Stray Fawn Community

-A Pair of Die-

Katumai

Though it had been several days since the...crabbit incident, Southend was still a bit on edge. Doxx was still following him around and annoying him endlessly-

Not to mention that he was getting kinda touchy.

In all honesty, he wasn't even surprised when he woke up and found Doxx curled up against him, it was just kinda normal at this point.

...why is he shivering?

It wasn't particularly cold out, but then again, Doxx had Water Body, which was absolutely useless in the cold.

A Nightmare, possibly?

He had no idea what to do, but for whatever reason he couldn't fathom, seeing the stupid furball shake like a scared rabbil didn't make him feel too great.

So, he did the only thing he could think of.

Toss Doxx in a hotspring.

"HOLY-"

Doxx immediately popped up, shaking some of the water from his mane and blinking at Southend.

"I have several questions."

Doxx of all people had questions? Didn't he like, know everything or something?

"You were shaking. It's cold out."

After several moments of silent staring between them, Doxx started grinning, resting his chin of the edge of the edge of the hotspring.

"Awww, you care about me!"

Dammit.

"I still hate you, but I don't want you freezing to death. Do that when I'm not around."

"Mhm, yeah, yeah, sure." Doxx snickered.

"On second thought, maybe I should have just let you froze."

"Aww, c'mon! You don't want that!"

"You don't know what I want."

"Oh, I know lots of things, remember?~"

Doxx lifted his head, leaning forward slightly and narrowing his eyes-of course, still with that damn smirk. 

"Like-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Southend shoved his head under the water, then whipped around and stormed off to sulk by a bush or something.

"Joke's on you, I can breathe underwater!" Doxx's voice trailed after him.

1949231266_km10.png.16dbffd3df249391d7804e176b608bfc.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

When Agnes woke up after not sleeping for a whole day, he did not expect to find some wanderer guy staring at him.

"WHA-"

"Ayy there buddy, say, I couldn't help but notice that you've got a certain plant behind you-"

"No."

"Oh come onnnn!" The stranger begged, laying down in front of him and inching his face uncomfortably close.

"Could I at least, like, join your tribe or something?"

Agnes stared for a few moments, then sighed, getting up and shoving him along towards where Cain lay beneath the tree.

"Is that a yes? My name's Buttermilk, by the way!"

713393844_KM11.png.5f7faf0aedf0dfda86378abd5cb5b838.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

18 hours ago, Katumai said:

When Agnes woke up after not sleeping for a whole day, he did not expect to find some wanderer guy staring at him.

"WHA-"

"Ayy there buddy, say, I couldn't help but notice that you've got a certain plant behind you-"

"No."

"Oh come onnnn!" The stranger begged, laying down in front of him and inching his face uncomfortably close.

"Could I at least, like, join your tribe or something?"

Agnes stared for a few moments, then sighed, getting up and shoving him along towards where Cain lay beneath the tree.

"Is that a yes? My name's Buttermilk, by the way!"

713393844_KM11.png.5f7faf0aedf0dfda86378abd5cb5b838.png

New blood- Um, I mean friend. Yes! FRIEND THAT IS WHAT I SAID.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Aunt Away?"

"Yes?"

"Where's momma?"

Away sighed, curling her tail around the child in what she hoped was a comforting gesture. She didn't care much about getting sick.

"She's...busy, is all. She'll be back soon, Rune."

The child looked down at her paws, looking more depressed than a child her age should ever look.

"Six said momma left because-" She paused to sneeze. "B-because I'm a freak...she didn't leave because of that, right? Momma didn't leave because I act weird sometimes, right auntie?"

Even though she wanted desperately to tell her the truth, to say that her mother was mere meters away and that she ditched her daughter to the birds for her illness and strange behavior-

He couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Of course not, she's just..."

Gods, she had said this a thousand times already.

"...busy."

909120048_km12.png.903106588cf4a1284242c0655d0fb064.png

• Sad 3

"Aunt Away?"

"Yes?"

"Where's momma?"

Away sighed, curling her tail around the child in what she hoped was a comforting gesture. She didn't care much about getting sick.

"She's...busy, is all. She'll be back soon, Rune."

The child looked down at her paws, looking more depressed than a child her age should ever look.

