Stray Fawn Community

The Frozen Empire

Nightfire

5 minutes ago, Novais said:

What plans do you have? Will the tribe the playthrough is named after survive? Will firecracker get fearless and carrion and make a break for it?

Currently, planning to do something with Firecracker making a rebel group against Evergreen. Evergreen herself has met up with Fearless, Carrion and the Slasher followers claiming that Parrot, Emu and Firecracker went after them but vanished or something manipulative like that. Arctic is going to have their own character arc involving Horizon, Tiger's Eye, Salvador and Fox Heart soon, Onion is gonna plot another attack That I hopefully won't put off for like 4 weeks and all in all, utter chaos is going to go down. The thing I love to write about the most!

• Eek! 2

On 5/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, Nightfire said:

Sadly, going to migrate to a new home soon and packing profusely, so no post today.

Also, 4k views! Thank you all!

(wow, we're in the same boat! Having to move as well which is why I haven't been very active lately. Got a bit of time tonight and recorded an episode for one of my playthroughs, I hope I have time to post it tomorrow. Moving is tough, especially right now

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, Novais said:

Do you use the mutation menu? Because I'd love emu's last child to be sabre fanged, and can like, firecracker adopt fire jade? I want her to have a chance

So far, have only used mutations for Almond (poison fangs) and maybe Thornbush (saber fangs)

Fire Jade has also grown into a teen as of right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(wow, we're in the same boat! Having to move as well which is why I haven't been very active lately. Got a bit of time tonight and recorded an episode for one of my playthroughs, I hope I have time to post it tomorrow. Moving is tough, especially right now

moving is very difficult, including when a speedy little cat is constantly trying to escape.. stares aggressively at vicious miniature tiger hybrid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

moving is very difficult, including when a speedy little cat is constantly trying to escape.. stares aggressively at vicious miniature tiger hybrid

(Is your cat actually a crossbreed with a wild cat whatever those are called? Or just a striped cat who desperately wants to go outside all the time like one of ours?)

• Eek! 1

21 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(Is your cat actually a crossbreed with a wild cat whatever those are called? Or just a striped cat who desperately wants to go outside all the time like one of ours?)

We don't actually know what breed she is, but I assume mixed between a gray striped cat species and Bengal/Ocicat because she's absolutely insane or cuddly and adorable, no inbetween

• Paw up 1

12 hours ago, Nightfire said:

We don't actually know what breed she is, but I assume mixed between a gray striped cat species and Bengal/Ocicat because she's absolutely insane or cuddly and adorable, no inbetween

man, if only things were like niche and u could just pop up the family tree

• Haha 3

The Psychic

Fox Heart lore go brr

20210530005648_1.thumb.jpg.12a0c7c59c3ccaf8e0753251fc40b2d3.jpg

Evergreen walked from the crime scene, watching snow pile onto the bones of those she'd killed. She was a monster, and she knew it.

But if she was already a monster, why stop now?

Preparing her lies, she went into the snows and found the others. Little did Fearless know, right in front of them, was their father's murderer.

20210530005719_1.thumb.jpg.bdde63ba8dca48f2a3b41979fad61897.jpg

While returning to the camp, Fearless was so excited to meet their sister, they jumped into the snow as it flew up all over Laika and Mud. The two prisoners were unfazed; Laika was looking at Evergreen smugly, who returned the gaze. A chill went up Carrion's spine; what were they thinking?

20210530005809_1.thumb.jpg.ba97511a6f41e653eb5244dea2021490.jpg

Meanwhile, Fox Heart pulled Tiger's Eye, Salvador and Horizon aside.

Fox: "I have something to tell you all."

Tiger's Eye was concerned for the young nicheling: "What is it?"

Fox: "I have the ability to foretell the future."

Salvador stared at Fox Heart for a long moment: "..You do..?"

Fox nodded, grinning. Her eyes shone like two stars against the snowy hills. It was almost haunting: "Somewhere on this mountain, 2 nichelings have recently died." She looked up. "They're up there now."

Tiger's Eye and Salvador shared a glance. Horizon raised an eyebrow.

Fox's eyes shifted to a blazing inferno: "And somewhere else, a child as fierce as fire has been born." A hotsprings with a rock and a gray child appeared in her gaze: "Nearby, a gray nicheling with a bruised tail is preparing her vengeance."

