Stray Fawn Community

Farewell

Katumai

uh...i can explain?

yeah. another playthrough, what did you expect???

this one is gonna be a little bit. different than my other ones, you'll see 👀

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

• Katumai changed the title to Farewell

Prologue

Down by the shore, and in the grass, nestled among the roots-

Were six.

Six peacefully asleep. Peacefully unaware.

Six who didn't know why they were there.

Just six. 

Letting the breeze wash over them. Letting the waves lull them to darkness.

------------

One opened their eyes.

And another.

And another still.

They were here.

------------

She blinked.

"I'm not sure I know you."

He didn't look at her.

"I don't think you do."

"Hm."

-------------------

"Firalis, are you alright?"

She shook her head, craning to see the stiff and unblinking male behind her.

"I feel fine."

"Do you?"

"Mhm." She looked around. The other four were quietly murmuring. "Just fine."

Today turned away, though it wasn't as if he could look anywhere. Darkness greeted him no matter which direction he faced.

Kudufryn looked upon the gathered five with half lidded eyes, posture and demeanor unbothered. 

Firalis met his gaze.

His eyes were unsettling.

1730705023_Screenshot(1146).thumb.png.feefcf2beee88ff11e0d1cdd7d248fac.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Katumai said:

Prologue

Down by the shore, and in the grass, nestled among the roots-

Were six.

Six peacefully asleep. Peacefully unaware.

Six who didn't know why they were there.

Just six. 

Letting the breeze wash over them. Letting the waves lull them to darkness.

------------

One opened their eyes.

And another.

And another still.

They were here.

------------

She blinked.

"I'm not sure I know you."

He didn't look at her.

"I don't think you do."

"Hm."

-------------------

"Firalis, are you alright?"

She shook her head, craning to see the stiff and unblinking male behind her.

"I feel fine."

"Do you?"

"Mhm." She looked around. The other four were quietly murmuring. "Just fine."

Today turned away, though it wasn't as if he could look anywhere. Darkness greeted him no matter which direction he faced.

Kudufryn looked upon the gathered five with half lidded eyes, posture and demeanor unbothered. 

Firalis met his gaze.

His eyes were unsettling.

1730705023_Screenshot(1146).thumb.png.feefcf2beee88ff11e0d1cdd7d248fac.png

I love them. Give me the children. I desire the children of the tan boi and the stripe gal. I shall never cease to desire. This is a threat, Kat Katumai. /hj

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Printe, the Foxy said:

I love them. Give me the children. I desire the children of the tan boi and the stripe gal. I shall never cease to desire. This is a threat, Kat Katumai. /hj

You'll never have them, you'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!! /j

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Megthewolf said:

How do you take your screenshots from steam to hear?

I just use my computer to take screenshots, not Steam, but I'll try to remember how I used to do it

Just now, Katumai said:

You'll never have them, you'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!! /j

Oh I will, Kat Katumai. But not out of dead hands, no no no. You'll be praying to the oh so famous Foggie, our lord and saviour, to bring the ship to life once I'm done. By then, you'd be more than willing to provide shipping material. >:) /J /J /J

5 minutes ago, Megthewolf said:

How do you take your screenshots from steam to hear?

From what I remember, if you click on a Steam screen shot and right click it after it gets bigger, an option called 'navigate to screenshot' should pop up. just click that and it should take you to where the screenshot is in your files

2 minutes ago, Non-Printe, the Foxy said:

Oh I will, Kat Katumai. But not out of dead hands, no no no. You'll be praying to the oh so famous Foggie, our lord and saviour, to bring the ship to life once I'm done. By then, you'd be more than willing to provide shipping material. >:) /J /J /J

If you touch the children, I won't be the one praying to Foggie, and she won't be able to help you once you try and fail /j /j /j

12 minutes ago, Katumai said:

From what I remember, if you click on a Steam screen shot and right click it after it gets bigger, an option called 'navigate to screenshot' should pop up. just click that and it should take you to where the screenshot is in your files

You may have changed my life forever

12 minutes ago, Katumai said:

If you touch the children, I won't be the one praying to Foggie, and she won't be able to help you once you try and fail /j /j /j

While they were fighting she slipped away with the moose horns girl

• Like 1

Chapter 1

And Perhaps the Past is Gone Now

---------------------

"Neat spot."

Rota merely flicked his tail at his sister. He was only half paying attention.

