Stray Fawn Community

Story mode playthrough

Aquatic471

Oh boy, time to dump some tips here:

When you unlock purr snout using the stinky fruit trees, make sure to only lick your nichelings after they've used up their last turn collecting the fruits. It still gets rid of the smell, but it also wastes less turns on the nicheling that is licking the other. Speaking of licking, don't lick spiky bodied creatures unless you're also using a creature with 1 defense or higher. If a nicheling is drowning, DON'T move them to a tile that has water, regardless of whether or not they can breath in it. The game doesn't care about that, only if the creature is in water or not, and your creature will take more drowning damage. You're safe afterwards, though.

On the archipelago, always look for the shortest gaps between islands, hopefully with only one deep water tile. And remember: platypus beak and digging claw are your best friends. They're a bit hard to find and detect, but once you find a root or water worms, they give you plenty of food, especially if you have double digging claws and bird beak as well. (they also work really well on the mountain islands) Also, when your nicheling collects from cacti or destroys thorns, from what I remember, the game doesn't take into account your nicheling's defense stat, so they'll always give you a bit of damage, even if your creature is a god of defense.

Hot(and sometimes cold) islands are food drains, so only travel to them when you're sure you're prepared. If you're having food problems, remember: leeches count as food. Speaking of leeches, they die when trying to attach to toxic bodied nichelings. Also also, if you're having trouble pushing out a recessive gene into becoming active from a nicheling, putting an even more recessive gene in their partner's mutation menu might help to push it out. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

(Good luck getting through story mode! I found that settling on and taking a really long time on the archipelago and moving to new islands through generations helps keep water damage down and food up. Of course, I'm the person that has 25 episodes worth of archipelago and will probably die when I get to the harder islands, but I've seen some playthroughs of speed-running it and that doesn't work too well. Also, I breed creatures like crazy, especially at first. Food isn't usually an issue on the easier islands, and to get genes embedded in and enough creatures to gather food it helps to have lots of tries. Perfecting your genes before you get to the harder islands is definitely smart. And there's alot of good tips others have said here. Especially digging paw. I remember that keeping me alive on the mountain islands a while back. Food is scarce, but roots are usually around even so. And if you can get two or more food instead of just one it's even better. Also, purr snout is a must-have in the archipelago and elsewhere, especially if you're a bird-brain like me and accidentally drown nichelings fairly often.)

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Aquatic471 said:

Wow, um, you guys made me win the day because of most liked content. That... was not expected.

(Congratulations! I don't even know what winner of the day is exactly but it's always good to win a reward.)

• Like 1