Stray Fawn Community

The Frozen Empire

Nightfire

family is coming over today so no post (sorry for lack of posts)

also ever since I logged onto the forums on the new pc I can't log into the forums on my old laptop. The new pc can't really run niche so to make a post I have to do the game on the laptop and then send them to the pc, it's a long process. It keeps displaying the 'you can log in at 14 minutes your account has been locked' security screen and won't work after the wait time.. anyone got a solution to it? I don't want to log out of the account on the pc until I know I won't just lose my account to the security message.

18 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

family is coming over today so no post, might post tomorrow (sorry for lack of posts)

also ever since I logged onto the forums on the new pc I can't log into the forums on my old laptop. The new pc can't really run niche so to make a post I have to do the game on the laptop and then send them to the pc, it's a long process. It keeps displaying the 'you can log in at 14 minutes your account has been locked' security screen and won't work after the wait time.. anyone got a solution to it? I don't want to log out of the account on the pc until I know I won't just lose my account to the security message.

Probs because u can’t run ur account on two computers/laptops. But you should ask phlio first. 

• Paw up 1

9 hours ago, Nightfire said:

family is coming over today so no post, might post tomorrow (sorry for lack of posts)

9 hours ago, Bear - TheyThem said:

Probs because u can’t run ur account on two computers/laptops. But you should ask phlio first. 

@Philo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shards of the Past

WELL its been a while since ive actually done a story post on here, and funnily enough I ended right before an important event and finale of something so let's have a quick recap before the suffering (at least from where my notes started and I actually planned events)

Horizon is going a bit mad and Ghost has started to notice. Alecto and Finch attack Koi and Arctic. Koi is blinded and left in a hotsprings, Arctic is dead. Fox Heart is also killed by the remaining Outsiders.

Alecto and Finch lie about an attack, but Ghost is doubtful and goes to investigate. Turns out, Koi has joined a group of outsiders called the Storm Alliance, who all know about Horizon's secrets. Ghost finds out about Alecto and Finch's attack and brings a bunch of the Storms to help defeat Horizon, and that's where the story left off at an important climax.

So lets see whats happening today >:)))

20220109085833_1.thumb.jpg.9c853074493f692f5b415a374a1cb974.jpg

"Ghost? Koi?" Horizon stepped forwards. Her face was hidden in a fake relief. "You're alive! And with these- Others- do they want to join us?"

"You know why we're here!" Bloom snapped, gesturing to Koi's face. It wasn't a bright happy or a cheerful bliss, it was an unnerving emptiness, scarred and frozen in foggy, unseeing change. "You and your silly little helpers tried to kill Koi, and actually killed Arctic!"

Evergreen looked at Horizon, with a slightly surprised but angry face. Horizon didn't see Evergreen, and let out a gasp. "I would never! I was right here this entire time!"

Ghost snorted. "Yeah right. Did you hear a single thing Bloom said? You had your disciples attack them, idiot."

Horizon looked around for Alecto and Finch, but neither was around. "I'll have them punished. They don't work for me anymore."

Bloom had a 'yeah right' expression, but then Horizon was picked up by the twisted horn from behind. Warm water splattered the rocky peak as Ghost watched an ancient hero and villain emerge from smoke.

20220109090140_1.thumb.jpg.f11b566821554ca347510838880149f2.jpg

"You did what to Koi and Arctic?" Evergreen snarled. Horizon had fear flash in her eyes.

"I didn't do a thing!" Horizon held her paws up.

Evergreen dropped Horizon, and immediately pinned her throat with her claw. "How many times do you fight without necessity? You're not a ruler, Horizon. You push others away, a ruler would attract and make someone thrive. You throw them to the wind to die. First Tiger's Eye. Then Fox Heart and the Outsiders. Now Arctic and Koi. When will you ever learn?"

Horizon's eyes shut, but Evergreen seemed emotionless. She stepped forwards, until Horizon was completely under her. Evergreen's mouth hinged like a snake, to spray a horrid ruler like from long ago. But then, Horizon spoke up.

"Would Tiger's Eye do this?" Horizon cried out. Evergreen's eyes faded into glimpses of warmth, lost to the frigid land of the mountain. "Would Koi or Arctic have done this? Would the Outsiders? Evergreen, don't you think they would choose mercy? To let me run from here? To let me die somewhere far away where my memories would haunt no one?"

