Stray Fawn Community

-The Aviary- (OPEN)

Cookboi

On 5/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, Green the Fiery Fox said:

She realized it was just another winged nicheling and calmed down. 

He didn't know whether the new Nicheling was friend or foe. But she was winged too, so he had to assume it was a friend.

"Who are you?" He asked.

22 minutes ago, PurrSnoutMaster said:

He didn't know whether the new Nicheling was friend or foe. But she was winged too, so he had to assume it was a friend.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Floew" she said quietly before going silent again.

She never made eye-contact with the nicheling.

Just now, Green the Fiery Fox said:

"Floew" she said quietly before going silent again.

She never made eye-contact with the nicheling.

"I have so many questions," he said.

"How did you escape, and no offense, but... what happened to you?"

9 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Name: Sikir

Personality: Is generally kind and outgoing. Is of course scared of non-winged after witnessing them kill a whole group of winged nichelings, but will reach out to anyone down-trodden and rejected. Is especially understanding of rouges and rouge children. Isn't aggressive and has never killed anyone. Would rather run than fight. However, grew up with Anaelpri and respects her greatly. He will generally listen to what she says. He also has a crush on her, which may lead to him defending her at some point. For now, he tries to show his appreciation for her by listening to her and not making mistakes that could get them killed.

Backstory: His father was son of a rogue, and thus banished from the tribe. In order to not starve as a child he joined a small band of outsiders that stole from the tribe. He stole successfully several times, until one day him and another young male were caught. He managed to escape, the other nicheling was killed. They screamed after him that if he were to show his face again he would be killed. Shortly after, the leader of the band was caught. Sikir's father fled deeper into the island, and found a small tribe of winged. At first they didn't trust him, but finding that he was indeed an outcast that would be killed, they revealed themselves and let him into the tribe. The heart of the tribe was on an island that few knew how to get to without flying, but they showed him the way. Sikir's father fell in love with his mother there eventually, and they had him. This island is where he grew up with Anaelpri. One day, Sikir's father found a mother with a baby on the main island while gathering food. She seemed to be banished and in desperate need of help, so he led her back to the island. The leaders were outraged at this breach of security, but they decided they couldn't send her back. They would keep her on the island. She was heavily guarded, but her child was not so guarded. They managed to escape, it was nesting season when they did, with all the baby nichelings of the tribe being born. And the escapee led the main island tribe right to the winged nichelings in hope of freeing their mother. It was a horrific massacre, the winged could've flew away, but many protected their children to the death. Sikir's baby sibling was killed early on, which may seem horrible but was actually a blessing in disquise. With them gone, Sikir's parents focused on getting him out of there. Sikir's mother and her brother grabbed onto him with their mouths. Many others began to do the same thing, taking their newborns or whoever was still alive that they loved. It was out of desperation, and a fourth of those carried eventually fell into the ocean below. Others grew tired of flapping and fell into the oceans below, subcoming themselves. They had no idea where they were headed, only that they needed to find land. They eventually split up, flying different ways in hopes that at least one group would find land. Sikir's mother and her brother both couldn't get flapping anymore and died in the ocean unable even to swim due to fatigue, but Anaelpri was there, she told him to keep going, to swim, and they both did. It took all their strength, but they found an island. Having just recently reached it, they've no idea how big it is or what dangers it may hold.

Pic/Description: Sikir.thumb.PNG.77415eb7dc27644b7fff3fff5b318da5.PNG

Extra: Has never encountered a bearyena before. His favorite food is nuts.

9 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Name: Anaelpri

Personality: Very bold and good at making plans. Doesn't give up. Is weary of any strangers. Will not reveal herself to anyone without wings. Is jaded, doesn't care about those without wings and puts her and Sikir's survival ahead of all others. Feels responsible for Sikir and he is the only piece of her past that's left, so she's protective of him. Would rather not reveal herself to threats and will try and make a plan to escape, but is not afraid to fight if she has to.

Backstory: Basically Sikir's backstory, except that her mother and father were both full-winged birds and prominent members of the bird tribe. Has been told stories of how generations of birds have been persecuted. Is a bit curious as to why, but she'd rather just kill all the non-winged if she could.

