Stray Fawn Community

The Frozen Empire

Nightfire

17 hours ago, Nightfire said:

And also sidenote

anyone know what pattern this is? Blind genes are on and I really like this one

20210615091423_1.thumb.jpg.fbe420d737fd4d21a87eb5939e370708.jpg

What a gorgeous girl! I think I found her exact pattern by going in the sandbox creator (not sure the pattern color is correct, but it's the closest I could get):20210616082323_1.thumb.jpg.3e026ce3499f48a9e38531ef6f6f7acb.jpg

20210616082336_1.thumb.jpg.64a7aedb44409aadfc37a283815899b0.jpg

It's Mask, Pattern A, small+small size and very thick+very thick density! :) Also I guessed her genes that I couldn't see so I'm not sure that her other genes are 100% accurate, but the pattern should be pretty close at least! :D

• Thanks 1
  • Eek! 1

4 hours ago, Speedyscout said:

What a gorgeous girl! I think I found her exact pattern by going in the sandbox creator (not sure the pattern color is correct, but it's the closest I could get):20210616082323_1.thumb.jpg.3e026ce3499f48a9e38531ef6f6f7acb.jpg

20210616082336_1.thumb.jpg.64a7aedb44409aadfc37a283815899b0.jpg

It's Mask, Pattern A, small+small size and very thick+very thick density! :) Also I guessed her genes that I couldn't see so I'm not sure that her other genes are 100% accurate, but the pattern should be pretty close at least! :D

19 hours ago, Modiano said:

I think it's A

Tysm!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Horizon's Heritage

20210613123710_1.thumb.jpg.40086802d6c4dd70d513961ee240d36f.jpg

Moose and his nichelings had finally cornered the balance bear, preparing for a flurry of attacks on it once and for all.

But then, a roar sounded from upwards on the slope. Turning, Moose was faced with a nightmare he knew all too well.

A second balance bear had arrived, preparing to shred the Burnings apart.

20210613220458_1.thumb.jpg.206afb097180680f895625b4d3424371.jpg

Evergreen and Rowan came to the slaughter spot. Evergreen pulled back the snows in faked disbelief, seeing the frozen bones of Parrot and Emu. Her mind flashed the images of Parrot's melting muzzle and looked out to sea, expecting to see Firecracker falling under the waves as venom ate up her arm.

Rowan grabbed her father's skull, her face unreadable: "What happened to Mother?" She pawed at the other skull, the melted spots hidden under fresh snow. "This is Parrot, I can tell from how twisted it is."

Evergreen: "I'm more concerned about what killed them." She tapped her claw, thinking of an excuse: "Injuries from Slasher, old age? The flesh monster? A balance bear?"

Rowan was silent. Evergreen almost pitied her; she knew what it was like to lose a parent you've never met.

Almost.

20210613220636_1.thumb.jpg.86555265a72082259524b7f2261d7d85.jpg

As Firecracker left, Horizon approached Tiger's Eye.

Horizon: "What did you talk about?"

Tiger: "Firecracker wants me to.. kill someone.."

Horizon had the same thought as Tiger had herself; she could see it in her eyes. "Who?"

Tiger: "Another nicheling with venom. And a few others. Well, the entire Frozen Empire."

Horizon's gaze shifted to relief. "Good. Not any of us."

Tiger took a deep breath. "Horizon, I need to tell you something."

Horizon raised an eyebrow: "What?"

Tiger: "Long ago, when I was just a child, the Burnings came and took me, you and Salvador away while you were very young. And now, Moose wants you to become the next queen."

Horizon paused, but then, began laughing. "You think I didn't know that?"

Tiger was a bit taken aback. Horizon continued: "I was trailing behind the group a bit, remember? I heard them say something I think you shouldn't have heard. But I think you should now."

Tiger stared at her sister: "What..?"

Horizon stared at Tiger, her gaze turning to cold seriousness.

"Mother said, 'Why do we need Tiger's poison when we can use this one's?' when our sister, this venomous villain, was born."

Tiger felt everything around her collapse in on itself. Everything seemed to slow.

Everything had always been pointing to this being the truth. Mother- no, she shouldn't be called my Mother anymore, just Almond- had never come to save her. She was always cold to Tiger shortly after this new poisonous nicheling was born.

