Stray Fawn Community

Ice is fragile. (A story-based playthrough)

akyra

"This island okay, big sis?"
"Yes... its almost perfect."
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
5 nichelings. On an island. Middle of nowhere.
Eli woke up on cold, wet grass. She was also soaked. There was a dark-blue looking female in front of her, and a platypus beaked male, looking like he's about to sneeze.
'Achoo!'
'Hey! Would you mind not sneezing on me?! You're gonna get me sick Atlas!'
'I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...'
There were 2 other figures in the background she couldn't make out. The dark blue female and red platypus beaked male were arguing in front of her. A female with a cracker jaw comes over and tries to break up their fight.

'Would you stop arguing, Ismi, Atlas?! You're gonna scare her...'
She holds out her nimble fingers, perfect for picking berries. Eli just stares at her paw.
'You going to take my paw? I'm trying to help you up.'
'Oh. Sorry...'
I grab her paw and she hoists me up from the ground I was laying on.

'What's your name? We all woke up a bit ago and shared our names. You were still sleeping so we decided to let you continue
. You looked like you hadn't slept for days.'
'My name is... uh... Eli.'

'That's a nice name. My name is Rosea. (Pronounced rose-ey-ah) This blue-black idiot here is-'
'Hey! I'm not an idiot Rosea!'
'As I was saying before I was interrupted, her name is Ismi. This red one is Atlas.'
'Hello..."
'And the one with the ram-horns is my cousin. Her name's fang.' 'A bit weird... too polite.' She muttered that last bit under her breath.
'Hey, its nice to meet you. Uh... Eli, right?'
'Yes. That is my name.'
'Beautiful name, it is.'
'Um, thanks. Bit weird coming from a stranger.'

image.png.40d03f7d9bec51f4e266daa9952bc9d3.png
From left to right, Rosea, Ismi, Eli, Atlas and Fang.

• Like 4

'Well... Shall we get going then? We should find some food.'
'Yes... That seems like a great idea, beloved cousin. It would be very unfortunate to starve...' She ends her sentence with a slight tone of threat in her voice.
I can see why Rosea doesn't like her. I'm starting to not like her as well.
And so... we started to wander on this mountain like a bunch of fumbling idiots. Ismi the most with her unbalanced, top-heavy body. Ismi sometimes sending rude remarks of his sickness at Atlas. Fang, walking all stuck up and high and mighty. I guess her family must of been nobles of some distant kingdom or something. Not that I know what kingdoms are, of course. Rosea was in the lead. She was taking us to some sort of ice block. It looked like someone was inside.

image.thumb.png.6e6408aa8ce2cdf4b3d4b592a86c4bea.pngimage.thumb.png.26033808313090f52e25eabb29029b0d.png

• Like 3

• akyra changed the title to Ice is fragile. (A story-based playthrough)

She made it to that mysterious ice block that seemed to just pull her toward it. She was like, drawn to it somehow. Too bad her cousin was here. Or this would of been a happy memory. She hates her cousin. Absolutely hates her. Rosea knows what she did. It was horrible, she witnessed it before her very eyes. She couldn't do anything while she listened to the screams.
But... no matter how much she liked it or not, it was in the past. Right now, she needed to focus on the future. Surviving. Finding more food. Food was one of her top priorities. Mostly cause you eat it all... said her inside voice.  Shut up will you?
She needed to sleep. Breaking the ice block would be tomorrow. But before she could close her eyes and curl up, her sister rammed her horns into the ice block and it crumbled around her horns, eventually revealing a young nicheling.

'Hey, who are you guys? I don't think I've ever seen you guys around. Right mom?'
She yawned sleepily. 'Mom? We just rescued you out of an ice block.'
'W-wait... my mom isn't here?' He looked behind him. 'Oh no... oh no no no... Did the Rammes (Ancient Arctic Ram Foxes) get her?! Mom?!'

Before the one from the ice could finish screaming for his mom, both Fang and Rosea were fast asleep.

image.png.a6cc7bc1f1850439c2919cef6c9333ef.png

• Like 3

If anyone gets confused, these colors mean who's speaking/thinking. The main character is Eli, but I will write from a different perspective once in a while.

Rosea

Eli

Atlas

Fang

Mok`aan (the one Fang just freed from the ice)

Ismi

(By the way, its pretty hard to tell, but Ismi's text is desaturated blue.)

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

This was weird. Everything was weird. Different. The trees were different, the rock was different, heck, there wasn't even any snow anymore! And what was that weird green, strand-y stuff at the base of the island? Also, why is the island so small? His family wasn't here, and the creatures he saw were very different. Thin fur. One had a very, weird lopsided face. Weird paws. No feathers, and one had some weird long finger-things. Where was his mom?  Did she get taken by the blizzard?

