Stray Fawn Community

Cat Challenge

Chiyanna

Me and my sister have started a niche world where one of us plays as a tribe of birds; this challenge:

and the other as a tribe of cats. But I could not find a cat challenge that wasn't a Warrior Cats challenge. So I made my own. This is it.

Setup:
Start on any island you feel comfortable.

Age settings are Pregnancy duration: 3 days Baby: 2 days Child: 3 days Teen: 5 days Adult: 40 days (they're similar to parrot challenge cause we're doing both in the same world so I needed those. Also, we tweaked adult cause my sister thought it was too long. You can tweak these if you want or need to)

All multipliers times 2 to make up for the extra lifespan.

We have rogue males off because of Parrot challenge and cause my sister didn't want them, but you can decide whether or not you want to.

Make your creatures:
Face genes allowed are purr face, normal snout, spit-snout, and big nose. One of your cats can have saber tooth fangs in one slot if you so wish. Each cat must have one face gene spot occupied by purr snout, and a couple should have both slots occupied. Allowed bodies are medium body, big body, and lean body. Paws must be randomized, but forbidden ones are mammut foot, wings, and bat wings. You must have normal hind legs. You can have medium tail, fisher tail, or stinky tail. No horns are allowed. You can only have normal or bearyena ears. Immunity genes, hemophilia, eye genes (blindness), and fertility must all be randomized. You can do whatever you wish with cosmetic genes.

Forever forbidden genes:
These are genes that you are not allowed to have in your cats. If a child is born with these genes showing they must be banished from the tribe. You can invite in wanderers with these genes recessive. The forever forbidden genes list is: digging trunk, bills, bird beak, platypus beak, bat head, round ears, toxic body, webbed paw, any wings, webbed hing legs, peacock tail, scorpian tail, tailfin, and megalocerous horns. This is a large list, but it's to keep your nichelings as close to cats as possible. Feel free to omit (or add) genes from the list, but be consistent and have at least some Forever Forbidden Genes.

Challenge Rules:
-You can only eat meat. Fish (including razorana and clown koi) and leeches count. Clams do not count. You can eat rabils, stag moles, dodomingos, and even bearyena if you can eat if you kill them for other purposes (to defend your nichelings). Other bigger animals (such as the deer things in frost lands and apes and bearyenas and even ramfoxes) are a grey area. You can eat their meat if they're already dead and if your nichelings are big and powerful you can hunt ramfoxes and maybe the deer things.

-Cats will normally run away from predators, you must roll dice to see if they will. Chances are higher they will fight if they have someone to defend. Personality can influence the chances, but there must be at least a 1/6 chance they will run. If cats have created a clan or family group there may be exceptions to this.

-After cats mate for the first time you must roll to see if they'll mate with eachother again. 1 is they will never mate again, 2 and 3 is the male will search for another mate and the female will raise the child on her own (normal cat behavior), 4 is the male wants to mate with the female again as soon as possible, 5 is they prefer eachother/she is the males preferred mate, 6 is they become a permanent mating pair. You must continue to roll for whether they will mate again in future breedings of the same pair if you get 2, 3, or 4. The never mate again and permanent mating pair are combined on number 6 (roll for which even chance). You may choose to roll with 5 with modified chances, or simply have them mostly breed with eachother and occasionally with others.

-On the last day of pregnancy duration the female must give birth right away. You must place her on a nest or make one. Otherwise the baby will take 3 damage for each day they were born late.

-If a male was about to breed with a female, or the female is pregnant or has baby child with her, there is a higher chance he will defend her when the predator appears. If they are a mating pair the chance is very high, if he has decided to never breed with her again the chances are low but still possible if she has his child. You can factor this in to the normal predator response roll or make it it's own separate roll. If they are a permanent or preferred pair and he has defended her in the past he will continue to do so in the future, no more rolling is necessary.

-Females will generally not defend their mates, unless they are a permanent breeding pair. Even if so, she will always put defending her kitten first.

-A female cat will defend their kittens unless she has determined them a lost cause (if they are sickly and/or there is next to no chance they will survive a predator attack) or abandoned them (sickly or because of another reason, perhaps the group or their mate wanted her too).

-Groups/clans will form only on a dice roll. You can roll whenever you like, but there is only one shot for it to happen with the same cats. Even if a fourth of the cats are the cats that didn't want to team up before, you cannot roll again. There can be a 2/6 or chance with a good leader all the cats trust and/or extenuating circumstances. If the cats have all already come together to fight something and the above is also true, there can be a 3/6 chance on rare occasions.

-Teen cats have a chance of leaving their family early. It's a 1/6 chance (or 2/6 if they have story reasons to do so).

-Adult cats have a 2/6 chance of leaving their family completely, a 1/6 chance to stick around loosely and ghost their family, a 1/6 chance to leave but keep in touch, a 1/6 chance to leave with part of their family (siblings for instance or if they have none a close friend or maybe their father), and a 1/6 chance to stay with their whole family/mother indefinitely.

-Clan/group cats have only a 1/6 chance of leaving when adults, though the chances may increase for story purposes based on personality and environmental factors.

So this is the cat challenge, if I think of anything else or remember a rule I'll add it. Thanks for reading and I hope you try it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2