His wing swiped carefully over the tree stump, making sure to keep his balance as he inspected the hundreds of line and claw marks in the bark. Someone must've been there before.

"Rota."

A paw tapped him on the head.

He flicked an ear, eyes trailing down to meet Mirifela's mildly annoyed gaze.

"Hm?"

"You're not listening."

He blinked at her. "Yes I was."

She narrowed her eyes. "Then what did I say?"

"..." He didn't bother to defend himself, watching as his twin gave him the most deadpan look she could muster.

"Lazy." She sighed.

"Annoying." He shot back, immediately regretting it as her paw smacked him in the head and knocked him into the dirt.

162169273_Screenshot(1150).thumb.png.7dbda9d8424c6dca97bcfc9ed5f06ce2.png

-------------------

Firalis could feel a small puff of air on her cheek. 

"I don't like the rain." Today said in a shaky voice. "It's cold."

"It's not that bad." She mumbled back, eyes still closed and head tilted towards the sky. The water was cool on her fur, a welcoming contrast to the warmth she despised so much. She could sit in it for hours.

"My mama always said the rain was good for ya." Instinct's voice rang from Firalis's left. "She'd kick us outta the den and make us sit in it until it stopped, I guess it helped our immune systems."

"I don't think that's true...my mom never did that."

Firalis finally opened her eyes, glancing to her right. Today had his sightless gaze fixed on her, and she couldn't help but bristle as she realized what her friend was getting at.

She fixed him with a hard stare, hoping he would get her point just by looking at her.

...oh, wait.

"And Firalis's mother hated the rain."

She lowered her head down, eyes narrowed as she took in Today. He didn't seem to notice the angry aura surrounding her, or perhaps he was just ignoring it.

She could feel Instinct's curious gaze upon her. She probably thought she was being weird.

"I don't wanna talk about her." She turned away, glaring stubbornly into the grass and trying to will the thought out of her head.

It didn't matter what her mother hadn't liked. Not anymore.

Her mother didn't matter.

Today sighed behind her.

472135189_Screenshot(1149).thumb.png.4e0a9ba3f07080e3d9567978730b76db.png

• Like 3

Chapter 2

Live The Best Life

-------------------

"Is this your's?"

A knocking on the stump below him awoke Rota, and he drowsily peeked an eye open to see who was speaking with him.

An odd male stood before him, head tilted.

"Hm." Rota said groggily. "Your face looks weird."

The stranger blinked, pinning his ears back against his head and giving Rota a snarl with his scraggled teeth.

"Well that's rude."

"I'm aware." Rota yawned, stretching out across the stump and nearly smacking the guy in the face with his wing.

"Go away, I'm sleeping."

839915209_Screenshot(1151).thumb.png.abfc4ff57d46b673da4a4de802164837.png

-----------------

Odd.

He blinked again.

Still there.

Maybe he should be happier he could see now, even if it was only for a little.

Something rustling ahead caught his ears, and he slunk through the grass cautiously. Luckily there was no predator smell near by.

He could see the top of a head above the grass. 

Oh. 

It was just Kudufrn.

He was picking berries off a bush, seeming zeroed in on his work even as three crabbits surrounded him. Though they didn't seem threatening, they seemed almost...like friends.

As if he had sensed Today's presence, Kudufrn craned his head to look back at him.

His bright yellow eyes pierced right through him, and Today couldn't help but wonder if they were supposed to look like that.

"Hello." He greeted, and Today could've sworn he almost saw a smile ghost his face.

"Hello." He said back, holding the fierce yellow gaze with as much indifference as he could. Though his eyes couldn't help but wander back to the crabbits, who almost looked like they were staring at him too.

"They're not aggressive." Kudufrn chimed. Today could see him gesture him over with his paw, and he reluctantly came over and sat down next to him.

The male towered over him, and Today blinked as he realized just how big he was. 

"They're good..." He watched as the nicheling brought down a paw and rubbed one of the crabbits on the shell, to which it responded by not immediately attacking him. 

Today blinked. He had never seen a crabbit so docile before.

"Are you a wildlife spirit?"

Kudufrn looked at him out of the corner of his eye. "No. I'm just good with animals."

He turned to look at him, and Today couldn't help but wonder if he was seeing things.

The shape of Kudufrn's pupil had morphed. It looked more like a diamond now.

But as soon as he blinked, it was gone.

Huh.

