Stray Fawn Community

b o o k

Pancake

*choking*

Chapter 1

The Journey Begins

“Hey! Wait up!” Ozone Called as he Flapped his large orange wings to try and keep up with the others.

“Come and catch us!” Puddle yelled from far ahead, her scales catching the light and reflecting a deep blue like sapphires.

“Yeah!” Onyx shouted from the front and flicked his poisonous tail.

“Ha!” Kiwi laughed, changing to her usual inside-of-a-kiwi shade of green.

“But seriously…Wait up!!” Blaze panted from far behind, so he didn’t burn anyone.

BrightEyes giggled from in between Puddle and Onyx, her metallic white swirls reflecting in the early morning sunlight and being careful not hit anyone with her wings.

“Come on guys! Hurry up!” Lucky called, spiraling into a dive, (aiming for the liftoff hole) her gold scales gleaming in the early morning sunlight. They all landed on the cold stone with a “thump”. Blaze Came last so not to burn anyone.

“And WHERE in all the STARS have you been!?” ClearDream – their caretaker – exclaimed flaring her wings to show the white swirls on the under-side.

“Flying.” shrugged Lucky.

“Uh-Oh.” Said Buzz, - another caretaker – his antenna twitching.

“What’s going on here?” asked Icicle – yet another caretaker – her whip-thin tail lashing annoyedly and her frill flaring.

“These little rascals have been out,” Yelped ClearDream. “WITHOUT our permission!” she said.

“ClearDream, I would like to talk to them.” Said Buzz, his scarred snout twitching slightly.

“Of course, Buzz.” ClearDream responded.

“Ok, follow me guys.” Buzz told the others. They walked into a large side room a little to the left. “So, why were you flying outside without our permission?” He asked.

“I don’t know, because we could?” replied Ozone, stretching his large wings.

“Hmmm… ok listen, I’ll tell them you said you won’t do it again, because I know what it’s like to feel cooped up. But you owe me something!” Buzz said in a loud whisper, his ripped wings flicking.

“Thanks Buzz!” said all of them in chorus. Then Buzz walked out of the room flicking his foot to signal them to come too. They followed, in a group of deep blue, red, pale yellow, kiwi-green, orange, silver, and black speckled with gold. Buzz told the other caretakers.

~*~

It was getting dark outside when they had supper, Ozone, BrightEyes, and Lucky each had cows, Onyx had a Lizard, Puddle Had a Fish, and Kiwi had Mangoes, when they were finished it was study time. They all headed to the study cave. “Ok, today we are studying ‘The Legend of The Lost BrightWing’!” Lucky exclaimed. “I’m the Queen of the BrightWings!” Lucky called, “BrightEyes is the egg, Onyx, you’re StarrySky, Puddle, you’re RainCloud, Ozone, Blaze, you are random bright wings, Kiwi you’re the eggnaper.” Lucky instructed them.

“Aww man.” Blaze sighed.

“Lizard feet.” Ozone said.

“Where is my egg?!” Lucky acted. “RainCloud!” she shouted. Puddle walked over

“Yes ma’am?” she said sarcastically.

“Where is my egg!?” Lucky asked.

“I don’t know” Shrugged Puddle.

“SOUND THE ALARM!” Lucky Shouted.

“WOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOO” Blaze made an alarm sounding noise.

“StarrySky!” Lucky exclaimed.

“Yes?” Onyx said trotting up to her.

“My egg is gone!” Lucky Shouted.

“Ah, I will send out a search party immediately.” Onyx said.

“Where did you see it last?” Onyx asked.

“The Hatchery!” Lucky exclaimed. Onyx trotted to a ledge with scrolls on it to make it look like nests, Lucky followed.

“Where could it have gone!?” Lucky yelped with acted surprise.

“The MoonWings took it.”Onyx said. Lucky gasped,

“They wouldn’t!” she said.

“Oh, I think they would.” Onyx argued.

“You know what this means StarrySky?” Lucky said, clenching her talons.

“No, What?” Asked Onyx, tilting his head.

“This Means War.” Lucky said

The others clapped and Lucky bowed her head. “Onyx, you need more spirit! That was kind of...wimpy.”

*~*1*~*

Lucky told Onyx, after the applauding.

“Eh.” Shrugged Onyx. Lucky yawned. “Aw that was cute Lucky.” Onyx said, smiling. Lucky made an embarrassed noise, nodded and blushed.

“Time for sleep guys.” Buzz’s yellow and black head poked out from around the corner, smiling.

They got up and walked towards the door brushing wings from time to time. They rounded a corner then turned into their sleeping cave. Lucky’s nest was covered in moss, bear fur and palm leaves. Onyx’s nest was just sand covering palm leaves. Puddle’s was just a hole in the ground, in the corner filled with water. Ozone’s was a rock ledge near the ceiling, covered in moss and pine needles.  Kiwi’s was a hammock strung by vines between two cut down trees and covered in leaves with a palm leaf blanket. Blaze’s was a rock ledge in the corner (farthest away from the others so not to burn them) covered in ash. BrightEye’s nest was covered in the softest moss the care takers could find with a rabbit fur blanket. All of them were either sprawled out or curled up on their nests, Lucky walked up to hers, curled up and closed her eyes, knowing sleep was a long time coming.

~*~

Her Dream was WEIRD. It had flying sheep, walking fish, and only 1 dragon; she was a lighter shade of purple, like an early morning sky with gold scales scattered around her wings, snout, beside her eyes and a weird glowing-blue-star mark on her forehead. She had multiple jewels embedded in her scales – diamonds, rubies, jades, sapphires etc. – and lots of accessories: pearl necklaces here and there, a gold ankle bracelet, a sapphire horn bracelet, a ruby necklace, and a diamond embedded crown. “H-Hello?” Lucky said to the dragon.

“Are you ‘Lucky’?” the dragon asked.

“W-Why yes I am!” Lucky replied.

“Good. I’m Queen of the BrightWings.” The Queen said.

“WHA-?!?!” Lucky exclaimed and almost fell over.

“It’s True.” The Queen said.

“Ok, ok, ok, SO. You’re Queen of the BrightWings, and I’m a Prophecy dragonet, why have you come to talk to me Mi- I mean, You’re Majesty?” Lucky pieced together.

“I have come to talk to you about how you must get out of this… cave place you “live” in and fulfill the prophecy NOW.” The Queen explained.

“B-But how?” Lucky asked tentatively.

“That’s what I’ve come here to tell you.” The Queen said.

“Oh.” Said Lucky, feeling stupid. The Queen explained for the next what felt like HOURS about how there was a secret keyhole in the boulder-door and it needed a key (or that they can just escape through the liftoff hole) that Buzz had, (because he couldn’t fly) and how to twist the key to get it to click.

*~*2*~*    

Then, the Queen started to fade “U-Uh, Miss? You’re fading.” Lucky said raising a claw.

“Ah, I see you’re waking up, well, you know what to do. I bid you farewell.” The Queen gave a dismissive wave and slightly nodded.

“Bye You’re majesty…? For now, at least.” Lucky said and bowed her head one final time.

Lucky felt claws on her shoulder, shaking her awake. Her eyes fluttered open slowly and saw the blurry pale-yellow shape of Onyx waking her up. “Lucky, Lucky. Lucky wake up! You’re going to miss breakfast!”

“mmmm,” mumbled Lucky.

“Come on Lucky! I don’t want to miss breakfast either!” Onyx said, shaking her a little bit harder. She felt her wing being tugged off her nest. She groaned, stretched, and got up.

“Yeah! Then I froze their eyes out!” the gossiping voice of Icicle echoed through the cave as they turned the corner into the eating cave, where there were chicken, pig, and cow corpses scattered on the floor, along with a tiny pile of fruit, a few lizards on rocks, and a small pond of fish. The caretakers and the others were all at the elevated stone circle, eating. Lucky walked over to a corner with a cow cowering in it. It’s breathing picking up as she got closer. In a swift motion she snatched the cow and ripped it in half, killing it in a matter of seconds.

Onyx walked over to her with a dead lizard speared on his claw, and a little cow blood splattered on his left shoulder, and Puddle followed, dripping; “Hey Lucky,” Onyx said.

“What’cha got there? A cow?” Puddle said.

“Yep.” Lucky replied. “Anyways I need to talk to everyone, about…something very important.” She said.

“What’s so important?” Puddle asked.

“I need to tell EVERYONE, not just you two. Just go tell them to come here and the caretakers to stay there, OK?” Lucky informed them.

“Alright, I’ll get them.” Onyx said sarcastically.

“Guys! Lucky has something to tell us! You guys stay here, it’s a secret.” Onyx said to the others and the caretakers. They all scrambled over to hear what Lucky had to say. Once everyone was gathered in a small ring around her, she began to explain her dream, the queen, and how they need to leave right now.

