but i know something's there

i take three steps forward, and i fall asleep

this has happened more times than i can count

it's a pattern

i close my eyes, but before i fall asleep
they come

and stare at me through the darkness

----

Hello, and welcome to something's moving (A Niche Sim/RP)!

Gore Warning
There will be some blood.

Rules

Aging/Time

You start as an adult nicheling, and only have a certain amount of action points per day before you have to sleep.
Each action your character takes takes an action point, with some exceptions.

Exceptions: A conversation only uses 1 point per character. Using the senses you can use in Niche (sight, smell, hearing) do not count as actions. Standing up or sitting down does not count as an action.

Also, if you are doing more than one action at a time, then that many points will be taken.

Some changes or a few more exceptions may be made.

You do not age in this sim, but days will be tracked.

Island and NPCS

You start on a peaceful meadow island.

2021_03_22_0lh_Kleki.thumb.png.4bd7c6ebcf88543bf51d8ff491f3a1b8.png

(Picture for reference)
The center of the island, where the two rivers almost meet, a tribe lives. not much is known about them, as they are very skittish and blend in well with their surroundings. Their leader is said to be one named Fin.

Other

if you die, you can reset as another nicheling.
Also, you can starve. Watch out for that.

---

Day: 3

---

Form:

Name:

Pronouns:

Looks/picture:

Other:

---
Players (Will start once I have 2 or more):

@Chiyanna

Name: Mekir
Looks/picture:
405252838_Mekir1.PNG.4c9e9f9cb033ba0fa43df836448314a4.PNG
1845711621_Mekir2.PNG.8ba6f8d7c692b0b0cad4a9277a396bf4.PNG
Other: Spends most of his time in shallow water. Isn't very good at collecting food so was banished from his native tribe. Found a port while exploring in the water and took it to this new island. A wanderer had pity on him and gave him some food while on his tribe's island, (6 food is left now) this is his main food supply. He gets most of his earned food by digging up worms, despite not having the genes for it. Very rarely ever tries to gather berries. Is friendly toward wanderers, loners, and rogues. Stays away from large groups. Is fairly interested in finding a mate, but will only become mates with someone they have bonded with and trust. Is quite young, but has been an adult for a bit now.

Ended day: No

-

Lady

Female

20210314161753_1.thumb.jpg.e992105d24cf29927faca54d7eb983c9.jpg

Other: Sickly. Spends most of the time near the shore and usually only ventures inland for food. She has a pet leech, because.

Ended day: No

---

I will be most active responding to things usually mid-afternoon or later evening (things may be different depending on your timezone), so I'm sorry for delayed responses!

• Paw up 1

• irisflowering changed the title to something's moving (A Niche Sim/RP)
20 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

@da1sy When you say talking takes one action point, do you mean one conversation or every time your character talks? Also what if your character talks as they walk or chase a bunny or gather berries?))

I will explain this more in the rules, sorry!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

@da1sy When you say talking takes one action point, do you mean one conversation or every time your character talks? Also what if your character talks as they walk or chase a bunny or gather berries?))

So like what you said, a whole conversation takes up a point. If you were chasing a bunny and talking, well then it would be 2 points. Does that make sense? Sorry for not explaining it the best.

• Paw up 1

Just now, da1sy said:

So like what you said, a whole conversation takes up a point. If you were chasing a bunny and talking, well then it would be 2 points. Does that make sense? Sorry for not explaining it the best.

(A whole conversation makes sense, but then what exactly does a conversation entail? Oh well, perhaps it'll become clearer as we go along)

2 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(A whole conversation makes sense, but then what exactly does a conversation entail? Oh well, perhaps it'll become clearer as we go along)

Yeah, it'll probably make more sense later.
Personally, I think a conversation would count as nichelings talking, and there really isn't a certain amount of things they can say. Just when the conversation is over, then an action point would be taken away.

• Paw up 1

(I legit randomized three nichelings and then rolled a dice to see which one I got...this is the result)
Name: Mekir
Looks/picture:
405252838_Mekir1.PNG.4c9e9f9cb033ba0fa43df836448314a4.PNG
1845711621_Mekir2.PNG.8ba6f8d7c692b0b0cad4a9277a396bf4.PNG
Other: Spends most of his time in shallow water. Isn't very good at collecting food so was banished from his native tribe. Found a port while exploring in the water and took it to this new island. A wanderer had pity on him and gave him some food while on his tribe's island, (6 food is left now) this is his main food supply. He gets most of his earned food by digging up worms, despite not having the genes for it. Very rarely ever tries to gather berries. Is friendly toward wanderers, loners, and rogues. Stays away from large groups. Is fairly interested in finding a mate, but will only become mates with someone they have bonded with and trust. Is quite young, but has been an adult for a bit now.

5 minutes ago, da1sy said:

@Chiyanna
I edited the rules, tell me if it makes more sense!

(It does make more sense, thanks. Also, what are the age settings/how many days does a nicheling live? And what island are we on? Are there any large tribes or tribes at all?)

2 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(It does make more sense, thanks. Also, what are the age settings/how many days does a nicheling live? And what island are we on? Are there any large tribes or tribes at all?)

