Stray Fawn Community

I have a niche storymode playthrough on youtube but...

Chiyanna

With Crossing Point already abandoned, the population of creatures is thinning on Arrival Island and Long Island. This is caused by the great migration to the Northernmost Island and a lack of planning breeding pairs on my part. In order to try and preserve some creatures on these islands in the next generation for food gathering purposes, as we continue the process of leaving for the next island, I hastily throw together breeding pairs that are immunity gene incompatible. Soon, Nuvan's island will probably be abandoned as I hope to have the two young cousins, who see eachother as brothers, go to The Island of Mememe in order to carry on the Green Line.

• 1 month later...

WARNING Audio is a lot louder than most of my recent videos, you may want to turn your sound down on your pc before watching this.

(highlight white text below to see description/summary)

As the final migrations to the Northern-most Island (Island of Mememe) continue, many islands are left almost completely empty. Long Island is left with just 3 siblings on it. Arrival Island is left with almost no viable pairs. I continue my project to repopulate islands whose food will be vital to us leaving the archipelago with a large amount of food to help us through the trials to come, (breeding a pair on Yellow Line Island, pairing up a couple pairs on Rekoanna's Island, and diverting an exploring pair away from the path to the Island of Mememe so they can repopulate Nuvan's Island). Meanwhile, a breeding frenzy is occurring on the Island of Mememe as most of the migrating creatures mingle and choose mates, plus those who had been traveling with their mate are now giving birth for the first time. The breeding is necessary to condense the Family Lines and bring as many genes as possible in as few nichelings as possible since only so many can come with us on the port.

• 1 year later...

So....I've been hinting at this since I got back on the forums. And finally, here it is! The continuation of my niche storymode playthrough With 40 episodes of me being bogged down and stuck with 100 nichelings to gather food with every turn on the archipelago, making stories, breeding nichelings, explaining the history of my ever-growing tribe, and murdering bunnies to prevent the little thieves from eating our limited berry supply; it's definitely near to my heart and a story I need to continue. Especially with me having never completed story mode! So to end this cycle of my 100+ archipelago tribe and continue on toward home island, I did the hard work a couple days ago and spent probably near 3 hours straight playing niche to collect all that food and breed all the nicheling I needed to to prepare for the journey. Only 40 minutes of this made it into the video, with the majority of the boring work done off camera, and only updates and important bits in this video. I present to you, and moments ago all of youtube who may care to watch Niche videos of my quest and never-ending on-the-fly story making skills made with poor equipment including: a microphone embedded into my earbuds and a computer with a giant barcode crack in the middle of the screen and not enough ram for this (which is why you hear that constant whirring sound in the background, that's my computer fan working overtime), season 2 of my Niche storymode playthrough! And the biggest run-on sentence you've ever seen of semi-serious subject matter crafted with some semblance of grammar in mind on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Already my video has 15 views! That's awesome! At least some of them are probably you guys. Let me know if you watched, (and how much of the video lol I won't be mad).

In any case, thanks for watching if you did or will :)

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Already my video has 15 views! That's awesome! At least some of them are probably you guys. Let me know if you watched, (and how much of the video lol I won't be mad).

i started to watch it but was kinda lost so i went back to the first videos, definitelly gonna watch it when i finish the other ones :]

• Eek! 1

8 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I started watching it, was about ten minutes in but then I had to go, so right now its in my watch later. The video looks interesting so far! 

• Eek! 1

This episode we start exploring the swamp island we find ourselves on. Seeing that going partially through the island to get to the port is faster than circumventing the island by traveling along the beach, I start moving everyone inland after going around a bulge. We cut a path through the grass toward the port as we near it, discovering a river. Anarame of the red-blue-red bearyena line sets up in a nest once I realize she needs to have whatever children she is going to have before we get to the next island, due to her age. We also breed multiple compatible pairs but do not yet have the children be born until we get to the next island, in order to preserve genes in case of any males death. Our tribe is also attacked by a bearyena, and it will take the whole tribe working together to take it down, hopefully before it does any damage.