Pic/Description: 1353238638_Anaelpri1.PNG.c9e404b7e9252389b95a7d8af59d6dc8.PNG  1431535894_Anaelpri2.PNG.b92ab5a7a975ba856c9f4579f6338c7c.PNG

Extra: Is a decent swimmer because of her practice growing up and her swimming tail, perhaps it's why even exauhsted from hours of flying she was able to swim to the island. Has heard stories of dangerous creatures, and also assumes everything is a danger that she doesn't know isn't. Her favorite food is rabbil meat.

(Both have been added!)

You crawl onto land, sodden wings heavy as lead. Although new smells assault your nostrils, it doesn’t seem too different from your home island. As you (Sikir) gingerly take another step forward...only to step on something sharp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookboi said:

(Both have been added!)

You crawl onto land, sodden wings heavy as lead. Although new smells assault your nostrils, it doesn’t seem too different from your home island. As you (Sikir) gingerly take another step forward...only to step on something sharp.

"OUCH!" Sikir cried.

"What is it?" asked Anaelpri.

5 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Also I may or may not add a third character who is actually a baby. About how many days is each life-stage in this or does it not even go by days?)

(It doesn’t go by days.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

"OUCH!" Sikir cried.

"What is it?" asked Anaelpri.

You lift your paw, revealing a thin trail of blood running from the cut. You around to see whatever sliced you, only to find a flat, sharp-edged stone disc at your feet. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cookboi said:

You lift your paw, revealing a thin trail of blood running from the cut. You around to see whatever sliced you, only to find a flat, sharp-edged stone disc at your feet. 

"Yeah," said Sikir, "just a small cut. But I found something interesting."
-
"What?" asked a concerned Anaelpri, "stay back from it." She carefully walked over.

3 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

"Yeah," said Sikir, "just a small cut. But I found something interesting."
-
"What?" asked a concerned Anaelpri, "stay back from it." She carefully walked over.

At a more thorough examination, you (Anaelpri) realize that there was something scrawled into it. Although your clawscript was a bit rusty, you can get the gist of it:

Winged have been killed for centuries. Mauled, drowned, abandoned, the end is all the same.

The reason? Nobody but the oldest elders and wisest leaders know. Not yet, at least. 

Still, there’s hope. A place where winged can be safe, even happy. The Aviary.

But first you’ll have to find it.

Follow the brightest star in the sky for however long it takes. For some it may be only days, for some it may be months. All who have faith will find it.

For those who don’t? Only the gods know.

-Sincerely, Squid.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cookboi said:

At a more thorough examination, you (Anaelpri) realize that there was something scrawled into it. Although your clawscript was a bit rusty, you can get the gist of it:

Winged have been killed for centuries. Mauled, drowned, abandoned, the end is all the same.

The reason? Nobody but the oldest elders and wisest leaders know. Not yet, at least. 

Still, there’s hope. A place where winged can be safe, even happy. The Aviary.

But first you’ll have to find it.

Follow the brightest star in the sky for however long it takes. For some it may be only days, for some it may be months. All who have faith will find it.

For those who don’t? Only the gods know.

-Sincerely, Squid.

"Huh," said Anaelpri, "it talks about us! The winged!"

"Talks? How can a sharp stone talk?" Sikir exclaimed.

"It's got clawscript silly!" Anaelpri explained, she had learned it from her parents.

"Huh?" said Sikir.

"There's words scrawled into it by claws," she said, a bit annoyed, "look, you don't need to understand why or how, just what it says! I'll tell you."

Anaelpri read the rest of the disc, the aviary? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense, there is no safe place for the winged in the world. That's what I thought I had. Yet, the appeal of a place with only the winged, no non-winged around, where she and Sikir would be safe...it drew her.

"So? Tell me what it says!" Sikir finally burst out.

"It says....we need to follow the brightest star in the sky," Anaelpri revealed.

"Why?" asked Sikir curiously.

"To find a place where winged will be safe," she finally said.

-

But what about the non-winged? And will I, with only one wing, be welcomed there? "Does it say anything else?"

"The oldest elders and wisest leaders know the reason why us winged are killed, and the whole thing is signed Squid," Anaelpri said, "and that's about it."

Now that's something worth doing, thought Sikir, if I can find out the reason why we're killed, then perhaps I can stop it and bring harmony to the winged and non-winged! "Well, let's get going then! There's gotta be someone on this island who can help us!"

