Stray Fawn Community

Medyk

Cloude

1400564127_2021-02-08(9).thumb.png.6310e718f289bab5204d8f2f2de68ba8.png

Melan hopped up onto the trunk, raising her head and letting out a loud squeak. She tried a few times to make a call, then shook her head and turned to face everyone.

“This island will start a new era for our tribe. A better, stronger nest for our generations will start here.”

Truce rushed up to her side with an eager smile, looking back at the tribe, the same as Melan had.

“And we get to heal ourselves here! I’ve heard places like these hold smelly healing fruits!”

Melan stared down at Truce, narrowing her eyes a bit before looking back at the tribe. “Yes.. That too.”

She crossed a paw over another, then turned around and lay upon the stump. Everyone else disbanded from there.

• Like 4

“The first step is repopulation.” A spotted male spoke up, turning to those around him.

“If we want to thrive, we must repopulate.”

The winged female beside him recoiled, baring her teeth a bit before scoffing. “Since when were you our boss? Melan was the leader’s daughter, not you.”

“Calm down, prissy-paw. You can sit around on your high-top some more.” Zeno turned to Mary, raising a brow. “You?”

“Oh. Uhm, sure, though I don’t know if I’d be the best fit.” She shuffled her webbed paws, looking down at the blades of grass surrounding her.

Zeno leaned forward and wrapped his tail around her, intertwining with hers. “There’s plenty around to help raise a cub.”

2021-02-08 (10).png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Interesting, is there backstory to this? Also, what island are you on and what's your plan with this tribe? Is there any challenges? Or are you just winging it?

Backstory, partailly.

Island, Jungle Gate.

Plan, yet to be spoiled.

Challenges, many.

Winging it? Since when have I ever winged it? ' 🙃

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Printe, the Foxy said:

Backstory, partailly.

Island, Jungle Gate.

Plan, yet to be spoiled.

Challenges, many.

Winging it? Since when have I ever winged it? ' 🙃

lol ok, do u have previous thread/post outlining what challenges/backstory there is? If you can link to it that would be great :)

17 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

lol ok, do u have previous thread/post outlining what challenges/backstory there is? If you can link to it that would be great :)

Well saying who they're related to would ruin part of the mystery, and the challenges tend to vary between which go/goddess is ruling over the playthrough, which is also meant to be a mystery. (Except to Kat, but that's because she helps me.)

Mary stared down at the spotted cub, then looked around at the nichelings surrounding her.

“What’s her name?” The spotted orange male spoke up, reaching a paw out to place a shell on the cub’s chest.

“Genevieve.. Genevieve Marigold.”

“Huh. That’s a neat name. I’ll take her.” Before Mary had time to respond, Control bent over and picked up the cub by the scruff. He turned and walked off, and Mary listened to the mews of the cub trail off.

1306785147_2021-02-09(2).thumb.png.7da0425491f5f2fca40f730c408e1951.png

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Non-Printe, the Foxy said:

Mary stared down at the spotted cub, then looked around at the nichelings surrounding her.

“What’s her name?” The spotted orange male spoke up, reaching a paw out to place a shell on the cub’s chest.

“Genevieve.. Genevieve Marigold.”

“Huh. That’s a neat name. I’ll take her.” Before Mary had time to respond, Control bent over and picked up the cub by the scruff. He turned and walked off, and Mary listened to the mews of the cub trail off.

1306785147_2021-02-09(2).thumb.png.7da0425491f5f2fca40f730c408e1951.png

The vibe I got:

150466963_memekidnap.thumb.jpg.3bb03e384761183f3c07ec7929c443aa.jpg

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, FawnCat said:

@Non-Printe, the Foxy Had some free time. Did fanart of Venus and Quack.:)

847372731_venusandquackNiche.thumb.png.5e4638354e6bba023d7a4ffa9141dc4e.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CUTIES

CUTIES

I'M DEATHING HELP

• Eek! 1

Mary curled around yet another set of twins, sighing in response to constant questions from the Coal twins.

“Please, silence you two. I’m trying to take care of them.”

“You need help?”

Mary looked up at Melan, who was in the nest with a sleeping cub.

“Please?” Mary gave a nervous look before pulling one of her wandering cubs back into the nest.

“Quack, Venus, come here please.” Melan lifted her head a bit, watching as the two ran up to the stump. She then lowered her tone to a whisper, quiet enough so only the children could hear. “You two should explore the island, I heard there’s friendly plants in the jungle that stick their tongue out at nichelings like us. Y’know, a sense of humour.”

“Do they give hugs?” Venus questioned, following with the whispered tone. Quack’s head perked up in curiosity.

“Why of course, I’m sure if you ask nicely they’ll let you give them a hug. They may be a bit on the silent side though.” Melan smirked, watching as the twins looked at each other in excitement. The twins then looked back up at her before running off.

Melan then looked back at Mary, who seemed to be a bit worried. “They’re off to find us some food. I just made it a bit more fun for them.”

Mary relaxed hearing that, letting herself rest her head. “At least they’re being productive then.”

334193299_2021-02-09(5).thumb.png.3b3ea50ff9cac165b0e66467fc6c2fc7.png

• Sad 2

“Dad..?”

Genevieve stared up at Control, who’d been sleeping atop a stump.

“Dad, I have a bad feeling..”

“Dad, please wake up..”

“Dad..”

She prodded at his shoulder, even beginning to poke at his eyes. 

“Dad, where’s mom?”

She stared up at the sleeping male, not expecting a response, but almost expecting worse.

She sat in silence for the next few moments, before turning and beginning to head off. She halted when a booming voice came from behind her.