Yet it still hurt.

She pitied herself. But from pity, comes anger.

And from anger, comes vengeance.

The poisonous pacifist had reached her breaking point.

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 2

7 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

Horizon's Heritage

20210613123710_1.thumb.jpg.40086802d6c4dd70d513961ee240d36f.jpg

Moose and his nichelings had finally cornered the balance bear, preparing for a flurry of attacks on it once and for all.

But then, a roar sounded from upwards on the slope. Turning, Moose was faced with a nightmare he knew all too well.

A second balance bear had arrived, preparing to shred the Burnings apart.

20210613220458_1.thumb.jpg.206afb097180680f895625b4d3424371.jpg

Evergreen and Rowan came to the slaughter spot. Evergreen pulled back the snows in faked disbelief, seeing the frozen bones of Parrot and Emu. Her mind flashed the images of Parrot's melting muzzle and looked out to sea, expecting to see Firecracker falling under the waves as venom ate up her arm.

Rowan grabbed her father's skull, her face unreadable: "What happened to Mother?" She pawed at the other skull, the melted spots hidden under fresh snow. "This is Parrot, I can tell from how twisted it is."

Evergreen: "I'm more concerned about what killed them." She tapped her claw, thinking of an excuse: "Injuries from Slasher, old age? The flesh monster? A balance bear?"

Rowan was silent. Evergreen almost pitied her.

Almost.

20210613220636_1.thumb.jpg.86555265a72082259524b7f2261d7d85.jpg

As Firecracker left, Horizon approached Tiger's Eye.

Horizon: "What did you talk about?"

Tiger: "Firecracker wants me to.. kill someone.."

Horizon had the same thought as Tiger had herself; she could see it in her eyes. "Who?"

Tiger: "Another nicheling with venom. And a few others. Well, the entire Frozen Empire."

Horizon's gaze shifted to relief. "Good. Not any of us."

Tiger took a deep breath. "Horizon, I need to tell you something."

Horizon raised an eyebrow: "What?"

Tiger: "Long ago, when I was just a child, the Burnings came and took me, you and Salvador away while you were very young. And now, Moose wants you to become the next queen."

Horizon paused, but then, began laughing. "You think I didn't know that?"

Tiger was a bit taken aback. Horizon continued: "I was trailing behind the group a bit, remember? I heard them say something I think you shouldn't have heard. But I think you should now."

Tiger stared at her sister: "What..?"

Horizon stared at Tiger, her gaze turning to cold seriousness.

"Mother said, 'Why do we need Tiger's poison when we can use this one's?' when our sister, this venomous villain, was born."

Tiger felt everything around her collapse in on itself. Everything seemed to slow.

Everything had always been pointing to this being the truth. Mother- no, she shouldn't be called my Mother anymore, just Almond- had never come to save her. She was always cold to Tiger shortly after this new poisonous nicheling was born.

Yet it still hurt.

She pitied herself. But from pity, comes anger.

And from anger, comes vengeance.

The poisonous pacifist had reached her breaking point.

Perhaps Evergreen will pay for what she's done and her motives. But where will it end? I worry Tiger's Eye will be consumed by anger and become like Evergreen. Let's pray that's not the case! If it is, the whole mountain may be destroyed, especially with Fox Heart egging her on

• Eek! 2
  • Paw up 1

'Sneak peak' of next post:

20210613221015_1.thumb.jpg.d8717ea4c6df605343a4ff849f07bd52.jpg

"IF MOOSE DIES I CALL DIBS ON THE TRIBE" Horizon hollered as she jumped behind Fire Opal, a great show of heroic strength that reassured Moose that he had doomed the tribe to a horrible end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nightfire said:

'Sneak peak' of next post:

20210613221015_1.thumb.jpg.c108dd9a948c08ec8ba749edd039954b.jpg

"IF MOOSE DIES I CALL DIBS ON THE TRIBE" Horizon hollered as she jumped behind Fire Opal, a great show of heroic strength that reassured Moose that he had doomed the tribe to a horrible end.

