Stray Fawn Community

A Niche Tale

FawnCat

So, I'm going to try this story playthrough. I don't think I'll be doing colors for who is who (Unless asked)

I'm by no means good at grammar and spelling (Is that the same thing?) So, if you feel like pointing out if I do make any such mistakes go ahead. I'll try to fix it.

I can't guarantee a great story as some of the others on here. (I'm not nearly as creative as I wished to be)

One thing I will be doing is adding pictures I drew (Since I want to practice drawing expressions)

Please ignore the Activate windows if it does pop up I got my pc from someone else and I don't have the code to fix that.

And most importantly:

I'M DOING THIS FOR FUN TOO!

• Like 5
  • Eek! 1

3.thumb.png.c8f29e8d85836407df4a8815485a45af.png"Meshila!" The booming voice of their leader came from the cave. A young pale spotted nicheling jumped from her spot outside. Looking fearfully to her mother. The older female lifted her big snout in the air. "It's an honor to serve the tribe leader. Don't disappoint me." Meshila lowered her head and with a confirming nod she lightly stepped into the cave.

The cave was decorated with all the triumphs of the main family, from bearyenas to balance bears fur laid down. The leader was sitting pristine as her white fur gave off a faint glow. "Young Meshila, you have been chosen to lead my daughter to the tribe of Heat. Last I heard they settled in a place called Burning Savanna."

At her words a cub of mere days was brought forth. "Her name is Amira and she will be mated to Oberon son of Odaka, understood." Meshila hesitated as she looked at the newborn. She was ever so young and if-

"MESHILA! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!"

The leaders words were accompanied with a swift claw to her face. Meshila stood firm and only a grunt left her as blood dripped and mixed with her fur.
"Understood."

4.thumb.png.630fe750d8905225ff48a8540bf77c1d.png20201204_170200.thumb.jpg.ae4493fe4c97a15c66547938fb3ba74e.jpg

• Eek! 2
  • Love 4

8.thumb.png.82ea8e0c996f09694cf62f421ab10153.png

Meshila looked down at the cub at her side. They weren't even a day away and the small child already reached her limit. Amira slumped down into the cold snow her fur blending in seamlessly. Hesitantly Meshila reached out to pat the child but Amira snapped her eyes open and growled at her.

Amira opened he mouth and bit down on Meshila's paw. A tinge of pain surface but it faded away quickly into nothingness. Meshila used her other paw to remove the cub from herself. "If you want to survive here you'll need to bite a lot harder." The words almost seemed to be meant for someone else.

Amira tried walking among the snow and licked at it as she went. Cute is what came to Meshila's mind at the moment. If only she was mine. I'm sure if it wasn't for the leader she would have-

A bluebirds call startles Meshila from her state of daydream. Sinking low into the snow so that she blended in. She shivered at the memories involving these creatures.

Amira made angry huffs at the female when she was dragged to her side.
"What are you afraid of he's just a dumb bird." Meshila tried to comfort herself with her own words. She slowly pushed the child forward and away from the bird.

20201205_185127.jpg.746d50996e535a8dee5ff7e715695b5d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 3

9.thumb.png.abcfb8035f42c5437381b9a41f207a73.png

Near the edge of water sat a pregnant female nicheling. Her eyes stayed on the Bluebird in the sky. "Dang bird. GET LOST YOU OVERGROWN DODO!" The two cubs next to her giggled and pounce at each other as their mother continued to yell at the bird.

The red spotted cub yelped as her sister bit her wing gaining her mothers attention. "Sisira! Don't bite your sister." Sisira let go as she flopped to her side and giggled some more. "Honestly what am I going to do with you two?"

Tina sighed as she calmed down her crying cub. "Isel it's ok, don't cry."

20201207_195137.jpg.27b0ec963cf6b10f515d8cf0c9834269.jpg

• Love 4

10.thumb.png.fd59b767cffccb754cd3a62699d5916a.pngMeshila looked up while the cub descended from the cliff side. "You're doing good. Just don't let your claw slip."