“Really? The QUEEN of the BRIGHTWINGS came to your dream?” Ozone questioned with a skeptical look on his face.

“Yep.” Lucky said.

“That doesn’t sound likely though, for the QUEEN to visit YOU of all the dragons in Sahrani.” Kiwi said.

“But it’s true! The Queen really was there! I’m not crazy guys!” Lucky said with a slight tinge of anger. “We need to go NOW, TODAY.” She said. Half of them sighed.

*~*3*~*

“I’ll come with you.” Said Buzz from behind them, they jumped. “I’m tired of being here too, and you guys have a prophecy to fulfill.” He said with a big smile.

“Really!?” Asked Lucky excitedly.

“Why not?” Buzz responded.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” she said jumping up and over to him.

“Anyone else coming?” Buzz asked eyeing the dragonets.

“I will.” Onyx said, sitting up.

“Me too!” BrightEyes said bouncily.

“Same.” Said Puddle, bumping Ozone’s shoulder.

“M-Me too. BUT not ‘cause I want to or anything!” said Ozone, blushing.

“Count me in.” Said Kiwi in her normal Sarcastic-Kiwi way.

“Sure, I guess.” Blaze said from about five feet away.

“Really?! You all will!?” Lucky said hopping from talon to talon her eyes swelling with hope.

“Yeah.” “of course!” “Yeh!” “I’ve got nothing better to do.” “Why not?” they all said. Lucky inhaled a squeal of happiness.

“Ok, Buzz, how soon can you get us out of here?” Lucky asked whipping around to face Buzz.

“Right now, if you want.” Buzz shrugged.

“Really!?” Lucky squealed.

“Ok, I’ll go do that. Be right back!” said Buzz, walking over to the other caretakers and told them something the dragonets couldn’t hear because they were out of earshot, then the caretakers sat up with startled expressions and started to run out of the cave and into the hall and Lucky saw them veer towards the liftoff hole.

“Ok, that should buy us a little time. Let’s go!” Buzz said in a loud whisper, running over to them.

“Ok, Lets hurry.” Said Ozone,

“The boulder!” Said Lucky in a soft shout. They all quietly scampered into the hallway their claws scraping against the cold stone floors. They got to the boulder in no time flat, Buzz grabbed the tear-drop-shaped pendant from around his neck, fiddled with it for a second, then popped it open. He grabbed the small key from inside it and tapped the boulder with his claw two times. A small keyhole appeared in the center of the large rock and he swiftly stuck the key into it and the boulder rolled slowly to the side revealing a narrow passageway just big enough to fit a full-grown dragon with their wings folded. They all squeezed in one by one, Buzz in front then Lucky, Onyx, BrightEyes, Puddle, Ozone, and finally, Blaze.

*~*4*~*

“Wow it’s cramped in here,” Puddle said. “Yeah, I think I might suffocate.” Ozone said unhappily.

~*~

It felt like they’d been walking for hours, Lucky’s talons ached but she kept walking. “It’s almost over, don’t worry!” Buzz said unexpectedly, making Lucky jump. A time passed then she saw it, SUNLIGHT!

YES, FINALLY!! she thought happily.

As they entered the light Onyx pushed past her, making her stumble and fall forward, faceplanting into the dirt. “AUGH!!” she said.

“Ya need help there?” Onyx said with a snicker. She got up, brushed off her pitch black and gold speckled scales and shot a narrow-eyed glare at Onyx. As the others came into the sunlight, she noticed a squirrel eating a walnut beside a nearby tree. She thought it was too cute to be eaten so she let it be.

“So now what do we do?” asked Buzz a puzzled expression spreading on his face like fire to a shrub.

“We find our parents first, then we fulfill the prophecy because we still have two years before we’re ACTUALLY needed. Is that good with everyone?” Lucky said.

A chorus of yeses and oks rang out from the others. “Uh, how do you plan to carry me?” Buzz asked, twitching his ripped wings.

“Uh, good question.” Lucky said, looking around for anything to use to carry Buzz.

She spotted some palm trees near the sandy beach they came out next to, “We could string those together.” She said, pointing to the palm trees. “I could,” requested Kiwi. “I know how to sew, sort of.” She said. “That could work, yeah! Let’s do that!” Lucky said.

~*~

After a while if stitching, the palm blanket was done. It was big enough to fit two grown dragons comfortably.  “ok, whose parents are we finding first?” Lucky asked.

“Mine please.” Puddle chimed in.

“I’m down with that.” Onyx said.

“Sure.” Said the light green VineWing. The rest of them nodded.

“Ok, then its settled; we’re finding Puddle’s family first.” Lucky said loyally. “Buzz, get on.” She said, flicking her tail towards the palm blanket.

“Right.” Said Buzz, clamoring onto the blanket.

For a WaspWing Buzz was surprisingly light. They all held different corners, Puddle and Ozone held a corner, Onyx and Lucky held a corner, Kiwi and BrightEyes held a corner, and the last corner was flapping in the wind.  With no one to hold it up it flapped freely, like out of control dragon wings.

And with hope to find their familys, they started winging toward the sea.

*~*5*~*

Chapter 2

To the Sea

After a little while, the dark, bloated clouds gave way and it started to rain. “Pitter Patter” went the rain on the leaves. It got harder and harder to fly in the rain and they eventually had to land on a small island to the north, or what they thought was north. Buzz scrambled off the wet blanket and bolted for the nearest tree, shaking the water off his snout and ripped wings. Lucky blinked the water out of her eyes, thought for a moment, and asked: “What do we do now?”

“Well, we wait for the rain to pass and continue looking, I guess.  But we need to make a shelter.” Kiwi said.  “Ok, let’s build a stone “cave” with a wooden roof and we can use the palm blanket as covering.” Kiwi thought out-loud.

“Yeah!” Lucky said.

After an hour of building and getting wet, they were finally done with the large rock hut. “Phew.” Ozone sighed. “If I had to work one more second my bones would have caved in!” He said with enthusiastic sarcasm. They all scurried into the hut like scared mice. It was slightly cold, but there wasn’t enough space to fit a fire unfortunately, but it was big enough for them to clamor onto each other and sleep somewhat warmly. (except Blaze, who had to sleep outside.)

In the morning the rain had stopped so it was brighter, and they could see better than they could last night.

It was a small island with a tiny forest and multiple underwater caves. “Ok, so do we keep flying now?” asked Puddle.

“Yes, but something just came to me,” said Lucky. “how are we going to go into the Deep, where the palace is?” Lucky stressed, she had never thought this far ahead. Ozone sighed.

“Ok, don’t freak out, but I’m an animus.”

“WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?” Exploded Lucky. The others stood there, not moving, not even seeming surprised.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US SOONER!?” Kiwi suddenly screeched, growling softly.

“I-I didn’t want you to be mad or hate me ok?” Ozone sad, his head hanging and his wings drooping to the floor.

“WELL NOW I’M EVEN MADDER THAN I WOULD HAVE BEEN IF YOU HAD TOLD US SOONER!!!!” Kiwi screamed.

“Alright, Alright!” Ozone said, making himself smaller and smaller in guilt and fear.

“Ok, that means you can make us able to breathe underwater, like Puddle!” Onyx thought aloud.

“Yeah…” Ozone said, looking and sounding small. “B-But it’s a risk, but I’m willing to take it.” He said,

*~*6*~*

rising to his full height, towering over all of them except Buzz, with a triumphant smile.

~*~

After a small while, Ozone had six small, bracelets made of thin vines and seashells. He handed one to each of them, Lucky got a bracelet with a pinkish-gray seashell and the letter L engraved on the inside. Each of the others also got a bracelet with a seashell and the first letter of their name engraved on it, except Puddle and Blaze. Ozone took a deep breath, “I enchant these bracelets to give the wearer the power to breathe and see underwater.” Ozone said. Lucky felt a twitch from the bracelet. “There.” Ozone said.

“I’m going to go try it out!” Onyx said, disappearing beneath the surface and diving into the deep blue water.                                                                     

No one moved.

No one breathed.

They waited for Onyx to surface again.

Then Lucky saw the pale-yellow shape of a dragon struggling to get to the surface, (probably because DuneWings aren’t expert swimmers) and Puddle dived in after him.

A few tense moments later Puddle resurfaced, looking quite disappointed and slightly annoyed, with Onyx holding her talon. Lucky felt a surge of jealousy and anger at Puddle for some reason. Do I actually LIKE him? Lucky asked herself. No. That’s crazy. Come on Lucky, get it together. She thought.

Puddle exhaled sharply. “I’m guessing you all don’t know how to swim?” she said, an annoyed look spreading throughout her face. They all nodded their head except Kiwi.

“I’ve been practicing, I always knew this day would come, so, I practiced.” She said, smiling slightly.

“Cool.” Puddle said.

~*~

After around twelve hours, they all had successfully learned how to swim. “Ok, What about me?” Blaze asked, looking hurt.

