Stray Fawn Community

The Frozen Empire

Nightfire

Fight Fire with Fire

The post you've all been waiting for!

20210620130431_1.thumb.jpg.2bf73775f928abead826fd5ba6b68213.jpg

Evergreen heard a low growl from above. She looked up, and to her horror, Firecracker and some other nichelings she didn't recognize were looming over her. The rest of the Frozens backed up, looking at Evergreen in confusion. Laika stepped forwards and hissed at Firecracker, her gaze set on Evergreen reading, "You had one job!"

Firecracker: "Ah, Evergreen. You thought you could replace me by simply killing me?" She glared down, before adding, "And Emu."

Evergreen wondered if Firecracker didn't care about Emu by her tone towards him; maybe she just wanted power. And she clearly didn't care about Parrot.

"You what!?" Fearless glared at her, snarling and hissing. "What the hell is wrong with you? You lost the vote! You're not the true leader, and you never will be!"

Remembering everything Laika and Almond had drilled into her head, she tried to think of how she wasn't obligated to be the leader, but she couldn't; it was everything she was told. Fearless' words had stung like the acidic venom she shot onto others.

"She is the true leader!" Laika snarled at Fearless. "How else can she avenge her Father and live up to familial legacy? Only children of the leaders should be the next leader, not siblings."

Evergreen wondered if she really deserved to be the true leader.

Actually, if she wanted to even lead anyone.

Suddenly, Firecracker charged off the stump. Evergreen had barely any time to react, and pulled herself up to block her vitals; she could feel pain fly across her eye, and she recoiled backwards, a long scar from under her chin reaching up over her eye. Wiping the blood off her fur, she stared up at Firecracker, who flexed her bloodied claw maliciously.

She just wanted power. She doesn't care about anyone. When I die, I'll tell Emu that..

Firecracker reared to attack Evergreen, and she shut her eyes, waiting for her crimes to catch up with her.

But then-

20210620130719_1.thumb.jpg.a66e7ab790091806b8084d656677720b.jpg

"I'm sorry Firecracker, but I won't let you kill my sister."

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

"I'm sorry Firecracker, but I won't let you kill my sister."

*SCREECHES IN EXCITEMENT*

AAAAA

Okay okay. this is amazing. I love this playthrough :D

I'm starting to really feel sympathy for Evergreen.

And TIGER'S EYE YES!!! GO!!

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

I think I missed this by a bit, but we hit 5.2k views!

This honestly feels surreal. I expected to get maybe 700 views, if lucky. But 5.2k? Holy. Crap.

Tysm everyone for getting this little idea I had to this point!!

• Eek! 2

14 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Onion's Organization

Impulsive midnight post because I'm a night goblin

20210620130109_1.thumb.jpg.125b5d8ae51a30bdd47f58fc2a9618ac.jpg

Onion was surprised to see the empty hotsprings. The rock he laid down  on Fire Jade's tail was toppled to the side of the hotsping, with a bit of dried blood and gray fur. How could a blue bird get her?

But he realized that, he had so much power, leading this group. Fire Ruby and Fox Heart both likely knew this was the case; Fox Heart could predict the future, Fire Ruby had helped Onion.

He whispered to the two of them:

"Why don't we make a new Empire? Moose and Fire Opal weren't good to me, or most of us. I have no idea how Horizon will lead the tribe. And we can even overpower these two if needed."

Fox Heart flicked her ear: "I foresee this will work out brilliantly."

Arctic could sense something was wrong. They turned to back out of the clearing, but Onion beckoned them back; Lichen and Arctic had realized their intentions.

"What do we name ourselves?" Asked Fire Ruby.

Lichen shuffled awkwardly.

"Something in relation to Onion? It was his idea, after all." Fox Heart remarked.

"Onion's Empire doesn't sound too grandiose." Fire Ruby explained.

"Onion's Organization sounds nice." Onion looked down at his claw, pleased.

20210620130529_1.thumb.jpg.bc9613575752ca9918b1c027e26d4fa0.jpg

(I don't remember if Fox Heart bred with Onion or Lichen sooo we'll learn soon enough I suppose)

Arctic went to run. They made it over the rabbit burrow and towards the mountain beak before Fire Opal grabbed them.

"Nobody is leaving." She said, calmly and edged with ice.