"You don't say." The grumble came from the cub as she softly landed on the pile of snow Meshila had made for her.

"You're learning so quick. Not even Iko-" Meshila eyes went wide and she looked away quickly seemingly ashamed of her words. Amira tottered towards her while tilting her head in confusion.
"Ila?"
"Ila."
"Ila!"

"Huh, oh, um, yes, right." Meshila walked down the snowy path still lost in thoughts of her past. Startled at her caretakers actions Amira rushed after her.

Every time she came to Meshila's side Amira tried to catch her breath only to realize that Meshila hadn't stop as usual.
"Ila..." The little cub couldn't understand what was wrong. Was it her fault? Did she do something bad?

20201207_235314.thumb.jpg.acb2ce3deedac9542e709fab2e7c8fa6.jpg

• Love 4

18 hours ago, Foxy Kaza said:

THE DRAWINGS ARE TOO CUTE AND THE WRITING IS TOO GOOD-

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MOTHER

Thanks😄 I can see way to many mistakes in my own work but hearing that you like it makes me happy.

Sedrtgyuj I don't know,, I just need taught from your greatness

Well, what are you struggling with? I'll see with what I can help. Or do you just want me to explain my thought progress on both drawing and writing?

2 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

Well, what are you struggling with? I'll see with what I can help. Or do you just want me to explain my thought progress on both drawing and writing?

Dsdcfghyjk I don't know- Uh- How do you snout?

Dsdcfghyjk I don't know- Uh- How do you snout?

I haven't really won that battle just yet (As in I still struggle a lot with it at times). SO what I do is use references and a lot. I currently have 936 images that I use as references (JUST FELINES) when I draw. I also have a board above my place where I draw with quick facts and tips. Drawings I drew and liked are also on it to inspire me along with printed pictures of a cats face from front, side and third view. (Also one of my fav artist Naomi_lord artwork just for some more inspiration.)

ref.PNG.3c2e7606ab4a51c7900b8a79d9469f87.PNG20201208_010745.thumb.jpg.9963a4bc00289608548eb9c2f43dc9e1.jpg

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

I haven't really won that battle just yet (As in I still struggle a lot with it at times). SO what I do is use references and a lot. I currently have 936 images that I use as references (JUST FELINES) when I draw. I also have a board above my place where I draw with quick facts and tips. Drawings I drew and liked are also on it to inspire me along with printed pictures of a cats face from front, side and third view. (Also one of my fav artist Naomi_lord artwork just for some more inspiration.)

ref.PNG.3c2e7606ab4a51c7900b8a79d9469f87.PNG20201208_010745.thumb.jpg.9963a4bc00289608548eb9c2f43dc9e1.jpg

That's NEAT

Also, I spot an Issi

That's NEAT

Also, I spot an Issi

😄lol, I sometimes forget she's there.

I don't think that really helped you. um, not really good at giving advise since I'm still figuring things out and I don't want to give advise that will set your art back. I like your art style but it's always good to try other styles even when it's someone else's. Remember I did that one art topic where I tried to imitate others art, fun but it did help me realize that no one draws the same and there isn't a right or wrong way to draw. Sure, if you take it from a realistic art point of view then my art is completely wrong.

Here is a quick steps I take:20201208_012946.thumb.jpg.0ab3a860a87fbe7b1d5a22b259cf88a4.jpg

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

11.thumb.png.2b904159cda3cdba8785be1ca1fe3bae.pngThe yellow eyed male looked down at his three cubs that remained.

Disgust.

He couldn't figure out if it was from seeing his unwanted offspring or for himself. He looked off into the distance where Meshila had went with his oldest cub.
His eyes wandered over to his 'mate' and he sighed. He was so eager to show that he can be the best for this tribe that he never thought of what he would lose.

Young. Impatient. Foolish.

Lowering his head he let his paws sink into the snow. The cold was something he was used to now. The leader was getting ready to sleep while the cubs settled down too.
He slowly slinked away.