• 2 weeks later...

This was the first Niche video where I edited out that awful background noise a good bit and amped up the audio (though it still isn't as loud as I'd like it, pretty sure it's louder than the other two episodes) Also first one where I thought of making a thumbnail! Though if you go to youtube now and look at the other 2 of this season, you will see that I have added thumbnails for them as well. Anyway, enjoy this video and let me know what you think about it (and the thumbnail).

**Spoiler Alert**

To read the description highlight the white text below

After a year of dormancy, we are finally back! And after over 40 episodes, we have finally left the archipelago. So it's no surprise that to kick this off we are starting a new season. This new season is going to follow our now much smaller tribe, called Group A (or the Exploration Group), as they travel through the remaining islands on the way to Home Island, the goal. Some of these islands we may stop on to breed and collect food, others we will travel through as quickly as possible. So get ready to enjoy this journey as I try to complete storymode with this tribe that has so much history.

This episode, we finish the path to the port and the nichelings start getting prepared for going to the next island. Anarame has her third child, who still doesn't carry the bearyena snout, but has double bearyena claw. She spends the last of her life with her new mate, who loves her and all of her daughters (though her eldest is with the rest of the group across the river). A bearyena attacks and the family escapes across the river. Now we have 11 members, and only 10 spots on the port. Who will stay behind to fight the bearyena? Maybe neither of Anarame's daughters...maybe someone else entirely.

This episode was difficult to make because there was an error while I was recording and the video was aborted, ending abruptly. This led to the first half of this video being corrupted, and though the corruption was 'fixed', some things were still off about the footage and I had to do some editing because of it. Still, some parts of the video might not make sense or be a little visually odd. The second part of the video, which I recorded a couple days later, should not have such quirks.

**Spoiler alert!**

Highlight the white text below to read description

This episode we arrive at the next new island, and find it is a burning savanna. Exploring the island, the nichelings run into things they never have before, such as cacti and termite mounds. They also discover a berry bush and a permanent nest nearby the port, which is where Talame decides to have her child since she is getting on in age. Some of the other females decide to have their children on this island as well, which means we will probably settle here for a bit for the older generation to pass on their genes. Meanwhile, a group of explorers headed by Kirkirpri cracks open the termite hill with the help of our bearyena children. And Kirkirpri and Chiyachi finally become mates.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I forgot to post the last 2 videos of this series on this thread! But I'm fixing it now!

We start off the episode preparing the next generation of the tribe. The elder members realize their remaining time is short, so those that hadn't had children are settling down to do so, and those that have are focused on raising them. But then, a fire started underneath Siis' feet, causing panic among the explorer group of the tribe, especially Chiyachi and Kirkirpri whose newborn child was right next to it. In the chaos, and rush to protect the child by making a wall of adults, I forget to breed them again before Kirkirpri dies. The bearyena sisters busy themselves with making a break in the grass so the fire can't reach the rest of the tribe. But the fire ultimately is extinguished by the rain just after it grows into something big enough to be concerned by. It is a warning of the dangers of this place.

Last episode, the nichelings were warned of how dangerous the savanna could be. After staying away from the spot where a fire lit for a few turns, Mitala has grown even more restless, wondering if this island is safe at all, but not wanting to go back that way. Liduk convinces her that they should for the good of the tribe, because the port should be in that direction. So they, along with Kirro and Renna go back to investigate and be sure the danger is gone. After they are satisfied the fire has vanished, most of the tribe, mainly consisting of Elis and the two children she’s adopted, join them. Also, Ronu of the green line starts a family with Nnachinna near the one healthy berry bush in the tribe’s territory. But the first group is once more thrown a curve-ball by the savanna when not one, but two bearyena and a cub come out of the grasses! Will they be able to fight back the threat? And with the old generation gone, have we lost the immunity gene needed to complete our quest?

• 3 weeks later...