Stray Fawn Community

How do I do Niche commands

Chiyanna

I'd like to use some niche commands for story purposes. I would like to use them for my storymode playthrough, so is it possible to use commands in storymode? I've never used commands before so if you could tell me how to basically find and leave and use the command bar/menu that would be helpful. The commands I'd like to be able to use are: the command to take away food from food counter (and add but mostly interested in taking away). And disappear a nicheling. And maybe add a nicheling to the island if that's even possible. Any other useful/fun commands would be appreciated too.

4 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

I'd like to use some niche commands for story purposes. I would like to use them for my storymode playthrough, so is it possible to use commands in storymode? I've never used commands before so if you could tell me how to basically find and leave and use the command bar/menu that would be helpful. The commands I'd like to be able to use are: the command to take away food from food counter (and add but mostly interested in taking away). And disappear a nicheling. And maybe add a nicheling to the island if that's even possible. Any other useful/fun commands would be appreciated too.

to access the console press f1. 

changing food count: Changeberrycount (amount) to remove food use negative numbers

delete nichelings from existance: Deleteoccupant, can also delete other selectable animals

kill nichelings: takedamage (amount) (reason,facultative), snadbox multipliers apply to this command, be careful

adding status effects: addstatuseffect (status) DO NOT make a nicheling pregnant if she hasn't had any other children beforehand, it will break the game by spawning a demon

moving animals around: moveoccupant, you can move animals anywhere with this, though they will take damage if placed inside thorns 

Changing age: increaseage, negative numbers to age down

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, modiano said:

to access the console press f1. 

changing food count: Changeberrycount (amount) to remove food use negative numbers

delete nichelings from existance: Deleteoccupant, can also delete other selectable animals

kill nichelings: takedamage (amount) (reason,facultative), snadbox multipliers apply to this command, be careful

adding status effects: addstatuseffect (status) DO NOT make a nicheling pregnant if she hasn't had any other children beforehand, it will break the game by spawning a demon

moving animals around: moveoccupant, you can move animals anywhere with this, though they will take damage if placed inside thorns 

Changing age: increaseage, negative numbers to age down

Thanks for your help :) these will be useful. So you can use commands in storymode and it won't break anything? Also, do I put parenthesis around the stuff you put parenthesis around?

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

Thanks for your help :) these will be useful. So you can use commands in storymode and it won't break anything? Also, do I put parenthesis around the stuff you put parenthesis around?

no parenthesis. Story Mode will work just fine, though you might want to exit the save after a few cheats to avoid crashes.

Also forgot 2 other commands

Setgene (to change both gene slots type two genes, as otherwise it will fill with the same ex setgene pawberry = double nimble fingers, setgene pawberry pawclaw = nimble ingers and claw) Exit the save after using this as some changes might not take effect (also, if a child was concieved before the change it will inherit the old genes)

Jumptoweather, will change the weather, but trying to make it snow anywhere but in the mountains or rain in the mountains will cause the game to freak out and move the day counter 100 days forwards when you hit it. Your nichelings will be fine otherwise.

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, modiano said:

no parenthesis. Story Mode will work just fine, though you might want to exit the save after a few cheats to avoid crashes.

Also forgot 2 other commands

Setgene (to change both gene slots type two genes, as otherwise it will fill with the same ex setgene pawberry = double nimble fingers, setgene pawberry pawclaw = nimble ingers and claw) Exit the save after using this as some changes might not take effect (also, if a child was concieved before the change it will inherit the old genes)

Jumptoweather, will change the weather, but trying to make it snow anywhere but in the mountains or rain in the mountains will cause the game to freak out and move the day counter 100 days forwards when you hit it. Your nichelings will be fine otherwise.

Thanks for all your help :) I don't think I'll use those ones because I have no need to and don't want to cause the game to freak out but I might find a use for them in the future. I am definitely gonna use changeberrycount and moveoccupant and maybe the age command.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Chiyanna said:

@modiano
When I type in moveoccupant and click on a creature and then right click on a tile it says "no field selected" and does nothing. Am I missing something here?

It might not have registered the selection. Try to click more times or a bit away from the tile

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, modiano said:

It might not have registered the selection. Try to click more times or a bit away from the tile

Welp, I did a combination of pressing up and down arrows, enter, and right and left clicks and eventually it worked. I don't know exactly what I did and thus how to replicate it, but I have moved one nicheling successfully :) I exited the game and am going to put in my backed up savefile just to be sure my game really is safe/I did saves right before moving any more

• Like 1

I have finished moving the nichelings. But I also want to do damage to one of my nichelings. What are the different reasons and what do they all do exactly? Also why are there two reasons? Edamagereason and damagereason?

5 hours ago, modiano said:

Sorry for not noticing this. The reasons aren't really necessary unless you have modified damage settings. You Just have to put the points of damage

will predator make them bleed?

Just now, Chiyanna said:

will predator make them bleed?

Only damage types that could make a nicheling bleed normally have a chance to (ex. poison gives no bleed, carnivorous plant does). If you need someone to bleed, you can use addstatuseffect

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, modiano said:

Only damage types that could make a nicheling bleed normally have a chance to (ex. poison gives no bleed, carnivorous plant does). If you need someone to bleed, you can use addstatuseffect

(I'd still like to have a reason list, cause if I can do it in one command it decreases the chance of my game crashing)

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

(I'd still like to have a reason list, cause if I can do it in one command it decreases the chance of my game crashing)

Ageing

predator (bleeding chance)

hunger

cactus

poison

playeranimal (bleeding chance)

sickness

thornes

wound (Bleeding chance?)

oxygen

parasite

cold

fire

sleeping sickness

coconut

• Paw up 1

4 minutes ago, modiano said:

Ageing

predator (bleeding chance)

hunger

cactus

poison

playeranimal (bleeding chance)

sickness

thornes

wound (Bleeding chance?)

oxygen

parasite

cold

fire

sleeping sickness

coconut

(Thanks! oxygen is drowning right? And also does the others have their effects like coconut knocks them out and sleeping sickness does to and poison poisons them?)

Just now, Chiyanna said:

(Thanks! oxygen is drowning right? And also does the others have their effects like coconut knocks them out and sleeping sickness does to and poison poisons them?)

Oxygen is drowning, I'm not sure about the others, TIME TO EXPERIMENT ON WANDERERS

• Haha 1