I can't help it but its kinda funny-

like "I call dibs on the tribe" pf-

• Haha 1
  • Paw up 1

The Forgotten Children

20210613220808_1.thumb.jpg.fc0ef38c20ef89bd1393295e458fb24b.jpg

Onion assembled a group of nichelings to come with him back to the old camp. Arctic decided to come along; they wanted to adventure back to their birthplace.

Arctic didn't know why Onion wanted to go back; but they enjoyed knowing the secrets of everything on this mountain, so they didn't question it.

But Onion had a dark secret that might be his doom.

20210613220929_1.thumb.jpg.5314c4d0546c74bfebc9bf606fc14835.jpg

Elsewhere, Dragonfruit pulled herself out of the hotsprings; she had waited all her life for the snow to thaw and for her to leave the watery prison.

Little did she know, that what she had wished for had finally arrived.

But Dragonfruit didn't actually care anymore. Or at least, told herself that.

If only she had waited a little longer..

20210613221015_1.thumb.jpg.21b0dfe3da275aa62f281492c7f03746.jpg

Meanwhile, Moose and Dodo fended off the two balance bears, roaring into action in pursuit of the king.

But Moose didn't know of all the traditions Fire Opal carried; he honestly could care less about Horizon. Her show of horrid bravery made him more determined to win and defend the Burnings.

20210613221110_1.thumb.jpg.12a7f7b51bbcbf1689f6e01da68e5545.jpg

Evergreen had heard someone holler in the distance.

Iris shook in fear. "It's.. it's the Burnings. Moose is their king.."

Evergreen grabbed Laika and shoved her forwards. "Run! We're in no state to fight!"

Rowan called out as she began to hesitantly run. "What about burying Father's bones?"

"No time!" Evergreen turned around and saw Pomegranate slowly running behind, preparing to turn back for him. "Come on!"

"Just go! Nobody is related to him anyway. Nobody will care." Mud grabbed Evergreen's arm and hauled her away, Rowan shoving her forwards.

Pomegranate couldn't process it; he was already fighting for his life, against his own tribe.

• Sad 2

In Pursuit of the Crowns

Double post today because I feel like it

20210613221130_1.thumb.jpg.6a10c11afe460b0a6adb2fc7b685c5e4.jpg

Horizon raised her ears. Fire Opal, Fire Diamond and Firecracker also heard.

Horizon glanced around. "Who-"

Firecracker growled excitedly and angrily. "The Frozens. I recognize Evergreen's voice, that pitiful excuse of a nicheling."

Moose smiled evilly. "Let's get them."

"But-" Fire Opal glanced around. "Where's Fire Ruby? And that beige one?"

"Fire Ruby can defend herself. Onion will be fine aswell." Moose explained.

"And Fox Heart! Where did she go?" Tiger's Eye raised herself upwards. The usual shine in her eyes were gone and filled with a demoralizingly haunting darkness.

"No time. Let's go." Moose responded.

20210613221335_1.thumb.jpg.db91812f370386c77542d06e83639e2b.jpg

The group travelled on. Arctic heard a snap behind them, and saw Fox Heart snapping the neck of a rogue.

"Close call."

Arctic's suspicion rose once more, but they didn't worry about it too much. They just worried of the journey ahead.

20210613221218_1.thumb.jpg.85312a5366fb913f1b884db63042dde0.jpg

Dragonfruit began to trek across the tundra, looking for the Burnings in the direction they left.

She stood on a stump and jumped on a rabbit like a hungry wolf. The first fresh food she had eaten in her entire life.

Blood froze on her snout from the frost. Dragonfruit wanted the blood to be drenched all over her fur; it felt like a cover to the snows.

And she knew exactly whose it would be.

20210613221526_1.thumb.jpg.ed4984f0578bec9e21b911baad342ae1.jpg

Tiger's Eye had lost every aspect of herself. The fury in her had finally broken free. All she wanted was to end the lives of those who wronged her. Those who didn't care.

And for a minute, she reflected on whether or not genocide was a good idea. And realized how much Salvador had suffered.

'You've left all behind for yourself.. all that's left is to live with your consequence.' was true, she finally realized it. Salvador had been practically useless in the Frozens, blending into the crowd. He didn't effect anyone when he decided to leave. Nobody cared about him, they would leave him in the dust during the first danger spotted. LIKE POMEGRANATE

Because of Evergreen, a more powerful and less merciful version of Tiger, she would have suffered the same fate as him. Forever in the shadow of those around her, the only escape being a new party as a whole.

