Stray Fawn Community

The Psychopath's Island

Chiyanna

Iskomi opened her eyes. For a moment, she didn’t remember what had knocked her out, but the nicheling she saw had done unspeakable things to her, and it all came flooding back.

“Help!” she screamed, turning around to run away. But what she saw made her stand still, paw still lifted to step, shocked. There was only water all around her, only ocean. She scanned the horizon, and in the distance she saw what looked to her like a large shadow. Other than that, nothing except ocean.

Finally, words came to her, “Where am I?” she asked slowly.

“In the middle of the ocean,” said an eerily calm voice behind her, “more specifically on a cluster of rocks in the middle of the ocean. Following a path of rocks that fall apart as you go from one to the other, in the hopes of getting to another island.”

Iskomi recognized the voice, it belonged to the nicheling she had seen a few minutes ago. She ignored him, her back stubbornly turned to him. Why did you drag along with you anyways?

And then her stomach growled, there was a hunger pain in the pit of it. And the pain kept getting worse, she felt nauseous.

“You need to eat,” the male said, “have a berry.”

Iskomi ignored him again, but the pain and nausea kept getting worse. Until she knew she was going to throw up. She bent over and vomited into the ocean.

When she finished, the male said, “Do you want a berry now?”

“I just threw up,” Iskomi snapped, “you don’t eat when you throw up.”

“You aren’t sick,” replied the male with no emotion, “your vomiting was a combination of not eating for a day, sea-sickness, and pregnancy.”

I’m pregnant?  Finally, things made a bit more sense, with his child. I guess that’s why he did everything he did, he wants a child. There were much better ways of getting one. Then again, if your parents chose your siblings over you to carry on the family line, and there were no suitable mates around, what could be done? Iskomi had always wanted a child, but not like this. He could’ve asked to be mates. Desperate as she was, she would’ve probably accepted, then regretted it later when she found out what sort of a male he was.

Iskomi gazed out at that shadow, thinking it must be her home in the distance. She wanted to go back there. She wished the male had simply left her when he’d done what he did. He could’ve found another female on whatever island he ended up on. Then she could’ve had her child surrounded by her family, on a plentiful island. They would’ve excepted the child, they weren’t that cruel. And she could’ve found a suitable mate to help raise them. Or she could’ve raised them alone, anything would be better than this.

“Now that you’re awake, you could start hoping from rock to rock so I don’t have to drag you through the ocean anymore,” the male interrupted her thoughts.

“I’m not going any further with you. I’m staying right here,” asserted Iskomi.

“So you can have a child on a rock and starve to death in the middle of the ocean?” questioned the male, “Is that what you want?”

Iskomi whirled around with tears in her eyes and an enraged voice, “No! That’s not what I want! I want to go back home, to my island! I wish you had left me there! You could’ve raped another female when you got to whatever cursed island you arrived at. Why didn’t you?”

The male didn’t even flinch, “Because there’s no guarantee there will be another female, or anyone. Besides, you seemed to have decent genetics and a good disposition. But what does it matter? You can’t go back. The only options are stay here and die, or continue with me and survive.”

Or kill you and continue on my own. That the thought entered her head scared Iskomi, perhaps the male’s ways were already brushing off on her. Two wrongs didn’t make a right, and besides, she had fought him before, struggling to get away. She knew he was stronger and had faster reflexives, not to mention that he used the environment to his advantage. She’d get her head smashed on a rock again, and then he’d drag her to the new island. She would be in much better physical shape if she went herself. When she got there, she could decide what to do.

“Fine,” said Iskomi, “I’m coming. But stay far away from me as we jump, I don’t want your help.”

The male smiled, but it seemed strange, either fake or sinister. “Do you want some berries?” he said, pushing a few her way and stepping back.

Having them so close, and being so hungry, Iskomi couldn’t help herself. She grabbed them and quickly stuffed them into her mouth. After watching her eat, the male turned around and jumped from the rock platform to another, which shifted under his weight.

Iskomi copied him. She was nervous and not very good at first, but eventually she got the hang of it and got into a rhythm. She focused on jumping to the next rock, and the next one and the next one, drowning her thoughts and emotions out. Keeping her mind occupied with the task at hand.