Away from his 'home'.

His 'tribe'.

His 'family'.

(my ink pen started to dry out, time for a new one)20201208_110929.jpg.bcfcb259dbaa497e7620d0be0cbc6c0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, FawnCat said:

11.thumb.png.2b904159cda3cdba8785be1ca1fe3bae.pngThe yellow eyed male looked down at his three cubs that remained.

Disgust.

He couldn't figure out if it was from seeing his unwanted offspring or for himself. He looked off into the distance where Meshila had went with his oldest cub.
His eyes wandered over to his 'mate' and he sighed. He was so eager to show that he can be the best for this tribe that he never thought of what he would lose.

Young. Impatient. Foolish.

Lowering his head he let his paws sink into the snow. The cold was something he was used to now. The leader was getting ready to sleep while the cubs settled down too.
He slowly slinked away.

Away from his 'home'.

His 'tribe'.

His 'family'.

(my ink pen started to dry out, time for a new one)20201208_110929.jpg.bcfcb259dbaa497e7620d0be0cbc6c0e.jpg

He is pretty boi

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

15.thumb.png.b5a515643ab81b4e8c7b08a753cbada4.png

"Amira. Hide behind the hot springs." Amira did a quick jump up and over the slippery sides of the rocks. She peaked over the edge to see what had made Meshila so cautious all of a sudden.

Meshila let out a warning growl at the animal that was approaching. The wind was blowing towards the animal so she couldn't make out a scent to identify what animal was coming closer. The fog created by the hot springs also didn't help her sight.

Amira lowered herself when she heard paws running over the snow. This animal wasn't the least bit careful about how much noise it was making. She clicked her tongue as she saw a nicheling dash past her. The lingering scent making her aware it was a male.

Meshila growled and jumped at the nicheling making sure to pin it to the ground. The pinned nichling growled back and used his hind legs to kick her off. Meshila landed on her side but got back up again with a growl.

"Meshila! It's me." The male dodged her attack and tried to calm her down.

Meshila paused and stared at the male, slowly realizing just who it was. "Tribe leaders mate?"

Said male flinced at the name. "Please don't call me that."

She glowered at him. "But that's you name now."

"It's not!" Looking down dejected. "I hate that name. It's not even a name." He chuckled without humor before looking back into her brown eyes. "I missed you."

She huffed and looked at him as he gave her a big grin. "You're a fool."

20201208_153446.jpg.3e8e026a3b443ec0e04ce87e7b483a94.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

15.thumb.png.b5a515643ab81b4e8c7b08a753cbada4.png

"Amira. Hide behind the hot springs." Amira did a quick jump up and over the slippery sides of the rocks. She peaked over the edge to see what had made Meshila so cautious all of a sudden.

Meshila let out a warning growl at the animal that was approaching. The wind was blowing towards the animal so she couldn't make out a scent to identify what animal was coming closer. The fog created by the hot springs also didn't help her sight.

Amira lowered herself when she heard paws running over the snow. This animal wasn't the least bit careful about how much noise it was making. She clicked her tongue as she saw a nicheling dash past her. The lingering scent making her aware it was a male.

Meshila growled and jumped at the nicheling making sure to pin it to the ground. The pinned nichling growled back and used his hind legs to kick her off. Meshila landed on her side but got back up again with a growl.

"Meshila! It's me." The male dodged her attack and tried to calm her down.

Meshila paused and stared at the male, slowly realizing just who it was. "Tribe leaders mate?"

Said male flinced at the name. "Please don't call me that."

She glowered at him. "But that's you name now."

"It's not!" Looking down dejected. "I hate that name. It's not even a name." He chuckled without humor before looking back into her brown eyes. "I missed you."

She huffed and looked at him as he gave her a big grin. "You're a fool."