It was just his imagination, he thought briefly as Kudufrn returned to his task.

Just his imagination.

1777179966_Screenshot(1152).thumb.png.0357a679d140f36a4c308ca0b14f508d.png

• Like 3

before i update this i just wanna say sorry for the weird chapter names, they don't make a lot of sense right now but i promise im going somewhere dtfygu

(also I've picked up Danganronpa's habit of giving their chapters weird names)

• Like 2
  • Paw up 2

Chapter 3

New Life Doesn't Mean Good Life

"Hehehe!"

Rota sighed as he was kept from his nap, trying to ignore the constant giggling coming from his left.

He lifted his head and turned, ready to tell Instinct to screw off before jabbed her with his horns.

He blinked. 

He blinked again.

Huh.

The albino was curled up in a nest, giggling as a small cub tried to pounce on her swaying tail.

"Um..."

His voice made Instinct look up, and she gave him a smile. "Heya Rota!"

"Hi?" He didn't stop staring a the cub, who was now curiously blinking up at him.

Her eyes were brown.

"Oh!" Instinct looked down at the cub. "This is Kakanna!"

The cub made some kind of chirping noise at him, but all he could do was wonder.

Where had she come from?

She was obviously Instinct's daughter, that was obvious, but...

He narrowed his eyes.

She didn't exactly look like any of the males around.

So who...

"You okay?" A white tail waved in front of his face.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Rota, get your tail up, Kudufrn found a rabbil burrow."

He huffed, slowly turning his head to shoot Mirifela a glare.

"So?"

"You have horns, don't you?" She scoffed. Her eyes flicked over to Instinct, and she gave a wave. "Hey Instinct, I hope he wasn't bothering you."

The albino shook her head. "He was fine, ya'll should get goin'!"

"Right, come on."

Rota felt teeth dig into his wing, hissing as he was dragged off the stump and hit the ground.

As he followed his twin, he still couldn't help but wonder.

He could have sworn Instinct had said she was infertile.

326831424_Screenshot(1153).thumb.png.717b98bde576a57cf5bb060aa0160c98.png

---------------------

"And that is how I single pawed-ly killed a bluebird!"

Firalis sighed.

She could hear Mirifela laughing beside her, and even Instinct was leaning forward in interest.

She didn't understand.

The stranger obviously hadn't killed a predator in his life, his tiny little crippled paw couldn't kill a rabbil.

He wasn't even attractive, in Firalis's opinion, anyway. (Not that she should really be one to judge the attractiveness of males)

"Wow!" Mirifela laughed. Since when did the female act like some love-struck teen? Firalis thought she might gag. If Rota was here, maybe he would have knocked some sense into his sister by now.

She just wanted to go hunting.

281309992_Screenshot(1154).thumb.png.53d1c1a57fc8e718e7b95527c5fb6895.png

• Like 3

Chapter 4

Bonds Are Made To Be Broken

"Who's there?"

Kakanna stepped through the grass, tail curled defensively over her back.

There was something in there. She could hear it.

Another rustle came from ahead of her, and she sunk low to the ground. She didn't exactly blend in, but hopefully whatever it was wouldn't see her.

Unable to take the suspense any longer, she sprang forward.

She felt herself collide into something, tackling it to the ground with her as it writhed in surprise.

Definitely not any kind of prey.

Or a predator.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!"

A slightly panicked voice caught her attention, and she took a moment to actually look at what she was holding down.

Hm.

A nicheling.

A female slightly bigger than herself with dark, blood red fur, and a snout similar to the ones she saw on the rogues all the time.

"I didn't mean to take your food or anything, I was just-"

"Calm down, geez." Kakanna huffed, giving the female the best annoyed stare she could muster.

That got her to stop jabbering, and the two just kind of stared at each other.

Her fur is soft... Kakanna thought absentmindedly, flexing her claws a little at the feeling of the velvet soft fur.

Dammit, shut up. She chastised her own brain, finally getting off and letting the poor girl up.

"Um...."

"I'm sorry for attacking you." Kakanna said begrudgingly, not meeting the other nicheling's gaze. "There's been a lot of rogue males and bearyenas lately. Momma sent me to check on things."

There was silence for a moment, before Kakanna heard some kind of purring noise. "Aww, you still call her 'mama'!"

Kakanna could feel her pelt grow hot as she whipped around, glaring at the laughing nicheling with as much intensity as she could.