But what would be the consequence?

The constant shadows of the ones you left. The threat of a war.

Getting hunted down by 2 superpowered females for your entire life.

Salvador was useful here, and nobody was hunting him down. In fact, he had finally found his.. calling.

And it made Tiger realize how she would find something she had been searching for her entire life;

Acceptance for who she really was. And that would be the key to happiness.

Horizon was destined to be a leader. She would be happier like that. It's her own calling.

Fox Heart enjoyed giving nichelings a goal; living up to their fates. Her own calling.

This Evergreen person had found her own as well; leadership.

Tiger never had found hers.

• Eek! 3

5 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

In Pursuit of the Crowns

Double post today because I feel like it

20210613221130_1.thumb.jpg.6a10c11afe460b0a6adb2fc7b685c5e4.jpg

Horizon raised her ears. Fire Opal, Fire Diamond and Firecracker also heard.

Horizon glanced around. "Who-"

Firecracker growled excitedly and angrily. "The Frozens. I recognize Evergreen's voice, that pitiful excuse of a nicheling."

Moose smiled evilly. "Let's get them."

"But-" Fire Opal glanced around. "Where's Fire Ruby? And that beige one?"

"Fire Ruby can defend herself. Onion will be fine aswell." Moose explained.

"And Fox Heart! Where did she go?" Tiger's Eye raised herself upwards. The usual shine in her eyes were gone and filled with a demoralizingly haunting darkness.

"No time. Let's go." Moose responded.

20210613221335_1.thumb.jpg.db91812f370386c77542d06e83639e2b.jpg

The group travelled on. Arctic heard a snap behind them, and saw Fox Heart snapping the neck of a rogue.

"Close call."

Arctic's suspicion rose once more, but they didn't worry about it too much. They just worried of the journey ahead.

20210613221218_1.thumb.jpg.85312a5366fb913f1b884db63042dde0.jpg

Dragonfruit began to trek across the tundra, looking for the Burnings in the direction they left.

She stood on a stump and jumped on a rabbit like a hungry wolf. The first fresh food she had eaten in her entire life.

Blood froze on her snout from the frost. Dragonfruit wanted the blood to be drenched all over her fur; it felt like a cover to the snows.

And she knew exactly whose it would be.

20210613221526_1.thumb.jpg.ed4984f0578bec9e21b911baad342ae1.jpg

Tiger's Eye had lost every aspect of herself. The fury in her had finally broken free. All she wanted was to end the lives of those who wronged her. Those who didn't care.

And for a minute, she reflected on whether or not genocide was a good idea. And realized how much Salvador had suffered.

'You've left all behind for yourself.. all that's left is to live with your consequence.' was true, she finally realized it. Salvador had been practically useless in the Frozens, blending into the crowd. He didn't effect anyone when he decided to leave. Nobody cared about him, they would leave him in the dust during the first danger spotted.

Because of Evergreen, a more powerful and less merciful version of Tiger, she would have suffered the same fate as him. Forever in the shadow of those around her, the only escape being a new party as a whole.

But what would be the consequence? Salvador was useful here. He had finally found his.. calling.

And it made Tiger realize how she would find something she had been searching for her entire life;

Acceptance for who she really was. And that would be the key to happiness.

Horizon was destined to be a leader. She would be happier like that. It's her own calling.

Fox Heart enjoyed giving nichelings a goal; living up to their fates. Her own calling.

This Evergreen person had found her own as well; leadership.

Tiger never had found hers.

She thought back to what brought her happiness. And realized what she wanted to do.

Tiger prepared for something with such high risk yet such high reward;

She prepared to fake her own death.

OOOO nice plot twist! Maybe Tiger's eye can escape the fate of becoming a monster

• Eek! 3

Royals, Ramfoxes and Revenge

Short build-up post

20210618172000_1.thumb.jpg.e7d26a3c4c033ccdccdd13e17509895b.jpg

Evergreen grabbed Pomegranate, a now adult, and shoved him forwards with Laika. Mud couldn't dictate who she did and didn't save.