Tiger's Eye thought for a moment. Who had she seen with a bruised tail? And gray?

Whoever she was, she was quite forgettable.

And a child as fierce as fire.. was it a Burnings nicheling? Nobody had been born recently.

Unless I've forgotten them.

Horizon broke the silence with a skeptical tone: "We should tell Moose and Fire Opal becau-"

Fox, interrupting: "Because they've seen Fire Ruby's healing and anti-aging ability? And they're saying you're sacred, because of your horns, so you trust them?"

She can foretell the future. And the past, it seems.

Horizon was at a loss for words, almost as if someone had just told her she had been kidnapped by the Burnings for her horns.

Salvador: "Y-You're right.. we need to tell Moose and Fire Opal."

Fox: "I can foretell that this will go nicely.."

There was something haunting in her tone, but Tiger's Eye shrugged it off. Fox Heart had always been somewhat ominous.

20210530010243_1.thumb.jpg.df8ac5482d2c2a32a08fc62623be82df.jpg

The group went back to the rest of the tribe. Tiger's Eye hesitated.

There was something.. terrifying.. about knowing her future.

Hearing something that I'm going to do that I can't change.. it must be crushing.

But she was also curious. What if her future was nice? After all, fate is fate. No matter what Fox Heart says, it will happen. She can't be stopped until she knows her destiny has been fulfilled.

It made her feel powerful, something she was new to feeling. Even though she was the only venomous nicheling on the entire mountain, she had never felt powerful with her abilities before. Rather scared of them. And it made her feel pulled to knowing her path.

She followed Fox Heart, preparing to know her fate. There was no looking back now.

20210530010332_1.thumb.jpg.35944057d86b1501152fe90ff447b5fa.jpg

Fearless ran up to their almost-identical sister, Rowan. The pair had only three differences; age, snout and claws. But neither seemed to care.

Fearless: "Where's my other sibling? I thought there were three of us, since Mother began expecting another child after you."

Rowan raised an eyebrow: "She went off to Emu and Evergreen.."

All eyes turned to Evergreen, who put on a fake concerned face over her true satisfaction. Her mind played the scene of Firecracker crashing into icy waves as steam from her heat body wove into the clouds above. It felt wrong, but so amazing.

Nobody can stop me, but you. She stared at Fearless, her haunting ambition overshadowed by shock: "Emu and Firecracker went after you and Carrion. Firecracker didn't want another child until she knew the threat had been contained."

Fearless felt a piece of herself die.

Mother is missing.. and it's all my fault.

I wanted to capture the prisoners to prove myself strong.. but I ended up getting Mother and Father lost in the storm.

They dropped their gaze to their paws: "We'll have to search for them when the storm ends. Mother should be fine, she has a heat body, and Father can protect her."

Suddenly, Hurricane piped up: "What about Parrot?"

Evergreen stared at Hurricane with sad eyes: "He went with them. I thought he told you."

Hurricane looked as if Evergreen had just told her she was going to kill Pomegranate by drowning him in snow.

Fearless found it a bit suspicious that Evergreen had changed her story, but shrugged it off as just another detail she had just been asked.

Tail curled tightly around Pomegranate, Hurricane stared up into the clouds.

Parrot, please stay safe and survive the storm. Your son needs you.

20210530010433_1.thumb.jpg.b2c482f5fd8ad6099951741f0cbae6b3.jpg

After explaining Fox Heart's abilities, all the nichelings gathered around to hear about their futures. Arctic watched with suspicion, but Tiger's Eye wanted to go after her siblings.

Fox: "Salvador." She stared at him, her eyes the color of a melting iceberg, "You've left all behind for yourself.. all that's left is to live with your consequence."

Salvador stared at her emotions beyond words. Tiger's Eye wondered what that meant.

Melting Ice.. the Frozens?

He left the Frozens for his own gain? Why? And what gain?

Tiger's Eye barely had time to wonder what it meant when Fox Heart turned to Horizon.

Horizon lifted her head as Fox spoke, her eyes shifting to a fiery crown: "Horizon, you are destined to become the great leader of the Burnings. Your horns grant you the power of the Blood Constellations from above.. Use it wisely, and you will rule over this Empire."