Koi muttered something under her breath, but Evergreen was still hesitating. Her mouth shut a little. She stared off. Ghost went to step forwards, but neither noticed.

Horizon continued. "Think about it! Killing me would defeat the point of everything you've done! You killed rulers before, what would change now? Tiger's Eye would become nothing if you still were a killer. Or allowed killing, or fought. You both agreed to never fight again after we defeated Onion, right?"

Evergreen's claws ever so slowly pulled in, just a little.

But the warm, bright and innocent eyes on Horizon faded in an instant.

20220109090422_1.thumb.jpg.6674d30fb09400b849e742facfec933e.jpg

Two pale horns struck through Evergreen's chest in an instant, and red ooze escaped the wound. Bloom gasped and stepped back. Koi flinched. Ghost couldn't tear his eyes away. Black liquid dripped from Evergreen's mouth, mixed with deep red, and some dripped onto Horizon's horn. It began to melt, smoking a single fire on the mountain.

Horizon's gaze turned to the Storms, and a new expression crossed her face as Evergreen simmered into a lump of bones.

"Mercy is granted by the fool, and death is granted by the smart." Horizon took a step forwards as the party stepped back. Ghost felt like he was going to pass out. Koi gagged at darkness. Bloom cried. "Get out of my mountain, or death will be yours, too!"

Ghost didn't remember anything else, but the distant sound of paws and racing down a mountain as he remembered the stories of Evergreen, as that was all that was left from the  broken shards of the Frozen Empire.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thrown in the Dust

20220129124209_1.thumb.jpg.eac8dd99118b3b38a96e433a45cd0850.jpg

Horizon frowned, her tail flicking briefly as she watched the Outsiders leave. She'd trusted Finch and Alecto to carry out her orders, at one point King, Arctic and Fox Heart as well, but it seems she couldn't trust any of them to do their jobs properly.

Perhaps it was time for a restart.

"King! Alecto! Finch!" She'd call, a small smirk growing on her face. She kicked Evergreen's bones away; didn't such a smart and wise creature see that Horizon had been lying? Horizon leaped onto her stump as the tree gathered. King looked back at his family, Finch staring at Horizon expectantly, and Alecto looking at her paws and at the bone pile.

This reminded Horizon of her relations with the three, and she was briefly pulled into her thoughts. King had always been a family nicheling, a pacifist, and generally didn't want trouble. He was easy to shove, and Horizon wanted to make him stronger. But he'd never changed. Finch had been found shortly after defeating the Organization, and Horizon had instantly seen the potential in him. The child had helped her as long as she remembered.. although it seemed he had been too weak to do it properly. Alecto had helped Horizon to make up for Fearless' work. The thing had been so used.. it would've been great to help make her stronger and more able with Horizon's help! But she had never changed, either. She was simply too emotional, too bendable, and too unable for her services.

Horizon sighed, pulling back into the present. "Recently, it has come to my attention that you three are.. no help to the Empire. And those that aren't helpful.. aren't needed."

King stared at his mate, Bumble. Snow crunched, and murmurs spread throughout the clearing. "And as such, I believe it would be in the interests of the Empire too.. dispose of you three."

Finch looked like he was going to tear up. So weak. Alecto was shocked, taking steps backwards. If only Horizon could take that claw of hers and actually put it to use. "And as such. You are hereby banished. You have a day to leave the territory, and then I give everyone full permission to attack you. Get out of my sights."

20220129124444_1.thumb.jpg.9cb223474e65973a1de8f82820944a52.jpg

Horizon's ear flicked as a cry rang behind her. Sighing, she turned to see Bumble, expecting a new child, and Alloy. Hidden Sand (yellow/dark red female) swept her tail around Jasper (red/black teen) and.. Horizon hadn't gotten the little one's name yet. Jasper was clutching her, their eyes watching Horizon pleadingly. Such a weak bloodline.

"You can't throw out King! He's having another child!" Bumble begged. "Don't do this! We'll leave with him, my entire family!" Alloy nodded loyally, but she looked angrier than pitiful. The type of soldier Horizon needed.

