Stray Fawn Community

The Frozen Empire

Nightfire

Announcement

Because of how crazy every part of this playthrough has been, I'm going to probably be inactive in posting this for a week or two, to write out plot in advance. There's so many different things I want to get into (The Storm Alliance, Evergreen and Horizon, Ghost's dilemma, etc.) and it's hard to make a consistent and follow-able story when everything in it is spur-of-the-moment.

After I get plot sorted, I plan on doing posts every Saturday. Sorry about the wait and everything.

• Paw up 3

Good news! Script is fully written, it's several pages long and has brought back my motivation to write this series. Definitely will begin posts again on Saturday, thank you all for your patience!

And also, thank everyone for getting this playthrough to 9k views. That's just,,, insane. I don't even know if there are 9k active users on this forum, and that's such a big number for a small little playthrough of two siblings who show up to a snowy mountain.

• Eek! 2
  • Paw up 1

At Long Last

20211016200130_1.thumb.jpg.33fcbeb613e0e563b43108fa22e8c8ae.jpg

Ghost was curled in the nook of the mountaintops, his body warming his companions. Well, he thought they were, at least; Horizon seemed off, and two of them had attacked his family. He tried to assure himself that they had changed, but that was long ways off.

Horizon yawned, pointing her claw around tiredly. "Arctic, Koi, Alecto, Finch- go hunt, will you?" she sighed. "Ghost, you stay here. I need someone to keep me warm. It's getting colder by the day, I swear."

"Oh, uh, sure." Koi exchanged a worried glance with Ghost, and she jumped up.

Alecto began to lead the way, trotting down the mountain, her face pointed at the ground. It unnerved Ghost.

Arctic seemed as emotionless as ever, but there was a sliver of caution in their gaze. Finch seemed strangely happy, as if he was trying to be incredibly oblivious.

20211016200418_1.thumb.jpg.777651f6f03e3d284eb07ba71b7de658.jpg

"Bye." Ghost murmured, getting led away by Horizon.

"See you." Koi's tone sounded as if she was trying too hard to seem positive.

Arctic sniffed the air. "This way."

Ghost couldn't settle the terrible instinctive feeling in his stomach, as if a million rabbits were running loose inside.

But he prayed that everything would be okay.

20211016200946_1.thumb.jpg.5de9f9043b8c71ea5e4528f4f17d0be8.jpg

Snow began to cover the slopes of the mountain. Koi leaped down immediately, landing on a fatter hare. Upon looking back, she saw Arctic dropping the carcass of a recently slain rodent.

"Nice catches." Finch sniffed around. "Let's head further down the mountain."

Alecto nodded in agreement. Arctic stashed away their prize.

"Alright!" Koi felt a burst of calm, as if she finally felt that nothing would go wrong. 

And for once in her life, she felt the skies coming closer, as if everything she'd wanted had finally come into her reach.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

Orders

(Sorry for smaller post, I forgot to take screenshots of most things)

20211016200855_1.thumb.jpg.ec9628aebd5d264433c8860f0869cfc5.jpg

Fox Heart was looking across the snowy tundra, watching as the white speckles began to transform into puddles of cold. She exhaled, seeing her breath on the wind. She heard someone clear their throat, and turned.

"Fox Heart, is it?" A bright group of orange, blue, purple, pink and gray were watching her with bitter eyes.

"What do you want?" Fox Heart didn't try to hide her weakness; the blizzards had chipped at her health horribly so, and age was weighing her down. But I'll just be back later.

"Wow, your name is very fitting." The pink nicheling's eyes were slits.

"I'm aware." Fox Heart stared back at the pink nicheling with a calm glare, refusing to flinch.

"Let's cut to the chase." The gray nicheling snarled. "You killed my family. My brothers, Soil and Dirt, were so young. And now they're gone." Fox Heart was amused at his effort to keep his voice from wavering.

Fox Heart shrugged. "Orders."

"Orders? From who?" The gray nicheling's fur was puffed, and he stalked towards Fox Heart. Fox Heart let out a small smile, pushing him over the edge a bit more.

"Horizon, obviously. Who else would I let tell me stuff?" Fox Heart's tone was edged with ice, but truthfully, if these nichelings wanted to kill her, they should hurry up with it, so she could come back again.

The blue nicheling looked stunned, before shaking his head. "Horizon? Sister of Evergreen and Tiger's Eye? Absolutely not. Stop blaming her." Fox Heart chuckled. Horizon, you've really got everyone fooled.

"Don't be so trusting." Fox Heart's eyes flashed the fiery crown from her visions of the future. "Horizon's not all that good if you weren't looking through rose lenses."

"At least think of a better excuse." The orange nicheling now spoke up. "You're going to die either way."

Horizon flicked an ear. The orange nicheling leaped at her, knocking Fox Heart off the stump. Fox Heart sliced into his mane, careful to avoid slicing his toxic body. The nicheling yowled. Fox Heart flung him away.

Fox Heart prepared to leap into the orange nicheling, and slice his neck while carefully avoiding the poison that would leak out. But her eyes flashed again, and she saw that she couldn't let this nicheling die, if the Empires were to live.