Evergreen hadn't been particularly fond of children. But she knew Laika always wanted them. And plus, it would be just like Parrot and Forest. The legacy lives on.

20210618172048_1.thumb.jpg.5068a1340d894095bb710866ec2a6a02.jpg

The group was shocked to see Horizon and Salvador on the front lines. And behind them-

oh no.

She had heard rumors of another poison-fanged nicheling wandering the territory of the Burnings, this one being a pacifist.

But her fate was right ahead of her, in those mercifully anger-filled eyes.

wait-

merciful?

20210618172209_1.thumb.jpg.9038912d05d95439ed37aca5524d902a.jpg

Onion and his party trekked onwards. But they had no idea they had been a little too late.

20210618172222_1.thumb.jpg.0b0be8da60acad16ae17ffbff895c3e6.jpg

Fire Opal and Bronze fought against a hoard of ramfoxes as Dodo started to come towards them, the balance bears in pursuit.

Three collisions.. but in all cases, only one comes out on top.

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1

Rebirth

20210618172513_1.thumb.jpg.3823ad204dd414647ed6016d9708c402.jpg

Onion and his group had reached the hotsprings.

Onion called out. "Fire Jade? We're back."

Oh. That's who was left here. That's why Onion was freaking out when the child got eaten by the bird.

Onion looked defeated when nobody responded.

Looks like it was too late anyways.

20210619151849_1.thumb.jpg.0f7c5012439613055103a277c3d3e574.jpg

Moose held off the balance bear as Fire Opal jumped back, making a nest for her child.

It looked like it would suffer the same fate that Fire Opal had given to Evergreen; it would never grow up with a father.

Karma had struck in the worst possible way.

20210618172354_1.thumb.jpg.2bb1d972e095bb5f3458bd4e5a7d6642.jpg

Tiger's Eye and Evergreen faced eachother.

Polar opposites, yet so similar; one excited, positive, and one planning, cautious.

Almost identical.

Evergreen realized how similar she and her sister were; same tail, same face and eyes, same claw and paw, almost the same color.

And for a second, Evergreen realized that Tiger's Eye was exactly.. her.

Hated Almond for being manipulated and forgotten. Hated having to be the center of everything, and just wanting to.. disappear.

Hated to do everything she had ever done because someone told her it was the correct thing to do.

Under the circumstances, Evergreen had been told by Laika and Almond that she needed to become the queen, at any cost. Laika told her to avenge her father and kill Emu and Firecracker while she distracted. Tiger's Eye had been told that she needed to join the Burnings, or her tribe will pay the price.

And for once in their lives, Evergreen and Tiger's Eye mutually realized something;

They were a replica of Truffle and Brownie.

Almost as if they were reborn.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

ay, they be like the jungle or grassland equivalent to brownie and truffle, with the single runner leg and smaller, poisonous fangs instead of huge knives like what T and B had 

• Paw up 2

On 6/19/2021 at 9:50 PM, Nightfire said:

Rebirth

20210618172513_1.thumb.jpg.3823ad204dd414647ed6016d9708c402.jpg

Onion and his group had reached the hotsprings.

Onion called out. "Fire Jade? We're back."

Oh. That's who was left here. That's why Onion was freaking out when the child got eaten by the bird.

Onion looked defeated when nobody responded.

Looks like it was too late anyways.

20210619151849_1.thumb.jpg.0f7c5012439613055103a277c3d3e574.jpg

Moose held off the balance bear as Fire Opal jumped back, making a nest for her child.

It looked like it would suffer the same fate that Fire Opal had given to Evergreen; it would never grow up with a father.

Karma had struck in the worst possible way.

20210618172354_1.thumb.jpg.2bb1d972e095bb5f3458bd4e5a7d6642.jpg

Tiger's Eye and Evergreen faced eachother.

Polar opposites, yet so similar; one excited, positive, and one planning, cautious.

Almost identical.

Evergreen realized how similar she and her sister were; same tail, same face and eyes, same claw and paw, almost the same color.

And for a second, Evergreen realized that Tiger's Eye was exactly.. her.

Hated Almond for being manipulated and forgotten. Hated having to be the center of everything, and just wanting to.. disappear.

Hated to do everything she had ever done because someone told her it was the correct thing to do.

