Stray Fawn Community

Buildings

Loxfeaf

If we can add something like a building paw, maybe we can build tunnels like burrows. Maybe add stone supplies so we can also build stuff like caves. We should also add lots of different supplies that different creatures can use and collect to build different things.

• Like 2

7 replies to this post

Not related to the suggestion, but you can edit the main post (click the … in the top right corner and choose 'edit') and add in your new ideas instead of posting them in the replies. That makes it much easier to understand :)

4 hours ago, dragon tamer said:

armour, weapons, tools

I think that's a bit too advanced for Nichelings. They're just normal animals; as smart as primates like orangutans or whatever at the most. Those animals can use minor tools but not armour or weapons! (As far as I know)

5 hours ago, dragon tamer said:

beaver tail making a dam

Beavers use their teeth to build dams. Just because a body part resembles one on a beaver doesn't mean it can be used for that purpose! If our nichelings were to make dams, they would need a beaver snout, not beaver tail. :)

On 5/23/2021 at 5:35 AM, dragon tamer said:

Maybe add stone supplies so we can also build stuff like caves

The same as I said on armour and weapons; I don't think any animal, no matter their intelligence, could realistically carve out, break, or build with stone. Especially not entire caves! Still a nice idea though.

Sorry if I come off as rude here, I'm just giving critisicm on what I think could be improved in this suggestion. Other then those few things, I enjoy the idea of building, especially tunnels!

• Like 2

I cant code but adding different parts that do different buildings like the beaver tail making a dam and digging paw making burrows that creatures can hide in. (creatures in our pack)

• Like 1

Also maybe each creature collects there own things and builds their own things instead of each item being shared. The creature's would need to stand next to each other to give items. (it won't take any movement points to give stuff)

They can also craft armour, weapons, tools, seeds and more!

One more thing, there should be a "make your own thing" button where you can have a category of materials that are used, what its for and where it can be placed, on rocks, in water, on snow and stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Speedyscout said:

Not related to the suggestion, but you can edit the main post (click the … in the top right corner and choose 'edit') and add in your new ideas instead of posting them in the replies. That makes it much easier to understand :)

I think that's a bit too advanced for Nichelings. They're just normal animals; as smart as primates like orangutans or whatever at the most. Those animals can use minor tools but not armour or weapons! (As far as I know)

Beavers use their teeth to build dams. Just because a body part resembles one on a beaver doesn't mean it can be used for that purpose! If our nichelings were to make dams, they would need a beaver snout, not beaver tail. :)

The same as I said on armour and weapons; I don't think any animal, no matter their intelligence, could realistically carve out, break, or build with stone. Especially not entire caves! Still a nice idea though.

Sorry if I come off as rude here, I'm just giving critisicm on what I think could be improved in this suggestion. Other then those few things, I enjoy the idea of building, especially tunnels!

1. Yes I was stupid and didn't listen. I'm the save today but I still know the trick.

2. Weapons as in sticks and stones idk what I meant by armour. Nimble paws and my skill tree suggestion would be good for this.

3. Beavers use their tails to slap mud to keep dams together but you'd need a gene to chop up wood

4. Animals do often build things as in using sticks and things for tools. crows have picked up flaming sticks to scare prey out of foliage, and they often bend sticks to scavenge for food

5. No offence taken!