If her daughter were to live.

Fox Heart didn't move, waiting for the orange nicheling to get back up. Koi, you've done great in your life. I would really be horrible if I were to erase that all..

Fox Heart closed her eyes. Death was familiar at this point. You'll be one of the ones I remember, Koi.

Carry on, my beloved daughter.

20211016201012_1.thumb.jpg.6c85a93611cca29ff39047063d07832e.jpg

Koi's eyes sprung open.

Something bad was about to happen. Every time something good was happening, a bad thing ruined it. She couldn't give up now. First her entire birth. Then the Outsiders visit. And now, here.

Finch had leaped up behind Koi. His eyes were hidden, but he seemed numbed at this point. "Sorry, you two. Orders."

Koi was right.

She gripped onto Finch's wing, slicing into its feathers, but the larger nicheling was stronger, and easily sliced Koi down. Koi heard the cries of Arctic, and looked over quickly to see Alecto jumping down as well. She tried to block the nicheling's blows, but they came faster and stronger, seemingly each time.

Suddenly, claws cut across her eyes. Pain shot through every inch of Koi's body, and she screeched, before the white snows went black, and Koi's world was flipped.

Am I going to die?

No, I can't.

Koi, wake up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Orders

(Sorry for smaller post, I forgot to take screenshots of most things)

20211016200855_1.thumb.jpg.ec9628aebd5d264433c8860f0869cfc5.jpg

Fox Heart was looking across the snowy tundra, watching as the white speckles began to transform into puddles of cold. She exhaled, seeing her breath on the wind. She heard someone clear their throat, and turned.

"Fox Heart, is it?" A bright group of orange, blue, purple, pink and gray were watching her with bitter eyes.

"What do you want?" Fox Heart didn't try to hide her weakness; the blizzards had chipped at her health horribly so, and age was weighing her down. But I'll just be back later.

"Wow, your name is very fitting." The pink nicheling's eyes were slits.

"I'm aware." Fox Heart stared back at the pink nicheling with a calm glare, refusing to flinch.

"Let's cut to the chase." The gray nicheling snarled. "You killed my family. My brothers, Soil and Dirt, were so young. And now they're gone." Fox Heart was amused at his effort to keep his voice from wavering.

Fox Heart shrugged. "Orders."

"Orders? From who?" The gray nicheling's fur was puffed, and he stalked towards Fox Heart. Fox Heart let out a small smile, pushing him over the edge a bit more.

"Horizon, obviously. Who else would I let tell me stuff?" Fox Heart's tone was edged with ice, but truthfully, if these nichelings wanted to kill her, they should hurry up with it, so she could come back again.

The blue nicheling looked stunned, before shaking his head. "Horizon? Sister of Evergreen and Tiger's Eye? Absolutely not. Stop blaming her." Fox Heart chuckled. Horizon, you've really got everyone fooled.

"Don't be so trusting." Fox Heart's eyes flashed the fiery crown from her visions of the future. "Horizon's not all that good if you weren't looking through rose lenses."

"At least think of a better excuse." The orange nicheling now spoke up. "You're going to die either way."

Horizon flicked an ear. The orange nicheling leaped at her, knocking Fox Heart off the stump. Fox Heart sliced into his mane, careful to avoid slicing his toxic body. The nicheling yowled. Fox Heart flung him away.

Fox Heart prepared to leap into the orange nicheling, and slice his neck while carefully avoiding the poison that would leak out. But her eyes flashed again, and she saw that she couldn't let this nicheling die, if the Empires were to live.

If her daughter were to live.

Fox Heart didn't move, waiting for the orange nicheling to get back up. Koi, you've done great in your life. I would really be horrible if I were to erase that all..

Fox Heart closed her eyes. Death was familiar at this point. You'll be one of the ones I remember, Koi.

Carry on, my beloved daughter.

20211016201012_1.thumb.jpg.6c85a93611cca29ff39047063d07832e.jpg

Koi's eyes sprung open.

Something bad was about to happen. Every time something good was happening, a bad thing ruined it. She couldn't give up now. First her entire birth. Then the Outsiders visit. And now, here.

Finch had leaped up behind Koi. His eyes were hidden, but he seemed numbed at this point. "Sorry, you two. Orders."

Koi was right.

She gripped onto Finch's wing, slicing into its feathers, but the larger nicheling was stronger, and easily sliced Koi down. Koi heard the cries of Arctic, and looked over quickly to see Alecto jumping down as well. She tried to block the nicheling's blows, but they came faster and stronger, seemingly each time.

Suddenly, claws cut across her eyes. Pain shot through every inch of Koi's body, and she screeched, before the white snows went black, and Koi's world was flipped.

Am I going to die?

No, I can't.

Koi, wake up.

Who ordered Finch to do this? Horizon? Or was it the rebel group? Is Koi dead?

Also yes of course Horizon was the one who ordered Fox Heart to do what she did. 