“Um…. how ‘bout you stay here with Buzz?” Puddle suggested.  Blaze stared down at his talons, the ashed ground then back at Puddle.

“Ok.” He said.

“Ok, shall we get going now?” Puddle asked.

“Yes, one second.” Lucky said, walking up the sand and towards Blaze.

“Lucky? Lucky! Lucky what are you doing!?” Blaze yelped as she hugged his neck. The pain was searing through her talons, she held back a wince then raced to the water and dove in. The water soothed the

*~*7*~*

burnt scales, but they still hurt.

“Lucky… What was that…?” Blaze asked, looking very surprised by what just happened.

“That was called a hug!” Lucky called as the others slipped beneath the surface of the water.

She swore she heard Blaze say: “I’ll miss you…” but maybe it was her imagination.

She slipped beneath the water and realized how beautiful the reef was, fish of all different colors darting everywhere, anemones of blues and pinks and purples scattered around, and the most GORGEOUS coral.

Wow, this is amazing. Lucky thought.

Suddenly Puddle and the others banked left into an underwater cave, so, Lucky followed. Once they were deep enough in-so that there wasn’t any water-Puddle spoke.

“Ok, Kiwi you study the most, where’s the Deep Palace?” she asked.

“Uh… Oh! I read a scroll about it once, it said that it was in deep water underneath a dome of light blue coral and pink Sea Crowns.” Kiwi said.

Ooh, so that’s where it is. Lucky thought.

“Any chance you know how deep the palace is, because I don’t do well with depths.” Onyx said.

“I think it was one hundred feet down.” She said

“Oh.” Onyx said.

~*~

They had been swimming for about thirty minutes and during that time they had found a few pearls and pretty seashells. But they soon approached a dome of light blue coral, surrounded by pink sea crowns. Puddle dived into a hole in the coral and the others followed. Inside was a large seaweed green palace with beautiful spires and points. Wow this is amazing! Lucky thought with excitement. Just then, a light blue SplashWing with dark blue horns approached them, his phosphorescent scales flashing.

Huh? Is he trying to communicate with us? Lucky asked herself.

Onyx, Brighteyes, Lucky, and Ozone tilted their heads. Puddle flashed something back and the guard swam towards the palace, and the others followed. The inside of the palace was dry and gorgeous.  Pearls were strung all over the walls and seaweed carpets in all different colors lined the floor.

The light blue SplashWing lead them to a pale green side room in one of the towers. Inside were two SplashWings, one was a sapphire-blue like Puddle, a large bellied female, probably about to lay eggs, and the other was a lean, grayish light blue male with phosphorescent scales dotting his wings, tail, and talons and dark, seaweed-green eyes like Puddle.

“Are you, Dolphin and Stingray?” Puddle asked.

*~*8*~*

“Yes, I am Dolphin.” Dolphin, the sapphire female said.

“I am Stingray. You are?” Stingray, the grayish blue male said.

“Sir, ma’am, this dragonet says she is your daughter that was stolen by the Wings of Safety.” The guard said.

“Yes, ok, thank you Flipper.” Dolphin said, waving a dismissive talon at the guard.

“So, little dragonet, what’s your name?” Dolphin asked.

“Puddle,” Puddle said.

“That is a nice name, Love.” Dolphin said sweetly.

“Thank you, Mother.” Puddle said happily.

Dolphin nodded and smiled. “I’m very happy to meet you, daughter.” She said.

“Me too!” Puddle said, bounding into her mother’s open wings. They embraced each other for a minute.

Dolphin twitched. “Seaweed Cake? Mom needs to go somewhere for a minute.” She said. “Coral Sugar, can we talk in private?” She whispered to Stingray. Then they shuffled out of the room.

~*~

Stingray, Flipper and another female, grayish-pink SplashWing entered the pale green room. “Dolphin has to be gone for a couple of hours.  This is Angelfish.” Stingray said, gesturing at the thin SpashWing.

She was a very pretty, grayish pink, with her phosphorescent scales on only her wingtips, toes, the top of her snout, and dotted along her tail. Her wings were the shiniest things Lucky had ever seen. Her eyes gleamed like the sun reflecting off a crystal blue lake.

Angelfish twitched her wings back and said: “I am Angelfish.  Angelfish wants to know who you are.” She said.

“I’m Puddle and these are my friends.” Puddle replied

“That is a nice name.  Angelfish is the Nursery caretaker; Angelfish is also pleased to meet you.” Angelfish said.

“So, where did Dolphin go?” Lucky asked.

“The Nursery.  She may take a while.” Angelfish answered.

~*~

After around an hour of talking and waiting, Angelfish said: “She is ready, want to go see her?”

“Yes please!” Puddle exclaimed.

They walked to a pale pink room at the bottom of the spire with a white eggshell-shaped dome in the middle of the room. Where is this? Lucky thought.

“Welcome to the Nursery.” Angelfish said.

As they walked into the room they were greeted with a blast of heat, and three separate doors.

“Which door-“ Puddle started.

“That one.” Angelfish said, pointing to the room labeled:

Dragonets & Eggs

They walked in and found a talonful of dragonets at the door that quickly ran off at the sight of Angelfish. “WangleFwesh! Wun!!!”

“Huwwy!! Huwwy!! Huwwy!!” except for one, who was a seaweed green, with grayish pink underwings, sapphire wings, and a light blue tail, and with his phosphorescent scales on the underside of his wings, jutting outward like a spray of water.  His horns were small stumps beginning to curl backwards.

“Why hello, Prince Seastorm,” Angelfish said.

“Hello, Miss A!” Prince Seastorm said happily, his tail wagging.

They walked over to the tall glass wall and leaped over it, the Prince following.  There they found many light blue, pink and green eggs.

Angelfish pointed to a light grayish-blue egg. “Puddle, meet your new little sister.”

*~*9*~*

Chapter 3

A Golden Reef

Puddle gasped. Aw, its cute! Lucky thought. Just then they heard a deafening CRACK, and Prince Seastorm squealed.  There was a very loud BOOM that echoed throughout the castle and two guards rushed in shouting: “GET ALL THE DRAGONETS OUT!!!” He bellowed.

The other one shouted: “GET THE EGGS!!”

“What’s happening?!” Angelfish asked.

“One of the spires fell!! We need to get all the dragonets and eggs out of the castle before the saltwater gets in!!” The female guard said.

“Guys, grab the eggs.” Angelfish said to them.

Puddle grabbed her sister’s egg and a grayish pink egg, Onyx grabbed a light blue egg a green egg and another light blue egg, Lucky grabbed a pinkish gray egg and a green egg, Kiwi grabbed a light green egg, Ozone grabbed a red tinted pink egg, BrightEyes grabbed the smallest egg there: a tiny light green egg and The Prince grabbed a pinkish blue egg. The guards and Angelfish grabbed the rest of them and the dragonets.

Lucky held the eggs and Prince close to her chest as she shot out the door and into the sea. Her wings shot outward and grabbed the closest upward current, rocketing upwards towards the sky and the dim, night sky light.

She shot out of the water in a blur of ruby red, sapphire blue, pale yellow, kiwi green, black and silver.

The air felt like boiling water being poured onto her face.  She held back a wince.  Ozone coughed and sputtered; Lucky blinked the saltwater out of her bloodshot eyes. “How long do we wait until we can check it out?” She asked.

“At least a couple hours.” Angelfish said. “Sorry.” She said, shrugging.

“So, what happened?” Kiwi asked the female guard, inching closer to her. “And what are your names?”

“I’m Beluga and that’s Hammerhead.” She said, pointing to the grayish blue male that was talking to Ozone.

“Oh, ok.” Kiwi said. Lucky held the Prince close as she glided towards Beluga and Kiwi.

“One of the spires fell because the sharks knocked it down.” Beluga said.

“That sounds terrible!” Lucky said.

“It is.” Beluga sighed.

Then, they heard a small crick and then a crack. “Uh… Guys?” Puddle asked, sounding destressed and

*~*10*~*

halting.

“Yeah?” Ozone asked.

“Oh.” He said, his eyes widening.

“Guys we have a problem!” Puddle shouted to the others.

Lucky glided over to see that the light grayish-blue egg had a crack in it. Uh oh, that doesn’t look good… Lucky thought.

“No, No, No, dragonet you stay in there. Don’t come out here yet. NO! STAY!!” Puddle shouted at it as the crack grew larger, a tiny talon broke through the eggshell and waggled at them then retreated into the egg.

Then came a giant CRACK as the dragonet rammed its head against the cracked eggshell. And finally A tiny, grayish blue head cracked its way through the hard eggshell, then, at last, the body broke free, sending tiny bits of slimy eggshell up at Puddle and outwards toward the surrounding Ozone, Lucky, The tiny Prince, Kiwi and Hammerhead.