--------------------

Iskomi licked her newborn. The child seemed listless, and distant. They didn’t nurse. They just sat there…with an odd look on their face? Was it veiled hatred? Could such a thing be present in a child? It took several hours, but the child finally nursed. Iskomi decided to name her newborn daughter Siel, meaning distant. Because of her distant demeanor, and because Iskomi was in a distant land.

Her first child Mitami sat nearby, watching the newborn with interest. Iskomi loved her child dearly, which is why she hadn’t run away when they reached the island. She couldn’t care less if Dondon, (whose name she had learned when he had told it to Mitami), dropped dead tomorrow. In fact she hoped he would die soon. And then she could raise her children without fear, and teach them morals. Until then, she settled for what she had, which wasn’t too bad. Dondon was distracted much of the time, and Iskomi had been able to spend time loving her first child without his interference, except that one time he called her away to pick berries when Mitami was still a baby. She figured this time would be similar.

Iskomi licked the child as it nursed, caring for them. She was already in love with her second child, just as she had been with her first. Even with the strange look in their eyes… Mitami had a look similar to that when they looked at Dondon sometimes. Then, whenever Dondon occasionally glanced at her, the look quickly vanished. This was a little concerning to Iskomi, but then again, Dondon deserved to be hated and lied to, didn’t he?

“It must go,” came a pronouncement, breaking in to Iskomi’s thoughts.

“Huh?” said a confused Iskomi.

“The child must go, we can’t keep them,” said Dondon.

Iskomi assumed he was talking about her eldest, “Mitami isn’t a bad child to have, she-”

“No not her, the other one,” corrected Dondon.

“What?” Then Iskomi realized what Dondon was saying. He couldn’t mean that, could he? What could a newborn child do that’s worthy of banishment? This is his child too, and he desperately wants heirs. He can’t be that crazy. But she knew that he could be. Iskomi thought nothing shocked her anymore, but this did. She hadn’t been this shocked since she’d whirled around and seen the ocean instead of Long Island. So she just sat there for a minute, trying to process this.

Welcome to the Psychopath's island! This is the island where Dondon the psychopath and his family live, and the island that may eventually be completely ruled and settled by Dondon's decedents.

• Love 3

The story snipets above are not going to be the main format for this playthrough, they're just some scenes I wanted to write that I thought would be a good teaser/hook for this playthrough. It will mainly be made up of youtube videos like my regular Storymode playthrough. Although, I may write scenes like the above occasionally or revisit story/scenes in videos in writing if highly requested. I don't have time to do so all the time, however. This is an interactive playthrough, which means there will be votes/discussion on some key story points and how characters will react to things. I will also be rolling dice for these as well. I may ask what I should put up for a vote, or might decide it on my own. Also, there may be opportunities to adopt or name certain characters in the near future. If you "adopt" a character you can shape their personality and maybe even decide what they do at certain points. I may let the wanderers we find on the island be adoptable, I will probably continue rolling for the personalities of Dondon's children, but I may open some or all of them up for adoption or naming. Naming is just what it sounds like, you'd get to name the nicheling. Let me know if you have any suggestions for this playthrough.

Here's the original topic:

And here's youtube video, episode 0/setup:

In this video, I undo the mistake of last episode by loading up my backup save and bringing back Dondon. He carries out his successful evil plan as I had rolled for it with the dice. He drags Iskomi onto the island port and leaves for the next island with her. I roll for her reactions and feelings toward him, and his toward her. They have two children whose personalities I rolled for, and are interesting.

Dondon is pulled from my Niche Storymode Playthrough, which you can find on my youtube channel and here:

The first thing that's going to happen is some interesting polls that will be popping up over the next couple of days, so stay tuned! Also, I rolled for how Mitami feels toward her little sister Siel, and she feels a kind of comradery/companionship with her of them being in this crazy family together and being siblings. That's all for now, I'll be posting more stuff on this soon!

• Like 2

So I rolled, and Dondon wants to kill Siel, and will threaten Iskomi and Mitami to try and get Siel from them and kill the child. Yikes, guess I shouldn't be surprised, he is a psychopath after all. Now it's up to you guys to vote on a few things. Here's a few polls:

Go ahead and vote if you want, what wins will effect what happens in this playthrough in regards to the given question and maybe beyond. This is just the beginning of the polls (and the rolls!)