"I say we ditch this island and fly to a new one, following the star!" said Anaelpri, Sikir couldn't tell if she was angry or excited.

"Anaelpri...." said Sikir, sitting there feeling self-conscious, "I-"

"Oh, right, you can't fly. No matter, I'll carry you," huffed Anaelpri.

"You're not strong enough to even if the best of conditions," said Sikir.

"And we're not in the best of conditions, what am I thinking? We need to get some food and rest up. Come on, let's look for some food. But no revealing ourselves to anyone. We don't need that sort of trouble right now."

"How will we get to the place where we'll be safe or figure out why we're killed without help?" pointed out Sikir.

"We'll worry about all that later," she replied, "now get to looking for food!"

They slipped into the grasses, leaving the disk behind on the beach.

5 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

"Huh," said Anaelpri, "it talks about us! The winged!"

"Talks? How can a sharp stone talk?" Sikir exclaimed.

"It's got clawscript silly!" Anaelpri explained, she had learned it from her parents.

"Huh?" said Sikir.

"There's words scrawled into it by claws," she said, a bit annoyed, "look, you don't need to understand why or how, just what it says! I'll tell you."

Anaelpri read the rest of the disc, the aviary? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense, there is no safe place for the winged in the world. That's what I thought I had. Yet, the appeal of a place with only the winged, no non-winged around, where she and Sikir would be safe...it drew her.

"So? Tell me what it says!" Sikir finally burst out.

"It says....we need to follow the brightest star in the sky," Anaelpri revealed.

"Why?" asked Sikir curiously.

"To find a place where winged will be safe," she finally said.

-

But what about the non-winged? And will I, with only one wing, be welcomed there? "Does it say anything else?"

"The oldest elders and wisest leaders know the reason why us winged are killed, and the whole thing is signed Squid," Anaelpri said, "and that's about it."

Now that's something worth doing, thought Sikir, if I can find out the reason why we're killed, then perhaps I can stop it and bring harmony to the winged and non-winged! "Well, let's get going then! There's gotta be someone on this island who can help us!"

"I say we ditch this island and fly to a new one, following the star!" said Anaelpri, Sikir couldn't tell if she was angry or excited.

"Anaelpri...." said Sikir, sitting there feeling self-conscious, "I-"

"Oh, right, you can't fly. No matter, I'll carry you," huffed Anaelpri.

"You're not strong enough to even if the best of conditions," said Sikir.

"And we're not in the best of conditions, what am I thinking? We need to get some food and rest up. Come on, let's look for some food. But no revealing ourselves to anyone. We don't need that sort of trouble right now."

"How will we get to the place where we'll be safe or figure out why we're killed without help?" pointed out Sikir.

"We'll worry about all that later," she replied, "now get to looking for food!"

They slipped into the grasses, leaving the disk behind on the beach.

The scent of food was almost overwhelming. Berry bushes to the left, oak trees to the right-it was luxurious! But before you could start gorging yourselves, the smell of a freshly marked border stopped you in your tracks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Green the Fiery Fox said:

-,-

she tried again, walking off in another direction.

You didn’t walk into a tree this time. Instead, after twenty minutes of walking, you step directly into a puddle of of half-dried blood.

3 minutes ago, Cookboi said:

You didn’t walk into a tree this time. Instead, after twenty minutes of walking, you step directly into a puddle of of half-dried blood.

She was fairly annoyed by this. But also internally horrified

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Green the Fiery Fox said:

She was fairly annoyed by this. But also internally horrified

Your internally horrified thoughts were soon interrupted by a hoarse snarl.

”WHO’S THERE!?”

41 minutes ago, Cookboi said:

Your internally horrified thoughts were soon interrupted by a hoarse snarl.

”WHO’S THERE!?”

Her ears are antennae pricked up, trying to figure out who the heck that was.

27 minutes ago, Green the Fiery Fox said:

Her ears are antennae pricked up, trying to figure out who the heck that was.

“W-wait!” The stranger added hastily. “You have wings. I have wings. And I need some-“ They broke of into fit of wheezeing and hacking before they could finish the sentence.

10 minutes ago, Cookboi said:

“W-wait!” The stranger added hastily. “You have wings. I have wings. And I need some-“ They broke of into fit of wheezeing and hacking before they could finish the sentence.

-.,-.

she can't s e e

she has barely any idea what's going on

and honestly doesn't care