"S-Shut up!"

1103009802_Screenshot(1155).thumb.png.4bf3cda67e79d3d6f84978973c4a027a.png

------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, really?"

"Yep! It nearly had me, too!"

"I'm sure." Mirifela chuckled, smiling as Vim finished his story about he had fought a balance bear.

In all honesty, she wasn't sure she completely believed his stories, but the least she could do was humor him.

"That thing fed the whole tribe for months!"  He exclaimed proudly, and Mirifela pretended not to notice when he moved closer to her side. "I was hailed as a hero after that!"

Mirifela couldn't help but laugh a little. Vim was just so...confident, about everything. He was loud and proud and wasn't afraid to say whatever he wanted. 

She really liked being around him.

She really liked him.

"You okay?" 

She blinked. "Oh yeah, sorry. Just thinking."

He smiled at her, brighter than the sun.

Her whole being was soothed, calmer than the moon.

1533869087_Screenshot(1266).thumb.png.bd06abca5dc81ce496e0e5c90936aa53.png

-----------------------------------------

"I think it was over here..."

She brushed aside another clump of grass.

No luck.

"Dammit..." She mumbled, hearing Today make a small noise behind her.

She could have sworn she smelled the rabbil burrow out here...

"I don't smell anything, Firalis..." Today walked up next to her, head raised as if he was looking above the treetops with his sightless gaze.

Firalis groaned, flopping down on the sand in defeat. She was too sleep deprived for this. Maybe she was hallucinating smells now.

Today sat down next to her, and the two waited in calm silence.

"You don't have your mother's sense of smell."

Firalis bristled, turning her head away in indignation. "Why do you keep wanting to talk about her?"

Today sighed. "Because, Firalis, you can't keep avoiding the topic forever. She was bad, yes, and she did bad things, but Wi-"

"Don't." Firalis held a paw, still not looking at him. "Don't say her name. Please just, don't."

"Firalis..." Today shuffled a little closer, though she didn't look at him. "You can't keep running away. It's not fair, not to yourself or..." He trailed off. "You know who." 

Firalis dug her claws into the sand, ears flat against her head. "It doesn't matter if it's fair to her."

Today took a deep breath. "Your mother-"

"IS DEAD!" She snapped, whipping around with a furious snarl. "SHE'S GONE! SHE'S GONE, AND SHE WAS HORRIBLE, AND I HATE HER! I HATE HER! AND SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE EXISTED, AND I SHouldn't have existed..." 

Firalis broke off, still glaring and growling, but she couldn't help but start to cry. She was sick of bottling it all up for so long.

She leaned forward and shoved her face in Today's shoulder, letting herself cry, because Today was the only one she had left. He was her best friend, and she didn't want him to leave.

Today sighed, an aching pain in his chest as he set a paw on Firalis's back.

"Who your parents were isn't your fault..." He whispered.

A calm silence washed over them.

"And..." Firalis breathed out, barely audible.

"And maybe I miss her a little..."

2090503370_Screenshot(1270).thumb.png.a8d10071d06284469d41cc968c133421.png

--------------------------

"Now, where'd ya come from?"

Instinct watched as the brown ball of fur wobbled up to her, making a little noise. It looked about as big as any teen nicheling, but she wasn't dumb. She knew what it was.

"Where's ya mama?" She cooed, crouching down so she was eye level with it. "I didn't see any bearyenas around here lately."

All she got in response was the cub rubbing it's face against her cheek, and she huffed in surprise, pulling back a little.

"Alright, well." She sighed. "You can stay here for a bit if you wanna."

1268596913_Screenshot(1271).thumb.png.317bd58a615a1dba79774cb94cd82481.png

------------------------------------

Stupid.

Rota huffed, watching the two with narrowed eyes.

Stupid. So stupid.

His sister was laying in a nest, a small cub curled up against her side as she and Vim cooed over it.

Stupid.

Mirifela was smiling. She was laughing. She was happy.

Rota couldn't remember the last time he had seen her happy.

He stared. Stared from the top of his perch on the tree stump.

The one he was always sitting on.

She didn't look in his direction.

400472588_Screenshot(1273).thumb.png.2754023ec8e5e0ba4f54909acea7efa0.png

-------------

"Can I talk to you?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Sure?"

He took her over by the shore, where she gave him a questioning look. 

"What do you want?"

He hated how she had said that.

"So, you're a mother now."