A run-off poll with only the options that had votes from the first poll and any combinations I could think of. Please vote in this so I can get a good idea of what people want and continue with this series.

The first poll is closed now, btw

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I just recorded the first (or second depending on how you look at it) episode! Will upload and post it as soon as I can. It was very interesting and some important developments occurred.

Here it is:

In this video Iskomi tries to convince Dondon to banish Siel instead of killing her. This only makes him angry at her, and as he argues back saying that a banished creature would steal food, she gets so angry she attacks him. She and Mitami (who helps some) easily defeat Dondon. As a result he respects Iskomi more and agrees to keep Siel. The family forgives eachother for now out of varying motives, but little does Iskomi know she has just defended an even bigger psychopath than Dondon. Siel conveniently forgets to heal Dondon 2 times in a row, and he ends up dying the same way he did before with me applying the healing effect when he has a day left to live and forgetting it doesn't help in that case. Before he dies, he says Mitami as the eldest should be the new leader. His only son Kukirno is born soon after Dondon dies. Siel and Iskomi's second youngest Silami plot to overthrow their sister Mitami and kill their mother.

• Eek! 1

Also, nothing jumped out at me as something to host a poll for but I am open to suggestions. So if you want to vote for something (or multiple things) before the next episode just tell me what and I'll make a poll.

On 4/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, Chiyanna said:

Also, nothing jumped out at me as something to host a poll for but I am open to suggestions. So if you want to vote for something (or multiple things) before the next episode just tell me what and I'll make a poll.

Nevermind what I said! Here's a poll, go vote!

I think we may need a run-off for the most recent poll, and it worked out well last time. However, it may take more time to get the results in if I make one of these. So what do you think? Should we make a run-off? I'm not going to make a whole other poll, to decide whether we should have another poll lol cause that seems to complicated and cluttery of the forums. Just reply to this if you want to see a run-off or not. Alternatively, I could do a small reaction poll on whether we should have a run-off, located on the second poll thread or here, where I'd say which reactions mean what and you would "vote" with your reactions. Let me know if that's something you would want to see.

Just now, Chiyanna said:

Me when nobody answers my question:

:(

23 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I think we may need a run-off for the most recent poll, and it worked out well last time. However, it may take more time to get the results in if I make one of these. So what do you think? Should we make a run-off? I'm not going to make a whole other poll, to decide whether we should have another poll lol cause that seems to complicated and cluttery of the forums. Just reply to this if you want to see a run-off or not. Alternatively, I could do a small reaction poll on whether we should have a run-off, located on the second poll thread or here, where I'd say which reactions mean what and you would "vote" with your reactions. Let me know if that's something you would want to see.

I think a run-off would be good.

• Paw up 1

13 minutes ago, Cookedboi said:

I think a run-off would be good.

(should I do just 1 and 2 since 3 isn't tied/the result is clearer? Or should I do all 3? Also, should I put options that got any votes in the poll (and mixings/multiples there-of) or just the 2 most voted for and a choice for both?)

40 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

should I do just 1 and 2 since 3 isn't tied/the result is clearer? Or should I do all 3? Also, should I put options that got any votes in the poll (and mixings/multiples there-of) or just the 2 most voted for and a choice for both?)

(I think you should only do 1 & 2 with the options being the two suggestions that got the most votes.)

• Paw up 1

• 3 weeks later...

The second episode is finally here!

