Stray Fawn Community

-A Pair of Die-

Katumai

haha dont mind me just another FRIGGIN PLAYTHROUGH DONT LOOK OVER HERE

(and if you were wondering-yes this is related to the one Foxy just posted, she approves so dont go complainin)

playthrough starts in next post because of uh

technical difficulties

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

"I really wish you'd stop doing this."

"That doesn't mean I'll listen to you."

"Obviously. Why do you think I finally gave up."

"Weak will? Don't worry, you can fix that."

"...you're twisted. So twisted. What happened to you?"

-------------------

Not a new sight, nine nichelings washed up and unconcious on some new island. In fact, you could say it happens quite often, weirdly enough. 

One was awake. 

Sitting by the biting cold water and watching as a leech tried to bite at his paw. His red fur was a splash of warmth amongst the cold white landscape.

Another stirred, wheezing out a cough and shooting up so fast he must have gotten a headrush. The warm nicheling turned to look at him.

"Nightmare?"

"...who are you?"

"Nobody you need to know about."

The black furred nicheling tilted his head, fur still bristled up from whatever had spooked him awake.

"...Cain, if you must know. You?"

"Agnes..."

It took a whole other six hours for the others to start waking up.

-----------------

DRYGUH.png.0856095be71a9892d28be5b1bcd3ce64.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 2

"WOW, AM I DEAD?! NEAT!"

Agnes nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden screaming, whipping around to face the brown spotty male. Unfortunately, Agnes has four left paws and immediately stepped on some poor girl's head.

"OW, HEY!"

He shifted his gaze down to the female's sharp glare, about to stutter out an apology until she shoved him away harshly, which again, caused him to fall on some helpless sleeping person.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, PERVERT!"

The nicheling he had fallen on top of barely even seemed fazed, jolting awake and blinking down at Agnes with a weird, mildly unsettling smile. 

"Wow! That hurt!" He chirped, still seeming mostly unbothered. That somehow scared Agnes more than the raging female still screaming profanities at him.

"IF YOU DON'T SHUT YOUR TRAP IN THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS I WILL KICK YOU IN THE FACE, LADY!"

The last four had woken up at this point, presumably from all the screaming. The blind one seemed to be having a rougher time than the others, huddling low to the ground and covering his ears with his one good paw.

---------

Things calmed after a bit...or uh, an hour. They were all scared, okay?

"OKAY-can you all just, say your names? I need something to call you by..." Agnes stared at the eight other nichelings, nervously swiping his right paw back and forth over the grass.

"I'm not telling you anything, weirdo!"

"Can you just..." He trailed off, trying to keep the emotions from overflowing. Talking to people was never his strong suit. He could never push past the anxiety.

"Doxx." The pink one spoke up, still holding that same, unnerving smile. Even though he was small, something about him didn't seem right.

Doxx leaned forward slightly, gaze boring into Agnes like fire. "Say, did your mother ever-"

"Southend." One of the other males-the one with brown fur and a black mane-cut him off. He didn't say anymore, just turned to stare across the sea.

And so, the rest introduced themselves.

"Ugh, Plastic." The spotty female.

"Hatter!" The spotted male.

"Numbify..." The male who could seem to barely stay awake.

"Away." The female with double no-paws.

"Don't laugh..."

"We won't."

"...Surely."

"...what?"

"That's my name..."

Doxx then proceeded to start laughing.

• Like 4

Most of them split off, going off to explore in groups or gather food.

"Heyyyy, Cain!"

Cain stopped, turning slowly to see the tips of someone's ears.

"Down here!"

Cain tilted his head down-oh, it was Doxx.

He still had that damn smile.

"Nice to meet'cha! You sure do look different! Where are you from?"

"I was born in a swamp-"

"And you lived by a patch of thorns! Ooh, the same ones your dear old friend got tangled up in, right? Shame, shame."

Cain went still, staring silently at Doxx for a few moments-he was still smiling.

As soon as he had fully registered those words, Cain dug his claws into Doxx's shoulders, shoving him to the ground and hissing in his face.

"HOW DO YOU  KNOW THAT?!"

"I know lots of things! You know, like that one secret ya got~"

Cain felt his blood run cold, digging his clawtips into Doxx's throat. "Don't. You. Dare."

Doxx just snorted, still smiling as some sort of chiiirrruppp noise came from his throat. 

"Awww, you think you're scary! You're cute!"

They just stared at each other for a few heartbeats, before Cain hauled him up and shoved him away towards the rest of the tribe.

Doxx barely winced, shaking some grass from his fur and shooting a smirk to Cain as he walked off.

"Everything's got consequences, Cainy~"

1224294369_KM2.png.87603bb20323080b4ab60c8c398fe0db.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eek! 1

"Uh...what are you doing?"

