Stray Fawn Community

Keeping the mutation menu unlocked

Jojo

This is quite easy. There are two possible ways to do it though, so:

In the main menu you can see which genes you already have unlocked throughout all of the playthroughs and decide if you want to keep them for the next playthrough or not. Like without restarting your bloodline but for an completly unrelated tribe. Alternatively this feature or an 'all genes unlocked at once' feature will only be applied to sandbox mode because that would make it a real sandbox breeder mode where you can just play around with genes AND it would be great for the roleplayers as well.

This sounds similar to something I'd been saying on the forums for a long time.

I was never quite happy with sandbox mode. It never actually felt like a sandbox mode. Sure I could plop my creatures down wherever, but I still had no command over their appearance, and I still had to travel to unlock the genes I needed, like in story mode.

This is similar to how the game was in it's earlier stages, but with entirely random creatures, as opposed to Adam and Eve, I didn't feel any attachment to them. I also was slightly frustrated by the need to travel from the place I wanted to be.

But if I could customize my creatures from the start, or have all the genes I worked hard in story mode to unlock to play with, I would feel more motivated to play sandbox mode. I would love sculpting a species through it.

And yes, I could go through, unlock all genes, and go back to where I wanted to be, but the issue is time. I don't have time to unlock every gene every play through and having my progress on gene unlocking reset every time gets frustrating.

I love this game, don't get me wrong, and I think sandbox mode could be balanced out by lacking control over a creature's immunity genes, aside from breeding. The home island immunity gene could be entirely unavailable, to encourage players to continue using story mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to second this! It would be much more convenient to be able to unlock genes and keep them unlocked, instead of having to unlock them again every single time. Some kind of way to toggle from game-specific gene unlocks which unlock based on the stats/status if that game to a profile specific gene unlock where any gene, once unlocked, is available forever would be much appreciated.