20201208_153446.jpg.3e8e026a3b443ec0e04ce87e7b483a94.jpg

Y E S

• Like 1

16.thumb.png.c78fb5d68a2a403a5d53bc9b9db27ee4.png17.thumb.png.0cdfd3d641b9fe59a3fd9bf2a8754279.pngAmira was growing each day. Her eyes gleamed as she pounced and took down another rabbil. She hadn't felt this much joy in a while. That male had refuse to leave even when her caretaker had growled at him. Her nose twitched in disgust. What a needy male, she'll never want to have such a male after her.
Meshila ignored the rabbil the male had brought over and kept her focus on the young Amira. She couldn't be more proud. Amira had taken to hunting like it was nothing. The grey spotted niche sighed as the male next to her tried to get her attention.
"Come on, Shila~" He tried to move in front of her sight only to be pushed with her paw to the side. "Really?" The male fluffed his coat. "You're just going to ignore me?"
Meshila didn't even glance at him. She knew how he acted. If she gave even an inkling of interest he'll assume that she forgave him for what he did to her. What he did to them. What he had allowed to happen to their family.

(I kinda messed up with the BG)

20201215_231933.jpg.5561635cc7edd562b799e295af7ebf4e.jpg

• Love 3

20.thumb.png.f7c4c5f233b3bdc9097fca93e29ada99.png
Amira and Meshila was arguing about their food supplies when a growl was heard in the distance. The only male of the group backed up slowly. "Whatever it was it doesn't sound friendly." He tried sniffing the air but he couldn't pick up any smells and only proceeded to freeze his nose off. "It's way to cold anyway. We should head to a cave and wait the cold out."

Meshila muscles locked up as she recognized the smell. Amira noticing the smell herself could only scoff at the male. "You can't smell them? Useless."

The rustling of the snow flowers drew their attention. The white pelt of the ramfox blended in but Amira who had never seen these creatures before knew it was by no means friendly. "Ila?" Her voice held a tinge of fear as she didn't dare to let her eyes wander off it.

"Meshila, don't do anything stupid-" Before the male could finish his sentence Meshila had already climbed up the small hill to get to Amira.

"Stay away from her!" Meshila jumped and landed crouched before Amira. Her growls attracted the rest of the ramfox pack but she didn't hesitate a second to smack one on the snout.
Amira not wanting Meshila to get hurt in her stead dealt a swift claw attack on the one to her right. "Ila, I'll help."
"NO!"
"But-"
"Move back, we're not strong enough to take them all on."

Amira frowned but did as she was told. Her eyes landed on the male but he was sneaking his way past the ramfoxes already. Useless!

From the distance they could make out more growls and a big bodied nicheling smacking some of the ramfoxes around.

"How dare you try to bite my children!" The ramfox tried to scramble away as the nicheling took a bite out of their tail.
"Don't run you cowards! YOU half-baked nichelings!"

Meshila couldn't see who it was but was grateful even she hated being in dept to other. 24.thumb.png.88be8457124762e7a8338202a2588bd4.png

(I couldn't for the live of me get the picture right so now all of you have to suffer with me. Enjoy🙂)

Weird head20201219_135600.jpg.00e4f84f35a3039f9eba94cdd6320be2.jpg

Crooked face20201219_161714.jpg.23be654dc16347d501cb7eb5e59a26a6.jpg

Me failing some more20201220_125915.jpg.0dbc06b24a93d6db35c19ba80cd864fa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, FawnCat said:

20.thumb.png.f7c4c5f233b3bdc9097fca93e29ada99.png
Amira and Meshila was arguing about their food supplies when a growl was heard in the distance. The only male of the group backed up slowly. "Whatever it was it doesn't sound friendly." He tried sniffing the air but he couldn't pick up any smells and only proceeded to freeze his nose off. "It's way to cold anyway. We should head to a cave and wait the cold out."

Meshila muscles locked up as she recognized the smell. Amira noticing the smell herself could only scoff at the male. "You can't smell them? Useless."

The rustling of the snow flowers drew their attention. The white pelt of the ramfox blended in but Amira who had never seen these creatures before knew it was by no means friendly. "Ila?" Her voice held a tinge of fear as she didn't dare to let her eyes wander off it.