"Like...trying to dig up the bush roots...I think?"

"But doesn't it need those to grow more berries?"

Numbify just shrugged, slumping on the ground drowsily as if he hadn't slept in days.

Away sighed, going back to sniffing at the berries and trying to see how she could pick them with her stupid, useless paws.

"AYYY, ARE THOSE BERRIES?-Wait, nevermind, it's the boring kind." 

Away questioningly raised an eyebrow at Hatter, glancing back and forth between him and the bush. "Uh, what does that mean?"

Hatter trotted up to the bush, plucking a berry and leaning with his back against the branches with a giant smirk.

"There's these berries that really mess with your head-or they kill you if you eat them whole, but only absolute braindead people would do that." He held the berry between two claws, casually inspecting it with that same, wolfish grin and his tail lashing back and forth wildly.

"Mom used to dilute the juice with water and give it to whoever stopped by our nest, it was pretty entertaining watching them stumble around and act like zombies! Well, until they dropped dead and we had to toss 'em in the ocean before anyone came by."

At this point Numbify had jolted awake, and he shared a simultaneously confused and unnerved look with Away.

What in the world is up with his family?

768305581_KM1.png.ce7ee35a82b13a4bbab2e1292400bdd4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

what kind of berry is that?

Normal. It just looks different because she's on a different type of laptop than your device's company is from. Don't worry too much about it, it's just small differences.

4 hours ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Normal. It just looks different because she's on a different type of laptop than your device's company is from. Don't worry too much about it, it's just small differences.

ohhhh, so he was lying, oh wait, he said it's the boring kind. was he talking about the normal berries?(I asked what type of berrie it was because I thought it was the barrie he was talking about.)

52 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

ohhhh, so he was lying, oh wait, he said it's the boring kind. was he talking about the normal berries?(I asked what type of berrie it was because I thought it was the barrie he was talking about.)

He considers normal berries to be boring

3 hours ago, Zixvir said:

I know that, I was asking if there is some other type of poison berries.

He's just talking about normal poison berries, in my universe they can do a lot of messing with your head if you eat the seeds or dilute the poison in the juice

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

"Um, are you alright Cain?"

"Mhm."

The male barely lifted his head, staring at the water with narrowed eyes. He seemed troubled.

Agnes stopped his prodding at the sand (he wasn't finding any worms anyway) and cautiously sat down next to Cain, briefly glancing at the spot he was staring at so intently.

"Do you see something?"

"No, I'm just...thinking."

"About what?"

Silence settled between them for a few heartbeats, before Cain shifted his gaze to Agnes, eyes still narrowed.

"Be wary of Doxx, Agnes. He's...nothing about him is right."

Before Agnes could ask anymore questions, Cain stepped into the water, wading through it to presumably go try and catch fish.

"Maybe I should stay and watch so he doesn't freeze to death?..."

1347135347_KM4.png.e2130136c35e44af63543d2a780297bb.png

• Like 5

A lot of the characters here are named after songs or parts of songs, and their backstories/personalities are pretty much based after those songs (aside from Plastic, kinda?), so-

Cain- Cain, Cousin Marnie

Hatter- Mad Hatter, Melanie Martinez

Plastic- Someone Gets Hurt, Mean Girls

Southend- Pork Soda, Glass Animals

Agnes- Agnes, Glass Animals

Away- Drift Away, Steven Universe

I can't remember what I pulled Numbify and Surely from but i promise they exist dtyufgi

and the Doxx is the only one not named after a song, which is fitting

now time for another update-

• Like 5
  • Eek! 1

5 hours ago, Katumai said:

He's just talking about normal poison berries, in my universe they can do a lot of messing with your head if you eat the seeds or dilute the poison in the juice

ohhh. ok.

(take 2!) ohhh. so that's how you visualise them!

"Hey, birdy boy!"

"Uh, yes?"

"What's up with your eyes? I've never seen anything like 'em before!"

"Oh, um..." Surely nervously shifted his one good paw, shifting his gaze to somewhere he hoped hatter wasn't standing.

"I'm blind..."

"Oooohhh, you can't see?! So I could do anything right now and you wouldn't see me?! Pfft, I hate to be you in a murder mystery game!"

"...a what?"

Hatter shifted closer, face so close that Surely could feel his breath. 

"Y'know, a murder mystery game! Like Danganronpa?"

"What in the world is Danganronpa?"

"Ohhh, right. Wrong kind of playthrough. Nichelings don't have computers, my bad author."

Surely had absolutely no idea what he was talking about anymore, just sitting and nodding.

Not gonna lie, this guy was starting to freak him out.

431484238_KM3.png.8561023d97451fff20f5c1de9bdfe575.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"So, um...how are you feeling?"

"Horrible! And don't talk to me, creep!"

