Stray Fawn Community

game ideas

Zixvir

feel free to post game ideas or just gameplay Ideas for games that you couldn't really make work with the tools you have on the forums.

If you have a fully fleshed out Idea you should post it and then link it here, because this is mainly a hub, so it would fit.

I guess you can also post rp Ideas, But I would prefer you go to the post made for that that I forgot about.

If you can find the post that I forgot about please post a link.

• Paw up 1

here's one:

this one can use a controller or a keyboard.

Controller: Let's start with this cause it's a bit more simple. You either use the d-pad or the second stick on the right  to do this. You will have a sword and you can attack in any of the four directions with just the d-pad/2nd stick, and now for the fourth option, middle, you may not know this but you can press down the dpad or the control stick in the middle as a button, so your character would stab towards the 4th wall, which would be useless in most scenarios, but you could make sections of the game or even bosses based around this, but it's really more used for inputs, which we will talk about soon after this next mechanic, holding. You can hold your weapon in place by stabbing it and then holding in place, which wouldn't hurt enemies but be used for inputs, so you could have the middle one have a use as a hook and you have to hang on things. There's also diagonals, which you have from the begging of the game. Now for combinations, you could have a spin slash for:  left middle right repeat to continue, for a spin slash, or even: left middle right right left repeat to continue spinning,  or just have slashes like: up right, or: up middle down, and then hold, you could combo insanely, but we also have diagonals and holds, some moves would allow holds or right after, and some would require it to be right after, like spin slash, some would only accept holds, but those moves wouldn't be spammable very quickly as the stab is held so you have to wait for the stab to finish. Maybe have a way to cancel it. For the diagonals you could have diagonal  slashes and a diagonal spin: bottom left , middle, top right, bottom right, middle, top left, repeat to continue. This sums it up for controller, and also for other things that I didn't have to cover specifically with the controller

Keyboard:  we would have I for up, J for left, K for down, L for right, and semicolon/colon key for middle. diagonals would use j+k for bottom left, you guess the rest. Holding would act the same, same for everything else.

Other: you could have different weapons at different sections in the game, like a whip where you couldn't stab so you would have more specific inputs.

1 minute ago, Zixvir said:

here's one:

this one can use a controller or a keyboard.

Controller: Let's start with this cause it's a bit more simple. You either use the d-pad or the second stick on the right  to do this. You will have a sword and you can attack in any of the four directions with just the d-pad/2nd stick, and now for the fourth option, middle, you may not know this but you can press down the dpad or the control stick in the middle as a button, so your character would stab towards the 4th wall, which would be useless in most scenarios, but you could make sections of the game or even bosses based around this, but it's really more used for inputs, which we will talk about soon after this next mechanic, holding. You can hold your weapon in place by stabbing it and then holding in place, which wouldn't hurt enemies but be used for inputs, so you could have the middle one have a use as a hook and you have to hang on things. There's also diagonals, which you have from the begging of the game. Now for combinations, you could have a spin slash for:  left middle right repeat to continue, for a spin slash, or even: left middle right right left repeat to continue spinning,  or just have slashes like: up right, or: up middle down, and then hold, you could combo insanely, but we also have diagonals and holds, some moves would allow holds or right after, and some would require it to be right after, like spin slash, some would only accept holds, but those moves wouldn't be spammable very quickly as the stab is held so you have to wait for the stab to finish. Maybe have a way to cancel it. For the diagonals you could have diagonal  slashes and a diagonal spin: bottom left , middle, top right, bottom right, middle, top left, repeat to continue. This sums it up for controller, and also for other things that I didn't have to cover specifically with the controller

Keyboard:  we would have I for up, J for left, K for down, L for right, and semicolon/colon key for middle. diagonals would use j+k for bottom left, you guess the rest. Holding would act the same, same for everything else.

Other: you could have different weapons at different sections in the game, like a whip where you couldn't stab so you would have more specific inputs.

I didn't notice that this took an hour.

Just now, Zixvir said:

I didn't notice that this took an hour.

I came up with things during it, like diagonals, middles, and holds.

So the very base Idea would be different.

Just now, Zixvir said:

I came up with things during it, like diagonals, middles, and holds.

So the very base Idea would be different.

you could spam jab, er, stab by default, but it would take a rythm.

I have this idea for a game with like 30 different routes you could take. It'd most likely be a 2d game but I'm not sure what perspective would be the best. Any choises you make could change the story based on 2 meters: alignment and spirit. The setting would be a forest area with different villages. The residents are animals and the main character is a messenger that delivers mail between the villages. A few of the routes would be based around just that, but most of them involve leaving the task. When your spirit level goes up, you begin to notice new NPCs you couldn't see before. Ghosts, spirits and eventually even the creatures who hold this land together called "the eternals". If your spirit level stays low, you can go through the entire game without finding out anything about them. You also have a notebook, that you can scribble notes into. And also the structures in the entire game are decorated with scribbles that are actually both the letters of an ancient language as well as symbols with invidual meanings that hide an even deeper plotline that I haven't fully figured out yet.

I have a whole binder dedicated to this idea 😅

6 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I have this idea for a game with like 30 different routes you could take. It'd most likely be a 2d game but I'm not sure what perspective would be the best. Any choises you make could change the story based on 2 meters: alignment and spirit. The setting would be a forest area with different villages. The residents are animals and the main character is a messenger that delivers mail between the villages. A few of the routes would be based around just that, but most of them involve leaving the task. When your spirit level goes up, you begin to notice new NPCs you couldn't see before. Ghosts, spirits and eventually even the creatures who hold this land together called "the eternals". If your spirit level stays low, you can go through the entire game without finding out anything about them. You also have a notebook, that you can scribble notes into. And also the structures in the entire game are decorated with scribbles that are actually both the letters of an ancient language as well as symbols with invidual meanings that hide an even deeper plotline that I haven't fully figured out yet.