Tiger's Eye knew what the Constellations were; when Empire citizens die, they join their Empire's Constellation. Ever star on the speckled sky was another Island's Constellation residents. From here, she couldn't tell which of those stars were Quartz, Blood Sky or Brownie.

"And you." Tiger's Eye looked at Fox Heart with a frightened yet curious gaze. Fox Heart looked hypnotic, as if she was searching Tiger's Eye through her own eyes. It made chills go down her spine.

A black, liquid skull appeared in Fox Heart's eyes.

"You will bring death to this island, one nicheling at a time."

And Tiger's Eye knew she couldn't stop it.. nothing could.

I'm a monster, and I always have been for my venom..

It's too late to stop now.

• Sad 2
  • Paw up 1

9 hours ago, Nightfire said:

The Psychic

Fox Heart lore go brr

20210530005648_1.thumb.jpg.12a0c7c59c3ccaf8e0753251fc40b2d3.jpg

Evergreen walked from the crime scene, watching snow pile onto the bones of those she'd killed. She was a monster, and she knew it.

But if she was already a monster, why stop now?

Preparing her lies, she went into the snows and found the others. Little did Fearless know, right in front of them, was their father's murderer.

20210530005719_1.thumb.jpg.bdde63ba8dca48f2a3b41979fad61897.jpg

While returning to the camp, Fearless was so excited to meet their sister, they jumped into the snow as it flew up all over Laika and Mud. The two prisoners were unfazed; Laika was looking at Evergreen smugly, who returned the gaze. A chill went up Carrion's spine; what were they thinking?

20210530005809_1.thumb.jpg.ba97511a6f41e653eb5244dea2021490.jpg

Meanwhile, Fox Heart pulled Tiger's Eye, Salvador and Horizon aside.

Fox: "I have something to tell you all."

Tiger's Eye was concerned for the young nicheling: "What is it?"

Fox: "I have the ability to foretell the future."

Salvador stared at Fox Heart for a long moment: "..You do..?"

Fox nodded, grinning. Her eyes shone like two stars against the snowy hills. It was almost haunting: "Somewhere on this mountain, 2 nichelings have recently died." She looked up. "They're up there now."

Tiger's Eye and Salvador shared a glance. Horizon raised an eyebrow.

Fox's eyes shifted to a blazing inferno: "And somewhere else, a child as fierce as fire has been born." A hotsprings with a rock and a gray child appeared in her gaze: "Nearby, a gray nicheling with a bruised tail is preparing her vengeance."

Tiger's Eye thought for a moment. Who had she seen with a bruised tail? And gray?

Whoever she was, she was quite forgettable.

And a child as fierce as fire.. was it a Burnings nicheling? Nobody had been born recently.

Unless I've forgotten them.

Horizon broke the silence with a skeptical tone: "We should tell Moose and Fire Opal becau-"

Fox, interrupting: "Because they've seen Fire Ruby's healing and anti-aging ability? And they're saying you're sacred, because of your horns, so you trust them?"

She can foretell the future. And the past, it seems.

Horizon was at a loss for words, almost as if someone had just told her she had been kidnapped by the Burnings for her horns.

Salvador: "Y-You're right.. we need to tell Moose and Fire Opal."

Fox: "I can foretell that this will go nicely.."

There was something haunting in her tone, but Tiger's Eye shrugged it off. Fox Heart had always been somewhat ominous.

20210530010243_1.thumb.jpg.df8ac5482d2c2a32a08fc62623be82df.jpg

The group went back to the rest of the tribe. Tiger's Eye hesitated.

There was something.. terrifying.. about knowing her future.

Hearing something that I'm going to do that I can't change.. it must be crushing.

But she was also curious. What if her future was nice? After all, fate is fate. No matter what Fox Heart says, it will happen. She can't be stopped until she knows her destiny has been fulfilled.

It made her feel powerful, something she was new to feeling. Even though she was the only venomous nicheling on the entire mountain, she had never felt powerful with her abilities before. Rather scared of them. And it made her feel pulled to knowing her path.

She followed Fox Heart, preparing to know her fate. There was no looking back now.

20210530010332_1.thumb.jpg.35944057d86b1501152fe90ff447b5fa.jpg

Fearless ran up to their almost-identical sister, Rowan. The pair had only three differences; age, snout and claws. But neither seemed to care.