“Blurb.” Burbled the dragonet sitting in the slimy mess, covered in tiny bits of eggshell.

She was a grayish-blue, with sapphire blue underwings that drooped, sapphire stumps for horns, her phosphorescent scales placed to look like constellations, Lucky had already spotted the big dipper on the back of one of her wings, and her face was the squishiest and cutest thing Lucky had ever seen on a dragonet.

“She looks kind of like a Seashell,” Puddle said, tilting her head.

“Yeah, she does.” Ozone said, smiling.

“I think that should be her name!” Puddle said.

“I Agree!” Ozone said, his smile inching across his face bit by bit.

They soon landed on an island on the north coast of the continent, with a sandy beach filled with palm trees and coconuts, and a small pine forest in the middle.

They put the eggs and dragonets down on the sandy beach. “You guys watch the eggs and dragonets. We’re going to get some leaves for a blanket.” Beluga said. The two guards scampered into the palm forest and Lucky saw them pull off some palm leaves from the trees.

“Guys, would you like to hear a story?” Angelfish asked the dragonets.

“Yes please,” Prince Seastorm said.

“Anything for you, Prince.” Angelfish said, bowing. The tiny Prince giggled.

“You don’t have to do that!” he said, between giggles.

“Once upon a time,” Angelfish said. “There was a lost continent, it was called ‘Ronstone’ it was the

*~*11*~*

home of four different types of dragons, the SongWings, the GlassWings, the HoodWings, the mystical, EchoWings, and the WatcherWings. This story is about a WatcherWing named Glimpse. She, like any other WatcherWing, stayed to the shadows, but one day she saw a female SongWing. Her name was Chant, and one day Glimpse walked out of the shadows and said hello. ‘Hello, fair mistress.’ Chant had said. ‘Hello,’ Glimpse had said. They had walked on the beach together for a little while until Chant said: ‘Would you like to hear a song?’ She asked. ‘Yes please!’ Glimpse said.”

“Chant had cleared her throat. And she started to sing.”

“‘Come along with me, and the butterflies and bees, we can wander through the forest, and do so as we please. Come along with me, to a cliff under a tree, where we can gaze upon the water as an ever-lasting dream. All-of my collections, I’ll share them all with you. Maybe by next summer, we won’t have changed our tune. I still want to be, with the butterflies and bees. Making up new numbers and living so merrily. All-of my collections, I’ll share them all with you. I’ll be here for you always, and always be with you. Come along with me, and the butterflies and bees, we can wander through the forest, and do so as we please. Living so merrily.’”

“Glimpse was so moved by her song that they became best friends. The End.” Angelfish said.

“That was amazing!” Lucky said. “I agree.” Prince Seastorm said.

“Stowy goo!” Seashell blurted.

The guards came back with coconuts and palm leaves. “Dig in.” Beluga said, handing them each a coconut.

Lucky sliced her claw through the tough coconut shell, clawed the coconut meat out of the shell, threw the shell into the ocean, and ate the coconut meat.

Yum. This is good. Lucky thought.

“This coconut is yummy.” Seastorm said, nibbling on the coconut meat.

“It really is,” Ozone said.

The guards took some string and the palm leaves and started to stitch together a palm blanket. They picked up the eggs one by one and moved them to a spot so they could put the palm blanket down.

They put the blanket down and placed the eggs on it. “Yim Yim!” said a female, pinkish-gray dragonet with a sapphire tail, tackling a light green egg with a sapphire underside.

~*~

After around one hour of eating, Dragonets squealing, and playing games, Beluga said. “The Spire should be removed. I think we can go back down now.” She said.

They walked to the beach and Beluga ran to get the palm blanket. The dragonets waded into the salt-water and splashed around a bit, then seven of them dipped their head into the water, probably going to test out their gills.

Beluga came back with a very heavy-looking, egg filled, palm blanket, and a very grumpy-looking Hammerhead.

She tied the ends of the palm blanket to her body and Hammerhead’s body. Hammerhead grumbled softly.

As they dived into the depths a lemon shark swam up to a sapphire dragonet with pinkish underwings, and they opened their mouth, almost to squeal, and Beluga swam up quickly and bared her teeth at the lemon shark.

Once they reached the castle Lucky saw that one of the spires had been broken off. But had later been removed.

As they swam up to the castle, a pinkish gray SplashWing came up to them and flashed something. Angelfish and Puddle flashed something back.

As they entered the castle, they saw that the Dragonets and eggs sign had been changed to:

STAY OUT

Queen’s Orders

“It must be serious if Queen Tsunami ordered everyone to stay out.” Beluga said.

“Yes, it is serious.” Said a voice from behind them.

They all turned to see a majestic sapphire dragon with pinkish underwings and horns,

“Q-Queen Tsunami!” Beluga and Angelfish yelped at the exact same time, quickly positioning their heads into a bow.

“No need for that.” Queen Tsunami said.

“Grandma!” Prince Seastorm cried happily, bounding into his grandma’s open wings.

“Hello Grandson.” Queen Tsunami said. Another dragon, the color of seaweed with pink talons walked up to them in long, graceful strides.

“Hello, Mother.” She said to Queen Tsunami.

“Hello Drifty.” Tsunami said,

“I told you I hated that name mother.” Princess Drift said, rolling her eyes.

Wow this is a lot of royalty. Thought Lucky.

“We should probably get going now, but it was nice to meet you all.” Puddle said, shifting on her talons.

“Ah, yes, I suppose you should, but please take this as a memory.” Princess Drift said, handing them each a piece of coral the color of gold. “Our Animus enchanted these to help you find lost things. I hope it helps you with your journey.”

“T-Thank you so much princess, we cannot thank you enough.” Puddle said, bowing.

The tiny prince and Seashell darted to Lucky’s leg, hugged it, and went back to his mother and to angelfish. “Bye-bye.” He said.

“I bid you farewell.” Queen Tsunami said.

And with that they were out the door and swimming upward towards the dark night sky.

*~*12*~*

Chapter 4

A Curling Flame

BLAZE

Oh, where are they? Blaze thought with worry, pacing across the burnt beach.

“Don’t worry, they’ll be here soon enough.” Buzz said.

“You aren’t helping.” Blaze said, shooting him a dangerous look.

Just then there was a burst from the water that sent droplets flying toward him and Buzz, landing on his scales and melting into steam. “Were baa-aa-ack!”  Kiwi sung.

“Is Lucky ok?!” Blaze shouted without thinking.

“Uh, yeah, she’s here.” Onyx said, looking at him funny. Lucky flew out from behind Onyx and Blaze leapt into the air and rushed to her side, the other dragons scrambling to get out of his path.

Lucky reared back just before collision with him. “Oh how I–“ Blaze said before realizing what he was saying. “I mean, I’m glad you all are ok.”

“Me too.” Ozone said.

They all flew down to the shore and Onyx asked. “Who’s family do we find now?”

“How about-“

Wait, what was that? It sounded like... Wingbeats? “GET DOWN!!!” Brighteyes shouted suddenly.

They all ran to the forest. But Blaze darted into the water, the water felt freezing after the heat of his own scales and the sun burning down on them. After a couple of seconds, he decided to surface to get some air and saw red, blue, and pale-yellow wings flying north towards the Wings of The Stars Mountain.

Is that a DuneWing with a CloudWing And a SplashWing? Are they part of the Wings of Safety? He thought. “Yeah, I heard he didn’t do so good with losing her.” The CloudWing said. Then, Blaze noticed a    third dragon, Is that a FreezeWing?! At this time of day?! He thought. Suddenly, he realized Lucky wasn’t fully in the forest and her tail had just slipped into the trees.

Did the FreezeWing see her? Blaze thought. Just then the FreezeWing opened his mouth, as to yell for the others and Blaze realized he might have seen her. He shot out of the water aiming straight for his neck and shot a burst of blisteringly hot flames at him and he screamed in agony, alerting the other three.

They swiftly spun around and darted through the sky to aid the injured FreezeWing, The SplashWing held him up and started flying north towards the Wings of The Stars Mountain range. The other two

*~*13*~*

started diving and shooting blasts of flame at him. Suddenly, Onyx, Lucky and Kiwi flew to his side and started ramming into the other dragons at full force, making them lose their balance and fire their flames off course.

The DuneWing stabbed his poisonous tail barb at Kiwi, it narrowly missed her heart and cut her shoulder, she cried out in pain and her wings started to falter and just before she fainted Onyx grabbed her and carried her to the beach.

The wounded Wings of Safety fled north to the mountains. They all hurried down to the beach to check On Kiwi, she was wounded and bleeding, but she was alive, just in quite a lot of pain.

“The juice of a Dune-sting cactus can heal this.” Kiwi said. “It can only be found in the desert, surrounding Queen Scorpio’s palace.”

“Then that’s where were headed next.” Lucky said.

“And maybe we can find my family.” Onyx said.

