Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community

Purr healing effect goes away when I exit the game


Chiyanna
 Share

Recommended Posts

It appears that every time I exit the game and come back (usually a week later), the healing effect given to creatures by being purring goes away and I have to reapply it again. I didn't really notice or care until a creature that I was going to do something interesting with (Dondon the psychopath) died. He had one day left and like 6 days of damage so I brought a purr-snout over to heal him. I went to the next turn and he was healed and didn't die. I do his moves, exit the game mid-turn as I often do in my storymode series, come back next time I record an episode, finish the rest of my nichelings moves, press the spacebar, note I have alot of nichelings that died. Finally realize like 5-10 minutes later that Dondon died, scrap my story plans for the episode, and keep going for the duration of the episode a bit shocked and saddened. Then, I think it over, and realize he couldn't have died unless the purr effect went away. And then think back and realize that this always happens when I leave the game.

I could just re-purr or apply it with console commands, but I often forget things and that's really inconvenient. Since I have over 100 nichelings and are big on story it usually takes me over 20 minutes to get through a single turn, sometimes even 30 or 40. And that's plenty for one episode, so I usually play one turn of niche and then leave the game. So you can see how this would be a problem. I wonder if others are experiencing the same thing too. Thankfully, I did back up my save-file a few turns ago so I can get Dondon back if need be, but others may have lost their nichelings this way and I may loose more this way in the future. In fact I probably already have but didn't notice. Anyways, I hope that if this is an issue the devs will fix it in a future update. Thanks for reading this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, modiano said:

Wait, if he, had received some healing already he shouldn't have died the next day. Maybe there was a bearyena?

(But he was healed one day, and aged one day, so it's the same amount of space between. If the purr effect had gone on like it's supposed to, he would've kept healing one day for each day he aged, and he would've been fine. But the healing effect was only applied one day, and he ages and was healed one day of damage. Then I did his turn and a few other nichelings turns, left the game, came back, and skipped to next day. He still aged a day, but wasn't healed that day too, and he still had only one day before the red bar, so he died. It's a bit confusing I know, but basically the purr effect only happens when you skip the day, so they can only be healed one day for each one day lived. It's not a problem if your creature has more than one day before death in the first place, but if they have exactly one day before they reach the red, then the heal effect will only preserve their life for how many days the nicheling lives, so if it goes away, then the nicheling still dies that very day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(But he was healed one day, and aged one day, so it's the same amount of space between. If the purr effect had gone on like it's supposed to, he would've kept healing one day for each day he aged, and he would've been fine. But the healing effect was only applied one day, and he ages and was healed one day of damage. Then I did his turn and a few other nichelings turns, left the game, came back, and skipped to next day. He still aged a day, but wasn't healed that day too, and he still had only one day before the red bar, so he died. It's a bit confusing I know, but basically the purr effect only happens when you skip the day, so they can only be healed one day for each one day lived. It's not a problem if your creature has more than one day before death in the first place, but if they have exactly one day before they reach the red, then the heal effect will only preserve their life for how many days the nicheling lives, so if it goes away, then the nicheling still dies that very day.

If he had only one day left the healing wouldn't have happened in time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, modiano said:

If he had only one day left the healing wouldn't have happened in time

IDK, it's recorded in my storymode playthrough (episodes 23 and 24 pretty sure) if you want to watch back the footage and figure it out. I did use the give damage command a couple turns ago on him (to simulate a fight he had), which is mostly why he needed healing in the first place. Then I saw he was going to die soon and healed him with purr-face creature. All I know is he should've kept getting healed but he died instead, and that the healing effect had gone away on my nichelings before when I exited the game. And there were no bearyenas, I would've heard and saw them. If you can figure out what else happened to kill him that would be great, but even if he would've died anyways, the fact remains that every time I exit my game the purr effect goes away. I don't know why. Maybe it's supposed to happen. I thought the healing happens in the night sequence before the aging/dying, but I don't know for sure. If the aging/dying happens first then all creatures who are one day away from the damage bar should die even if you have someone purr for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

IDK, it's recorded in my storymode playthrough (episodes 23 and 24 pretty sure) if you want to watch back the footage and figure it out. I did use the give damage command a couple turns ago on him (to simulate a fight he had), which is mostly why he needed healing in the first place. Then I saw he was going to die soon and healed him with purr-face creature. All I know is he should've kept getting healed but he died instead, and that the healing effect had gone away on my nichelings before when I exited the game. And there were no bearyenas, I would've heard and saw them. If you can figure out what else happened to kill him that would be great, but even if he would've died anyways, the fact remains that every time I exit my game the purr effect goes away. I don't know why. Maybe it's supposed to happen. I thought the healing happens in the night sequence before the aging/dying, but I don't know for sure. If the aging/dying happens first then all creatures who are one day away from the damage bar should die even if you have someone purr for them.

I'm going to test this

  • Paw up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Alright, let me know what you find out!

Finished testing:

Leaving my game did not cancel the healing

Healing lasts for only 3 days, may have ran out

You have 100 nichelings, maybe it caused the game to skip some events? Time to make a giant tribe and find out

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, modiano said:

Finished testing:

Leaving my game did not cancel the healing

Healing lasts for only 3 days, may have ran out

You have 100 nichelings, maybe it caused the game to skip some events? Time to make a giant tribe and find out

Did you test and see whether they age first or healing happens first? By seeing if a creature on their last day can be healed. I'm pretty darn sure it goes away when I exit the game, but maybe that's an illusion. Maybe it does have something to do wth the size of my tribe, or my computer/game version. Pretty sure I'm in the newsest version but maybe I'm not. I must test it on my own and see if it happens just on mine for some strange reason. I've been playing on my desktop lately, so I'll have to test that when I get back home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Did you test and see whether they age first or healing happens first? By seeing if a creature on their last day can be healed. I'm pretty darn sure it goes away when I exit the game, but maybe that's an illusion. Maybe it does have something to do wth the size of my tribe, or my computer/game version. Pretty sure I'm in the newsest version but maybe I'm not. I must test it on my own and see if it happens just on mine for some strange reason. I've been playing on my desktop lately, so I'll have to test that when I get back home.

They age first, I made a giant tribe and it still worked. Maybe it ran out and you didn't notice?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, modiano said:

They age first, I made a giant tribe and it still worked. Maybe it ran out and you didn't notice?

(Maybe, I shall have to test it when I get back home.Will let you know what happens. If they age first, it was probably a glitch he survived the first turn. Or do they age, then heal, then die last? That wouldn't make much sense to me though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chiyanna said:

(Maybe, I shall have to test it when I get back home.Will let you know what happens. If they age first, it was probably a glitch he survived the first turn. Or do they age, then heal, then die last? That wouldn't make much sense to me though)

They die immediately

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, modiano said:

They die immediately

(Thanks for your help. Since you follow the storymode playthrough., do you think I should ressurect the psychopath using my back-up save so I can maybe create a roleplay, playthrough or challenge based off them, or should I just let them die?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

(Thanks for your help. Since you follow the storymode playthrough., do you think I should ressurect the psychopath using my back-up save so I can maybe create a roleplay, playthrough or challenge based off them, or should I just let them die?)

If you want to revive him do it, I think it would be interesting

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, modiano said:

If you want to revive him do it, I think it would be interesting

(another thing I have to do when I get back to my desktop computer, the save file backup is on there lol. If I do revive him, I may start a thread to discuss what exactly I should do and see if the support for something like a roleplay is there)

  • Paw up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...