Fearless: "Where's my other sibling? I thought there were three of us, since Mother began expecting another child after you."

Rowan raised an eyebrow: "She went off to Emu and Evergreen.."

All eyes turned to Evergreen, who put on a fake concerned face over her true satisfaction. Her mind played the scene of Firecracker crashing into icy waves as steam from her heat body wove into the clouds above. It felt wrong, but so amazing.

Nobody can stop me, but you. She stared at Fearless, her haunting ambition overshadowed by shock: "Emu and Firecracker went after you and Carrion. Firecracker didn't want another child until she knew the threat had been contained."

Fearless felt a piece of herself die.

Mother is missing.. and it's all my fault.

I wanted to capture the prisoners to prove myself strong.. but I ended up getting Mother and Father lost in the storm.

They dropped their gaze to their paws: "We'll have to search for them when the storm ends. Mother should be fine, she has a heat body, and Father can protect her."

Suddenly, Hurricane piped up: "What about Parrot?"

Evergreen stared at Hurricane with sad eyes: "He went with them. I thought he told you."

Hurricane looked as if Evergreen had just told her she was going to kill Pomegranate by drowning him in snow.

Fearless found it a bit suspicious that Evergreen had changed her story, but shrugged it off as just another detail she had just been asked.

Tail curled tightly around Pomegranate, Hurricane stared up into the clouds.

Parrot, please stay safe and survive the storm. Your son needs you.

20210530010433_1.thumb.jpg.b2c482f5fd8ad6099951741f0cbae6b3.jpg

After explaining Fox Heart's abilities, all the nichelings gathered around to hear about their futures. Arctic watched with suspicion, but Tiger's Eye wanted to go after her siblings.

Fox: "Salvador." She stared at him, her eyes the color of a melting iceberg, "You've left all behind for yourself.. all that's left is to live with your consequence."

Salvador stared at her emotions beyond words. Tiger's Eye wondered what that meant.

Melting Ice.. the Frozens?

He left the Frozens for his own gain? Why? And what gain?

Tiger's Eye barely had time to wonder what it meant when Fox Heart turned to Horizon.

Horizon lifted her head as Fox spoke, her eyes shifting to a fiery crown: "Horizon, you are destined to become the great leader of the Burnings. Your horns grant you the power of the Blood Constellations from above.. Use it wisely, and you will rule over this Empire."

Tiger's Eye knew what the Constellations were; when Empire citizens die, they join their Empire's Constellation. Ever star on the speckled sky was another Island's Constellation residents. From here, she couldn't tell which of those stars were Quartz, Blood Sky or Brownie.

"And you." Tiger's Eye looked at Fox Heart with a frightened yet curious gaze. Fox Heart looked hypnotic, as if she was searching Tiger's Eye through her own eyes. It made chills go down her spine.

A black, liquid skull appeared in Fox Heart's eyes.

"You will bring death to this island, one nicheling at a time."

And Tiger's Eye knew she couldn't stop it.. nothing could.

I'm a monster, and I always have been for my venom..

It's too late to stop now.

Fox heart is probably manipulating them all...making them think they cannot control their actions

• Eek! 1

The Smolder in the Snows

Happy Pride Month Everyone! No matter if you're closeted or out, I hope you enjoy this lovely June <3.

Also, sorry for the shorter post! School's final turn in date is today so I couldn't play too much :c

20210604115303_1.thumb.jpg.23e804128a6aefed3e18085faf1494ad.jpg

Tiger's Eye distanced herself from the Empire, looking down at her claw. She could never imagine killing anyone. The only things she had ever hurt were things that threatened the Empire, like giant murderous bears.

Other nichelings? Not so much.

Now that she had been in both Empires, she realized that every nicheling has their own story. Quartz had created a separate Empire to resist a monarchy-type rule. So that she could live up to her mother's unreachably good legacy. So she would be as remembered like Brownie and Truffle.

She had succeeded.. but did the ends of that tale really justify the means?

20210604115315_1.thumb.jpg.c0a3856c84cb9f55acdbcd14e8bef30b.jpg

Tiger's Eye went to a hotsprings to stay warm and think. A little rabbit seemed to watch her with wide eyes.

Rabbits are lucky. They can control their fate.

