Stray Fawn Community

New Tall Tree? (2 'Floors')

EmmaKat

So this idea of a tall tree is made mostly for the deep jungle island (0-2 tall trees per island), and maybe the jungle island (0-1 tall trees per island).

The idea is for the tree to be 2 stories tall, with one small branch with a 'poof' of leaves at the end of it branching off of the main tree. The poof acts as a tile, and occasionally spawns with a natural nest. To get to the highest point in the tree (the top part) from the ground right next to it, you'll have to have some sort of wings (feathered wings, bat wings...). If you have any of those, you'll have to use 2 moves; one to get to the branch poof, and the other to get to the top. The apes can still get you if you're on the branch poof, but they can't climb or fly so they won't be able to get to the top part of the tree.

Concept art (ignore the wing concepts, those are on another page here): 

Ok, now here's the concept art:

1132807555_ScreenShot2021-02-28at12_10_14PM.png.cb31c8727043e8aeadb697789f05b9ea.png

• Love 2

6 replies to this post

9 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

This is a great idea! Will give more use for wings and may make it easier to survive in jungle. Upvote :)

Thanks! I was a bit worried that it'd be a bit too OP (if your nichelings had wings) because the apes wouldn't be able to get to the top of the tree, but I'm glad to know it isn't that OP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmmaKat said:

Thanks! I was a bit worried that it'd be a bit too OP (if your nichelings had wings) because the apes wouldn't be able to get to the top of the tree, but I'm glad to know it isn't that OP.

Well, if only one or two nichelings can fit up there it should be fine. They can still reach the bottom poof where nests would spawn. I think that should also deter them though. Like if there's nichelings on the ground they should go after those first. Unless the ones in tree are only one around. The jungle is a challenging biome so I'm not too worried about the tree being OP.

• Paw up 1

38 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Well, if only one or two nichelings can fit up there it should be fine. They can still reach the bottom poof where nests would spawn. I think that should also deter them though. Like if there's nichelings on the ground they should go after those first. Unless the ones in tree are only one around. The jungle is a challenging biome so I'm not too worried about the tree being OP.

Ok, thanks! (And yes, just to confirm, only two nichelings in total can fit on the tree at a time, with only one of them being completely safe. I really like the idea of them being on the tree and detering apes, who would go for the ground nichelings first (unless there aren't any ground nichelings, of course)

Edit: Ok, yep, the stinky tail only has +1 distasteful scent

• Eek! 1

9 minutes ago, EmmaKat said:

Ok, thanks! (And yes, just to confirm, only two nichelings in total can fit on the tree at a time, with only one of them being completely safe. I really like the idea of them being on the tree and detering apes, who would go for the ground nichelings first (unless there aren't any ground nichelings, of course)

Yeah :)

• Thanks 1