Stray Fawn Community

Pest Repellent Gene

Perrydise

The idea is to have a gene that stops bugs, leeches, and any other pests added from affecting a creature- rather, they'd simply linger in the area, able to affect those without the gene but not those with it. I'd suggest that this be a body gene. 

Where would this gene be helpful, you might ask? Two answers: it gives underwater creatures the ability to travel alone without fear of leeches, and in swamps it gives some protections from mosquitos, who can easily cause the death of smaller packs without anything you can do to stop them. 

I can also see this addition coming in the form of a tail, though it might take some creativity to get it to fit thematically.

Some suggestions on the gene's name: Waxy Body, Slick Body, Pesticide Body, Repellent Body, Repellent Tail.

Because it takes up a highly useful gene slot, one would have to carefully consider before choosing to breed in this gene, contributing to the game's strategy element.  To unlock it, one could fish up a certain number of leeches and collect a certain number of bugs.

For appearances, if you go down the waxy/slick body path it could be a somewhat small body type with occasional thin strokes of fur poking up, signaling that it's being slicked by something. I'm not sure what a Pesticide Body or Repellant Body would look like, nor tail, as I indicated earlier. 

Feel free to criticize and share thoughts, i'd love to workshop this idea and make it more realistic!

• Like 3

6 replies to this post

Toxic body is immune to leeches and stinky tail repells sleeping sickness bugs, but I'd be useful to have a way to avoid both without using up two (or three in the case of aquatic nichelings) gene slots

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chicken-duck-woman-thing said:

Toxic body is immune to leeches and stinky tail repells sleeping sickness bugs, but I'd be useful to have a way to avoid both without using up two (or three in the case of aquatic nichelings) gene slots

Yeah! I know there're ways to get both with different genes, but having them both in one place would be sooooo helpful