Stray Fawn Community

Parrot Challenge

BirbMonster

In this challenge, your Nichelings are a flock of parrots!

SETTINGS:

Baby (Nestling): 2 days

Child (Fledgeling): 3 days

Teen (Young bird): 5 days

Adult: 50 days

Pregnancy: 3 days

Turn rogue males off. (optional)

Make all your Nichelings bird beak with double wings, a mask, stripes, or spots peacock tail/stinky tail/fishing tail/medium tail and brown, black, yellow, or orange eyes. The rest? Random!

RULES:

• Start on a jungle island. You can have a grassland island if you're new or not good at surviving on hard islands.
  • Only eat fruits and nuts. This means you can crack nuts to eat, collect berries, stinky fruit, or carnivore plant fruit, or pick nuts straight from trees. Yes, you can have coconuts. Meat from killing a bluebird is OK.
  • More inticrate patterns are more favourable in mates.
  • All Nichelings mate for life. If their mate dies, they never breed again. They also stay near their mate.
  • If a female is pregnant, she MUST be in a nest! If she does not stick to this, make her baby take damage when it's born (a male can breed with her but then she must make a nest on the spot)
  • Make nests on stumps and trees.
  • Cycle through leadership. Pick a parrot to be leader for 3-5 days, an once that time is over, pick a new leader. You can use random numbers if you can't decide. The leader must be an adult. 
  • They are too old and not allowed to breed at five days before death from old age, but still stay with their mate.
  • If a baby bird is sickly (double immunities, deformed paws, etc) kill them.
  • Fly away from predators. If not possible, defend yourself.
  • Bird themed names (Squak, Feather, Talon, Beaky, ect)
  • If a birb has horns, call it a crest. 

Goal: Just enjoy controlling parrots. I did bird research for this. There is no goal, though you can set yourself any win condition you want. If you're a story player, see what tales you can make with your little birbs. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have started our bird-cat playthrough! I ended up being the cats and she the birds cause we thought only being able to hunt for food (cats are carnivorous) would be too hard for her. We did Grass Mingle island and so far the birds have had 1 baby and the cats have had 2 because my cats are older and hers are all young still so I'm focusing on breeding. Also, a bearyena attacked the cats but they came together to kill it (one has claw) and the birds were kinda nearby and flew away from it when it was alive. The birds did indeed gather more food just with their beaks because they are allowed to collect berries and the toxic-body birds can collect poison berries which there are alot of. Also, the birds found a wanderer but they were nearly too old to breed and the birds were already in mating pairs so it was unlikely they could have any children. The wanderer accidentally picked a poison berry bush, they were healed with a healing plant but kept taking more poison damage each turn and died. They were cool looking and the only wanderer found so it was sad. The birds have settled near the center of the island and the cats have settled on the coast for now since they can't move as far as fast without wings and catch fish for food. I have some screenshots but can't find them atm.

• Like 3

So I went into the savefile just to get these pictures. Should I post just the birds here or the cats as well? I'm thinking I'm going to write up the cat challenge we're doing to post on the forums so others can try it as well and I could post the bird pics here and the cat pics there, or I could post both here and there, or post both here and no pics there, ect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

So I went into the savefile just to get these pictures. Should I post just the birds here or the cats as well? I'm thinking I'm going to write up the cat challenge we're doing to post on the forums so others can try it as well and I could post the bird pics here and the cat pics there, or I could post both here and there, or post both here and no pics there, ect.

I'd love to see the birbs.

• Like 1

Here's the big blue jay flying over my tribe of cats (he counts as a bird LOL):
20210414094354_1.thumb.jpg.5b17dd5d448d962a4c50523565ca17c8.jpg

Here's her first family of birds (Para and Duko the mating paur and their chick):
20210414094416_1.thumb.jpg.75f8b6cef1d95334ccf9fa75c9a88477.jpg

Baby birb with her mom:

20210414094429_1.thumb.jpg.1961ccb7eaa904af2115e2b724371be1.jpg

Robin and Starling, another mating pair:
20210414094444_1.thumb.jpg.aeec4a3dce8c7175d0defc2dd2eb8341.jpg

Each birb in her tribe rn and their genes:
20210414094452_1.thumb.jpg.8023a301e96c481877a7f7b1b79e2874.jpg

20210414094459_1.thumb.jpg.f198c19d428f53b23e7a9508befd8bb1.jpg

20210414094502_1.thumb.jpg.3779012884110fa26a4e16cca3eccf3d.jpg

20210414094510_1.thumb.jpg.a2626e077597f723561be99926aabb29.jpg

20210414094515_1.thumb.jpg.7f171575998c4aa4db8b4bf8a1e4046a.jpg

(BTW we did allow platypus beak so she could have duck nichelings and they are also allowed to eat fish because there are birds that do so. We kinda expanded it beyond parrots to make food a bit easier since you can see we're struggling with that and my sister is kinda new to niche. Also we thought it would be cool to have all sorts of birbs)

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...