The little white hare looked at Tiger's Eye warmly, as if saying, you can, too.

But I can't.

She slumped down in the heated waters. For one moment, it felt nice to not have any responsibility and to just sit there, with zero worry. Like she was a child, once again.

Sinking deep into the calming smoke rising from the hotsprings, she fell asleep and let every bad thing to come fade into darkness.

20210604115425_1.thumb.jpg.2d2a2267795d3dc0fde2218b9298a89d.jpg

Evergreen was worried.

Iris and Carrion were planning to search for Firecracker, Emu and Parrot once the snow cleared. What if they found melted bones? What then?

She wanted to become a child again, before she learned of how to rule over the tribe.

But she couldn't sit back and enjoy a day; she had an Empire to manage.

The only way to be happy is by having power.

20210604115830_1.thumb.jpg.ec26ebd89c19d2a444ca702792ce9dd8.jpg

Salvador: "I can hear something.. Like, someone, calling."

Fire Diamond, raising higher on her hindlegs: "Me too."

Horizon looked at them awkwardly: "Uh- yeah. Me too."

They cleared the snow carefully, as they heard the cries of a small child.

Who is-

20210604120007_1.thumb.jpg.6fd0dfb28c7ef7b04c9e3eeb6da18cb6.jpg

A balance bear came from the undergrowth, causing the group to race through the snows.

A heat-bodied female and a small child were sitting in a heated clearing.

Salvador: "What- who-"

?: "My name is Firecracker. This is my daughter, Alecto. I need your help."

Horizon, raising her head and fluffing up her fur to look more regal: "What for?"

Firecracker: "I know where the Frozens are. I want vengeance."

Before Salvador could process it, he realized he would have to face off against them again.

The consequence for leaving to join the Burnings..

Salvador had left the Frozens long ago, in pursuit of a place that would allow him to finally be of use to someone.

But now, the past was coming, and the echoes of a thousand spirits were raining down on him. He had been selfish. And he was going to pay the price for it.

Firecracker: "They're thin on numbers. And they can be squashed as easily as a rabbit at this point."

Horizon smirked, not knowing she would fight her own family: "Lead the way."

Somewhere in a hotsprings, Tiger's Eye woke up. The relaxation was gone. She needed to face her future once again.

As quickly as her sadness returned, the rabbit from before scurried away, and the childlike joy of no responsibility hit her again.

That child who was left in a hotsprings must be living nicely. They were forgotten with the snows and their thoughts, no responsibility and no worries. But this poison everyone calls a gift has ruined me.

Tiger's Eye pulled herself from the hotsprings. She would need to live with the burden of her venom her entire life.

And it melted at her as easily as a Smolder in the Snows could melt at the thin raft of ice the Frozens were on, forever decimating with no escape.

• Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

The Curse of the Cold

20210613122405_1.thumb.jpg.6aaf3e585a1264be91d6101c0ace5c04.jpg

Fire Jade sat in the hotsprings, steaming water coiling around her nose as she slumped in the heat.

Although she would never admit it to anyone, every day she sat in the hotsprings, she was simply hoping that out there, her family was coming home, back to her, back to save her from the tundras. All her life, she had been told to be tough and act strong. Did her attempt to do that so long ago, as a child, cause all this?

The first few days, she knew they were fighting off a balance bear. So she didn't worry.

Then she began hoping they were done now, returning to help her.

Afterwards, she started getting doubts, but stayed optimistic.

But by now, she knew they had forgotten about her. There was no denying that nobody had ever cared about her.

20210613122423_1.thumb.jpg.be3df392367c56de4adb952dd0d2c8e4.jpg

Fire Jade slept in the calming bubble of the hotsprings. She had stayed here for her family and for fear of the dangers of the mountain.

She then had a dream. She saw the skies from above, she bore the wings of a dragon, and she feared nothing. She had faced her fear and had embraced her destiny.

Fire Jade thought for a long time.

And soon, she came to a conclusion of what she had to do.

When Fire Jade awoke, she was a new nicheling.

She was now Dragonfruit. And she was determined to be remembered.

20210613122940_1.thumb.jpg.6699c85ffa8cbefad43170c5d7090604.jpg

Hurricane had failed.

She had only wanted to be Parrot's mate, the second she saw him.

