Stray Fawn Community

The Psychopath's Island

Chiyanna

And here is the story excerpts to go with it!

Tami’s child abandoned 4:32
“We have to go,” Kukirno said, “now!”

Tami stared in shock at her newborn, “What in the world?” It reached its paws towards her, and Tami stumbled backwards, “What is that thing?”

“It’s a child,” said an irritated Kukirno, “and we’ll all get eaten unless you stop wondering about it and start running!”

“What’s a child? And why’s it so clingy?” Tami asked, disgusted.

“You’re its mother! It’s depending on you to raise and take care of it,” remarked Kukirno. I don’t have time for this! And I regret ever agreeing to take care of Tami anyways. She doesn’t deserve to be taken care of, and if her child is anything like her they don’t either. Then he heard the growl of a bearyena. “RUN!” he yelled, and if you don’t, I’m not coming back for you.

Kukirno rushed through the grasses, away from the danger, until he was out of breath. Then he turned to see Tami right behind him. “Where’s the child?”

Tami shrugged, “It seemed like too much work.”

Kukirno was angry, “It’s a child! Your child! And you just left it to get eaten!”

“If you’re so concerned, go back there and get it,” Tami said.

“It’s probably dead by now,” so young and so dead, didn’t even have a name. You should’ve known she would do this, should’ve took the child and left Tami to be eaten.

Talur the wanderer 7:23, 14:55
Talur heard a sound in the grasses. He tensed up, preparing to run from a bearyena or other threat. But then he caught wind of a scent, the scent of another of his kind. Mustering all his courage he ran toward the sound. He was met with a female whose coloring was like savanna grasses, but the most striking thing about her was her horns. He had never seen any like them.

He stared at her for a good bit before remembering his manners, “Hello, I’m Talur. What’s your name?”

The female looked around, is there danger nearby? Talur looked around as well, and listened, but there was no bearyenas. He did smell other nichelings, and saw through the grasses a nest behind the female. A tribe, perhaps?

He looked back to the female to see her cold and calculating look. Quickly it changed as she met his eyes. “I’m Siel,” she said, inching closer. An aura of love was about her. He was almost drawn in…but yet, someone had once told him that what was too good to be true probably was. And he had more important things to worry about, like survival.

He stepped back, “Hey, I’m not opposed to that but I think we should do firsts things first. I’d like to join the tribe.”

The female’s eyes turned to fire as she snapped, “I’m the leader. And the tribe is 1. And a half,” she added as an afterthought, motioning behind her, “strong.”

Talur smelled others, and he had no reason to trust this odd female. He was thinking about his response when she jumped on him. He thought at first she might be attacking, but she was instead mating.

“Hey!” he yelled, “get off of me!” It was quite indignifying. He butted her with his horns; it wasn’t even a hard blow. She got off of him quickly, however. Now that things have returned to sanity, or perhaps now that she got what she wanted, I can join the tribe.

“You ungrateful male!” she yelled.

“Look, I’m sorry-” but his apology was cut off by her charging at him. He tried to dodge, but one of the edges of her horns cut his side, and the momentum sent him flying backwards into the grasses. She’s absolutely insane! I don’t want to join her tribe, even if my chances of survival would be better. He took off, determined to never run into Siel ever again.
Crabbit Hunt 11:54, 14:26, 20:20
Kikirno and Tami traveled for a bit, but hunger was starting to get to them. So when Tami spotted an odd-looking purple creature, Kukirno gave permission to hunt it. Not that she would’ve listened had he said no. They chased it all the way down to the water. It was a hard battle, nothing like killing a rabbit. But Kukirno’s stomach was hurting badly, and his muscles ached as his body was taking from them to keep going. Eventually, they brought it down. It was a feast, and there was left-over food as well. They picked up what was left of the meat and continued the way they had been traveling.

Siel’s last words 18:00, 19:25
Dukroku had never really been loved by his mother, but he still listened to what she had to say. “You must take care of your younger brother,” said mother, “he is always to come first. It is your duty to protect him, he is the leader of the tribe.”

“Of course I’ll protect him,” said Dukroku, “he’s my brother. He’s all I have. I will defend him with my life.” And Dukroku wasn’t just saying this, he meant it. He’s the only one I care for, I love him far more than you love me.

“Good,” said mother, “now pick some berries.” She then turned to Takirku, purring. “You are the heir. You are the strongest of my children. Once I am dead, you will be the most important nicheling on this whole island. Don’t you ever forget it.”

“Really?” said a wide-eyed Takirku.

“Yes,” assured his mother.

Dukroku picked some berries off the bush next to him and ate one of them. His stomach immediately hurt. No wonder these things smell bad! They are bad! He could live with the pain, but he couldn’t risk his brother eating these. He tossed the others he had picked aside, making a mental note not to eat these berries in the future.

“Now,” said mother, “both of you. I am going to die soon.” I better not interrupt her lecture in order to tell her about these berries. “Dead, die, dying, death, all speak of the same thing. It is to be asleep and not able to wake up. To kill is to cause death, for instance, I have killed and ate those annoying buzzing things. You must kill to survive, and to kill is to be strong. But you must prevent eachother from dying, so that my line lives on. When I die don’t cry, crying is for the weak, as I have told you many times, but remember me and what I have taught you.”

Takirku appeared confused, “Do you have to die? What if strong?”

“Strength can prevent death for a little while,” mother said, turning to the asker of the question, “but not forever. If it were so, I would not be dying, but I am.”

“Will you ever wake up?” Takirku asked.

