Stray Fawn Community

I have a niche storymode playthrough on youtube but...

Chiyanna

The next episode has been uploaded :)
But here's episode 13 for those following along on here:

In this video we start out with nearly 100, (98), nichelings. When 5 babies are born near the end of the video the nicheling count meter officially goes over 100 nichelings at 102 nichelings. Red-blue line leader and torch-bearer Rekoana passes away just as we hit this mark. Priduk and his mate start the crossing to Crossing Point island. She makes it all the way across in one turn but Priduk doesn't, leaving him in the water to take damage. Yellow lines are established as a yellow creature settles down with one of the two sisters he bred with and Sianako, Rekoana's jealous sister, starts a line of her own. Mememe's children are finally given gems that represent their family line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

The next episode has been uploaded :)
But here's episode 13 for those following along on here:

In this video we start out with nearly 100, (98), nichelings. When 5 babies are born near the end of the video the nicheling count meter officially goes over 100 nichelings at 102 nichelings. Red-blue line leader and torch-bearer Rekoana passes away just as we hit this mark. Priduk and his mate start the crossing to Crossing Point island. She makes it all the way across in one turn but Priduk doesn't, leaving him in the water to take damage. Yellow lines are established as a yellow creature settles down with one of the two sisters he bred with and Sianako, Rekoana's jealous sister, starts a line of her own. Mememe's children are finally given gems that represent their family line.

100?! HOW

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, modiano said:

100?! HOW

I just settle slowly on archipelago islands and keep breeding and filling islands over generations....I won't have that many in the storymode playthrough once we leave the archipelago. I have loved playing on the archipelago. I'm probably going to save it and play it some more sometime. Maybe add a challenge or keep going with the story.

• Like 2

(This is just from where I have watched so far. I'm currently at episode 6)

Please don't take any of this as insults. I'm by no means a professional youtuber or video expert. I'm only giving my opinion as a viewer. (Not to say I speak for all viewers) If you don't like this please let me know and I will delete it.

I'll rip off the band-aid and start with the "bad" points:

1. There are to many characters to keep track of. You should keep in mind, where you have spent hours making and playing with them we have not. I find it hard to remember them all. (What could be more of my bad point than yours) I am aware that once you leave the island there would be a lot less of them to keep track of but at the moment I find the video's very hard to follow character and story wise.
  2. You have to pay 100% attention when you watch. (Once again this could just be more of my bad point that yours) I enjoy drawing while watching YT since I don't have a lot of time always, so I have to multi task.  I noticed that you don't always say where you are now or what the characters are doing. Not that you have to but it could help a lot with the story if I knew where what was going on. (Example: Here we are on Nuvan's island with Niche A and Niche B trying to get the bunnies to eat the old berries.) Although there are a few time when you do it really well and I enjoy those times.
  3. The intro's can use some work. You do give us some detail about what happened on the last episode but if you just read the last episode's summary it work much better or a version of it as you further tell the story. (Example: So, last time we where here with Niche A where she learned about Adam from Niche B. Now we're going to see how she's handling the information.) Or something like that. (Could be I'm just to used to jessimew's way that's all)

Now on the good points:

1. The family lines and lore is super interesting. Not if a tad confusing at times when I can't remember what they all do.
  2.  I enjoy some of the story you do tell. I find the side stories more interesting as the "main" plot of Adams quest.
  3. The summaries of each episodes are my favorites. It gives the right amount of info that is important for the story.
  4. The episode zero "Introduction" was brilliant. It's a nice way to get to see some characters family tree and getting to know them. If you could somehow by screenshot/ making one have it available for public it would help a lot to follow all the nichelings lines so that we could also know who's who.

AND most importantly: I do like watching the episodes even if I'm confused now and then. I will continue to watch when I have time or am in the mood to watch.

• Paw up 1

On 3/6/2021 at 4:37 AM, FawnCat said:

(This is just from where I have watched so far. I'm currently at episode 6)

Please don't take any of this as insults. I'm by no means a professional youtuber or video expert. I'm only giving my opinion as a viewer. (Not to say I speak for all viewers) If you don't like this please let me know and I will delete it.