"Six said momma left because-" She paused to sneeze. "B-because I'm a freak...she didn't leave because of that, right? Momma didn't leave because I act weird sometimes, right auntie?"

Even though she wanted desperately to tell her the truth, to say that her mother was mere meters away and that she ditched her daughter to the birds for her illness and strange behavior-

He couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Of course not, she's just..."

Gods, she had said this a thousand times already.

"...busy."

909120048_km12.png.903106588cf4a1284242c0655d0fb064.png

Another child, this one's a boy

Say hi to Drifting, kids!

1454714195_KM13.png.980ab263d53b4e9c0657bbfbc528c3fb.png

I feel bad for Rune, luckily she has a good aunt. Drifting is cute, Hello little one, (Wait who's the dad)

• Love 1

"Ooooh, is that a dead thing?!"

"Hatter, please-"

"I'mma eat it!"

"NO, PLEASE DO NOT EAT IT! WHEN PREY IS JUST LYING AROUND THE THING THAT CAUGHT IT WON'T BE TOO FAR AWAY!"

"Relax, Birdy Boy! I'll keep you safe!"

"That's not what I'm worried about!-"

"oH HOLY-"

"DAMMIT, I TOLD YOU! RUN!"

1396765097_km14.png.05199cadc085801810f1fc9b19646420.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Paw up 1

1 minute ago, FawnCat said:

I feel bad for Rune, luckily she has a good aunt. Drifting is cute, Hello little one, (Wait who's the dad)

I don't actually remember who half of these children's fathers are sdtryguhu

the inly one I can remember is that Agnes is Rune's father, but he doesn't actually know she exists because he hasn't seen Plastic in forever

• Haha 2

the inly one I can remember is that Agnes is Rune's father, but he doesn't actually know she exists because he hasn't seen Plastic in forever

Sound about how mine eventually goes. You think you'll ever let Agnes find out?

"Your daughter is asking for you."

"She can keep asking. I don't want anything to do with her."

"Gods, could you just-be a damn mother, for once?! She's your child!"

Plastic didn't respond, looking away and clutching the child between her paws closer to her chest.

She seemed...

Guilty? 

Away scoffed, reluctantly dropping the subject for now and looking at the little girl blinking curiously up at her.

"What's her name?"

"...Novella."

1208133467_KM15.png.29a862a50df881d9c73051ecc8ec2b20.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

Sound about how mine eventually goes. You think you'll ever let Agnes find out?

Possibly? When Rune grows up Away plans to take her to the center of the tribe, so Agnes might put two-and-two together

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Katumai said:

"Your daughter is asking for you."

"She can keep asking. I don't want anything to do with her."

"Gods, could you just-be a damn mother, for once?! She's your child!"

Plastic didn't respond, looking away and clutching the child between her paws closer to her chest.

She seemed...

Guilty? 

Away scoffed, reluctantly dropping the subject for now and looking at the little girl blinking curiously up at her.

"What's her name?"

"...Novella."

1208133467_KM15.png.29a862a50df881d9c73051ecc8ec2b20.png

this was my last screenshot so you'll have to wait a minute for the next update tfyguih

• Paw up 2

this was my last screenshot so you'll have to wait a minute for the next update tfyguih

That's fine. I'm excited to see where this goes.

This is really making me want to try something like this too but I sadly have poor talent in keeping things I start up.

• Like 1

Just now, FawnCat said:

That's fine. I'm excited to see where this goes.

This is really making me want to try something like this too but I sadly have poor talent in keeping things I start up.

same :sadcowboyemoji:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

36 minutes ago, Katumai said:

okay to answer this question-

Six-Cain

Rune-Agnes

Drifting-Southend

Novella-Hatter

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

"Going well so far. I mean, as well it can go with someone like that around. How's your's?"

--------------------

Ever wonder what Numbify is doing?

Mostly nothing. Just diggin' up roots and all that jazz.

But he's also stupid. 

And that's how he ended up with a child after he accidently knocked over an ice block and broke it. Yay.

"Oh, gods, uh..."

How does one communicate with a child again?

"What's your name?"

The child didn't say anything, simply tilted her head and continued to blink up at him curiously. More silence.

