Stray Fawn Community

Rat diary

Lilytuft

1 hour ago, SilverHowl said:

Well that’s new, try not to leave so much food out for her to pick off lol.

She needs to have food available at all times so she can get enough nutrition to feed her bebes. The problem here was the lack of toilet paper

• Like 1

I saw that she was working on her nest and gave her more paper. She came to get it and accidentally dragged a baby with her (it was trying to drink milk and didn't let go, this happens pretty often) When Pippuri saw the baby, she just grabbed it, not by the scruff or anything, just held it in her mouth like a stick and took it back to the den

kuva.png.910f3f826cf2db749d8129fcf9ef2e5d.png

I don't think she gets this whole parenthood thing. These pink things just come from inside her and something tells her to clean them and lay there while they suck on her belly. She doesn't seem to realise that they'll grow up to be rats. She constantly wants to get out of the cage, but if she's taken too far she panics.

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

This little one got dragged out of the nest and I got possibly the cutest video yet. Sorry about the dishwasher noise and the talking, you might be better off just muting the video

• Love 5

6 minutes ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

This little one got dragged out of the nest and I got possibly the cutest video yet. Sorry about the dishwasher noise and the talking, you might be better off just muting the video

beeeeeeaaaaaaaannn!

• Eek! 1

The first one is marten and the second is black. It's getting harder to distinguish the two colors now that the martens have gotten darker. The blacks are shinier though

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

The first one is marten and the second is black. It's getting harder to distinguish the two colors now that the martens have gotten darker. The blacks are shinier though

THEY'RE SO TINY AND FUZZY AND CUTE AND I CAN'T

• Like 1

I was hanging out with Makarooni (one of the babies I'm most attached to, mostly due to her having a name and being easily recogniceable, the others are just as adorable as her) and she was starting to open her eyes a little bit. I'm assuming it takes time and a nice shaded place so that she doesn't get blasted with light right away. I took her to the sofa and she started slowly climbing up my arm and actually made it all the way to my shoulder!

• Eek! 3

3 hours ago, Impy10 said:

My cat will eat them all :)))))

Whoever dares to hurt my children will be thrown into the basement with the fish. I do not know what the fish does to it's victims

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

Whoever dares to hurt my children will be thrown into the basement with the fish. I do not know what the fish does to it's victims

DON'T YOU TOUCH MY CAT

I WILL INHALE YOU

*INHALES*

18 minutes ago, Impy10 said:

DON'T YOU TOUCH MY CAT

I WILL INHALE YOU

*INHALES*

Trust me the original threat was way worse but I didn't want to trigger people

5 minutes ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

Trust me the original threat was way worse but I didn't want to trigger people

I don't like that

Also I was joking about the rats

But don't hurt my cat, or you'll be a monster

Just now, Impy10 said:

I don't like that

Also I was joking about the rats

But don't hurt my cat, or you'll be a monster

You can't make a joke about someone's pets dying and not expect one back

We've been trying to get the babies to eat solid food. I put two halves of a grape into the nest. Pippuri picked one up and started eating and then a baby picked it up and began eating as well ❤️

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

They grow up so fast! First here's a video from Makarooni climbing my arm on the 12th and for comparison lil' Nym doing the same thing today

• Love 4

7 hours ago, SilverHowl said:

Your rat videos always fill me with joy and cuteness! ❤️ Nymera looks like shes opened up her eyes more than her siblings have! Both of them are so cute!! ❤️ 

All of them have their eyes fully open by now :D The first video is from 4 days ago. It's incredible how fast these little beans develop!

• Eek! 1

2 hours ago, SilverHowl said:

Awesome!! (You have unread Discord messages btw ^^;)

(I'll go check them on the browser version since my laptop is experiencing issues with cpu and ram usage and I don't want to open more apps)

43 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

You could always get the mobile version, it’s not the best way to experience Discord but you can take it on the go.

I don't think my phone runs dicord lol