Description contains spoilers

In this episode, Silami and Siel carry out their coup just as the family reaches the port to the next peaceful island. They focus on attacking Mitami, recognizing that Iskomi is going to die soon anyways. Kukirno runs away, afraid for his life. Mitami orders that they all run away, betting that standing their ground will put those under her charge, especially Iskomi, in danger. They run aimlessly, being attacked by Siel and Silami, until they see another port. Even though it looks alot different, they take their chances and decide to take it to a more dangerous island. Iskomi dies before they even leave the island. The stepping stones crumble temporarily, but grow back in just a couple days, letting Siel and Silami follow their siblings but giving Mitami and Kukirno a 3 day advantage. The new island is large and strange, containing cacti, poison berries, mosquitos, bearyenas, stag-moles, blue-birds, crabbits, and rouge males. Mitami rushes toward a male, hoping he can help them, but all he does is breed with her and run away. Mitami names the child after herself, Tami, and tries her best to raise it in the short time she has left. Shortly before she dies, she says Tami will be the leader, but puts Kukirno in charge of raising and protecting her. Soon after, Tami is impregnated by her father and a bearyena shows up. Siel and Silami struggle to find their siblings and are continually irritated with eachother and their surroundings. They discover mosquitos, crabbits, and healing plants, and both get impregnated by the same rogue male who they subsequently chase off. Kukirno and Siel get extra days on their life because of their father's pink line genes, Kukirno getting 5 and Siel getting 6.

• Like 1

Since we have encountered no wanderers so far, I have decided to put up for adoption Siel and Silami's children. (One of them isn't born yet but as long as the mom dont die they should be soon). So, the way adoption is going to work is you let me know you want to adopt a character, and then when I give you the go-ahead you name them, and write their general personality plus how they feel towards those around them as a child (their mother is a must and their father if he's around, all others around them are optional).  I have decided to implement with this a new psychopath scale which each new character will be subject to. The scale will go to 10. For these new children, I will roll and then add onto them a number inherited from their mother.

Siel and Silami's psychopath score are as follows:

Siel: 9, +4 (4 will be added to her child's dice roll)

Silami: 8, +3 (3 will be added to her child's dice roll

Let me know if you want to adopt Siel or Silami's child, and then I will roll and give them their psychopath score. Their general personality and perception of the world must follow this score. You won't know how much of a psychopath your adopted character will be when you volunteer to adopt them (other than that Siel's is a bit more likely to be a worse pyschopath), but once you do you will know when writing their information up.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, you may be able to dictate or influence an adopted characters actions at crucial points in the playthrough. And if you don't want to commit to making a whole personality up, you can always just suggest names on this thread or in the comments section on youtube.

I'm deciding to switch things up a bit and roll first, then let you guys make a personality up for them in one form. I will most likely pick the first person to adopt and make a personality for a certain character, but the personality must follow their psychopath score, and if yours is interesting enough I may pick it over someone elses who was first.

Siel's child has a psychopath score of 7 (random generated number plus 4)

Silami's child has a psychopath score of 9 (random generated number plus 3)

(one of the children is already born but I forget which, you may re-watch the last video to get a look at them and feel for their personality if you want)

Here's the form for character adoption:

Child of: (Siel or Silami)
Psychopath score: (get it from above, just to be sure u know)
Do you want to affect their future choices? :
General personality:
Temperament toward mother:
Temperament toward the other females child (their half sibling):
Temperament toward the other female (their aunt):
Do they know about their father the rogue? What has their mother told them and how do they feel:
Other:

Here's the run-off for the third poll:

(Also if no-one adopts the above adoptable characters by next time I don't know whether they'll be available for adoption or not, maybe I'll leave their default names and roll fir personality but still allow someone to affect their future choices)

40 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

The episode I recorded has no mic sound...I fixed the issue now but I have a 35 minute long episode with no commentary! What do I do?

Record some new sound and put it on there is commentary. You can do that with the editing studio you use, right?

1 hour ago, PurrSnoutMaster said:

Record some new sound and put it on there is commentary. You can do that with the editing studio you use, right?

(I don't have one atm, nor can I afford one right now :( I don't even have the time. I may try to do that in a week or so...or I'll just upload with no commentary. I can also write a story snippet to make up for it maybe, but all that will have to be in a week or even two...or more. Do you know of a free editing software I could use when I have time?)

On 5/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, wikipedia [he/him] said:

Hey, I know it's been ages since I've posted here, but the term psych/p/th is an offensive term! 

Well, it's just what I thought of when Dondon did his first evil deeds. I'm pretty sure he may have been an actual psychopath, but he could've had other mental illnesses instead or as well. I am kinda using it in a loose way, especially now. But honestly I loved Dondon which is why I brought him back from the dead to do his own playthrough.

• Like 1