Under the circumstances, Evergreen had been told by Laika and Almond that she needed to become the queen, at any cost. Laika told her to avenge her father and kill Emu and Firecracker while she distracted. Tiger's Eye had been told that she needed to join the Burnings, or her tribe will pay the price.

And for once in their lives, Evergreen and Tiger's Eye mutually realized something;

They were a replica of Truffle and Brownie.

Almost as if they were reborn.

Poor Evergreen. Never thought I'd feel bad for her, but if Laika and Almond forced/manipulated her to do anything... That's pretty sad. :(

Tiger's Eye is still probably my favorite character, meanwhile...

• Sad 1
  • Paw up 1

I wonder who would win, cuz EG has more attac powr while TE has more speed and stealth... it honestly depends all on how nightfire is seeing it in their head lol

• Paw up 1

10 hours ago, Speedyscout said:

Poor Evergreen. Never thought I'd feel bad for her, but if Laika and Almond forced/manipulated her to do anything... That's pretty sad. :(

Tiger's Eye is still probably my favorite character, meanwhile...

I think the best part of this playthrough is that each character's different perspectives. For example, having to see the actions and motives of Quartz gave a lot more depth to her actions rather than just ambition; she thought her family was too weak after Truffle's death and needed stronger nichelings to survive. Salvador's plot where he ended up leaving the Frozens to join the Burnings to be more useful was something major that would've had no effect if it weren't for his own perspective and motives instead of just selfishness, etc.

22 minutes ago, orinz said:

I wonder who would win, cuz EG has more attac powr while TE has more speed and stealth... it honestly depends all on how nightfire is seeing it in their head lol

I also really like the dynamic of Tiger's Eye and Evergreen having so many parallels. I love to write about them because of how different yet similar they are. Tiger's Eye, one of the most powerful nichelings, being a pacifist is a concept I think more stories should have; Evergreen behind pressured to replace her and avenge her family had caused her to lose herself and her own personality, which should generate hatred. Although now that they realize they're exactly the same, I think it'll be hard for either to fight each other without guilt.

The twist with Tiger's Eye realizing Almond abandoned her is the cherry on top. Evergreen had needed power her entire life, and finally had a chance to be peaceful; Tiger's Eye on the verge of insanity even though she's never wanted to hurt anyone.

But all I'm going to say is that the outcome of this confrontation is.. interesting, to say the least.

• Eek! 2

49 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

I think the best part of this playthrough is that each character's different perspectives. For example, having to see the actions and motives of Quartz gave a lot more depth to her actions rather than just ambition; she thought her family was too weak after Truffle's death and needed stronger nichelings to survive. Salvador's plot where he ended up leaving the Frozens to join the Burnings to be more useful was something major that would've had no effect if it weren't for his own perspective and motives instead of just selfishness, etc.

Yes, it's definitely the best part of this - and any playthrough that does that, in my opinion :)

49 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

But all I'm going to say is that the outcome of this confrontation is.. interesting, to say the least.

* eyes emoji *

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Flood from the Fire

This is going to be the first major development of Bronze, and only covering one skirmish between groups. I might update the others today depending on if I'm up to it.

20210620130319_1.thumb.jpg.1e954a528f565c6f3ad33a7228ca399e.jpg

Fire Opal had her final child with Moose, a bright-blue male who matched with the land under the light snows covering the tundra.

It was poetic, in a way; a few days from death, a once blazing fire lets out her last child; a pure blue male.

Polar opposites, yet still related.

A reminder of Blood Sky and Horizon; a brave, bold nicheling, daughter of a horrid traitor.

Fire Opal had always justified that murder as her one quest, the only thing she needed to do. But deep down, even she knew she was a horrible nicheling. She deserved this plate of karma.

But she remembered her training, and the words of one of her mentors very carefully;

"If you feel guilt for the nicheling you killed, you deserve to die with them."

Her final day was ticking down like an hourglass filled with the tears dropped from those mourning the enemies she'd killed.

She had won that fateful battle- but she had lost the war of morality.

20210620130333_1.thumb.jpg.1561a6beb6a9abdecf72b9af1d758010.jpg

She saw the bones of a wanderer and her mate, and everything was spinning.