Sure, she had been his mate, but she was too late.

Every single second of his disappearance, Hurricane just wanted to know if Parrot was okay. She needed to save him, after all.

She told herself she would.

But now, as she rose into the Constellation, she realized it would have been too late anyways.

Acidic poison ate away at her hope quickly.

Pomegranate would need to go on without her.

20210613123120_1.thumb.jpg.503c67956955766d237807fdcdf547bb.jpg

Arctic was fighting off the balance bear.

Their Empire had been split by the bear. And as they looked back, they saw Fire Opal's newest child.

Fire Opal turned away from it: "We'll leave it here until we can get back. It can stay in the hotsprings there."

Onion's face showed emotion for the first time; a glimpse of guilt. But it faded away. Arctic wondered what he was hiding.

Fire Ruby also looked uncomfortably towards the child, but less so. Arctic felt an urge to ask the two what had happened, but they resisted.

20210613123241_1.thumb.jpg.8a1ad8567323eab3daf9d1d277fb00b5.jpg

Pomegranate stayed back to mourn his mother for a day as the rest of the group searched.

Without words, Evergreen had become the temporary leader. In the distance, he heard her, Rowan, and Fearless arguing about how to punish Mud and Laika. Evergreen was stubborn about having Emu and Firecracker punish them, but the siblings insisted that they should be killed now.

Pomegranate knew exactly how they were feeling, as he had felt it his entire life;

My parents are dead, no matter what everyone says. They can't accept it, and they baby me because I'm still a child and they think I'm an idiot.

But I'm not. The more they tell me things are fine. The more they aren't.

20210613123539_1.thumb.jpg.516521b319336d219ce2937423c9150e.jpg

As Arctic fought on, they heard a shriek of terror from behind them. They turned, and saw a hawk carrying away the newborn child. They felt a strong wave of guilty sadness, a potential life lost once more.

Onion's face turned into shock, and Fire Ruby exchanged a terrified glance with him.

They're hiding something.. related to a child dying.

And from what I can tell, the more you hurt others, the more vicious they are in vengeance.

20210613123558_1.thumb.jpg.c8f116a6a3b410d2015bc704d276e4c8.jpg

Firecracker pulled aside Tiger's Eye.

Firecracker: "Listen. You have venom, correct?"

Tiger's Eye nodded slowly: "Why..?"

Firecracker suddenly grabbed a clover wrap around her upper arm. Tiger's Eye saw a horrible dent, stuffed with clover, which was pulled out to reveal a black-blood combination along the edges of the scar.

Firecracker: "This is a venom wound. I was bitten and thrown into the sea by one of your kind. The wound froze up, stopping the poison. When Alecto was born, I made her burn out as much as possible, and I'm going to get healed by your purr snout nicheling. Once I convince her too, anyhow."

Tiger's Eye couldn't process all this, and eventually said: "There's.. another nicheling with poison here?"

Firecracker nodded: "She's also immune to it."

Tiger's Eye exhaled with relief. The pressure to use her 'gift' was lifted quite a bit with this news.

Firecracker: "But listen. She's taken over the Frozens. Almost everyone supports her."

Tiger's relief vanished quicker than it had come. Did that mean-

Firecracker: "You're going to have to kill them, every last one."

You will bring death to this island, one nicheling at a time.

• Eek! 3

5 hours ago, Nightfire said:

The Curse of the Cold

20210613122405_1.thumb.jpg.6aaf3e585a1264be91d6101c0ace5c04.jpg

Fire Jade sat in the hotsprings, steaming water coiling around her nose as she slumped in the heat.

Although she would never admit it to anyone, every day she sat in the hotsprings, she was simply hoping that out there, her family was coming home, back to her, back to save her from the tundras. All her life, she had been told to be tough and act strong. Did her attempt to do that so long ago, as a child, cause all this?

The first few days, she knew they were fighting off a balance bear. So she didn't worry.

Then she began hoping they were done now, returning to help her.

Afterwards, she started getting doubts, but stayed optimistic.

But by now, she knew they had forgotten about her. There was no denying that nobody had ever cared about her.

20210613122423_1.thumb.jpg.be3df392367c56de4adb952dd0d2c8e4.jpg

Fire Jade slept in the calming bubble of the hotsprings. She had stayed here for her family and for fear of the dangers of the mountain.

