Stray Fawn Community

New Bug Wings?

EmmaKat

Wings

I came up with something random recently and decided to post it on here. Please tell me if you have any suggestions for this idea!

Ok, first the wings. I had this idea around a day ago to suggest a pair of wings that wouldn't take up a paw space (like regular wings or nimble fingers). This is so the nichelings would get to use their hands and be able to fly (they would probably be less powerful than regular wings, though, to have a slight trade off). This idea is... *drumroll please*...

Bug wings! I thought these would look pretty cool, and kind of fit the jungle vibe that I wanted for them. I came up with some that looked a bit like dragonfly wings, and one that looked like ladybug wings (because they're so unique with the spotted (usually) red shell and everything). I'll list the possible criteria for the bug wings and ladybug wings here:

(Regular) Bug Wings:

- Invite an animal with these genes to your tribe

- Spend 30 days in the jungle/deep jungle

What they do:

- 4 flight

Ladybug Wings:

- Invite and animal with these genes to your tribe

- Spend 50 days in the jungle/deep jungle

What they do:

- 5 flight

- 1 distasteful scent

(apparently ladybugs smell bad when squished)

ALSO PLEASE READ: Since I've fixed the amount of flight the bug and ladybug wings do, I want to say that, since the wings don't take up a paw space (like regular wings), they also don't come in twos (what do you think about this? I might change it later), so for now, the flight mechanic is the 'total' flight amount given by both wings, since you can't have just one.

I also have concept art for this, so I'll put it here (ignore tree concept, I put those together but I'll make a different post for it that I might link once I finish if I can edit the post afterwards):

282846698_ScreenShot2021-02-28at12_10_14PM.png.ce0d6587281b6371aba1f68397d21e3c.png

(Also, please ignore most of the text on the concept art, because I might've changed something. It also says on the art, "Both bug + ladybug wings work the same as regular wings", but I hadn't included the stats yet. Yes, although they do work the same since they both fly, they don't have the same stats).

Anyway, please feel free to include other suggestions, comments, or anything else (please tell me if these seem too OP, too)!

Edited by EmmaKat
Ladybug stat changing for less OPness.
  • Love 3

9 replies to this post

I love this idea! Kinda weird to have bug wings on mammals but we already have antanae so why not. Would be very useful. I think they may be a bit OP but I don't know/remember the stats for regualar wigs. If someone could tell me those I would be able to determine if the flying stat should be decreased or not.

2 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I love this idea! Kinda weird to have bug wings on mammals but we already have antanae so why not. Would be very useful. I think they may be a bit OP but I don't know/remember the stats for regualar wigs. If someone could tell me those I would be able to determine if the flying stat should be decreased or not.

The stats for the regular wings is 8 flight if paired :D

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, alex602h said:

The stats for the regular wings is 8 flight if paired :D

I actually didn't know this either! Thanks for telling me. Now I can accurately change the wing stats (which I'll do right now). Please do tell me if the stats are still a bit OP, tho.

• Paw up 1

55 minutes ago, EmmaKat said:

I actually didn't know this either! Thanks for telling me. Now I can accurately change the wing stats (which I'll do right now). Please do tell me if the stats are still a bit OP, tho.

The ladybug wings still seem op to me, especially since you also get a distatasteful smell. But I don't think you should decrease the regular bug wings anymore, and that's a good ratio between the two, so IDK if you should change anything

• Paw up 1

Just now, Chiyanna said:

The ladybug wings still seem op to me, especially since you also get a distatasteful smell. But I don't think you should decrease the regular bug wings anymore, and that's a good ratio between the two, so IDK if you should change anything

Hmm... do you think I should change the ladybug wings to be 4 or 5 flight? Maybe less but I feel like that would defeat the purpose and people would just go for the regular bug wings instead? Not sure yet, I'll change it to 5 for now but please tell me if you have any more suggestions with the ladybug wings. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmaKat said:

Hmm... do you think I should change the ladybug wings to be 4 or 5 flight? Maybe less but I feel like that would defeat the purpose and people would just go for the regular bug wings instead? Not sure yet, I'll change it to 5 for now but please tell me if you have any more suggestions with the ladybug wings. Thanks!

Yeah, I don't know myself. five is probably a good number, maybe increase the distasteful smell by one?

29 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Yeah, I don't know myself. five is probably a good number, maybe increase the distasteful smell by one?

I was thinking about increasing the distasteful scent, but I saw that the stinky tail only had 1 distasteful scent (I'm pretty sure) so I thought it would be weird to have more than something name 'Stinky tail'. I'll check the wiki again to make sure tho

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EmmaKat said:

I was thinking about increasing the distasteful scent, but I saw that the stinky tail only had 1 distasteful scent (I'm pretty sure) so I thought it would be weird to have more than something name 'Stinky tail'. I'll check the wiki again to make sure tho

Ah that makes sense, that's probably a good instinct.

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

Ah that makes sense, that's probably a good instinct.

Yea, I'm really glad that these didn't end up too OP, so I think I've pretty much figured out these stats.

Anyway, please tell me if you have any more suggestions :)

• Eek! 1