Stray Fawn Community

Mod's Homethread- Land of ✨ Waaaaaaaa ✨

Modiano Urania

On 10/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Modiano Cards said:

💫Snazz💫 

16341340414856910321210194011674.thumb.jpg.6615265e759dbb5365d14f941fb3a01b.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty proud of this, send criticism please

(looks good to me! of course I can't draw so I'm not rlly able to critisize other ppls stuff cause IDk what I'm talking about. If my sister were active on here I could tag her but unfortunately she is not....also she may be a little too vigorously critical...)

3 hours ago, Chousbbs said:

(looks good to me! of course I can't draw so I'm not rlly able to critisize other ppls stuff cause IDk what I'm talking about. If my sister were active on here I could tag her but unfortunately she is not....also she may be a little too vigorously critical...)

Criticize away, Chubbs' sister!

• Eek! 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:53 AM, Modiano Cards said:

Criticize away, Chubbs' sister!

Hello! Sister here. Some advice I can give would probably start off with the structure of the piece. The head is off-centered, so something that helps me personally is to draw out the lines of the face. One line for it's length, the other for the width. And smaller lines for details such as the eyes and mouth. That way, if you follow your lines it will end up being more centered. 

The second critique I can give is the weight of the lines. All of the lines seem to be close to the same width and opacity, including the detailing. For traditional art, have a very sharpened pencil. I mainly use a mechanical pencil personally. This way, you can control the thickness and hardness of your lines, making it have a lot more depth and detail.

And the third and final critique, is your use of angles and lines. Most of your shapes are very round and circular. This can be fine depending on your style, but given this piece looks to have more detail, that means you should also do more sharp shapes and lines. Such as triangles. One place that would have been good, is the chin/jaw of the creature. It would have made it look a lot more mysterious and powerful. If you have a hard time getting the lines right, I suggest looking at references. To be honest, just always look at references. It helps way more than I would have expected. 

I think that's all I'll give now, you did a really good job regardless and I really enjoy how the creature looks! It mainly comes down to execution and techniques that you can learn to make it when better. Hope you have a good day and this helped! 

• Thanks 1
  • Eek! 1

1 hour ago, xKatty said:

Hello! Sister here. Some advice I can give would probably start off with the structure of the piece. The head is off-centered, so something that helps me personally is to draw out the lines of the face. One line for it's length, the other for the width. And smaller lines for details such as the eyes and mouth. That way, if you follow your lines it will end up being more centered. 

The second critique I can give is the weight of the lines. All of the lines seem to be close to the same width and opacity, including the detailing. For traditional art, have a very sharpened pencil. I mainly use a mechanical pencil personally. This way, you can control the thickness and hardness of your lines, making it have a lot more depth and detail.

And the third and final critique, is your use of angles and lines. Most of your shapes are very round and circular. This can be fine depending on your style, but given this piece looks to have more detail, that means you should also do more sharp shapes and lines. Such as triangles. One place that would have been good, is the chin/jaw of the creature. It would have made it look a lot more mysterious and powerful. If you have a hard time getting the lines right, I suggest looking at references. To be honest, just always look at references. It helps way more than I would have expected. 

I think that's all I'll give now, you did a really good job regardless and I really enjoy how the creature looks! It mainly comes down to execution and techniques that you can learn to make it when better. Hope you have a good day and this helped! 

Thank you! I think it looks off-center because I took the photo slightly sideways, but i do also tend to draw like that too. He's supposed to have not much detail, since it's a shadow creature. I have no excuse for the round lines, i wasn't drunk enough for it to be understandable /j. Its eyes also came out wrong but you couldn't know that. I also couldn't use a specific pencil because I made it at school.

• Paw up 1

16318719275378491939250013906816.thumb.jpg.10bab906c684af099afbbc463baed584.jpg.91e911921831a9d2a721bf1248de2cd0.jpg

Bumble is a shapeshifter. Bumble's clawed arms are astral projections. Bumble probably doesn't have eyes. Or they're terrifying. Bumble's true forms are the one shown in the drawing and a striped dark yellow leviathan. Those things on the side of the head are feathers.

Adopt please

2 hours ago, Modiano Cards said:

Do you believe genderbending is transphobic????

i dont think so as long as theyre not like, mocking trans people with it or something [you mean when people like make a design for a fictional character as the opposite gender right]

• Paw up 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:35 PM, Modiano, Eater of Worlds said:

16318719275378491939250013906816.thumb.jpg.10bab906c684af099afbbc463baed584.jpg.91e911921831a9d2a721bf1248de2cd0.jpg

Bumble is a shapeshifter. Bumble's clawed arms are astral projections. Bumble probably doesn't have eyes. Or they're terrifying. Bumble's true forms are the one shown in the drawing and a striped dark yellow leviathan. Those things on the side of the head are feathers.

Adopt please

AAAAA