"Meshila, don't do anything stupid-" Before the male could finish his sentence Meshila had already climbed up the small hill to get to Amira.

"Stay away from her!" Meshila jumped and landed crouched before Amira. Her growls attracted the rest of the ramfox pack but she didn't hesitate a second to smack one on the snout.
Amira not wanting Meshila to get hurt in her stead dealt a swift claw attack on the one to her right. "Ila, I'll help."
"NO!"
"But-"
"Move back, we're not strong enough to take them all on."

Amira frowned but did as she was told. Her eyes landed on the male but he was sneaking his way past the ramfoxes already. Useless!

From the distance they could make out more growls and a big bodied nicheling smacking some of the ramfoxes around.

"How dare you try to bite my children!" The ramfox tried to scramble away as the nicheling took a bite out of their tail.
"Don't run you cowards! YOU half-baked nichelings!"

Meshila couldn't see who it was but was grateful even she hated being in dept to other. 24.thumb.png.88be8457124762e7a8338202a2588bd4.png

(I couldn't for the live of me get the picture right so now all of you have to suffer with me. Enjoy🙂)

Weird head20201219_135600.jpg.00e4f84f35a3039f9eba94cdd6320be2.jpg

Crooked face20201219_161714.jpg.23be654dc16347d501cb7eb5e59a26a6.jpg

Me failing some more20201220_125915.jpg.0dbc06b24a93d6db35c19ba80cd864fa.jpg

Meshila WAS doing something you meanie- (talking to pregnant grumpy grgr girl)

• Haha 1

27.thumb.png.6dc006acf66c92e814e632082bf0be48.pngThe pregnant nicheling hiked up the mountain as the others came down. Her cubs staying behind.

As the male came out from behind a large tree stump, Amira rolled her eyes at him as she passed. "Useless"

Meshila wasn't to sure how to handle the current situation. On one paw she was grateful for the pregnant females help on the other she felt a complex feeling at seeing someone familiar.
"Oh, great don't tell me the two of you are a thing again." Tina grumbled out as she saw them all getting closer.

Amira looked at her caretaker in thought and then let her eyes wander over to the older male. They dated?!

Meshila came to sit next to Tina with an awkward smile. "No, he's just following me for some reason." Meshila's eyes wander over to Tina's big stomach before looking off to the side.

"You're pregnant."

Startled Tina looked down at her belly. "Oh, yeah?" She let out a chuckle. "My third actually."

Meshila heart clenched at the words. "Your mate must be something."

The male came up to the two completely missing the signs that the two were in a private conversation. He scoffed and looked at her with disdain. "Someone actually took you?"

Tina growled at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're not the 'male type'."

Meshila frowned at his comment giving him a dirty look.

"Well it's got nothing to do with you!" Hackles raised she stood up on all four towering over the smaller male.

"Enough you two!"

Meshila stood in front of the male and looked Tina in the eye. "Please, not right now." Tina gave one final glare at the male over Meshila's shoulder. "Next time I won't hesitate."

The male fluffed his fur. "Sure. Sure."

Amira at the side lowered herself to hide between the snow.

Meshila sighed out, "So, what brings you here?"

Tina looked up at the clear sky. "I don't want my children to grow up here." Her eyes gave a death stare to the male. "Thanks to a certain someone the bears have been trying to kill everything that moves."

The male looked ashamed off to the side. His silents somehow confirming something for Tina. Her eyes looked to Meshila and grows soft as the other female seemed to be in thoughts.

"I'm guessing you're the next guardian they decided to sent off to some unknown island." Meshila gave a nod, "Burning Savanna." Came the soft reply.

Tina looked to the cub hiding in the snow. "So, she's going to be mated off like some slab of meat?"

Both Amira and Meshila frowned at the statement. Meshila because she didn't like this tradition very much. Amira cause this is the first she heard about this.

423003125_nichetale-Copy.PNG.81e69718e9c271b415ce1de84e2c03a9.PNG

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2