She didn't have much time left; she was going to pay the price of cruel justice.

WHERE WAS FIRE RUBY.

Fire Opal realized with sickening anger that her sister had used her power to get protection; she didn't care one bit about Fire Opal or Moose.

She would've been a better assassin than I ever was.

Tick. Tock.

20210620130803_1.thumb.jpg.ba7d0ea3778e0ea0c7cde36ce096ea71.jpg

The balance bear's heavy footsteps came closer. Bronze grabbed the blue child and pulled him in, as Fire Opal looked in the direction of the enemy. Dodo, scowled and raced off.

Bronze: "Dodo- what-"

Dodo: "That's it, I'm done helping you useless maggots. You left me with Lichen when I was born. I'm leaving you with your jay bird to die. Tell Dad I hate him."

The boiling rage held up for so long would be enough to melt the entire mountain's snow.

Fire Opal stared after her second son, and wondered where she went wrong.

Fire Opal: "Tell Lichen that he failed you."

Even she knew that she was shoving back blame. But dangers come from the dark; and everything she had abandoned was coming to finish her.

Lichen, Dodo, Blood Sky, Tiger's Eye, Horizon, Onion.. everyone she had ever wronged was going to destroy her.

Tick. Tock. 

Tick. Tock.

20210620131101_1.thumb.jpg.b575fd3faa19bc9ff01bf6ebc69601c5.jpg

"Fire Opal- come o-"

"I'm fine."

"What..? No, come on, your son nee-"

"Bronze, take care of Jay."

Bronze flinched, but it seemed so distant now: "But what about the tribe? You need to pick a leader-"

"Horizon, good luck."

"WAIT-"

Fire Opal turned to the balance bear. Truffle flashbacks

"Moose, I'm coming up."

• Eek! 3

2 hours ago, orinz said:

wait so did  give a screenshot with the battle and the two of the fangs battling or no? im not sure cuz the first pic is not working

No, probably a glitch. This post is only covering what happened with Fire Opal, Dodo, Bronze, and now Jay.

Next post will cover either what Onion and Fire Ruby did or what Tiger's Eye and Evergreen did.

• Paw up 2

Onion's Organization

Impulsive midnight post because I'm a night goblin

20210620130109_1.thumb.jpg.125b5d8ae51a30bdd47f58fc2a9618ac.jpg

Onion was surprised to see the empty hotsprings. The rock he laid down  on Fire Jade's tail was toppled to the side of the hotsping, with a bit of dried blood and gray fur. How could a blue bird get her?

But he realized that, he had so much power, leading this group. Fire Ruby and Fox Heart both likely knew this was the case; Fox Heart could predict the future, Fire Ruby had helped Onion.

He whispered to the two of them:

"Why don't we make a new Empire? Moose and Fire Opal weren't good to me, or most of us. I have no idea how Horizon will lead the tribe. And we can even overpower these two if needed."

Fox Heart flicked her ear: "I foresee this will work out brilliantly."

Arctic could sense something was wrong. They turned to back out of the clearing, but Onion beckoned them back; Lichen and Arctic had realized their intentions.

"What do we name ourselves?" Asked Fire Ruby.

Lichen shuffled awkwardly.

"Something in relation to Onion? It was his idea, after all." Fox Heart remarked.

"Onion's Empire doesn't sound too grandiose." Fire Ruby explained.

"Onion's Organization sounds nice." Onion looked down at his claw, pleased.

20210620130529_1.thumb.jpg.bc9613575752ca9918b1c027e26d4fa0.jpg

(I don't remember if Fox Heart bred with Onion or Lichen sooo we'll learn soon enough I suppose)

Arctic went to run. They made it over the rabbit burrow and towards the mountain beak before Fire Opal grabbed them.

"Nobody is leaving." She said, calmly and edged with ice.

Fire Opal dragged them back to the hotsprings, and Onion readjusted the rock to sit on Arctic's hindleg. They yelped in pain, and struggled, although their strength faltered as the day ended.

I'm sorry, Mother, Father. I've failed you and your legacy. You took on balance bears, and I couldn't defeat another nicheling.

They stared out towards the sea, wondering how difficult it would be to swim across it with a few fruit.

And they wondered how to summon the courage to try.

• Sad 3