Fire Opal dragged them back to the hotsprings, and Onion readjusted the rock to sit on Arctic's hindleg. They yelped in pain, and struggled, although their strength faltered as the day ended.

I'm sorry, Mother, Father. I've failed you and your legacy. You took on balance bears, and I couldn't defeat another nicheling.

They stared out towards the sea, wondering how difficult it would be to swim across it with a few fruit.

And they wondered how to summon the courage to try.

the most evil nichelings are now united....a third empire? Could it be so? I hope Arctic and Lichen survive. Maybe Fire Jade will rescue them

• Love 1

Alliance from Ashes

20210622154009_1.thumb.jpg.c398dc3e91edfb1902fc227171ad98f9.jpg

Firecracker let out a loud roar as Evergreen pulled Tiger's Eye away, both jumping into new hotsprings. Firecracker smashed her claws down here Tiger's Eye was a moment before.

Firecracker: "Get back here, I'll kill both of you!"

The spiky nicheling charged towards Tiger's Eye, who was trying to reason with her.

Firecracker had Tiger's Eye pinned under her claw, before Evergreen shot a lump of venom onto her forehead.

Firecracker ran towards the sea, shrieking in pain; but Tiger's Eye grabbed her hindleg, and she fell onto her face, the venom eating up her face in a supposedly gore-y manner hidden from eyeshot.

Tiger's Eye stared down at the dissipating nicheling as she heard someone.

"Thank you.. sister?" She looked up and saw Evergreen, wrapping clovers in a green-pink bundle around her injured eye.

"Its.. it's really nothing."

20210622154035_1.thumb.jpg.5fd4374bab48894d2ec4d1401c96f1fc.jpg

Suddenly, a thundering roar filled the clearing.

A balance bear had smelled the decaying bodies, and had come to feast on the rest of the tribe.

Everyone scattered; the camp dissolved into chaos.

20210622154230_1.thumb.jpg.d0d30ac5dd64cb370106ad0c7c47c689.jpg

Pomegranate ran up the slope instead of backwards, lost in the fray of shrieks and running. Eventually, a gray nicheling came and sat with him.

Terrified for a moment, Pomegranate finally spoke: "Who.. who are you?"

"My name is Dragonfruit. I've been wandering this mountain for a while now. I was going to ask to join you all, but, I don't want to be bearfood."

"Fair."

The two talked, and for a second, all the pressures of the world were lifted.

Pomegranate was finally at peace.

Good ending pog

• Eek! 4

56 minutes ago, orinz said:

is it bad i can imagine this as an anime series? or that I at least try? espically when TG came in with "I cant let u kill my sister"?

I kinda envisioned this in my head as that way, yea

• Like 1

weell actually chiyanna thats whale, which isnt too dangerous, but still has problems. first is heat, and that nicheling has big body. second is bears, which come by a lil more often than other ilsands its tier im pretty sure. third food, because it usually hot on whale island, plants run out of food that u can eat really quick if ur not at the blow hole, and then, as u see, there toxic bushes that take about half to 1 third of all the bushes on the island or think. so ya, if ur unpreped for whale island, u gonna be in deep trouble

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

wait a minute... why'd everyone panic? as sunny has said from WoF "we have magical death spit!". so why everybody running just throw some magical death spit onto ze bear- oh... wait, nvm. (it actually very much depends how night fire defined the rules of death spit, so ima just ask: night fire, in ur playthrough, does the nichelings with death spit have to have any energy points left, or can they just have none left and still use it, as in going outside the law of energy in niche? or does said nicheling have to use an energy point to use magical death spit, or do they have to have atleast one point of energy but the "action" wont use it?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, orinz said:

wait a minute... why'd everyone panic? as sunny has said from WoF "we have magical death spit!". so why everybody running just throw some magical death spit onto ze bear- oh... wait, nvm. (it actually very much depends how night fire defined the rules of death spit, so ima just ask: night fire, in ur playthrough, does the nichelings with death spit have to have any energy points left, or can they just have none left and still use it, as in going outside the law of energy in niche? or does said nicheling have to use an energy point to use magical death spit, or do they have to have atleast one point of energy but the "action" wont use it?)

For the magical death spit to work, it takes one point for energy but they still use that, usually to clear snow or collect nesting material, with some exceptions if they begin to get cold

For example: When Evergreen first hit Mud with it, she had one energy point 'used' but cleared the snow around the rock next to her.