"Yeah?"

"It's just..." He stretched out his wing, choosing to focus on the way the feathers spread. "I'm...happy for you."

"Oh, really?" Her tone was unreadable. He couldn't tell if she believed him or not.

"Yeah, I am." His eyes flicked to the waves. "I just wish you would spend more time with me, is all."

Mirifela didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"We talk all the time, Rota. Don't be stupid."

He flinched. "I know, it just...feels wrong. To see you with someone else, without even acknowledging me."

"Really?" Mirifela scoffed. "I'm allowed to do things without you."

"....we're twins-"

"You think just because we're twins, we have to do everything together?" She hissed. 

"No!"

"We're not back home anymore, Rota! We're allowed to go off, and be our own people, and start families and live a life that's our own! We're not stuck together anymore!"

He stared at the sand. Maybe if he didn't look at her she would stop talking to him.

"All we have left is each other, Mirifela-"

"Not anymore!" She said, tone exasperated. "Not anymore! We're in a tribe again, we have others now! have others now!"

He didn't look at her.

She sighed, and he could see her shadow move. Maybe she was standing up.

"I'm choosing to live my own life. I want to be happy, Rota."

He could hear her walking away.

"I just want to be happy..."

There was a tightness in his chest.

He stared at the waves, hoping that maybe they would swallow him whole.

"...what about me?..."

A loneliness coursed through him.

"...do I get to be happy?..."

1411278924_Screenshot(1274).thumb.png.0abcb860068ae42ae435ee377c7d0698.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Interlude

"Your daughter is...strange."

"Can you blame her? She's...adjusting. She didn't have very good influences in her past."

"I suppose. I'm curious what she'll be getting up to."

"Truth be told, I worry for her. I'm not so sure she's getting any more stable...."

"I guess we'll see then."

Why was he so insistent on all of this? Not like he was gaining much from me. 

Though she guessed she couldn't blame him. 

"Was it...really so smart to send your son down there?"

"Why wouldn't it be? He handles himself just fine, y'know!"

"I'm aware, not like you haven't told me a million times."

"Well he's and interesting one, but wouldn't you say that works well for this group?"

"Yes, but he knows things, who's to say he wont lead them astray?"

"I may be obnoxious, but one thing I'm NOT is, stupid! If I thought he was gullible enough to pull something like that I wouldn't have sent him-have I ever led you astray before, brother?~"

"Yes, you have, actually. Many, many times."

"Ahhh, guess ya got me there!  But really, I know nothing will go wrong for us! I know that because I-"

"-Know everything, yes, I'm aware. You really need to think of another personality trait."

"Ahh, you're funny, aren't you? Wish I could stay and chat, but believe it or not, I have business to attend to!"

"Yeah, yeah...why doesn't she ever talk to me?"

"Who knows, not my problem!"

"Shut up. Go to your stupid meeting or whatever before I spit on you."

"Wow! That's gross! Byeee!"

--------------------

"Are they okay down there? He...doesn't seem to be doing too well."

"..."

"I mean, I'm sure they'll be okay, but sometimes I worry."

"..."

"Are you alright? You've looked really down lately, fluffy. I'm sorry if something happened...has Orc-"

"No...I guess I'd rather keep it that way. I'm not sure where he is nowadays..."

"Oh, really? I thought he'd at least come to say hi, I guess not...I'm sorry for asking, love."

"It's alright...I'm just not used to this, my throat hurts..."

"You don't have to say anything. I'm sure they'll be fine down there. They've worked through things before, I'm sure they can now. I doubt they'll be going anywhere anytime soon."

"Okay...thank you."

