Stray Fawn Community

How to keep care of a house

MATTRESS

39 minutes ago, definitely cookie said:

i'm not sure about the others but i have a tent and know a lot about them. tents will eat pretty much anything that any other house would, but that doesn't mean you should let them! don't let them eat hard foods like stone, wood etc as it can be bad for them, and of course don't feed them rotten flesh, though they tolerate it much better than other houses. the healthiest for them is polyester but it's good for them to have a diverse diet like wool, nylon, cloth, etc,

this is minecraft. There is only wool, no nylon, no cloth. 

I'm pretty sure they still need wood or stone, just less. Can they eat leather or string? what about moss?

2 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

I'm pretty sure they still need wood or stone, just less. Can they eat leather or string? what about moss?

who says this isn't modded

and no they definitely don't need stone but just a little wood is good, just not much. they can eat leather and string. they can also eat moss which is good for them but they're often reluctant to eat it

11 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

i mean there is pet houses so...

55 minutes ago, definitely cookie said:

who says this isn't modded

and no they definitely don't need stone but just a little wood is good, just not much. they can eat leather and string. they can also eat moss which is good for them but they're often reluctant to eat it

but I'm thinking no other mods...

48 minutes ago, Polly said:

i mean there is pet houses so...

ok fine.

4 minutes ago, Kira.APK said:

So, I've been making salad with the mossy cobblestone and the oak planks to feed to my house, and my house is growing really fast. is this normal?

uhhh. I'm homeless.

Is it a tent or a house?

also what about RV's? Do those qualify as houses?(non-modded.) what about apartments?

16 hours ago, Kira.APK said:

So, I've been making salad with the mossy cobblestone and the oak planks to feed to my house, and my house is growing really fast. is this normal?

yes, this is normal with the right diet

55 minutes ago, Polly said:

yes, this is normal with the right diet

so a spruce house with a cobblestone frame should eat mossy cobblestone and oak planks.

noted.(also I think it would be cool if someone made this a mod once we fully flesh out how it would work.)

what would a prismarine temple eat?

(it is technically a house.)

18 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

so a spruce house with a cobblestone frame should eat mossy cobblestone and oak planks.

noted.(also I think it would be cool if someone made this a mod once we fully flesh out how it would work.)

what would a prismarine temple eat?

(it is technically a house.)

they eat guardians 

6 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

uhhhh...

then how are there still guardians?

also they would technically be eating prismarine shards as that is a guardian drop.

they farm guardians

26 minutes ago, Kira.APK said:

Are houses good with other pets?

Generally, although they can and will bully horses, donkeys, and mules if their door is too small. Sometimes, single-door houses bully cows and sheep too. Double-door houses and medium to large tents should get along fine with all of the above listed pets.

The best pet to keep with houses are cats. Especially if your house has a bed and/or chest. A house with both is best for cohabitation with cats.

2 minutes ago, SharrdWolf said:

Generally, although they can and will bully horses, donkeys, and mules if their door is too small. Sometimes, single-door houses bully cows and sheep too. Double-door houses and medium to large tents should get along fine with all of the above listed pets.

The best pet to keep with houses are cats. Especially if your house has a bed and/or chest. A house with both is best for cohabitation with cats.

do mansions and apartments count as houses??

can a house grow into an apartment or mansion?

3 minutes ago, SharrdWolf said:

How about wolves?

Just now, Polly said:

apartments are just one big house

some can, some will not

does it depend on the type of house? Or is it just random genes? (so  for a mod this would be like the pandas but more simple)

Or is it one or the other?

does it have to do with gender?

what about pet sla-  I mean villagers?

does it depend on the type of house? Or is it just random genes? (so  for a mod this would be like the pandas but more simple)

Or is it one or the other?

does it have to do with gender?

what about pet sla-  I mean villagers?

yes, it does, apartments do not reproduce 

houses do not have gender.

houses become fully grown in about 3-5 months, it depends on what  kind of house

25 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

okay.

Uhhhh.

But what if you built a house out of prismarine?

(like grian's mansionn)

Baby houses grow best on a diet of guardians, but a combination of any fish other than clownfish and prismarine shards will do. Clownfish contain a compound which blocks the absorption of prismatiteitite, a key nutrient for prismarine houses. In the absence of prismatiteitite, your prismarine house could die of malnutrition. Feed a ratio of 40/60 (40% fish, 60% prismarine shards)

Adult houses also do best on guardians, but a diet of non-clownfish fish with prismarine shards (this time a ratio of 40/60) will keep them healthy. You can not feed prismarine shards if you need to, but you must feed them coral or gravel with that diet, as it contains a similar compound to prismatiteitite known as curimine. (60% coral/gravel, 40 fish) However, they are more susceptible to a prismarine house specific disease called Zoggar’s Syndrome. Houses infected with Zoggar’s syndrome are lethargic and susceptible to creeper/tnt blasts. If left untreated, it can lead to blindness or inability to process prismatiteitite and curimine. Fortunately, Zoggar’s can be treated with consumption of diamonds and by week 4 of treatment, most houses are fully recovered.

Overall, prismarine houses are a house best for experienced house owners due to their hard-to-find diet and care needs.