Stray Fawn Community

Flare of the Soul - An actual comic I'm going to work on.

5 minutes ago, NotEpicEeveeGaming said:

this hasnt been talked about for a month

also this

On 4/1/2021 at 7:32 AM, Green the Fiery Fox said:

yea, I'm personally working on my ADD problems and not fully committing to stuff :>>

(sorry for quote : (  )

hmmmm...

so background characters...

hmmm...

okay, so background characters should have powers too,but only important ones. If there's a gun, it has to have a use, not fired, but a use.

so don't make any important characters forgetable, or make non-importantt characters TOO knowable, though that's not actually a problem and can be used as storybuilding. Most flaws can.

hmmmm....

I think you should have a running gag.

hmmm...

many kinds to do.

1. shipping 2. a character being called something/having a name mispronounced 3. an idiot, I hope self explanetory. 4. have a meta character/something odd and the character just goes: "okay so by comic logic than this should happen." 5.

none of these have to be done.

if you want an idiot, I have a character idea.

they don't have to be seen(I'm bad at art) but they could be funny.

or have a gag be that they're so simple because they jsut wear one thing cause their shy, and then have it be brought up, but never come to a conclusion.

This is essentially just me giving advice. Do what you want with your story, just a word of advice: good plot twists don't revolve around something that is comepletely different and you can physically not guess, or doing or not doing something, but the main plot and going back to something you shouldn't have forgotten about, and also is interesting, and memorable, but don't feel pressured.

just do you.

15 hours ago, Zixvir said:

hmmmm...

so background characters...

hmmm...

okay, so background characters should have powers too,but only important ones. If there's a gun, it has to have a use, not fired, but a use.

so don't make any important characters forgetable, or make non-importantt characters TOO knowable, though that's not actually a problem and can be used as storybuilding. Most flaws can.

hmmmm....

I think you should have a running gag.

hmmm...

many kinds to do.

1. shipping 2. a character being called something/having a name mispronounced 3. an idiot, I hope self explanetory. 4. have a meta character/something odd and the character just goes: "okay so by comic logic than this should happen." 5.

none of these have to be done.

if you want an idiot, I have a character idea.

they don't have to be seen(I'm bad at art) but they could be funny.

or have a gag be that they're so simple because they jsut wear one thing cause their shy, and then have it be brought up, but never come to a conclusion.

This is essentially just me giving advice. Do what you want with your story, just a word of advice: good plot twists don't revolve around something that is comepletely different and you can physically not guess, or doing or not doing something, but the main plot and going back to something you shouldn't have forgotten about, and also is interesting, and memorable, but don't feel pressured.

just do you.

I mean background as designs I can incorporate into the background to add life to the comic

3 hours ago, Green the Fiery Fox said:

I mean background as designs I can incorporate into the background to add life to the comic

ohhh,

well uhhh,

Idk, maybe have some non-foxes, like prey, and maybe occasionally foxes.

5 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

ohhh,

well uhhh,

Idk, maybe have some non-foxes, like prey, and maybe occasionally foxes.

this is not just about foxes-

prey wouldn't live in the city setting I'm going for

they barely hunt for food, as it's based off our modern-day civilization.

3 minutes ago, Green the Fiery Fox said:

this is not just about foxes-

prey wouldn't live in the city setting I'm going for

they barely hunt for food, as it's based off our modern-day civilization.

oh.

Hm....

yeah I got nothing.