“Enough with these questions!” snapped mother, “I have something else very important to say.”

“O-K,” stuttered Takirku, my poor brother, he only wants to know because he actually cares for mother, as strange as that is.

“Listen up you two, Silami and her descendants are weak, and I will be ashamed if you associate with them. But much worse are Mitami and Kukirno, whom I have told you stories of, Takirku. You must make war with them and their descendants if you find them, and never make peace. If you or your decedents make any sort of peace with them, I’ll come back from the dead to kill you myself! Understand?”

Takirku was terrified, “Y-yes.”

Dukroku knew that mother couldn’t possibly be serious about that, though she sounded serious. “I understand,” though I don’t believe it! And I’ll make peace with whoever I have to in order to keep my brother from death. You yourself said I must protect him, but I don’t do it because you told me so!

Silami takes in the brothers 23:20

Elanami was gathering berries, a boring but essential task, when a young male darted out of the grasses. His horns immediately signaled him out as a descendent of Siel. Silami had told her daughter never to associate with Siel’s decedents because of how Siel had treated her younger sister.

“Please,” said the male, “my mother just died and I have a younger brother to look after. If you help us I’ll do anything.”

“What do you need help with?” Silami’s eyes were soft and her words were kind, what is she doing?

“Food for one, and protection,” the horned male replied.

Silami thought a minute, “I can watch over you and your brother until you’re both adults.”

“Thank you!” said the male, his face lighting up. His stomach growled.

“Here,” Silami handed him a berry, “and I’ll go feed your brother.” She walked past him.

Elanami rushed to stand in her mother’s path, “Him and his brother are children of Siel!” she whispered fiercely.

“I know,” said Silami.

“Why are you helping them?” Elanami asked, confused.

“The day you were born, I felt something deep down. I knew I had to put you before myself, because I couldn’t live with myself should you die. It was love, the first time I ever felt any of it for anyone besides myself. And looking at them, I remember that feeling. I can’t just turn them away, or else I’ll feel less of it. And I never want to be without that feeling again,” explained Silami.

But I thought I was the only one you loved! I thought that’s why you were training me, because I was all you had. Now they also have your love! It’s not fair, I’m your child, not these males! Elanami hated the males for taking her mother’s love from her, and she hated her mother for giving it to them. I can only trust myself, that’s it. I’m all I have, and I will never love anyone except my children, so they never feel this way.

Silami looked sad, walking past her silent daughter, but she still went to give food to the male’s brother.

Incest in the face of death 26:23, 31:53

Kukirno heard rustling in the bushes, “What is that?”

Tami shrugged.

Kukirno sighed, “I’ll check it out, stay put.”

He creeped closer, and was met with the killer creature from earlier. Maybe it wasn’t the exact same one, though, because a child trailed behind them. Kukirno looked around, there wasn’t much space to run, and could they keep running forever? Everywhere they turned there were these creatures. The creature had been distracted, but its ears were now perked, and it turned towards Kukirno. He got the first bite in, and it whirled around in anger, growling the loudest growl Kukirno had ever heard.

He braced to run, but then Tami ran out of the grasses behind him, ramming into the creature and biting it. It whirled to face her. Now was the time to run, “RUN!” screamed Kukirno, rushing away, hoping Tami would follow like she did last time. To his relief, she did, in fact she ran right past Kukirno.

But the killer creature wasn’t far behind. They ran all the way to Kukirno and bit a hole in him with their large head. Kukirno could feel his strength leaving him, he bled all over the beach, he knew he wouldn’t survive for long.

For once in her life, Tami realized the gravity of the situation. She ran back to Kukirno, fear in her eyes. She began to lick his wounds to try and stop the bleeding. He knew she would need all the strength she could get, and so he purred for her.

He was going to die, with no heir, and Tami wouldn’t take the initiative, he was sure. She would die, leaving Mitami no heirs. It seemed the most logical thing to do, so with his last moments he bred with Tami. It seemed to him not a breaking of his promise to Mitami, but a fulfillment of it. He had protected Tami with her very life, and now both their names would live on.

Elanami goes back on her mother’s word 27:38

Her mother now laid next to Siel, dead. Though the sisters had tried to part they had still died right next to eachother, just a day apart. But Elanami refused to let this be her fate. Yet she didn’t want to rid herself of the brothers right away, she needed someone to pick berries for her. She couldn’t go back to doing so herself.

“You,” she called to Dukroku, the elder brother, “leave this place at once!”

“But your mother said-”

“I don’t care what she said, get out of here!” she yelled.

“Fine,” said Dokroku, he called to his brother, “let’s go, Takirku.”

“No,” said Elanami, grabbing the young male, “he stays with me.”

“He’s my brother!” snarled Dokroku, “he’s coming with me! You can’t keep him here to kill him, or worse. Run, brother!”

Elanami grabbed Takirku tighter.

“Let me go!” cried Takirku.

“I just need you to gather some berries for me,” Elanami said softly.

Takirku was just as panicked as before, he jabbed his horns into her side. Then her side hurt and she saw red stuff leaking out of her. She ran at him, he tried to dodge but got caught on her spikes, as she moved fur and flesh tore away.

“Ouch!” cried the young male.

“Takirku! Let’s get out of here!” yelled Dukroku.

With that, Takirku dashed away from Elanami, and the two ran into the grasses.

Little brats! I would like to go and tear them apart, but it’s not worth it. I’ll find someone else to pick my berries for me. So she turned around and started back toward where she had been raised, determined to find a wanderer.

• Eek! 1

• 1 month later...