I'll rip off the band-aid and start with the "bad" points:

1. There are to many characters to keep track of. You should keep in mind, where you have spent hours making and playing with them we have not. I find it hard to remember them all. (What could be more of my bad point than yours) I am aware that once you leave the island there would be a lot less of them to keep track of but at the moment I find the video's very hard to follow character and story wise.
  2. You have to pay 100% attention when you watch. (Once again this could just be more of my bad point that yours) I enjoy drawing while watching YT since I don't have a lot of time always, so I have to multi task.  I noticed that you don't always say where you are now or what the characters are doing. Not that you have to but it could help a lot with the story if I knew where what was going on. (Example: Here we are on Nuvan's island with Niche A and Niche B trying to get the bunnies to eat the old berries.) Although there are a few time when you do it really well and I enjoy those times.
  3. The intro's can use some work. You do give us some detail about what happened on the last episode but if you just read the last episode's summary it work much better or a version of it as you further tell the story. (Example: So, last time we where here with Niche A where she learned about Adam from Niche B. Now we're going to see how she's handling the information.) Or something like that. (Could be I'm just to used to jessimew's way that's all)

Now on the good points:

1. The family lines and lore is super interesting. Not if a tad confusing at times when I can't remember what they all do.
  2.  I enjoy some of the story you do tell. I find the side stories more interesting as the "main" plot of Adams quest.
  3. The summaries of each episodes are my favorites. It gives the right amount of info that is important for the story.
  4. The episode zero "Introduction" was brilliant. It's a nice way to get to see some characters family tree and getting to know them. If you could somehow by screenshot/ making one have it available for public it would help a lot to follow all the nichelings lines so that we could also know who's who.

AND most importantly: I do like watching the episodes even if I'm confused now and then. I will continue to watch when I have time or am in the mood to watch.

I appreciate you taking the time to critique my videos. I don't mind it cause you have to know what you're doing wrong to grow. I am still trying to master the narration thing and will keep working on it. Sometimes I stumble around or don't make clear what I'm talking about, and often I notice that myself.  I would love to make the family tree more available, but as of right now it is not recently updated so would probably not be much help. I should really get to updating it again and if people want that it should motivate me to do so, given I have the time! Also, family echo does not appear to have an easy way to share it through a link, though I haven't tried experimenting with it yet. Screenshots may be the best I can offer, but that would be time-consuming and viewers would have to look through them to find what they are looking for. I'm glad the descriptions are good, I wasn't sure but I now know I'm doing well with them. Thanks again for taking time to write your post and read this reply :)

• Paw up 1

Episode 14:

In this video Duktata and the main pink line make a deal with the family lines of the island they just arrived in that allows them to get mates from the island and then leave. While I had scent mode on to look for berries on the same island, I saw a big green outline. I somewhat hysterically said "what is that?" Since it was green I had a creature go over to check it out. It was a peaceful bear. The next turn I gave it some nesting material which appeared to do nothing. A female of the other pink line, whose parents tried to cross over and ended up dying, decides to be Duktata's mate. Priduk, (who was left in the water last episode), completes the crossing without dying. The messangers about the meeting reach the Yellow Line island.

• Like 1

Episode 15 (also I just uploaded episode 24 and now have a story crisis...and also I think I found a bug. And my short cut keys still don't work. But I don't want spoilers for ppl. I may upload episode 24 and ask you guys what you think but I'll mark it spoiler if I do. And I'll probably be asking about the bug and shortcut key problem on the forums this weekend):

(Hey, this is kinda related to my story crisis a bit... eyes the one with the big ears knowing what they will do and what will happen 9 episodes in future)
Here's the description of episode 15:
In this video the main pink line, called the Pink Kingdom by it's leader, leaves the island it first crossed over to in search of mates behind. They make the biggest crossing to another island yet, with the members of the pink kingdom and two non-related creatures who happened to be taking the same journey in hopes of finding an island they could settle at tagging along.