“I’ll stay here.” Buzz said.

~*~

They had used the palm blanket to carry Buzz and Kiwi because Kiwi was too injured to fly. The Dune Kingdom had been at least fourteen miles away. Once they were there, they landed next to the closest oasis they could see and got some palm logs, they used them and the palm blanket to make a stretcher.

They had walked for around an hour before the sun began to dive beneath the horizon and the three moons were creeping up the dark purple-blue sky. “I see a town!” Lucky shouted, running down her dune vantage point. Blaze scurried across the sand like a scared lizard to the dune. Lucky was right, there was a gray-tan town in the distance.

They all hurried for it, almost dropping Kiwi. “Excuse me, do you know where we could find a Dune-Sting cactus?” Lucky asked around.

Most Of the answers were “Nos” and “I Have No Ideas”. But There was one DuneWing who seemed very peculiar, she was wearing a hood and talked in whispers. “I know where to find Dune-Sting cacti, but at a price. My price: A piece of Golden Coral.” She whispered.

“We can pay your price, but you must take us to the cacti first.” Lucky said.

“What Is your name anyway?” Blaze asked.

“I, am Serpent, part of the royal court.” She said, flipping back her hood.

She was a pale orange with a sapphire embedded gold hoop earring that shone like the sun when it caught the light. Over the rest of her neck were many small scars and a large fresh cut where the tip of her other ear should be. There was one scar in particular that stood out, like a pool of blood on marble tiles, It was a scar on her cheek, it looked like someone had taken their claw and scratched dragon wings onto the space where her jaw met her skull. She looked like the scrolls had described her.

*~*14*~*

“So, where is this illusive Cacti?” Asked Puddle.

“Follow me children.” Serpent said.

~*~

They walked over the almost hot sand for around forty minutes, yelping a bunch along the way, until finally they reached a circle of lime green cacti that resembled the deformed shape of a scorpion’s stinger. “Here it is.” Serpent said. “My Golden Coral?” She said, beckoning it with her talon.

“Kiwi, can she have yours?” Ozone asked Kiwi.

“Sure…” Kiwi said weakly, reaching into a small pouch on her left leg and pulling out her piece of Golden Coral. Ozone grabbed it and handed it to Lucky.

Lucky handed the small, gleaming, pure golden piece of coral to Serpent. As soon as it was in her talons, Serpent shouted: “Now that you know the home of this forbidden cacti, YOU MUST DIE!!!!” She jumped back and curled her tail up over her head, hissing furiously,

Oh no…

“You tricked us!” Roared Onyx.

“Yes…I Tricked you into coming here to get what Queen Scorpio wanted: A Piece of Golden Coral.” Hissed Serpent. Lucky cut off a piece of cacti and squeezed a drip of the juice onto Kiwi’s shoulder, the green-ness of the cut went away but it was still there.

Onyx raised his tail above his head, ready to strike, Blaze jumped to his side, as well as Puddle, Ozone, and BrightEyes who were all sweating from the scorching sun. “Ha! Foolish dragonets, you cannot defeat me!!” Serpent roared. She jumped up; her tail poised high in the air. She hit the sand and ran towards them.

“Dragonets: ATTACK!!” Lucky roared.

They all started to sprint towards Serpent, fire ready, tails poised, claws sharpened. Onyx struck first, striking her left shoulder with his tail. She hissed in pain and fury.  Puddle struck next, slashing her claws across Serpent’s neck, giving her a new, bloody scar. Then Ozone flapped his giant wings, stirring up sand and making it difficult to see.  BrightEyes then ran through the many sand flecks and bit Serpent’s right wing, making a large tear. Serpent shrieked. Finally, Blaze struck, running head on through the dust and straight into Serpent’s chest, giving her a burn mark the size of his head straight on her torso. Then finally, they all struck together, scratching, biting, and firing flames, delivering the final blow.

Serpent collapsed onto the sand in a black, pale orange and bloody-red mess, making Blaze sick to his stomach. They grabbed her hood and cut it off her body, revealing many other bodily scars, probably from fighting other dragons who had also gotten tricked by her.

Blaze wondered how many dragons’ blood had been spilled on that sand. “Hey, guys, look at this.” Ozone said, taking something small, blue, shiny and star-shaped out of a pocket in the cloth.

*~*15*~*

“Oh! I read about these once, they’re called Star Dreams.  There were only three made and the Queen of the BrightWings and Queen of the MoonWings have the other two. This is a priceless artifact around a thousand years old!!” Kiwi said, excitedly, limping over to them.

“When someone you know is asleep, you can visit them in their dreams!” Onyx said.

“Ok then we are definitely keeping this!” Ozone said.

“Give it to me, I’ll put it in my pouch.” Kiwi said, reaching out her hand. Ozone handed it over and Kiwi put it in her pouch on her left leg.

Ozone reached further into the cloak until he pulled out several treasures:

A Ruby Dragon Skull. “The Solid Ruby Skull!”

A Dagger Made of Pure Glass. “The Dagger of a Thousand Glassed Deserts!”

A Golden Chest-plate, “The Armor of Pure Protection!”

And A Small Cage.  Inside was a tiny, silver bird. “T-The Bird of Peace!?” Kiwi shouted. “Here!?” The Bird fluttered around in its cage, trying to escape and fly for the sky, but the dragons around it spooked the bird into going back onto its perch. “How do we keep all this stuff?” Lucky asked.

“Give Them to me, I’ll make more pouches for some of you to carry the treasures.” Kiwi said. So, they handed over the treasures and Kiwi took out some leaves, string, buttons and needles and got to work stitching two pouches.

She had been hard at work for around twelve minutes before she was finished. She put the Solid Ruby Skull into a pouch and handed it to Ozone.

She put the Dagger of a Thousand Glassed Deserts into a pouch and handed it to Puddle. “Sweet!” Puddle said.

“I can’t fit the armor into a pouch, so we’ll just have to leave it here, Sorry.” Kiwi said, shrugging.

“Aww Man! But the armor was awesome!” Lucky complained.

“Let’s just get going.” Kiwi said, rolling her eyes.

“Kiwi let’s go find your family now.” Lucky said.

“Alright.” Kiwi said.

The sun was just setting as the three set off for the Jungle kingdom to find Kiwi’s family.

All I can do is just go with the flow and hope for the best.

*~*16*~*

Chapter 5

The Jungle of Terror

Kiwi

As she flew Kiwi wondered if her parents would love her for who she was. “Uh, Guys, I’m just going to uh, stop here because, you know… the fire?” Blaze said at the edge of the Forest of Vines.

“Ok then, bye Blaze.” Kiwi said.  As they flew into the Rainforest Kiwi’s stomach grumbled. “I’m Hungry.” She said.  She yawned. “I’m Tired.”

“Maybe we should stop for a little while and rest then.” Lucky said.

“Yeah.” Said Ozone.

So, they stopped at a small river clearing to rest, and while Puddle caught tiny fish on the muddy bank of the stream Kiwi went and picked fruit from the nearby mango trees. She sliced them open with her claws and ate the meat inside.

The others ate the fish Puddle had caught and then went to sleep. Kiwi did not, she shot up onto the canopy, avoiding stray branches and dodging through vines. Once she was at the top, she sat down on a sturdy branch and looked up.  The stars were just blinking to life and she realized how much she liked looking at them, flashing up in the deep, dark purple sky where the three moons were just creeping onto the horizon from the depths of space.

Kiwi took in a deep breath of fresh air and dove back down into the foliage. She found a spot next to the river but not on the bank and fell asleep.

The next morning Kiwi picked a ripe bunch of bananas and popped them into her mouth. “Alright let’s get going.” She said.

As they lifted into the air Kiwi swore she saw a tail slip into the underbrush.

They had been flying for around fifteen minutes when she thought of a brain poisoning thing, what if my parents are dead? She shivered and pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

WHISTLE……crick Thunk

WHISTLE……Crick Thump

WHISTLE……Click Thumbp

WHISTLE……Chink Tunk

WHISTLE……Crack Thud

“Guys, I’m feeling a little woozy…” Ozone said, his large wings starting to falter.

*~*17*~*

“Same over here….” Onyx said, Kiwi looked back and saw that all the others’ wings had begun to falter, causing their flight to be a little wobbly and unsteady. Kiwi turned back and almost flew straight into a low hanging green python.  She swerved around and, in the process did a front flip which disorientated her.  Once she steadied her wings, she heard a faraway Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump. She Gasped. The others! She thought.

She dove to where she heard the thumping. “Guys!? If you’re trolling me, it isn’t funny!!” She yelled; Only silence answered.

She pricked her ears, what was that?

Scrrrrrapee

Scrapppppe

Ssssscrapeee

Scraaaaaaaaape

Scccccccccrappe

And…wingbeats?

