Stray Fawn Community

Little announcement

Aether

So after a little talking around, I figured we should do something to prevent more misunderstandings to happen again.

we can use tone indicators! It’s something the MCYT fandom uses a lot and it might help us a little.

tone indicators are like /j /lh that you see at the end of posts.

here’s a little key to help you understand them better

/j - joke, put it at the end of a joke.

/hj- half joke, put it at the end of a joke but half of its not really a joke? Kinda like sarcasm but not. It’s really a feeling on this one

/lh - light hearted, when you say something that is meant to be taken not seriously. 

Like “We’re all idiots here. /lh” means that they’re cannot actually calling us idiots but using it as a more endearing term.

/srs - Serious, when someone is asking a serious question or making a serious statement about something about something.

there are more but those are the ones that are most commonly used. If you have any questions about them, I’ll try to answer ASAP. 
also you don’t have to use them on everything, only on stuff where the tone might not be very clear.

• Like 9
  • Paw up 2

5 minutes ago, UWOaether said:

Maybe we could also do /vent before venting like

/vent 

<insert vent here>

And remember only vent on like your own homethreads or pages!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this is a good idea! i think using tw’s (trigger warnings) for subject matter that could be triggering should also be done too (not saying that people aren’t already doing that, there was just an instance where someone didn’t recently) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Flower said:

this is a good idea! i think using tw’s (trigger warnings) for subject matter that could be triggering should also be done too (not saying that people aren’t already doing that, there was just an instance where someone didn’t recently) 

I think it is better to leave triggering subjects to DMs or somewhere private.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

/pos is another good one. It implies positive intention onto something that could be misunderstood negative?

”HOW DID YOU DO THAT? /pos” is a pretty bad example but it should let you be able to understand it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A Nicheling said:

I think it is better to leave triggering subjects to DMs or somewhere private.

Yes I get that but if you think something can be triggering or distressing, than just put a tw on the post. Like if you have art you want to post but it has blood in it, or you want to post a picture of an animal or a pet but you know that someone gets triggered by that type of animal. Just be respectful of peoples boundaries and, if you can, do as you said and keep it in dms if it doesn’t involve lots of people 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flower said:

Yes I get that but if you think something can be triggering or distressing, than just put a tw on the post. Like if you have art you want to post but it has blood in it, or you want to post a picture of an animal or a pet but you know that someone gets triggered by that type of animal. Just be respectful of peoples boundaries and, if you can, do as you said and keep it in dms if it doesn’t involve lots of people 

Like putting it before dogs and dragonflies. :)

Or,, large objects.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

6 minutes ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Or,, large objects.

Or images that could possibly trigger trypophobia (I can’t spell it ack.) like wasp’s nests etc.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 3

10 minutes ago, Foxy Kaza said:

Or,, large objects.

the problem with this is that anyone could be triggered by anything. For all i know someone could be triggered if I post a picture of my stuffed animal. I wouldn't think anyone would be scared of those at all, or at least wouldn't think about it when posting. I'm sorry you don't like dragonflies, I think they're really cool. but you're cool too ; )

10 minutes ago, Sky said:

the problem with this is that anyone could be triggered by anything. For all i know someone could be triggered if I post a picture of my stuffed animal. I wouldn't think anyone would be scared of those at all, or at least wouldn't think about it when posting. I'm sorry you don't like dragonflies, I think they're really cool. but you're cool too ; )

If you don't know then it's ok, but if you do know and don't put a tw, that's when it's a problem.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 4

1 hour ago, Flower said:

I mean comments on controversial topics that could cause fights.

1 hour ago, UWOaether said:

If you don't know then it's ok, but if you do know and don't put a tw, that's when it's a problem.

but if it's a common trigger (blood etc.) then definitely put a tw

• Paw up 1