Stray Fawn Community

(Signups CLOSED!) Secret Niche Art Santa 2020 🎨🎄🎅🎁 (Signups and Rules)

Sky

It's that time of year.

Secret Santa time.

1637705398_santamermer(4).gif.6d17cd67167a1550c9c3a3995e8a6e34.gif

1. Comment below if you'd like to a be a Secret Santa and recipient. With this comment, include a picture of the nicheling you'd like drawn, as well as any info you can give about them (genes, personality, differences from photo).
  1. Signups end the 17th! (We'll need all the time we can get to do the art.)
  2. I will use a random generator to pair participants. (I will not be a participant.)
  3. I will pm everyone with their recipient's name, nicheling and info.
  4. Everyone makes their art. It can be traditional, digital, pixel, a sculpture, whatever you want; animation, gif, anything! Do not sign your art or post it on any platform, including the forums.
  5. Everyone PMs their art to me.
  6. On or near December 25th (my schedule may cause delays), or when everyone is finished, I will post the finished art with the recipient's name. The Santas will remain Secret. Do not make guesses yet.
  7. On January 1st, everyone may make their guess on who was their Secret Santa. Secret Santas may confirm or deny these guesses. Please wait for your recipient to guess you and then confirm the guess rather than announce that you were so-and-so's santa. 
  8. If your recipient has made a correct guess and you confirmed, you may post your art to other places (DA, Fanart section, etc). You may also sign the art. (If you'd like your signed art used instead of the unsigned version if posted elsewhere by other people, just say so.)
  9. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ❤️❤️❤️ 

IMPORTANT

Like last year, we will have Volunteers, but with a new name: Emergency Santas (ESs). ESs will make art for anyone whose Secret Santa did not finish or submit their art by the release date. (If the Secret Santa submits their art later, it will still be posted without the Secret Santa's name being revealed.) ESs need to be able to quickly make art. This Emergency Art (EA) does not need to be of the same quality of the official art; EA is just so everyone can receive something at the same time. ESs can also be a regular Santa at the same time.

Just ask if you'd like to be an Emergency Santa.

Emergency Santas: @Sky, @Spottedfire, @A Nicheling, @Flower, @Chicken-duck-woman-thing

TIPS

-Try out a new style or a style you haven't revealed before. It will be harder to guess the Secret Santas.
-You can ask me for a critique if you want. This would be especially helpful if you're trying a brand new style and you're not sure if it's good. Just tell me what level of critiquing you want: Light, Medial or Heavy.
-Don't start a big project. Go with something simple, like a headshot, to give yourself time to finish and not be rushed.

(and yeah I used my mod powers to pin this, it's an annual festivity that involves most of the Niche forumers, and everyone needs to see it!!)

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 4

Yes, I will like to join!

My nicheling is Adam the Second.

722BAB0F-8B0C-4832-B306-9549DD335A39.thumb.jpeg.75b74e8035c087bca07e298110d311ec.jpeg

He is from an old photo so I don’t have his genes, but he has small stripes, if you want you can make him with double runner leg. 
He is the president of New Nicheling Republic and is a shy but friendly Nicheling.

• Like 1

• Sky changed the title to Secret Niche Art Santa 2020 🎨🎄🎅🎁 (Signups and Rules)

Count me in! :)

Here's Rubi

Rubi.thumb.PNG.5047469a50bfdd955c58fa2d5d376edb.PNG

She's pretty friendly and levelheaded. A bit distant and aloof, but means well

Edited by TundraKitsune
Adding short personality blurb
  • Like 1

I'm in! I can also be an emergency santa.

Here's my boi Tomato Soup

kuva.png.e54c317e4921291ca448c8e12cdf99a5.pngimage.png.17e4aa5a906c6824395b1a09c8faf768.png

He likes digging even though he doesn't have the genes for it. Can my santa give him reindeer antlers or a bowl of warm tomato soup?

• Like 1

Bean called Ora

and I wanna make people happy with draw. 

image.jpg

They have lil gems and blue feathers hanging from their antlers. Smol quiet bean. Quirky but sweet. Way too observant for their own good, but loves it that way. Would totally love blueberries if they existed in this world. And honey, too. You'll probably find them staring off into space (which usually happens to be someone's face, but let's ignore that fact for their sake)

not going to lie i might just draw everyone's nichelings alongside the main one hope you dont mind i have too much free time and also i wanna make people happy. 

• Like 2

I'll like to join, thanks.

1538231129_Raraolder.thumb.png.2ae0a1d2a361c74561f1a31bb2c21aa3.png

This is Rara. Her name literally means cute and sweet. This also describes her well as she's the silent friendly type. Growing up in the jungle was hard as most of her genes made it hard for her to fit in among her peers making her a bit of an outcast. She enjoys her jungle fruit and avoided the poison berries her mother always tries to feed her (Her mum has poison fangs so she just can't understand why her daughter doesn't enjoy them like she does, so she's not trying to kill her)

Her favorite color is a deep red and she likes placing flowers down where she spent most of her time so that her mate doesn't have a hard time finding her.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FawnCat said:

(Her mum has poison fangs so she just can't understand why her daughter doesn't enjoy them like she does, so she's not trying to kill her)

Is this just for story purposes (or did you forget that she has poison recistance? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just making sure you know that since it might help you out...)

1 hour ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

Is this just for story purposes (or did you forget that she has poison recistance? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just making sure you know that since it might help you out...)

Oops. I forgot to add she's allergic so it was for story purpose. Nah, I would have ask too if I was on the other side so no prob😆

• Like 1