Stray Fawn Community

Being able to give extra food to tribemates when food is abundant

Chiyanna

I know, usually food is a big issue and you want to keep all you can anyways. Most people try and play the hardest they can while surviving and use challenges to spice up gameplay and make it even harder, but what if you're that one person that gathers up to 450 food each turn and has over 300 left over at the beggining of the next day *cough cough me*. I mean I'm just playing storymode on regular settings in archipelago but since I don't usually speed run islands I tend to build up lots of food. Yeah, I do have over 100 creatures to feed each turn, so I'm not exactly stockpilling on a peaceful island and have nothing to do with the stuff, but still, it would be nice to feed my niche creatures more food every once in a while. And then I got big idea: what if you could use extra food to purchase extra moves?

It would only be one extra move allowed per creature per turn to prevent abuse and such, but it would be way cool and awesome when after all your creatures are sleeping and the rabbils come mock you for once you could give one of your creatures an extra move and kill the theif. Or for once in a battle and you only need one more attack from a creature to kill the bearyena if you could do that instead of one of your creatures dying. I mean, it may be a bit op, but in niche food is a valuable resource. Also, maybe instead of just giving one extra food it could be 2 or 3 or even five to get that extra move.

So, basically if you wanted an extra move you would click on a creature and right under them where make a nest and such are usually there will be another icon. You click it and maybe it just happens, or maybe there's a pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to give this nicheling x extra food?" (maybe add "in exchange for a new turn?" so ppl will know what it does, or maybe only those that try it and risk it will find out lol idk). And then, instead of their far left gem lighting up again making them indistinguishable from those who haven't yet used all their moves just their center gem would light up again, and when they use their extra move it will grow dull again just like when you use your nicheling's moves normally.

• Like 1

5 replies to this post

I like this suggestion! I don't think it would be that OP, especially if the exchange rate was a little higher. Like you said, the people who speedrun and do challenges might not use this feature, while those who do stockpile food don't always have a use for it. Maybe it could even be turned on or off in sandbox mode to suit the individual's play style better. A feature like this could actually lead to interesting situations where players need to evaluate if the extra action would be worth the cost! I could really see this benefitting players who use niche to act out stories and roleplays, since in that case the story itself (and therefore the actions) might be a more important component than the survival or challenge aspect of the game. Obviously I'm not the expert on whether or not this would be an unbalanced/OP feature to add, but I think something like this could be kinda cool ^-^

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Emeraldheart said:

I like this suggestion! I don't think it would be that OP, especially if the exchange rate was a little higher. Like you said, the people who speedrun and do challenges might not use this feature, while those who do stockpile food don't always have a use for it. Maybe it could even be turned on or off in sandbox mode to suit the individual's play style better. A feature like this could actually lead to interesting situations where players need to evaluate if the extra action would be worth the cost! I could really see this benefitting players who use niche to act out stories and roleplays, since in that case the story itself (and therefore the actions) might be a more important component than the survival or challenge aspect of the game. Obviously I'm not the expert on whether or not this would be an unbalanced/OP feature to add, but I think something like this could be kinda cool ^-^

Thanks for your support and for telling why you like the suggestion too! I consider myself one of those players who like to act out stories :) Although I also love the survival element and do not ever use commands lol, partly cause I don't know how, and partly cause I don't want to, (although if I ever figure out how may use them to set challenges up, make save copies of my world, and delete nichelings that have storywise or actually went onto another island). Anyways, besides story purposes if players are strategic there may be certain situations where it would be helpful, and like you pointed out there could be some difficult spots where players have to decide whether to spend their food or save it in order to survive the next turn.