-----------------------------------

"̸̨̜̘̤͔̪͉͖̙̈́̽́͆͠͝H̷̡̛̫̳͇̬͎͂͒̒̄̈́͆͝ë̶͙ ̸̡̛̙͖̗̰̽͊́͒̀̾̅s̷̹̱̑͂̈́̂h̷̢͚̻͈̹͈̗̬̾̋̈́͐͜͝͝ò̷͓̙͓̱̲̖̭̊̽̈́ū̸̘̘̟̰͕̤̘͉ͅl̴̥̓d̴̨̢̧̪̖̩̽̈́͐͐͜ṇ̴̫͎͙̪̞̂̏̾̐̒̊̽̈́͜'̴̡̬͉̞̝͆̉̅̔̏͑̑̚͜͜t̵͎̦̤̠̦͆͆͑̒ ̷̥̰͗̓̏̉̋̋̕̕b̷͉͖̩̦͂́̉͊̑͒͊̈̊̊ẹ̵̡̜̠̖̫̼̦̣͐́̈́̂͒͌̽̾̈́͘͜ ̵̘̥̟͂͗̚h̶̨̨̬̪̬̦̪̟̥͚͛̋̐̓̕͝ȩ̵͈͈̤͕̩̭̲͋̊͆̒̎̆̀͛͂͜r̶̖̲͍̒͂̀͒͐̈ë̶̢̹̞͓̖̖̦͛̒̏́.̴̡̡̛̛̥̹̭̦̱̹͚̥̀̓̃̽͋̄"̷̭͗̑̑̃̊̌̓̉̌͘

• Eek! 1

On 5/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, Katumai said:

uh...i can explain?

yeah. another playthrough, what did you expect???

this one is gonna be a little bit. different than my other ones, you'll see 👀

I saw this and was worried that you were gonna leave.

(notifs)

• Paw up 1

3 hours ago, Katumai said:

Interlude

"Your daughter is...strange."

"Can you blame her? She's...adjusting. She didn't have very good influences in her past."

"I suppose. I'm curious what she'll be getting up to."

"Truth be told, I worry for her. I'm not so sure she's getting any more stable...."

"I guess we'll see then."

Why was he so insistent on all of this? Not like he was gaining much from me. 

Though she guessed she couldn't blame him. 

"Was it...really so smart to send your son down there?"

"Why wouldn't it be? He handles himself just fine, y'know!"

"I'm aware, not like you haven't told me a million times."

"Well he's and interesting one, but wouldn't you say that works well for this group?"

"Yes, but he knows things, who's to say he wont lead them astray?"

"I may be obnoxious, but one thing I'm NOT is, stupid! If I thought he was gullible enough to pull something like that I wouldn't have sent him-have I ever led you astray before, brother?~"

"Yes, you have, actually. Many, many times."

"Ahhh, guess ya got me there!  But really, I know nothing will go wrong for us! I know that because I-"

"-Know everything, yes, I'm aware. You really need to think of another personality trait."

"Ahh, you're funny, aren't you? Wish I could stay and chat, but believe it or not, I have business to attend to!"

"Yeah, yeah...why doesn't she ever talk to me?"

"Who knows, not my problem!"

"Shut up. Go to your stupid meeting or whatever before I spit on you."

"Wow! That's gross! Byeee!"

--------------------

"Are they okay down there? He...doesn't seem to be doing too well."

"..."

"I mean, I'm sure they'll be okay, but sometimes I worry."

"..."

"Are you alright? You've looked really down lately, fluffy. I'm sorry if something happened...has Orc-"

"No...I guess I'd rather keep it that way. I'm not sure where he is nowadays..."

"Oh, really? I thought he'd at least come to say hi, I guess not...I'm sorry for asking, love."

"It's alright...I'm just not used to this, my throat hurts..."

"You don't have to say anything. I'm sure they'll be fine down there. They've worked through things before, I'm sure they can now. I doubt they'll be going anywhere anytime soon."

"Okay...thank you."

-----------------------------------

"̸̨̜̘̤͔̪͉͖̙̈́̽́͆͠͝H̷̡̛̫̳͇̬͎͂͒̒̄̈́͆͝ë̶͙ ̸̡̛̙͖̗̰̽͊́͒̀̾̅s̷̹̱̑͂̈́̂h̷̢͚̻͈̹͈̗̬̾̋̈́͐͜͝͝ò̷͓̙͓̱̲̖̭̊̽̈́ū̸̘̘̟̰͕̤̘͉ͅl̴̥̓d̴̨̢̧̪̖̩̽̈́͐͐͜ṇ̴̫͎͙̪̞̂̏̾̐̒̊̽̈́͜'̴̡̬͉̞̝͆̉̅̔̏͑̑̚͜͜t̵͎̦̤̠̦͆͆͑̒ ̷̥̰͗̓̏̉̋̋̕̕b̷͉͖̩̦͂́̉͊̑͒͊̈̊̊ẹ̵̡̜̠̖̫̼̦̣͐́̈́̂͒͌̽̾̈́͘͜ ̵̘̥̟͂͗̚h̶̨̨̬̪̬̦̪̟̥͚͛̋̐̓̕͝ȩ̵͈͈̤͕̩̭̲͋̊͆̒̎̆̀͛͂͜r̶̖̲͍̒͂̀͒͐̈ë̶̢̹̞͓̖̖̦͛̒̏́.̴̡̡̛̛̥̹̭̦̱̹͚̥̀̓̃̽͋̄"̷̭͗̑̑̃̊̌̓̉̌͘

