Stray Fawn Community

Day / Night Cycles with genes to adapt.

Jelly

I'd love to see a day and night cycle, or if it'd take too long to develop, islands where it's always night would also work.

It would be really fun to try to adapt nichelings to the dark with thick fur for the cold nighttime, night-vision, adaptations to catch prey that only comes out at night etc.

Maybe there could be a bioluminescence gene, too?

Whenever I am breeding my animals I always love to breed darker, beautiful fur coats but I realize that this will negatively affect their camouflage. So, maybe night time could have their own distinct beneficial genes starting with darker coats. Maybe for nighttime to be activated you would need to breed nocturnal animals? This way your normal tribe would be active in the day while your nocturnal tribe slept. Or instead of a nighttime and daytime tribe, this could be an additional mode separate from Daytime to keep it less complex. It's a fun but complicated idea that could go multiple directions based on where the community and studio want to go with it. This could be a fun way to introduce new traits and predators:

- Night Vision/Big Eyes/Slit Eyes (To absorb limited light)

- Glowing limbs?? (To see your surroundings/also makes you visible to predators)

- Nocturnal Predators (To hunt you duh)

- Nocturnal Sleep Cycle (Awake at night, asleep in day)

- Darker fur (To camouflage)

- ETC

Feel free to suggest more Nocturnal Traits  :D

I think something as simple as allowing anything that hasn't used energy during the day to do so at night would be enough to begin a whole nocturnal lifestyle with your chosen nicheling, especially if some of Rice's genes are added alongside.

One thing I like particularly is the biolumiescant gene. Maybe have it be a pattern you have to unlock/breed in?

Maybe their eyes glow in the night time? Representing how the moon reflects on them? I know it doesnt work that way, but just imagine a creature with blue glowing eyes! Wouldn't that bee cool? Or maybe it could be a whole other gene. It makes the creature who has the "glowing eyes" have less night vision, but the others around him/her would see better.