“Stop right there. Where do you think you’re going?”

Genevieve turned back, laying back next to the stump. “Apologies, father..”

1818123475_2021-03-07(1).thumb.png.fde207c6a92853189994fdc63eea3931.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

901776910_2021-03-07(2).thumb.png.ec8710bd9b08f534eba0b0d4e8f62257.png

“So? What are their names?” Melan questioned, laying on her stomach and leaning her head against a paw.

Mary shuffled a bit before putting a paw each on the twin’s heads. She gestured to the female first, saying “Jill Ruby,” before turning to the other cub and saying “Cork Ruby,”

Finally, she brought her paws back and looked down at the newborn between her paws. “And Spot Opalite.”

Melan nodded, acting amused before sitting up. “Well that’s awfully nice.” She then looked down at the twins, along with her own daughter. “How about you three go play? Give mom some space.” 

Zenaya quickly nodded her head and ran off, followed by Jill and a hesitant Cork. Mary had a bad feeling, but didn’t have time to stop the twins before they were too far.

Mary turned to Melan, who kept a smirk and gaze on the newborn. Mary curled her tail around the cub, turning away from the bat-headed female.

• Like 2

Mary kept her cubs close, trying to avoid letting Spot get any closer to Melan. The young cub whined in frustration after the eighteenth attempt to go towards the female upon the stump. The next time Mary blocked him, he bit her paw and jumped over, running up to the stump and staring up eagerly at Melan.

“Hi! Do you know my mom?” Spot gave a big, excited smile as Melan stared down at him with soft eyes.

“Of course I do. She’s the talk of the tribe, you know. Say, has she told you about your siblings?” Melan gave a curious look, laying down on her stomach so that her and the cub were face-to-face.

“Yeah! She said they’ll be back soon. I can’t wait to meet them all! Ruben’s too small to play with, and they sound fun!” Spot wagged his tail, crawling up onto the stump and sitting down beside Melan. “Do you have any kids?” He tilted his head, flicking one of his ears.

“Why of course. I have a young lady by the name of Zayana.” She ruffled the young male’s mane before sitting up. “You should go back to your mother though. Just keep in mind that I’ll always be around.”

“Okay! See ya later ma’am!” Spot quickly hopped off the stump and ran back over to Mary, who quickly pulled him in and gave him a stern talking to.

1857453395_2021-03-07(3).thumb.png.8c886b5636113660577846d0e02fc028.png

• Like 2

Luu had pulled Genevieve aside in the morning, hurrying her towards the outskirts of the island. Genevieve was confused, but went along with her anyways.

Genevieve eventually started running ahead, though was caught off-guard when something reached out and pulled her in.

Luu quickly ran to help her out, clawing desperately at the outside of the plant though getting nowhere. She started calling out for help, trying her best to free the young female.

319326515_2021-03-07(4).thumb.png.86c9569bee9320aa4dc890b7570cf727.png

• Sad 2

Mary began to lead her remaining children away, not wanting them anywhere near Melan. She wouldn’t wait to see where the others went, as she wasn’t sure if they’d even come back. She was more worried about getting those she had left away, though growling ahead didn’t bode well for her.
435999739_2021-03-07(5).thumb.png.adebbf0d2bcb3ef0dbfa5842db3f30e7.png

• Like 2

So, either Melan is super jealous of Mary. For having more children or with who she's having the children with. I mean I can't think why else she would send them to their death.

The first pair V and Q I thought it was because she saw them as defects with one having a no paw and didn't want them to weaken the tribe.

Then the second pair J and C where sent of with her daughter. Now I doubt that the daughter could kill them so either Melan planned something and her daughter is just a decoy or it was just to get the kids away from Mary so that she has more control over them.

Spot might be a potential mate for her daughter as she treated him a bit differently in the sense that she placed a paw on his mane to ruffle it. Where she never came into physical contact with the others.

Ruben is to small and haven't had any contact with Melan so it's yet to see it she had plans for him.

Poor Mary.

Genevieve also has a sad live, her "dad" is terrible and now she was 'eaten' by a plant.

The three kept running, not caring much for their surroundings as they entered the area of huge trees. Jill lead the group, Cork and Zenaya following close behind. Zenaya screamed when a plant opened and pulled Jill in out of nowhere, and Cork quickly pounced at it. “Let her go!” He yelled, getting no pleasure in the sight of the plant chewing his sister.

485081976_2021-03-07(6).thumb.png.a958f774f8497b99db63204aaab6b271.png

• Sad 2

2021-03-08.thumb.png.5581b7fe7d8d23ba22349a92217afcac.png

After escaping the plant, Genevieve had managed to get herself stuck with a cub. She sat on the cold ports, staring down a rabbil as she got lost in her thoughts. 

Her own father… Or, at least the nicheling she thought was her father.

Why?

• Sad 2

1873970781_2021-03-08(1).thumb.png.fae99082ada66da03ae59067d6b7ecc5.png

“Hey Venus… Do you think we should go back to mom?” Quack looked down at his sleeping sister, frowning before pouncing at a rabbil. “I’ve been thinking.”

He started collecting pieces of meat from the dead rabbil.

“What if we’re better off? I mean, the world is our oyster. These plants listen to us mighty well too. What if we were meant for this power?”

“What if I was meant for power?”

• Like 2

“Zen… Why do you run? Come back to mother!”

Zen kept running, eventually collapsing in exhaustion. She looked back, fear running through her body. She tried to silence her breathing so Melan wouldn’t find her, even though she had ran in a straight line.

2060850325_2021-03-08(3).thumb.png.69de774782299bf5a3cfd9184d1eb5de.png

• Like 2