His thoughts were interrupted by a sneeze.

'Achoo!'

'W-wait, did you just sneeze?!'

'Yeah... sorry...'

Mok`aan screeched.

'G-get away from me! You're gonna give me the same sickness my grandma had!'

'Huh? Your grandma was sick?'

'Y-yeah, and she died, so get away!'

'S-sorry, I'll try not to sneeze at you. By the way... what's your name?'

'Its Mok`aan. Prince of the Frosted Kingdom.'

'Frosted Kingdom? Who the heck are they and what's a Kingdom?'

image.thumb.png.5be5682be999341cba16fd79c8f9eaad.png

• Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, dragons are cool said:

"This island okay, big sis?"
"Yes... its almost perfect."
5 nichelings. On an island. Middle of nowhere.
Eli woke up on cold, wet grass. She was also soaked. There was a dark-blue looking female in front of her, and a platypus beaked male, looking like he's about to sneeze.
'Achoo!'
'Hey! Would you mind not sneezing on me?! You're gonna get me sick Atlas!'
'I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...'
There were 2 other figures in the background she couldn't make out. The dark blue female and red platypus beaked male were arguing in front of her. A female with a cracker jaw comes over and tries to break up their fight.

'Would you stop arguing, Ismi, Atlas?! You're gonna scare her...'
She holds out her nimble fingers, perfect for picking berries. Eli just stares at her paw.
'You going to take my paw? I'm trying to help you up.'
'Oh. Sorry...'
I grab her paw and she hoists me up from the ground I was laying on.

'What's your name? We all woke up a bit ago and shared our names. You were still sleeping so we decided to let you continue
. You looked like you hadn't slept for days.'
'My name is... uh... Eli.'

'That's a nice name. My name is Rosea. (Pronounced rose-ey-ah) This blue-black idiot here is-'
'Hey! I'm not an idiot Rosea!'
'As I was saying before I was interrupted, her name is Ismi. This red one is Atlas.'
'Hello..."
'And the one with the ram-horns is my cousin. Her name's fang.' 'A bit weird... too polite.' She muttered that last bit under her breath.
'Hey, its nice to meet you. Uh... Eli, right?'
'Yes. That is my name.'
'Beautiful name, it is.'
'Um, thanks. Bit weird coming from a stranger.'

image.png.40d03f7d9bec51f4e266daa9952bc9d3.png
From left to right, Rosea, Ismi, Eli, Atlas and Fang.

Ismi is the same name as the grandmother of my niche Issi. 😆

Interesting story so far.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

11 hours ago, FawnCat said:

Ismi is the same name as the grandmother of my niche Issi. 😆

Interesting story so far.

Ismi is the only one with a randomly-generated name. Probably why. 

Thanks, hope you like it :DD (it makes a :D emojii if i don't do two Ds)

• Like 2

Eli woke up face-to-face with a weird turkey.
'Um... am I in your home or something?'

It squawked loudly at her, probably signaling a yes, and a get out.
'A-alright I get it. I'll leave.'

image.png.9368faee950d1b7ad6e24c36430e7bf2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rosea calls out to her fellow tribemates.
'Everyone, its getting cold. We should venture into the grasses and take refuge by a tree. We can get easy food there.'

'Roseaaaaa, come on! I like the mountain!'
'We're all getting cold Ismi. Even you. We need to go into the grass, its warmer there.'
'Fineeee...'

image.thumb.png.bdc09b4d36a6fd3f8d81b8c3dd69ae72.png

• Like 3

Rosea was right. This is a lot better than the mountain. A lot less roots though, which is a shame. I wonder how Atlas is faring, probably not well, considering we left him behind on the mountain. With his sickness and all, he's probably dead by now. I kind of feel bad, but survival of the fittest... I guess.

image.png.5fd578252968f976d319eb714dac8cda.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Rosea settles down in her nest she just prepared for the night. Curse that rouge.
=========================================================
When Rosea woke up in the morning, there was a child curled up beside her in the nest. She looked so alarmingly like her cousin she jumped and woke her up.
'I guess I'll name you Oak.'
image.thumb.png.1cc53c1e5291cfbacb0483839a921db7.png
(Oak blinked as soon as i took the screenshot and it looks like she's evil)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dragons are cool said:

Rosea settles down in her nest she just prepared for the night. Curse that rouge.
When Rosea woke up in the morning, there was a child curled up beside her in the nest. She looked so alarmingly like her cousin she jumped and woke her up.

That looks like the most grumpy baby ever >< :Onbu_joy:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dragons are cool said:

no touch me in angy

• Haha 3