• Like 1

Do you guys want me to post the newest episode so I can ask my question? Or just say my problem? It contains pretty major spoilers though. Maybe I'll wait till I get to that episode/I'm caught up. I guess I could just decide myself. Also it has something to do with my bug report/thread I just posted, which contains a bit of spoilers.

Episode 16:

In this video Mememe tells her children to leave the island she raised them on in order to find greater oppurtunities. She is of old age and this is her final wish. Meanwhile many lines on Yellow Line island agree to send representatives to the meeting, and nearly everyone has heard about the meeting now. All that's left is to go to Rekoana's island.

• Like 1

Just now, Chiyanna said:

Episode 16:

In this video Mememe tells her children to leave the island she raised them on in order to find greater oppurtunities. She is of old age and this is her final wish. Meanwhile many lines on Yellow Line island agree to send representatives to the meeting, and nearly everyone has heard about the meeting now. All that's left is to go to Rekoana's island.

Mememe is best name

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, modiano said:

Mememe is best name

IKR, I used to laugh about it sometimes. At least it's one I can pronounce though. LOL The trouble of just letting niche randomly generate names and not changing any. She was a really interesting character I really liked though, and some of her decendents will probably go on to the next island.

• Like 1

Episode 17:

In this episode I discover something that's been concealed by my camera angle for a long time now: a shallow channel connecting Yellow Line Island and Nuvan's Island. This can be used to get those from Yellow Line and the island Rekoana died on back to Crossing Point quicker in order to have the meeting of the family lines sooner. Also, Mememe names the island she raised her children on after her mate before dying.

• Eek! 1

So I did some editing and adding, this version is more accurate and has some more creatures.
Niche-Story-mode-project-19-Mar-2021-170351758.html
Also I can't tell which original line was the yellow line and the only yellow linking creatures I have screenshots of aren't already in the tree and were dead by the time I took the pictures. So I can't see who their parents were :( I thus don't know where the yellow line goes on the tree. I think the yellow line was one of the ones that came from the purr-snout creature that mated with alot of females as explained in the first "Look in Bio"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hey, it would really help me to complete the updated version of this thing if someone could look through the family tree and provide the names of any creatures who have "yellow line" listed in their bio or anywhere in their details. I need to know which is the yellow line or have some creatures to link my yellow line too. I have screenshots of the current yellow line founders but they were dead when I took them so it doesn't show their parents. I haven't found any creatures that say their of the yellow line in bios, and don't have time to look through them all.

It's late where I am, but here's episode 18:

(It's the episode where Dondon the psychopath is born! Well he was already born, but he wasn't known to be a psychopath before this. He was just a relatively obscure nicheling before his psychopath infamy!)
In this episode Duktata is betrayed by his brother Dondon when I confuse the two and accidentaly have Dondon breed with his brother's mate (unsuccessfully however because of low fertility genes). Also, the friendly Bearyena reappears after following members of Rekoana's island to the other side of the island.
(Also friendly Bearyena! Yay!)

• Eek! 1

(I just tried to play niche and found the friendly bearyena again....I clicked it a half-dozen times while my game was still waking up and froze the game. So I'm not recording an episode tonight. May record one tomorrow or maybe will wait till next week. Will definitely link to the next one for those following along on here tomorrow)

• Sad 1

Episode 19 as promised last night:

In this episode Vanduk, who has long done the will of his older sisters and gathered berries, decides to leave on a quest to find the green line nicheling he fell in love with. Dondon is officially banished by his sister and his late brother's mate, it is unsure whether the child is his (even though I know it's his brother's), leaving the eldest son of Duktata the definate heir. Also after a mysterious disapearance of berries those on Rekoana's island hunt for bunnies.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

I just recorded a new episode! My game was lagging (probably because of my 20 plus open browser tabs and one open word doc), and in the end it froze much like on Tuesday. But the footage was pretty good and saved and I checked and the game had saved when it closed despite being frozen, which I'm thankful to God for! Will be uploading it to youtube soon hopefully.

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1