And more silence.

Andd....this was going nowhere.

Numbify just sighed, rubbing his face with his one good paw in exasperation.

"Okay-" 

The child cut him off with what seemed like some sort of strained squeak. Well, at least he got something out of her.

316599126_km16.png.76c137a7d1a46f56383885230bc002e8.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Anything interesting happen over at your's yet? I can feel something approaching over here."

----------------------------

Not an unusual sight, seeing Hatter run around like he has no idea what he's doing. Hell, he doesn't know what he's doing half the time.

He does this time though.

"Hey, Birdy Boy!" He called out, running to the male laid across the tree stump. Not sure why, considering Surely can't keep watch, but who knows.

"I smelled a rogue by the river! Wanna go beat him to death?!"

He waited a minute, happily hopping up and down in place like an excited child.

No response.

Hatter tilted his head. Surely may have been a little hesitant to be his friend, but he always talked to him.

Why is he ignoring me? Is he asleep?

"Hellooooo? Birdy Boy?"

Still hearing no response, Hatter huffed, stepping closer and shaking the other nicheling violently.

"Dammit, answer me!-"

As soon as he saw his face, he froze. 

His eyes were cloudy-nothing new-but they didn't seem...right. They seemed dead and frozen and utterly lifeless. The entirety of his beak and-now that he really looked-his back were covered by a thin sheet of frost.

"What?..."

He couldn't feel a pulse or see him breathing, no sign that he was even alive.

"C-c'mon, just...get up already. You can't sleep all day, Birdy Boy."

He shook him again.

"What, d-do I have to carry you? C'mon."

He shook a little harder.

"Come on, Surely, get up...get up...you won't be cold anymore if ya just, move around..." 

248381976_km17.png.2bc8794e2374a777e6a7c5364819af40.png

• Sad 4

"Things can get quite boring. The only time a Balance Bear showed up here the idiots managed to get away unscathed."

----------------------------

Since they were almost completely out of food, Agnes wandered down to the shore to try and dig up some worms, they needed everything they could find after all.

Of course, with his luck, he found absolutely nothing. 

Great.

"I can't do anything right, can I?" He mumbled, hopping up a few more small rises of land and suppressing a shiver from the wind.

It feels like I'm being watched...

He could see the tree now, just a few more jumps. 

And-...what was that noise?

No.

Oh gods, no.

He slowly turned, freezing as he came face-to-face with a snarling bearyena.

Immediately, he turned to run, only to fall heavily in the snow as a sharp pain jolted up his hindleg. He struggled to stand up again, barely registering the fact that the beast had snapped his leg in half before bolting away.

"HELP! CAIN! CAIN!"

1082676219_km18.png.516e00fb82426acbc79d1ad6f1d44140.png

• Sad 5

"Hi!"

Drifting greeted the strange child, sitting down in front of her and shooting a smile.

The female blinked at him, tilting her head and staying quiet.

"I'm Drifting, what's your name?"

His only response was a bunch of squeaks.

"Well nice to meet you, Squeak!"

987580522_km19.png.7c130a2bc5f7f988afa8c02d191086f9.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 4

"Southend! I'm coooolllddd!"

"Then get in the hot spring."

"Nah. Don't feel like it."

"Then shut up."

He thought that was the end of it, but of course, this is Doxx we're talking about.

Instead of any verbal response, Doxx practically threw himself at Southend, crawling under him until almost the entire front half of his body was draped over Doxx.

"Dammit, what are you-"

"I said I was cold!"

Southend growled, giving up and setting his head down on the back of Doxx's neck. Knowing this guy, there was no way he could get him off anyway.

Doxx made some sort of noise akin to a purr, closing his eyes with his stupid smile on his face.

"Do you, perhaps, enjoy this?"

"Don't push me."

"Okay, okay, not like I need you to tell me anyway~"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure! I most likely know the answer!"

"You seem to know every little detail on everyone's lives, and yet...we don't know anything about you. don't know anything about you."

And for once, Doxx was quiet, seeming to barely even breathe under him.

It took a few minutes for him to respond.

"You wouldn't like what I have to say."

525863333_km20.png.b7b808331f3b6d7ae93d46b7396c9e97.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eek! 2