Stray Fawn Community

All Saves Gone

Applesauce

I got onto niche today like I do through steam I see this.

1322016845_ScreenShot2020-12-22at9_43_51AM.thumb.png.aa769814f5cc85c67818ab638e44229c.png

Trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds. I wasn't very fond of any of those saves, but it's still concerning because I don't want it to happen again when I actually have good games going. Is this a me problem? I don't remember doing anything, figgiting with any settings. I was on yesterday and it was fine.

• Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

@Impy10 @Applesauce @A Nicheling

Hey folks, you are absolutely right, this is a new bug on Mac!
We will make a new build with a fix next week. Meanwhile here is a workaround, if you want to access your old save files now:

Go to:
/Library/Application Support/unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Copy the save files from the and paste it into this folder:

/Library/Application Support/com.strayfawnstudio.niche/Saves

Does this work for you?

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, Philo said:

@Impy10 @Applesauce @A Nicheling

Hey folks, you are absolutely right, this is a new bug on Mac!
We will make a new build with a fix next week. Meanwhile here is a workaround, if you want to access your old save files now:

Go to:
/Library/Application Support/unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

Does this work for you?

Yes it works!

Now I can load saves from others! Thanks Philo!

• Love 2

@SilverHowl
Are you/is he using the new build on the preview branch?
If not, that means you're using the workaround I provided earlier, right?
What we're trying to figure out is wheter the game automatically loads the right save files again in the new build on the preview branch.
This has been a problem on Mac only.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:51 AM, Philo said:

Are you/is he using the new build on the preview branch?
If not, that means you're using the workaround I provided earlier, right?
What we're trying to figure out is wheter the game automatically loads the right save files again in the new build on the preview branch.

I was using the workaround, this one:

On 1/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, Philo said:

Go to:

• Like 1

I had the same problem and found this page after searching through my filesystem and finding the two locations ("unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game" versus "com.strayfawnstudio.niche") and searching to see if anyone else had reported the problem before I experimented with copying files around.  (It's ironic when the only way you can find the solution is to already know the solution, but so it goes.)

I switch Steam to using the beta "release_preview" version, and it didn't help.  Was that the right version?

(For added fun, for ages I couldn't figure out how to rename saved games, and the game doesn't prompt you to (or at least not that I've ever noticed), so all my games are named "New Game" even when they're many hours old.  But when I load them, the game starts the tutorial, so they're truly "new" and not my saved games.)

I'm going to copy the files by hand for now, but I have "Time Machine" backups and can go back to how things were if you want me to test again/differently.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...