(I'm not really sure for any of these. i would say pretty long life spans, not sure for the island, probably a peaceful meadow, and I don't think there are any tribes, but I could make one if you preferred. I wasn't really going to focus on age spans/tribes and stuff like that, the time is more kind of like limbo? No one really seems to ever get older, like just a repeating cycle of events. Sorry for not making that more clear.)

• Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, da1sy said:

(I'm not really sure for any of these. i would say pretty long life spans, not sure for the island, probably a peaceful meadow, and I don't think there are any tribes, but I could make one if you preferred. I wasn't really going to focus on age spans/tribes and stuff like that, the time is more kind of like limbo? No one really seems to ever get older, like just a repeating cycle of events. Sorry for not making that more clear.)

(Well I thought it would make sense with the structured turn cycle to have each 3 turns of all creatures be a day. Maybe something like 100 days per nicheling?)

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(Well I thought it would make sense with the structured turn cycle to have each 3 turns of all creatures be a day. Maybe something like 100 days per nicheling?)

(Yeah, I was planning to do that (3 turns per nichelings). I updated the info again, hope that's helpful. I think the nicheling's days will be numbered, but not exactly with age? Give me a bit to develop this, I'm also going to make a tribe! ^^
thanks for the feedback!)

• Paw up 1

@Chiyanna

DAY 1

You are not tired.

You can feel yourself gain consciousness. You can't see anything, however. The ground underneath you is soft, and you can smell something floral.

What will you do?

-Open your eyes

-Move around
-Call out
-

DAY 1

@snakeiano

You are not tired.

You can feel yourself gain consciousness. You can't see anything, however. The ground underneath you is rough, and you can smell the scent of the ocean.

What will you do?

-Open your eyes

-Move around
-Call out

-

(You guys will start out similarly.)

• Paw up 1

22 minutes ago, da1sy said:

@Chiyanna

DAY 1

You are not tired.

You can feel yourself gain consciousness. You can't see anything, however. The ground underneath you is soft, and you can smell something floral.

What will you do?

-Open your eyes

-Move around
-Call out
-

DAY 1

@snakeiano

You are not tired.

You can feel yourself gain consciousness. You can't see anything, however. The ground underneath you is rough, and you can smell the scent of the ocean.

What will you do?

-Open your eyes

-Move around
-Call out

-

(You guys will start out similarly.)

-open your eyes

1 minute ago, snakeiano said:

-open your eyes

You are not tired.

You open your eyes, and a dim light greets you. You look around, and even though you can see everything clearly, it still seems.. dark.

You are on a warm, sandy beach. You can hear the crashing of the tide.

What will you do?
-Move towards ocean.

-Look around again

-Use your other senses

-Call out

-Sleep

1 minute ago, da1sy said:

You are not tired.

You open your eyes, and a dim light greets you. You look around, and even though you can see everything clearly, it still seems.. dark.

You are on a warm, sandy beach. You can hear the crashing of the tide.

What will you do?
-Move towards ocean.

-Look around again

-Use your other senses

-Call out

-Sleep

move towards the ocean

2 minutes ago, snakeiano said:

move towards the ocean

You are not very tired

You step towards the ocean, and the water washes over your back paws. Silver creatures dart away as soon as you enter the water.

What will you do?

-Go after the fish
-Go deeper
-Turn back
-Look around

-Sleep

-Other

Just now, da1sy said:

You are not very tired

You step towards the ocean, and the water washes over your back paws. Silver creatures dart away as soon as you enter the water.

What will you do?

-Go after the fish
-Go deeper
-Turn back
-Look around

-Sleep

-Other

look around

2 minutes ago, snakeiano said:

look around

You are not very tired

The ocean stretches out in front of you, and seems to go on forever. The island behind you is bright and green, and you can see berries bushes on the grassy land, tempting you.
A leech is also trying to bite you.

What will you do?

-Attack the leech
-Move
-Look around

-Go for the berries
-Sleep
-Other
(i'm updating the rules, you may want to look there! Just stuff about food)

You are not very tired

The ocean stretches out in front of you, and seems to go on forever. The island behind you is bright and green, and you can see berries bushes on the grassy land, tempting you.
A leech is also trying to bite you.

What will you do?

-Attack the leech
-Move
-Look around

-Go for the berries
-Sleep
-Other
(i'm updating the rules, you may want to look there! Just stuff about food)

(She will never attack a leech) go for the berries

1 minute ago, snakeiano said:

(She will never attack a leech) go for the berries

You feel a little drowsy

You pet the leech, and head for the berries instead. It seems to give you a confused look, if leeches could give looks, but goes to bite a fish instead.

The berries are ripe, and seem to be a bright pink color. They look delicious.

What will you do?

-Pick the berries
-Move
-Look around

-Sleep

-Other

You feel a little drowsy

You pet the leech, and head for the berries instead. It seems to give you a confused look, if leeches could give looks, but goes to bite a fish instead.

The berries are ripe, and seem to be a bright pink color. They look delicious.

What will you do?

-Pick the berries
-Move
-Look around

-Sleep

-Other

pick the berries

Just now, snakeiano said:

pick the berries

You feel somewhat drowsy

You pluck the berries from the plant, and fill your belly some of them. You bury the rest in the sand for later.

A strange scent is coming from the center of the island.

What will you do?

-Follow the scent

-Go to the ocean

-move somewhere else

-Sleep

-Other