Agnes shrunk back a bit, pushing away some more grass to try and find a nest. He had no idea why he was stuck with Plastic, she left him on the verge of a panic attack with just her damn words. 

Hopefully I can find a nest soon and just drop here there. 

"More poison berries..." He sighed, staring at the bush for a few moments. He wasn't sure if the uneasy feeling he got came from deadliness of the berries or something else.

"Agnes, Agnes, turn around-" Plastic's panicked whisper reached his ears, and before he could respond, he felt hot breath down the back of his neck.

1559688037_KM5.png.922fe26efa9c1bc9e083333704b4c68a.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

Luckily before anything got too out of hand, Cain jumped out from seemingly nowhere and killed the bearyena with just a few swipes and a bite to the neck.

Agnes let out a breath of relief, rushing up to Cain and pressing a paw gently against the slash on his left shoulder.

"Are you okay?! Does it hurt? How deep is it-"

Cain gently pushed his paw down, briefly glancing at the wound and...smiling? Cain could smile?

"It's fine. I'll just go find a healing plant."

Before Agnes could say anything else, Cain walked off into the grass, leaving Numbify to walk up.

"I heard commotion, what's wrong?"

"Bearyena, but it's gone now..."

Numbify hummed, prodding around the ground with his digging paw, and flinching when it seemed he hit something.

"That's one big root-OH."

Agnes poked his head around Numbify, pushing away some more grass and finding what looked to be a tree stump.

"We could use this..." He hopped up on the stump, stumbling briefly with his stupid frog legs and admiring the feeling of the wind in his fur. 

"Still really cold..."

1449309628_KM6.png.da026cc8966710c1596c1e87d0770e7d.png

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

The first thing Southend had done was go off on his own, not wanting absolutely anything to do with the rest of the tribe. Being alone was always the better option.

Y'know, until he realized someone decided to follow him.

"Heeyyy, what'cha 'doin?" 

"None of your business."

"Hey, you're lookin for berries, right?"

Southend shot him a glare, then went back to walking.

"No."

"Awww, and  you're a terrible liar!"

"Shut up."

This guy was really getting on his nerves. He never shut up, just kept blabbering on about things nobody cared about.

Though the weird 'guesses' he tossed in about Southend's life were a bit concerning.

Eventually he had enough, letting out a growl and flopping down next to the water. He hoped Doxx would finally get the message and leave, but he either didn't get it or didn't care, laying down right next to him and getting uncomfortably close.

"Ooooo, what'cha 'doin now?"

"Trying not to crack your skull open on that rock over there."

"Aww, that's sweet!"

"I wish you were dead."

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do."

"I know that you don't!"

"You don't know anything."

Doxx snickered, his grin growing even wider, if that was possible. "Suuure, let's go with that."

There was silence again for exactly two full minutes-shocking, I know-and Southend thought he was finally getting some damn peace.

And then a crabbit popped up.

"Aww, hey little guy!" Doxx cooed, reaching out his good paw to the creature and patting it on it's dumb little crabbit head.

It started flailing it's pinchers around-for what reason they didn't know-and Doxx just sat there and cooed at the thing, which may have been cute if he wasn't so unbearably annoying.

"Ow." Southend looked down at the crabbit, realizing it had grabbed Doxx's paw and looked it was trying to tear off the whole limb. 

Doxx didn't seem to really react, staring at the thing with the same smile on his face-though somehow it felt more...unsettling, at the moment.

He tore his paw from the creature's grip, watching for a seconds as it clacked it's pinchers together.

Then he put his paw on it's back, pressing down and holding it's stomach to the ground, watching as it flailed around and tried to escape.

"Hey there buddy, that's no way to treat people. Oh, I'm sorry about your mother by the way, maybe she should have stayed away from bearyenas." He leaned his head down towards the crabbit, face just out of reach as it tried to snap at him. "Crabbit is pretty tasty, it would be wise to not attack creatures bigger than you, wouldn't want to end up like your brother, right?" 

With each sentence, he pressed down on the crabbit harder. "Then again, you don't have much concious thought, so I doubt you think much at all!"

He heard a crack.

"Maybe stay in the ocean next time, yeah?"

Another crack.

"Fun talking to ya!"

With probably the most sickening noise Southend had ever heard, the crabbit went limp, top layer of it's outer shell completely caved it.

Nearly frozen in shock, he slowly raised his head to face Doxx, who was still staring at the crabbit.

And smiling

Still. Smiling.

"He was nice, wasn't he? Wish he could have stayed a bit longer!"

Southend couldn't even say anything, just stare at the crabbit. He didn't even say anything when Doxx moved closer, basically pressing into his side and closing his eyes with a contented smile.

Southend was feeling a bit sick.

478056002_KM7(1).png.e9ffbe946f7291ca06c3ee6903ac5869.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1