She shot up and wove through tree by tree following the scraping noise and the wing beats.  She soon burst into a large village with many other VineWings flying all around, ducking into leaf homes, and under vines.

Holy Three Moons. “Excuse me, do you know where my friends are; A DuneWing, SplashWing, CloudWing, BrightWing, MoonWing?” Kiwi asked a pink VineWing with dark green horns. She pointed to a platform over to the left. “Thank you!” Kiwi said as she flew swiftly to her friends’ side.

Her friends were blinking groggily. There were two other VineWings escorting them to what looked like a healer’s hut. She finally remembered what she was here for. “Excuse me, do you know where I can find my parents?” Kiwi asked one of the healers taking in Puddle. The healer pointed to a large hut made from dark green vines and leaves, dappled with small colorful flowers and tiny parakeets.

She flew to it and saw a sign that read: Venom Reading. Venom reading? What’s that? Kiwi thought. She went inside to find many blackened leaves with names on them. “I’m looking for my parents.” Kiwi said to a Cyan VineWing in front of the door.

“Ok, come with me.” He said. “Venom shoot this leaf.” He said, holding up a leaf with the name Dart-frog imprinted on it.

“Venom shoot?” Kiwi asked. “Please don’t tell me you don’t know how to Venom shoot.” The VineWing said. Kiwi shook her head. The VineWing sighed. “Ok, this is how you venom shoot…” he said.

So, Kiwi learned how to shoot her venom, how to aim properly, and how to control the amount of venom she spat.

“I’m Parakeet by the way.” The Cyan VineWing said.

*~*18*~*

“I’m Kiwi.” Kiwi said. She venom shot the leaf with a few drips of venom at the leaf and it started to bubble and glow, finally the leaf had a small jagged round hole in the middle of it.

“Now we know that your mother is Dart-Frog so your father must be… Canopy! Lets just test to be sure.” Parakeet said, getting out a leaf that read Canopy she venom shot it and it too became a leaf with a hole in it. “Canopy is in the hut up and three huts to the right of here. Thank you for visiting!” Parakeet said.

“Bye Parakeet, I’ll see you soon.” Kiwi said, smiling. She raced out of the hut and into the air, she flew one hut up and three huts to the right, like Parakeet had said. “Hello, Mom, Dad?” She asked, moving aside the moss curtain in the doorway.

“Who is it?” Asked a deep but kind voice from a room to the left.

“I’m Kiwi, I was told that you are my mother ore father?” Kiwi said, inching to the room. A pink RainWing with deep blue, knowing, wise old eyes that stared into hers burst through the curtain and embraced her.

“Oh, honey fruit, your home!” He said.

“Who are you?” Kiwi asked, pulling away from the bright pink stranger.

“Why, I’m your father, Canopy!” He said, fluttering his wings.

“D-Dad?” Kiwi stuttered. “Dad!” She shouted, leaping into his arms.

“Sugar Gecko, who is it?” said a feminine but demanding voice from the room Kiwi’s father had come from.

“Our Daughter, mango pie, come in here!” Canopy shouted to the unknown female in the other room. The tap, tap, tap, of sharp cawed talons approaching made Kiwi shiver. A lean, purple and yellow RainWing walked into the room wearing a calla lily necklace.

“Hello, I’m Dart-Frog.” She said with a disgusted look. “Kids! Come down here!” Dart-Frog shouted to a short set of stairs. Down tumbled two VineWings, one was a happy Magenta and the other was a frantic mix of gray, deep purple and green. They were quickly scurrying to their feet while a last VineWing landed gracefully on the last step of the stairs, she was a mix of pink, yellow and blue.

“Mother, Father.” Said the pink, yellow and blue VineWing, bowing and fading to a lighter shade of violet.

“Other child this is Anaconda,” Dart-Frog said, nodding to the violet VineWing. “This is Mosquito,” she nodded to the panicked one. “And this is Hibiscus.” She said, with a revolted tone on the word ‘hibiscus’ and nodding to the happy magenta VineWing.

“Hello…” Anaconda and mosquito both sneered at the same time.

“Hi!” Hibiscus said with enthusiasm.

*~*19*~*

“Anaconda, Mosquito, will you come over here for a second.” Dart-Frog said, walking into what looked like the kitchen. Kiwi heard Dart-Frog whisper: “The other child looks like trouble, so be wary.” And then came back out of the room.

“What’s your name?” Asked both anaconda and Hibiscus.

“Kiwi.” Kiwi said.

“Welcome to our home Kiwi! I’m so glad to finally have a sister who likes me!” Hibiscus said, flinging her wings around Kiwi, squeezing her tight.

Another VineWing poked his snout through the moss-door. “Pitch Panther four down, beware.” He said, then rushed off to the next hut.

“What, or who is the Pitch Panther?” Kiwi asked.

“Oh, it’s this panther That’s been attacking our village since he’s got no meat to eat in the forest because he ate it all.” Hibiscus said, her happy smile drooping to a frown and her color fading from magenta to gray.

“Well, let’s go kill it!” Kiwi said, flaring her wings.

“No. no, no! It’s much too dangerous!” Canopy said, shaking his head.

“Come on Dad, we’ll be fine, stop worrying so much.” Hibiscus said.

“Oh, Alright I suppose.” Kiwi’s dad said, turning a fearful shade of green.

“Don’t worry dad, we’ll be back before you know it.” Kiwi said, hugging him with Hibiscus.

They left the hut and Kiwi started to fly towards the Healer’s hut to get her friends with Hibiscus trailing not far behind her. “Why are we going over here?” Hibiscus asked just as they touched down on the platform.

“To get my friends, you’ll love them.” Kiwi replied, pulling away the moss curtain to find Onyx, Ozone and Puddle awake and Lucky, and BrightEyes still asleep on cots.

“Who’s this?” Puddle asked, tilting her head to the right.

“I’m Hibiscus!” Hibiscus said.

“I’m Onyx, and this is Puddle and Ozone.” Onyx said.

“You guys up for an adventure, and possibly killing a panther?” Kiwi asked her friends.

“Uh, Yeah!” Ozone said.

“Alright, Let’s get going!” Kiwi said turning a delightful shade of pink.

They ran out the curtains and jumped into the air, and Kiwi asked Hibiscus where the panther was. “Their den is right below us and a little to the left.” She said. Riiiiight…. Kiwi thought as a few small hummingbirds played chase around her head. They swooped down to the ground and softly touched

*~*20*~*

down on the squishy, wet underbrush. Kiwi saw what looked like a giant panther’s den.

“Let me guess, that’s it’s den?” Kiwi said. Hibiscus nodded. A low growl came from behind them. They turned to see what must have been the biggest Panther in all Sahrani. It was almost as big as they were! It growled again, low, hungry and menacing. Kiwi and Hibiscus bared their fangs, ready to shoot. Onyx raised his tail over his head, ready and poised to strike, Puddle’s claws were sharpened and Ozone’s fire blazing in his throat. “And… GO!” Kiwi shouted. Onyx ran forward and stabbed at the panther, his tail missed his heart, but it sliced a clean, deep cut across the panther’s left leg. The panther howled and kicked Onyx into a tree where he hit the tough trunk with a THUMP Kiwi and Hibiscus both shot at the same time, hitting the cut on its leg and its  back, it’s fur started to bubble grotesquely.

The panther lunged at Kiwi, knocking her to the floor, suddenly, Ozone blasted out a fireball, just missing its tail and burning two hairs to cinders, the panther yelped and leaped off Kiwi. Puddle leaped at the panther, slashing her claws across its hindquarters, making blood slowly bubble out. The panther finally decided to limp away to find someone else to mess with and leave the village alone.

Hibiscus started whooping, cheering, leaping, and turning into a happy galaxy of different shades of joyous pink. Onyx slid off the trunk of the tree and limped over to the others. BaWoooooooo! Called a horn to the north of the panther’s den. “that horn means someone’s challenging for the throne, I don’t want to miss that!” Hibiscus says excitedly, hopping up into the air and soaring up back to the village.

Kiwi jumped up into the air with the others and started to fly back up to the village, she followed the bright pink galaxy that was Hibiscus up to a large arena and sat down beside her. Two VineWings flew down from an overhead tree branch, one was mango-y orange and yellow, and the other was an Orchid purple with distinctive green eyes that flashed when they caught the light.

“That’s Princess Orchid, and Queen Mango.” Hibiscus said, pointing to the two VineWings who had landed softly in the middle of the arena.

“Regular match, no venom, Ready, Set, Challenge!” Said a tall male VineWing that was the color of passionfruit.

“Orchid, I don’t want to hurt you!” Queen Mango said to Princess Orchid.

“Me neither, but it had to happen at some point!” Princess Orchid said.

Kiwi watched them circle each other and she watched Queen Mango leap onto Orchid’s back, slash her haunches and leap away again. Orchid opened her mouth and closed it again. Orchid sprung for Mango and Mango hurtled out of the way just in time to see Orchid bolt into the edges of the arena and ram her skull into the vines.