I have a whole binder dedicated to this idea 😅

It's fine to make long posts, My Idea was long. 

But if you implemented it in a game it wouldn't be too complicated.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Any choises you make could change the story based on 2 meters: alignment and spirit

Oh and also alignment is split to two meters. One is a temperature bar and the other is an elemental triangle with three main categories and three subgategories between them

2 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Oh and also alignment is split to two meters. One is a temperature bar and the other is an elemental triangle with three main categories and three subgategories between them

Could you explain why there's a temperature bar?

• Like 1

WIN_20210515_21_45_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.c7a11a3893b137d3abe4b27cb341c1bb.jpg

2 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

would it look like that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zixvir said:

Could you explain why there's a temperature bar?

It's just the fire vs frost alignment since allying with one of them would automatically ruins your chances with the other

9 hours ago, Zixvir said:

WIN_20210515_21_45_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.c7a11a3893b137d3abe4b27cb341c1bb.jpg

would it look like that?

I was thinking something more like this

kuva.png.631d0656857fd584d0e2dda1ab24af05.png

1 hour ago, Lilytuft said:

It's just the fire vs frost alignment since allying with one of them would automatically ruins your chances with the other

I was thinking something more like this

kuva.png.631d0656857fd584d0e2dda1ab24af05.png

yeah, I guess you wouldn't wanna get a copyright.

hmmmmm....

what if you don't ally with fire OR frost?

And who are they? 
actually, Maybe you could even make your own thread since the limit seems too small for the entire concept.

4 hours ago, Zixvir said:

what if you don't ally with fire OR frost?

Then you can stay neutral and the meter stays in the middle

I had an idea of a game which is a FPS survival horror and life simulation. Basically you play as this guy who has to kill this eldritch creature, but you're aging in the meantime. This means you must have a kid to ensure there will be someone in case you die. Also, if your heir is a kid when the role is passed down the eldritch being will send minions after you. Actually, it always does that, just more frequently. There's 2 health bars: Health and Pain. When the health bar is depleted you die, when the Pain bar is depleted you can't fight and must get away (which is hard, considering it slows speed as well). Pain bar recharges quickly outside of battle, Health needs some help lest you get an infection. Oh, you might get kicked out of your town, and I guess there will be technological advancements while the generations pass

• Eek! 1

5 hours ago, Modiano said:

Pain bar recharges quickly outside of battle

hmmm, maybe it could be the opposite? When you get hit, you could gain pain, and then if you stop moving the pain bar goes down.

If you're fully in pain you could go into shock and faint, but only if it's a super quick increase. Maybe have nerves as a mechanic where you can get hit in certain areas to feel pain. Maybe also have health and pain training.

Of course, that's my way of thinking of it, it's different for you.

There is an edit in the post.

It is small, but big.

8 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Then you can stay neutral and the meter stays in the middle

You should make your own post then link it here, because It would take too long to fully explain it here.
It would also have all of the information in one place.
I guess you wouldn't know who either of them are at the start of the game, so it would count as spoilers.

Now, since we are talking about a game here, what art style would it be in?

I'm gonna try some art on krita.

34 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

It is small, but big.

You should make your own post then link it here, because It would take too long to fully explain it here.
I guess you wouldn't know who either of them are at the start of the game, so it would count as spoilers.

I did pixel art.  I just scribbled, had a face shape,  and made this:2060004161_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.2103c6288991114d7867a1c408f36cb9.png

• Eek! 1

5 hours ago, Zixvir said:

It is small, but big.

I have an Idea!

This would be a vr game.

You would catch projectiles, but instead of  just catching them, you could do it while spinning to reflect the projectiles. You would do a 360 degree spin while hitting the projectile with the thing, and it would reflect. Though it would be more of a turnaround.

I have some game ideas, one of which is a space colonization game where u have to keep your people on earth and in space from revolting while also getting enough resources to make new colonies. Like a nation management game where you are managing many different places at once but you start out just on earth trying to make your first colony

On 5/17/2021 at 3:37 AM, Modiano said:

I had an idea of a game which is a FPS survival horror and life simulation. Basically you play as this guy who has to kill this eldritch creature, but you're aging in the meantime. This means you must have a kid to ensure there will be someone in case you die. Also, if your heir is a kid when the role is passed down the eldritch being will send minions after you. Actually, it always does that, just more frequently. There's 2 health bars: Health and Pain. When the health bar is depleted you die, when the Pain bar is depleted you can't fight and must get away (which is hard, considering it slows speed as well). Pain bar recharges quickly outside of battle, Health needs some help lest you get an infection. Oh, you might get kicked out of your town, and I guess there will be technological advancements while the generations pass

You should create a thread for this and link it!

4 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I have some game ideas, one of which is a space colonization game where u have to keep your people on earth and in space from revolting while also getting enough resources to make new colonies. Like a nation management game where you are managing many different places at once but you start out just on earth trying to make your first colony

cool!

• Like 1

I have an Idea where after you beat the game, You go back in time to defeat the bad guy, and shoot him in the head. But when you replay it after that happens it zooms in on your character, duplicate, and you shoot your other self, the first one, in the head,

This would make a long chain.