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

-1 +3

20210622154741_1.thumb.jpg.0d5263bcd0e00786d3c4860cb25675c3.jpg

Arctic watched as everyone began to sleep, Onion wandering a bit away to catch some hares to eat. They had been captured by the Organization- or whatever this group was called- and couldn't exactly escape.

But it was now or never.

With a burst of speed, they sprinted off into an unknown direction, unsure where they were going but certain they wouldn't be held captive.

(lost a screenshot, Arctic is getting chased by Onion and Lichen)

Someone called behind them:

"After them!"

20210622155043_1.thumb.jpg.3d726d2b5102d4c5d126fe7692f9d927.jpg

Eventually, a group of 2 nichelings arrived at the new camp.

"Who are you?" Questioned Fox Heart.

"We're just travelers." A pomegranate-colored male said with a hint of nervousness. "We need a tribe to join."

"From where?" Fire Ruby watched them suspiciously, particularly the female.

The female spoke this time. "The jungle. Our tribe was scattered by apes. We came here in hopes of colder weather so we wouldn't be so hot constantly." She laughed a bit in a sad manner. "We got what we wished for, it seems."

"What are your names?" Fire Ruby was oddly pushy on the personal questions.

"I'm Pomegranate. And this is Dragonfruit, my mate."

"We'll ask Onion about this." 

Something clicked in Dragonfruit's head, and her eyes darkened. "Of course. Is he your leader?"

"Yes." Fox Heart was looking at Fire Ruby, who shook herself off and tore her gaze off Dragonfruit. "You can stay here for now."

I foresee this will go disastrously.. It looks like I've let a fox inside a chicken coop.

• Haha 1
  • Eek! 2

oh no, i didnt understaand what she forsaw, but now i can forsee it as well. and for anyother people slow in the brain like me, i think FH (what nightfire means technically) means that pomegranate and dragonfruit want to lead a tribe instead of follow it.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

7 hours ago, Nightfire said:

-1 +3

20210622154741_1.thumb.jpg.0d5263bcd0e00786d3c4860cb25675c3.jpg

Arctic watched as everyone began to sleep, Onion wandering a bit away to catch some hares to eat. They had been captured by the Organization- or whatever this group was called- and couldn't exactly escape.

But it was now or never.

With a burst of speed, they sprinted off into an unknown direction, unsure where they were going but certain they wouldn't be held captive.

(lost a screenshot, Arctic is getting chased by Onion and Lichen)

Someone called behind them:

"After them!"

20210622155043_1.thumb.jpg.3d726d2b5102d4c5d126fe7692f9d927.jpg

Eventually, a group of 2 nichelings arrived at the new camp.

"Who are you?" Questioned Fox Heart.

"We're just travelers." A pomegranate-colored male said with a hint of nervousness. "We need a tribe to join."

"From where?" Fire Ruby watched them suspiciously, particularly the female.

The female spoke this time. "The jungle. Our tribe was scattered by apes. We came here in hopes of colder weather so we wouldn't be so hot constantly." She laughed a bit in a sad manner. "We got what we wished for, it seems."

"What are your names?" Fire Ruby was oddly pushy on the personal questions.

"I'm Pomegranate. And this is Dragonfruit, my mate."

"We'll ask Onion about this." 

Something clicked in Dragonfruit's head, and her eyes darkened. "Of course. Is he your leader?"

"Yes." Fox Heart was looking at Fire Ruby, who shook herself off and tore her gaze off Dragonfruit. "You can stay here for now."

I foresee this will go disastrously.. It looks like I've let a cat inside a chicken coop.

Fox would be better suited, or dog. Cats are interested in chickens, but then they just get pecked a whole ton on the head and decide to never go after them again, usually anyways! We found a cat in a chicken coop once, they were fine but terrified of chickens the rest of their life, didn't dare try to eat them (though they do try and get chicks sometime, it would be easier to do that when they're out to roam). Still, an interesting new expression and good story as always!

• Thanks 1

I have returned! It was fun away, I stayed in a somewhat creepy old hotel, ate at a new restaurant and found tasty chicken there, and got to go to the zoo and ride a camel. But anyhow, prepare for posts once again.

• Eek! 3

Ah you've spoiled me with content recently, and I'm here thinking will horizon have a change of heart and merge the burnings and the frozens. Or atleast create peace, since the whole situation can now be changed once she becomes leader 

• Like 2
  • Love 1