Mango launched herself at Orchid and pined her onto the floor, she seized this chance to scrape Orchid’s face with her claws, Orchid screeched. Mango kicked off her with her hind talons, scratching Orchid’s left shoulder.

Kiwi couldn’t bare to watch the fight any longer. “Alright, alright STOP!!” She shouted. Everything paused. Kiwi flew into the center of the ring, took a deep breath.

*~*21*~*

“Please don’t fight, I believe it was once said that everyone has their own reasons to fight, but I ask you, what is more powerful, this,” Kiwi looked like she was about to scratch Mango. “Or this?” She shook talons with Mango. Slow applause started to arise in the crowd, then it grew into a roar of clapping Talons and yells of approval.

“You’re right, this fight is not productive, I will have you be awarded a medal of honor for saving me, and my daughter.” Queen Mango said.

Kiwi got her medal and thanked the Queen. Then she headed to the healer’s hut to retrieve her other friends. She got them and finally started to soar to her last destination, her family’s hut, with her friends and Hibiscus.

“Goodbye Father.” Kiwi said as she wrapped her wings around Canopy. “Goodbye Mother.” She said, shaking talons with Dart-Frog. “Goodbye Siblings.” She said, flinging her wings around her siblings as far as they would go.

“I love you honey fruit.” Canopy said, with tears in his eyes.

“Bye Kiwi.” Said Kiwi’s mother and siblings.

“I love you Kiwi, don’t stop being you.” Hibiscus said, smiling with tears dripping down her cheek.

“You too.” Kiwi said, squeezing Hibiscus tight.

Kiwi walked to the door as did the others, she looked up into the air and into the unknown, leaped into the pink painted sky and as the others flew ahead of her she turned and saw her whole family waving to her, smiles on their tear streaked faces.

Her eyes welled up with tears, she waved back as tears started to drip down her cheek

If I could change the past, I wouldn’t change a thing.

And she started to fly towards the future.

*~*22*~*

Chapter 6

The Sky’s Limit

Ozone

Kiwi caught up to the others eventually, and they went to find Blaze, he was near the edge of the Jungle Kingdom.

“You won’t believe the adventure we’ve had, Blaze.” Ozone said, “There was this panther and blow-darts and, and…” Ozone trailed off.

“It sounds awesome, but can you tell me about it later?” Blaze said, jumping up to join the others.

“Ok, Let’s go Find Onyx’s Family Since it’s the closest.” Lucky said, starting to fly to the Dune Kingdom.

As they flew Ozone Spotted an Oasis below them. “Guys, stop for a moment please.” He said.

“Ok.” Lucky said, halting so Onyx rammed into her back.

“Ack!” Onyx said, rearing back and blushing.

“Puddle will you come with me?” Onyx said. “We’ll catch up with you guys later.”

“Ok, see you soon I guess.” Lucky said, waving, turning, and winging to the city with Kiwi, Onyx, Brighteyes and Blaze.

Ozone flew down to the oasis with Puddle and they sat next to each other. “So, Puddle I’ve been meaning to tell you, we’ve been friends for so long and I-I Think I’m in love with you!” Ozone said, blushing hardly.

“I-I, Uhm,” Puddle stuttered, blushing. “I Love you too?” Puddle said.

“R-Really?” Ozone asked, bewildered.

“Y-Yeah?” Puddle said.

Ozone took Puddle by the arms and hugged her fiercely.

“But, L-Like a Brother!” Puddle said.

Ozone let her out of his embrace, and he felt like his flame inside had died, his tears clogged his vision and his heart was broken. Ozone let out a sad, soft squeak.

“I’m sorry, You Have always Just been like a brother to me, you going to be ok?” Puddle asked punching him playfully in the arm.

“Yeah I guess so.” Ozone said, wiping his eyes.

“Alright then let’s go meet the others.” Puddle said.

*~*23*~*

They opened their wings and with two strong strokes up and down they were up and off. They soared over lots of sand, warmed by the afternoon sun.

It’s ok if she doesn’t feel the same about me, there are other dragons out there. Heh, right. Ozone thought to himself as they flew. In about one minute of flying they saw the shining, inky black shape winging towards them. Lucky! Ozone thought, as she approached Ozone and Puddle, she noticed them, waved, and turned around back towards the sandstone city.

As they Landed they saw the others with three other Dunewings, one a Pale yellow with spectacles – Onyx’s color – One a pale orange with a large copper horn ring, the same color as the third who had one small arm band studded with small round balls of gold on his upper left forearm.

“Welcome home son!” Said the pale orange with the horn ring. The smaller orange dragon with the armband rolled his eyes. “I am Quicksand, your Father, this is Drought, your Mother” Quicksand said, gesturing at the pale orange Dragon with the spectacles. “And this is Scorch, your older Brother.” Quicksand said, moving his talon towards the dragon with the armband.

“Woah…” Onyx said under his breath. “I’m Onyx, and this is Kiwi, Lucky, Ozone, Puddle, Brighteyes, and Blaze, My friends.” Lucky and Brighteyes waved shyly.

“Now we can get to Training!” Quicksand said.

“Training?” Ozone asked.

“Yes training!” Quicksand said.

“What kind of Training?” Onyx asked.

“Training so that you’ll be ready to fight in Queen Scorpio’s army Of course!” Quicksand said. “All the males fight in the Army in this family!” He said, smiling.

“What?” Onyx asked.

“Army Training!” Quicksand said.

“I’m sorry Dad but I need to save the world with my friends, I don’t have time for the Army, but after I save the world, I might have time.” Onyx said.

“Come on Son, I’m Sure you have time!” Quicksand said.

“No, Dad I really don’t.” Onyx Said, shaking his head.

“Honey, let it go, He clearly doesn’t have time.” Drought said. Quicksand Grumbled unhappily.

Just then there was a shout: “The dragonets of the prophecy!! Get Them!!”

“Yikes!” said Lucky.

“Eek!” Brighteyes said.

They Jumped up to get airborne and swooped their wings down, flying upwards and soaring to the right,

*~*24*~*

Towards the mountains.

They dove into a forest, but blaze aimed for the mountain. And Ozone found himself thinking what if the guards had caught us? Would they have killed us? Would they have sent us back to the Wings of Safety? Maybe.

They waited in the trees for about half an hour before the wingbeats faded. “Ok, I think they’re gone.” Kiwi said, materializing in the center of the small clearing they had landed by.

“Ok, Cool.” Puddle said, her Sapphire Body emerging from the vast forest around Ozone’s tree.

“Well I suppose we can’t go back to the Sand City, Sorry Onyx.” Lucky said.

“It’s Ok.” Onyx said. “I didn’t want to go to Army training anyways.” He said, letting out a soft chuckle.

“So, Who’s Family are we looking for next?” Ozone Asked.

“Uh, Brighteyes?” Lucky said.

“Yeah!” Brighteyes said, her eyes shining.

“Ok, Then It’s settled, we are going to find Brighteyes’ family then.” Lucky said.

“Yay!!” Brighteyes shouted happily.

“Let’s go get Blaze then.” Lucky said.

They climbed the highest tree, opened their wings and leaped into the air, heading south, towards the mountain Blaze had aimed for.

As they approached it, they saw that a portion of the snow on the top of it had been melted. Yup, that’s Blaze’s trail alright. Ozone thought, so they swooped for it. They landed and followed the trail to a large cave in the side of the Mountain and sure enough there was Blaze, just sitting and smiling at them.

Lucky explained that they were going to find Brighteye’s family. “Oh ok.” Blaze said.

“Then let’s go.” Lucky said.

Ozone and the others ran out of the cave and leaped off the side of the mountain, flying upwards and scanning the land, Puddle was the first to notice the black MoonWing palace, starting to wing towards it.

Lucky and the others followed her, and Ozone thought to himself I wonder what my parents will be like Ozone decided he wanted to do some tricks, so he did a spin and a spiral in the air. His stomach grumbled hungerly. “I’m hungry.” Ozone said to Lucky.

“Ok, we can stop for a moment and grab a snack.” Lucky said, veering to the side into the forest and everyone followed. They landed in a clearing next to a small stream with a few boulders.

There was a large bunny having a drink and so Ozone dove onto it and bit it’s head off and swallowed the rest of it, he was still hungry. There was a herd of deer about a mile away, so they flew to then and they each dove onto one except Puddle, who stayed at the stream and fished.

*~*25*~*

They burned the deer and ate them.

Puddle ate her fish and they got a drink so with full stomachs they took off and headed towards the Moon kingdom, and towards Brighteyes’ family.

*~*26*~*

Chapter 7

The Moon’s Kingdom

Onyx

Onyx wondered what the Moon kingdom looked like after they had been flying for around forty minutes.