Hehe, yes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

here i come

im coming back

im rapidly approaching 

uh anyway im updating this soon, but in the meantime heres like. a piece of plot kind of

all of the characters are descendants of characters from my other playthroughs (Today only like...half counts, which sounds weird but you'll learn someday) i tried to make some more obvious than others (*cough* Firalis *coUgh*) and while some are just direct children, others are a few generations down

feel free to try and guess who is descended from who, I've given hints throughout the whole playthrough (again, Firalis more so than the others, her character arc and past are fun to work with and she could be considered the 'main character'), that whole interlude chapter was to try and give hints 

and trust me, if youve read APOD, i think its easy enough to figure out who the second character in the Interlude chapter is just by the way they talk

and Kudufrn literally showed up in a playthrough before so yknow

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

okay im not going to be continuing this because my computer did this funny little thing so i will simply dump the lore straight on yall instead

so first of all-this going to sound bad, but honestly, it was created with the intention of being bad so hear me out- Firalis' parents are Wildire (shocker) and. Cocospill. yeah, yknow, Wildfire's own sister. if anyone remembers that time i said i was holding off on showing a certain plot point in IL, this is what i meant. To put it simply: Cocospill lived and came back, since Wildfire was a baby when she supposedly 'died', she hardly remembered her-and, being the messed up individual that she is-grew an extremely unhealthy obsession with her even after finding out they were related. Messed up, i know, but its ME so is it really that surprising (just to be clear, i do not condone having insane borderline stalker crushes on your siblings)

But yeah, Cocospill died for real this time when Firalis was a baby and Wildfire left her in the burning jungle. She was rescued by a peaceful bear who brought her back to the tribe but shes got some serious mommy issues.

I think Kudufrn is obvious at this point-his parents are Doxx and Southend, massive shock i know (/s) but yeah he's like, half demon?? He was raised by his totally-not-evil-or-a-demon father and his two other, less murdery fathers. Somehow how the one with the least trauma here

Rota and Mirifela are descendants of Cream, not completely sure how-probably through Orcene in some way. Their whole tribe basically pulled a Demon Slayer ep 1 (haha im so funny) and all just died one day when the two woke up. They still have no idea what happened, but naturally, being children, they got the hell out of there. They grew up with nobody but each other and faced a looott of shady/ dangerous situations and people

Instinct is so far down her bloodline that it basically doesn't even matter but she's like half Edith half Snickerdoodle II. Her mother was the only one around to care for her, but was super standoffish and depressed and could barely even look at her own daughter. Instinct is a bit socially inept because of all that but she tries her best

and Today is just a real funny guy. nothing more : ) youll find out at some point maybe

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I dont have anything resembling an update, BUT I just remembered some little things i wrote like a year ago, so if youre interested in some (vague) lore, here ya go

"Hey mom?"-Firalis: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18jtBZF4W1N5wPyd7DFpbJNrCNMeLUmrBb5seECxYo78/edit?usp=sharing

"Future"-Kudufrn: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N32hxlHdg0fVHwVtv_iNTPOZNdt_G1F_hrIALN7bzH8/edit?usp=sharing

"Rain"-Instinct: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14bLLoeak3bi2qC4fVtE5fAgJY3MLT72UjlRLcsF24tE/edit?usp=sharing

11 hours ago, Katumai said:

I dont have anything resembling an update, BUT I just remembered some little things i wrote like a year ago, so if youre interested in some (vague) lore, here ya go

"Hey mom?"-Firalis: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18jtBZF4W1N5wPyd7DFpbJNrCNMeLUmrBb5seECxYo78/edit?usp=sharing

"Future"-Kudufrn: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N32hxlHdg0fVHwVtv_iNTPOZNdt_G1F_hrIALN7bzH8/edit?usp=sharing

"Rain"-Instinct: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14bLLoeak3bi2qC4fVtE5fAgJY3MLT72UjlRLcsF24tE/edit?usp=sharing

these are vv cool… do you mind if I make fake map scripts too?