It was quite a shame she was on the wrong side of history.

"Ember. Onyx. Keep an eye on those ones." Horizon ordered. The two obliged without question. The ideal citizens that Horizon trusted.

The searching and shocked eyes of all the family made Horizon wonder if what she was doing was right. A slight bit of remorse with Tiger's Eye and Evergreen and everyone she'd hurt flashed in her head, but it vanished almost instantly.

This is who she was now, her true self.

And if that meant that she was a villain, so be it.

• Sad 2

Lost in the Storm

20220205114352_1.thumb.jpg.c70962b45ec5d4b56c8247022f4adf8f.jpg

Ghost's head hung as the group returned to the Storm Alliance camp. A cold breeze sparked the mountain like a reminder of the battle's failure. Ghost remembered Evergreen when he first came to the Empire in search of Horizon. Evergreen was nice, intimidating but soft. It also reminded Ghost of Horizon, back before she went bad. Before she went insane. Before she had fully become the queen. Before..

"Horizon killed Evergreen." Bloom said sadly. A gasp ran across the group, and Ghost couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"Why would she do that? Evergreen was the only reason.. Horizon.. rose to power." Lilac questioned. She shook her head as if she had tasted moldy rabbit. "I don't even want to say her name anymore."

"Evergreen was going to kill her." Koi said simply, her tongue edged with anger. "Evergreen came to her senses and finally was able to bring herself to finish off Horizon. But Horizon tricked her into hesitating."

"Evergreen? Tricked?" Orange muttered.

"Yes. Horizon spoke of Tiger's Eye and what she would and wouldn't do." Harrier explained. "Evergreen stopped for a second, but a second is all a snake needs to strike."

The group broke into talks and whispers, but Ghost heard nothing but the ringing sound of a horn breaking into a heart, and the smell of melting horns and dead bodies.

But then a scream broke his thoughts.

20220205115241_1.thumb.jpg.c01aeeb7a0d5e21cbdb210cc180548f1.jpg

"Where's Whitewash? He's disappeared!" Crystal cried. The Storms froze.

Someone, or something, was beginning to steal the Storms. And Ghost had a large suspicion he knew who.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Memory

20220213113123_1.thumb.jpg.3d7834024b17783080eced9d61276faa.jpg

The Alliance spread out, searching for anything that could help them find Whitewash. Unfortunately, Whitewash was the same color as the snow, making it impossible to find fur or see him against the mountain.

Arrow sniffed around. Orange yelled. Harrier gazed sadly out into the tundra. Ghost felt like nothing, barely able to lift his paws up to call out again and again.

He wondered how anything would go well. How the Alliance would survive. How the mountain would survive.

How he could defeat Horizon.

20220213113439_1.thumb.jpg.73d957929113799a5254ec366af53142.jpg

Plum flicked her ear as she heard someone in the snow. Onyx looked over angrily, and Fire Ruby yawned. Plum leaped onto the stump, but was surprised on who and what she saw.

A nicheling she didn't recognize was dragging along a bleeding, white nicheling, who was unconscious.

Horizon called over something, but Plum felt as though she didn't recognize that voice.

Was it really Horizon anymore?

The mysterious nicheling's eyes blazed like flames. A sight Plum hadn't seen in a long time; the camp was dull and dead nowadays. This traveler looked different. Looked determined, looked familiar. Looked like someone Plum knew very well, a long time ago.

Someone who saved her life.

Someone who was gone now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:40 PM, Nightfire said:

20220124195517_1.thumb.jpg.c1357574418314795fceaf000ac1cb71.jpg20220202233837_1.thumb.jpg.6c2d47175feb168452254171a3c3daa2.jpg

another save file of mine is cursed to have twins literally every generation. just wanted to share

is that really a curse tho?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Nightfire said:

Memory

20220213113123_1.thumb.jpg.3d7834024b17783080eced9d61276faa.jpg

How he could defeat Horizon.

20220213113439_1.thumb.jpg.73d957929113799a5254ec366af53142.jpg

Was it really Horizon anymore?

hOrIzOn ZeRo DaWn, HoRiZoN fOrRbIdEn WeSt

• 1 month later...