• Eek! 1

this can go won way, or dis can go the twist way >:) (meaning that since foxheart is dead, she could posses her daughter and help her out [btw does foxheart have any powers?])

• Eek! 1

7 hours ago, orinz said:

this can go won way, or dis can go the twist way >:) (meaning that since foxheart is dead, she could posses her daughter and help her out [btw does foxheart have any powers?])

she could predict the future due to pretty much being a ghost, but that's about it. I haven't really decided if she can possess bodies, more so that she can be reborn into tribes at will.

• Paw up 1

21 hours ago, orinz said:

chiyanna has changed their profile... to a deer! woe is the day of that yellow nicheling giving likes to everyone who is new to this platform

(Yes I have. There is a war going on between the deer and the deltaruners. I have chosen the deer side)

Frostbitten

WAKE UP!

Koi, wake up. They need you.

Whose there-

Koi jumped back instinctively as Finch lashed out again. She was surprised that it had worked, a jolt of fear reviving her, and whatever had been talking to her. But then the pain streaked through her bones again, and she gritted her teeth. The eerie blackness of the world was still shrouded around her. It was unnerving, fighting in pure darkness.

Finch yelped, and then his voice became distant. Koi didn't hear anything, although Arctic's scent became stronger and the screeches of Alecto hurt her head. Suddenly, Arctic's scent became covered in the stronger tang of blood, and some sort of liquid hit Koi's face. It smelled like blood.

Leaping up, Koi turned to run, but she hit several rocks behind her. She shoved them, trying to move them, when jaws grabbed her scruff and flung her onto the bare mountain. The surprise of the attack made the hit stronger than it already was, and Koi fell back into unconsciousness.

20211106085535_1.thumb.jpg.e56791e09fc8cfac8cdcce56ca25cb78.jpg

Alecto felt a bit more hurt by her own feelings than the injuries Arctic had hit her with.

Koi had always been a kind and bright nicheling, risking herself for others. Alecto had always gone against her, because, well, orders, but in reality, she was quite fond of the red-white nicheling. Now, Koi's face was covered in blood, and Finch had put a nasty scar over her eyes. From Finch's expression, it was clear he was trying to hide how bad he felt.

But Alecto also stung from another betrayal and order.. killing Arctic.

They had always been a nicheling Alecto looked up to. Alecto always challenged herself and told herself that she wanted to be stronger than the powerful, smart nicheling. While cold, Arctic had been kind enough to Alecto, and whenever she asked, would teach Alecto things.

Alecto even thought that Arctic was more fond of Alecto than they ever let on. Maybe more than any other nicheling. Almost like Arctic thought of her as a child.

And now that Alecto surpassed Arctic, they felt a sting of regret, the tang of pride, and the pure numbness that hit her. She'd wanted to be stronger than Arctic and make Arctic proud of her. But not in this way..

Arctic, forgive me.

Alecto's head began ringing and her breath quickened.

Ẉ̴̄h̵̙̆ȃ̶̞t̸̮̃ ̷̊͜i̴̠͐f̷̼̈ ̷̧̈́t̷̰͐h̷̟̿ė̴̮ỵ̵̔ ̶̹̃d̷̡̍o̸̞̊ṇ̶͛'̵̨́t̸͚͆

Shadows crept closer in at the edges of her vision.

W̸̢͝H̶̖̔Ạ̶̗̲͉̖̟͌̑̄̃͗̚T̷̠̤̝̟͎̮͐͗ ̸̛̬̠̤̈̓̅͐͝H̴̲̖̀͌͒̔̉̈́Ȁ̶͕͇̼̞̓̾͠Ṿ̵̢͔̥̒͐́̄͆͠E̶͇̹̥̝̻̋͗̑ ̸̩̟̖̬͎͗I̷̦̼̥̭̾̔̋ͅ ̵͕͉̝͙̱̈̍̽̃̚D̴̥̞̘̹͍̥͛͂̋̂̈́̚Ơ̶̭̹͖͑̿͒́̑Ṋ̵͕̑̓̚͜Ê̶̟̮̲͗͐̏̊̔͜

"Let's leave Koi here." Finch broke into Alecto's thoughts.

"Hmm-?" Alecto blinked, the panic-caused darkness and strange ringing that had been creeping in at her vanished.

"Let's leave Koi in the hotsprings." Finch repeated.

"Oh- uh, sure." Alecto tenderly grabbed the Red-white nicheling, avoiding looking at anyone in particular. The blood on Koi's fur saturated the snow, turning it scarlet.

20211106085611_1.thumb.jpg.06901eb352610710f3b78544c4a99ac5.jpg

(Ignore the snow color, visual glitch)

After setting Koi's unconscious body into the hotsprings, Alecto grabbed a rabbit, killing it instantly, and dropping its body down near the hotsprings. Finch nodded at Alecto, very clearly avoiding eye contact as well.

Alecto couldn't bring herself to look backwards at the disaster she caused. No matter how strong I get, I am still the same coward I was before. She leaped across the snows hastily. I'm so sorry, both of you.

Horizon, you are a real monster.

• Sad 3