Stray Fawn Community

Ideas?

1 minute ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

(I've never actually written a book before.. I just wanna see how it turns out, and how good I am at it, though I don't think it's going to turn out well.. I bet it'll be horrible..)

no no don't think like that. It's hard to get over the initial cringe of reading your writing, but never beat yourself up. And if your not ready to commit to a book maybe try a short story? You'll still be able to see what you need to work on and what you got down.

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Applesauce said:

no no don't think like that. It's hard to get over the initial cringe of reading your writing, but never beat yourself up. And if your not ready to commit to a book maybe try a short story? You'll still be able to see what you need to work on and what you got down.

That's true..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

I can find it and read it to you, if you want?

Thank you but I could probably pick it up at school. We have pick up days for work and library books and all that stuff. Let me check if they have it...

9 hours ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

Oof-

Idk what to say honestly..

I wanna create a story(Without pictures)

And I have no idea what it should be about..

So, I'm creating this so if you want to, give me some ideas..

Thanks!

A bunch of words that come to mind seeing the forums and stuff

Axolotl (see picture above), child, windy, cherry blossom, culture, ghost, gore, betrayal, palace, temple, priest, mentor, monster, hope.

Ok, now I create a loose world building setting. A young child has an axolotl and they live in a temple helping the priests. It's constantly windy,, with cherry blossom trees around. It's a Japanese type culture, but not Japan because it's a fantasy world. The priests commune with spirits to know the future. The young child see's a ghost but the priests don't believe them except for their mentor because they're too young to see ghosts. They can only begin when they turn 14- the age children are supposed to start to grow up. Monsters are starting to attack the temple- which has never happened before. Temples are considered neutral and holy ground, where no armies or monsters are allowed to cross. What will the young child do to protect their home?

• Like 1
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

Thank you but I could probably pick it up at school. We have pick up days for work and library books and all that stuff. Let me check if they have it...

I don't think they do! I'm surprised because it's always sounded like something a school would make kids read. But that's ok, I bet I could just find the first few pages and see if I like it.

• Like 1

I had a non-traditional horror idea the other day in the woods about a blood-thirsty stag who uses his antlers as a weapon. He could live out in a wild, isolated woodland town or one of those tiny wooded areas in the suburbs. But the stag is too dangerous to be left alive, and people want his huge rack hanging from there wall so they go after him (big jaws vibe) That's just a more gruesome idea I had off the top of my head.

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

I don't think they do! I'm surprised because it's always sounded like something a school would make kids read. But that's ok, I bet I could just find the first few pages and see if I like it.

It's about a phantom "ghost" that haunts the opera, box 5 is owned by him, he makes a girl sing, and love him, and makes the managers pay him in the middle of each month, and a human that has feelings for the new singer(I'm not going to spoil names) and tries to get her to remember him, (That's all I'm going to say)

• Like 1

How about something like: 

It was a dark night, as a storm blows over town, no people in sight, nothing around.. it was empty.. inside a small house there lived a three-person family: A mother, and two daughters, "Mom? When will the storm pass?" one of the daughters asked, "I don't know, Christine.." the family was poor, yet faithful, some hours later, the storm died down, stopping in just another couple of minutes, the storm had been going on for days..

-

How that for a start?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

17 minutes ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

It was a dark night, as a storm blows over town, no people in sight, nothing around.. it was empty.. inside a small house there lived a three-person family: A mother, and two daughters, "Mom? When will the storm pass?" one of the daughters asked, "I don't know, Christine.." the family was poor, yet faithful, some hours later, the storm died down, stopping in just another couple of minutes, the storm had been going on for days..

-

How that for a start?

I love the vibe, but it might need some fleshing out. Otherwise great tone!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Applesauce said:

I love the vibe, but it might need some fleshing out. Otherwise great tone!

Thanks!

I gtg unfortunately..

My battery is at 6% and my computer doesn't do well while on and charging at the same time..

I will be on tomorrow!

After my brother does some of his school work..

Oof-

We need another computer..

Anyway,

Bye!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!

Maybe..

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

-

How that for a start?

Also this is Chapter 1: The knock

Continuation of the story: 

There was a faint knock at the door, "Mom, who's that?" asked the other daughter, "I don't know.." the mother went to go open the door, there was nothing there.. as soon as the mother reached the Livingroom, there was a knock again, only.. a little louder.. the mother checked the door again: Nothing.. what was happening? As the mother entered the Livingroom, sat down, and got comfortable, the daughter asked: "Who was that?" "I don't know, Lilith.."

-

So? What do you think so far?

• Like 2
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, W-C-A19RanSSdom87F-P-C said:

Also this is Chapter 1: The knock

Continuation of the story: 

There was a faint knock at the door, "Mom, who's that?" asked the other daughter, "I don't know.." the mother went to go open the door, there was nothing there.. as soon as the mother reached the Livingroom, there was a knock again, only.. a little louder.. the mother checked the door again: Nothing.. what was happening? As the mother entered the Livingroom, sat down, and got comfortable, the daughter asked: "Who was that?" "I don't know, Lilith.."

-

So? What do you think so far?

For some reason, this gives me horror vibes. I like it

• Haha 1