~*~   

He saw it. It was large, it was pearly black, it had three spires, two on the sides, and one in the back, they had silver cone-shapes on the tops, and the tips of the cones had sphered at the top which were the color of the night sky: dark, deep purple, and spotted with white.

“Woah…” Lucky whispered under her breath, grabbing a large updraft and soaring above all the others.

“Yeah, woah is right.” Onyx said.

“I can’t believe my family lives there.” Brighteyes said.

“Me neither.” Said Puddle.

“Guys I’m tired.” Said Kiwi and Blaze at the same time.

“I’m not.” Ozone said, smirking.

They all took a dive for the large metal gate at the front of the castle, Ozone, Lucky, Onyx, and Puddle landed silently but Kiwi and Blaze landed awkwardly Kiwi probably because her wings were tired, and Blaze because he had to land on the rocky terrain about five feet away from the smooth, granite pathway so he didn’t burn the others.

“I have no words.” Brighteyes said.

“Me neither.” Onyx said, looking up at the beautiful pearly black castle. “Except, let’s go in and see what happening.” He said, trotting towards the gate, and rattling the metal.

“Locked, Typical.” Brighteyes said, inspecting the locks.

“I can try to burn through the metal.” Blaze said, walking up to the gate.

“I’m surprised there isn’t a guard here.” Ozone said, looking around with a scaly eyebrow raised.

“You can try but that looks like Fire-proof steel.” Puddle said, touching the metal carefully, examining the slightest rust.

“Alright.” Blaze said, walking up to the metal, it melted like ice in the desert. “Neat.”  He said, stepping back.

“Ok, now where are you’re parents?” Lucky asked Brighteyes.

*~*27*~*

“I have no idea.” Brighteyes said, shrugging. Lucky sighed deeply.

“Ok then, let’s go ask the princess, or queen or whoever.” Lucky said, rubbing her temples. So, they went into the castle and immediately heard music coming from somewhere then Onyx was confused for a moment then he remembered, there is only a festival once a year on the queen’s birthday. Oh, three moons. He thought.

“Guys, they only hold a festival with this many dragons every year on the queen’s birthday, I think we should wait until tomorrow.” Kiwi said.

“No, If this is the festival then that means that there will be lots of Dragons, and one of those dragons is the queen, so if we go in, we might find the Queen, or we might just find Brighteye’s parents, who’s with me?!” Lucky said, putting a talon around Brighteye’s shoulders.

“Yeah!” Brighteyes said, pumping a fist.

“I can’t argue with that.” Onyx said, trotting over to sit next to Lucky, and he twined his tail around hers, being careful not to poke her with his tail barb.

“Sure, I can work with that.” Kiwi said, walking over to sit next to Brighteyes and Onyx swore her saw Kiwi twine her tail around Brighteyes’ tail and She blushed, he now thought that maybe over all the time they had spent together that Kiwi had developed feelings for Brighteyes, I mean, how could you not, she was super sweet and small for her age, considering they were all the same age.

“Ok.” Ozone said, coming to sit next to Onyx, so that the last person there was Blaze.

“I’m not sure about this.” Blaze said, rubbing his arm with one talon.

“Come on, you dork.” Kiwi said, gesturing to him to get over there, Blaze chuckled and trotted to the side around three feet away from Kiwi, Onyx was around two feet away from Kiwi, but he could still feel Blaze’s warmth from around five feet away.

“So, what now?” Ozone asked Lucky.

“Well we need to get in but the MoonWings don’t like BrightWings So I got to be careful.” Lucky said, rubbing the back of her neck.

“Well shoot.” Kiwi Said.

“It’ll be fine, you just need to look for a Moonwing with a crown or some MoonWing that looks like Brighteyes Ok?” Lucky said.

“Ok.” Everyone said together.

just then Onyx noticed that She still had the burn marks from hugging Blaze on her talons and part of her neck.

So, they all walked into the palace, in search of Brighteyes’ parents with no hope to find them but with the knowledge that they were here.

*~*28*~*

Once they were inside Onyx wondered if the Queen would be upset if some random dragonets came up asking where some other dragons were. “Where shall we look first?” Blaze asked from five feet away.

“The Courtyard.” Kiwi said, pointing a claw towards where the music was coming from. So, they walked up to the corner, and Brighteyes poked her head around the corner.

“I see who the queen might be but I’m not quite sure.” Brighteyes said, Kiwi scratched her head.

“Oh, I can change my scales to match the surroundings and go scout ahead.” Kiwi said, her tail already shading to match her background.

“Good Idea!” Lucky said.

“Come back in two minutes or less if possible.” Onyx said.

“Yeah.” Ozone said.

“Ok, Be back in a second.” Said the blank space in front of them. Then they heard quiet talons slipping around the corner.

After around three minutes Kiwi still had not materialized in front of all of them and Onyx started to worry weather she was captured or not. So He decided to peek around the corner to spot the distinctive shape and color of Kiwi in the crowd of Black, she was pinned to the wall by two burly Moonwings and a quite regal looking, tall Moonwing with a large golden, diamond-studded crown on her horns, most likely the Queen, she told the burly Moonwings something and the three of them slid down stairs in an opening covered by vines.

“Guys, Kiwi has been Taken By the queen and two soldiers.” Onyx said, recoiling his head from around the corner.

“Three Moons.” Puddle Said, rubbing her temples.

“Well, Let’s Go After her then!” Lucky said, leaping up into the air.  Onyx and the others followed them. Onyx flew down the Angled, vine covered corridor as the others followed. He thought he heard Ozone hit his wing on the entrance but make a swift recovery. They Landed in a long hallway studded with torches and cells barred off by Fireproof metal bars.

“Guys!” Kiwi Said from one of the cells. They all raced over to it. “Help Me!” Kiwi Said.

“I’ll Burn it!” Ozone said, making a sound that means fire is about to shoot. Kiwi Stood away from the fire ready Ozone. A large fireball burst from his throat and hit the bars but did nothing. “What?!” Ozone said, Surprised.

“It’s Fireproof you scavenger brained CloudWing.” Puddle said, flicking him on the snout. Puddle Pulled at the bars with no avail. “And There stuck in Pretty Good Too.” Kiwi nodded

“Those guards and the Queen Are Still down here, Be Careful.” Kiwi Said quietly, pointing further down the hall where Onyx could now her the chatter of Dragons.

“And make Sure They Get It Right. No Fooling Around Is That Clear?” Said a Feminine but powerful

*~*29*~*

and commanding Voice from Around a bend at The End of The Hallway.

“Yes Madame, Crystal Clear.” Echoed a Masculine Voice.

“Is There Any Keys?” Onyx asked quickly, franticly finding a Keyhole.

“Yes, but The Guards Have Them.” Kiwi Said.

“I Guess we are going to have to kick some Sorry Guard tail.” Onyx said, raising his stinger above his head.

“Yeah.” Lucky Said, getting into a fight-ready pose. Ozone, Puddle and Brighteyes Jumped into fighting poses as well.

The Guards Turned into the hall, noticed the dragonets, and yelled: “What Are You Doing here?!” Here We Go… Onyx Thought.

Onyx Hissed, Ozone made The Fire-Ready Sound and Puddle Growled. “Dragonets, ATTACK!” Lucky Yelled, charging at the guards as the others followed. The Guards Charged Back.

One Guard Rammed into Puddle and Ozone, Knocking Them Away And making Ozone Fire His Flames off course into the wall. Onyx Sliced the Second Guard’s leg and he stumbled. The First Guard pinned Puddle and Ozone, leaving only Onyx, Lucky and Brighteyes. The First Guard threw Puddle and Ozone into the Cell like dead meat as Lucky scratched the second guard across the eye, making him blind. He Stumbled Around Blindly, Trying to Find the Wall.

The First Guard Tackled Brighteyes and Onyx, then threw them into The Cell as Well, Leaving Lucky by herself. As the First Guard Tackled Lucky, She Blasted A Flame at His Face, it hit his cheek and he roared in pain.

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!” Shouted the Unmistakable Voice of The Queen, echoing throughout the hallway, Followed by Thundering Talon steps. Oh No… Thought Onyx as The Guard Threw Lucky Into the Cell.

“Your majesty, We Found These Dragonets trying to Free the VineWing Prisoner, So We Captured them.” Said the First Guard as the Second guard Bowed in the wrong direction.

“Ugh...” Said the Queen, Taking Out A Dagger and Stabbing the Second Guard. “He Was Useless anyways.” She Said to A Surprised First Guard. “Let the Prisoners Starve, we have No Use for Them.” She Said, Gesturing to the cell.

“Y-Yes ma’am.” Said the Second Guard, Putting the Keys for The Cell Up on their Hook.

Well, There Goes Our Chance for getting out of here.

*~*30*~*

my hand are tired

also this might just be a WoF Copy thing

kill me please

• Love 1