She then had a dream. She saw the skies from above, she bore the wings of a dragon, and she feared nothing. She had faced her fear and had embraced her destiny.

Fire Jade thought for a long time.

And soon, she came to a conclusion of what she had to do.

When Fire Jade awoke, she was a new nicheling.

She was now Dragonfruit. And she was determined to be remembered.

20210613122940_1.thumb.jpg.6699c85ffa8cbefad43170c5d7090604.jpg

Hurricane had failed.

She had only wanted to be Parrot's mate, the second she saw him.

Sure, she had been his mate, but she was too late.

Every single second of his disappearance, Hurricane just wanted to know if Parrot was okay. She needed to save him, after all.

She told herself she would.

But now, as she rose into the Constellation, she realized it would have been too late anyways.

Acidic poison ate away at her hope quickly.

Pomegranate would need to go on without her.

20210613123120_1.thumb.jpg.503c67956955766d237807fdcdf547bb.jpg

Arctic was fighting off the balance bear.

Their Empire had been split by the bear. And as they looked back, they saw Fire Opal's newest child.

Fire Opal turned away from it: "We'll leave it here until we can get back. It can stay in the hotsprings there."

Onion's face showed emotion for the first time; a glimpse of guilt. But it faded away. Arctic wondered what he was hiding.

Fire Ruby also looked uncomfortably towards the child, but less so. Arctic felt an urge to ask the two what had happened, but they resisted.

20210613123241_1.thumb.jpg.8a1ad8567323eab3daf9d1d277fb00b5.jpg

Pomegranate stayed back to mourn his mother for a day as the rest of the group searched.

Without words, Evergreen had become the temporary leader. In the distance, he heard her, Rowan, and Fearless arguing about how to punish Mud and Laika. Evergreen was stubborn about having Emu and Firecracker punish them, but the siblings insisted that they should be killed now.

Pomegranate knew exactly how they were feeling, as he had felt it his entire life;

My parents are dead, no matter what everyone says. They can't accept it, and they baby me because I'm still a child and they think I'm an idiot.

But I'm not. The more they tell me things are fine. The more they aren't.

20210613123539_1.thumb.jpg.516521b319336d219ce2937423c9150e.jpg

As Arctic fought on, they heard a shriek of terror from behind them. They turned, and saw a hawk carrying away the newborn child. They felt a strong wave of guilty sadness, a potential life lost once more.

Onion's face turned into shock, and Fire Ruby exchanged a terrified glance with him.

They're hiding something.. related to a child dying.

And from what I can tell, the more you hurt others, the more vicious they are in vengeance.

20210613123558_1.thumb.jpg.c8f116a6a3b410d2015bc704d276e4c8.jpg

Firecracker pulled aside Tiger's Eye.

Firecracker: "Listen. You have venom, correct?"

Tiger's Eye nodded slowly: "Why..?"

Firecracker suddenly grabbed a clover wrap around her upper arm. Tiger's Eye saw a horrible dent, stuffed with clover, which was pulled out to reveal a black-blood combination along the edges of the scar.

Firecracker: "This is a venom wound. I was bitten and thrown into the sea by one of your kind. The wound froze up, stopping the poison. When Alecto was born, I made her burn out as much as possible, and I'm going to get healed by your purr snout."

Tiger's Eye couldn't process all this, and eventually said: "There's.. another nicheling with poison here?"

Firecracker nodded: "She's also immune to it."

Tiger's Eye exhaled with relief. The pressure to use her 'gift' was lifted quite a bit with this news.

Firecracker: "But listen. She's taken over the Frozens. Almost everyone supports her."

Tiger's relief vanished quicker than it had come. Did that mean-

Firecracker: "You're going to have to kill them, every last one."

You will bring death to this island, one nicheling at a time.

(I hope Tiger's Eye can use her gift to eleminate Evergreen without becoming a monster herself. These are some very important developements. Poor Hurricane, at least she and Parrot had a child before they died. I wonder what Pomegranite will end up doing)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Sidenote:

Iris and Mud both have 9 days on their lifespans. It feels like they were just born- jeez time flies

(Yeah it does, but change can be good too! Though with this playthrough change seems to bring bad things

• Paw up 1