Stray Fawn Community

time to go against pokemon

Zixvir

time to create a pokemon alternative.

It could be a series.

it'd be based off of pokemon in terms of the typings, and that's about it.

the types would be: plasma, aqua, earth, wind, photonic, chemical, mechanical, spiritual

here's my rival:

Here's the link to an Ideas thread for more game Ideas:

the attack system would be different, you would have  more moves, and there would be many types of attacks.

the trainer would also learn skills, and the thing(it's gonna compete with pokemon) will have  a last attack that would be picked by it, like the default rpg attack, where you would tell it to use that attack.

Game SystemI'm not sure what game system this would use yet. It would ideally be for 3ds but then It would have to be approved by nintendo. I would be planning to charge for the game, and there would be a demo to showcase the mechanics. It'll probably end up being for the Pc. I might be able to incorperate the 3ds touchscreen by adding a software for the pc so you could play the game, but a problem would arise as if it was for nintendo it couldn't always have touchscreen, and for pc the players would be expecting something new.

New: due to more recent thoughts I have almost 100 percent decided that it should be for pc.

plot: in this game you will play as as a policeman/woman with these creatures by your side. You will mainly be taking on other people with creatures, You are also a creature researcher and you will have access to creatures when working on the case, though sometimes that wouldn't be allowed. Essentially you work for the police and are researching creatures, and they're really powerful, so sometimes you have to use creatures too, though mostly you'll battle with your bare hands. And your main objective during cases is to capture the criminal, and restrain the creatures. You may also go to war so that you get to use creatures more often and there would be more room for stuff, but there also has to be room for researching and policing. There's also probably gonna be a second game so we can't make it too good. It would probably just have some of the mechanics listed here, then have multiple games until we get to the maximum. 

Plot pt.2: ok so in the first game you'll be a police person who does police stuff but there's a war that you go to some part through the game, but first you have to fight escaped test subjects and kill or neutralize them. The creatures will be weapons. And you as a Police worker will stop them, sometimes with someone controlling them. You then learn that there is a war, and your country is about to join in. You have to either stop the war, or fight in it. This could be a timeline split where there's multiple games and multiple endings. So in the first game no fighting using the creatures themselves, only fighting the creatures. So that's about it. You'll be a police officer and you either stop or join in a war. There might be a timeline split after the the first one. In the one where you fight the war there would be another timeline split, allowing for even more universes. This is the overarching plot for all the games. Next we will talk about the plot in the first game that will be made.

Plot pt.3: T

mechanics(these are the game mechanics):

What you as a character do:

Eating: in this game there will be sections where you grab a bite to eat. This would either be in the war game or the first game, or both. You would  make friends during these sections. Maybe when you have control of your Creatures you have to feed them, and various things like Creature Affection may increase. Essentially you'll eat and somtimes meet people and possibly make a friend, effecting the outcome of which ending you would get in plot. That's about it for eating. There may also be cooking.

Catching criminalsYour main goal in the first game will be to catch criminals. This will be the main game mechanic. You will be at the scene and there will be driving. You will have a driving minigame and if the crime scene involves them driving it may get more complex requiring actual skill instead of just being a normal road. Some to most of the criminals will have creatures and they'll be tough to fight. The creature could be the one doing the crime, or just protecting the criminal. In most cases they would be protecting the criminal. Sometimes there would be simple graffiti, and they'll have a gun so you'll have to bring armor, but mainly you just catch the criminal as fast as possible to minimize the injury that you the player take. To make the game actually interesting you will have most of the cases have some kind of a twist other than low level crimes and such. In order to specify how this would work we would need to choose a game system, which relies on these. So A system will be decided soon. Criminal catching tutorial: the tutorial would have many minigames, but they would be non-lethal variants. 

Knife minigame: so when catching criminals sometimes they would have throwing knives. If you don't know this about the case or forgot to bring chainmail and still have soft bullet protection then you have to dodge throwing knives through a rythm minigame where you dodge the knives while running or until they run out of knives. The minigame will start without warning and end quickly. The training equivalent would be with nerf bullets that you have to dodge, and you  having to get to the end. 3 strikes to 1 part and you're out. If you run while dodging the knives it will go faster, and you'll have less movement options so you'll likely end up tanking it, which will get less viable very quickly throughout the game. During the minigame you would have a circle of lanes around the target and you have to dodge the knives/nerf bullets. You will press the arrow keys or wasd to move around. down would be duck, and up would be jump. left and right would be moving left or right. Spacebar would make you move forward. The best strategy would be to run in a circle moving forward, which would be the first parts of the tutorial, then the next parts would have you have limited space with fewer movement options. And lastly, in part one of the tutorial there would be safe spaces where the bullets would be blocked. During an actual case the knives would stop being thrown when you hide behind an object and would start being thrown a little after you exit so it's a good strategy. Most of the time there won't be safe spaces though.

Score: when you do cases you would get a score based on how well you did. If you get enough bad scores in a row you get kicked out with a game over screen and you have to restart from where you last saved.

Fighting with creatures:

Attack menu: 

Fight tab: there would be 8 skill attacks(like in pokemon). sometimes these would have minigames.

Item tab:

Run:

Trainer assists:

Main attack: This would be red, and in the center of the attack menu.

size: you would have your (brand safe pokemon alternative) follow you, and you would have a varying maximum amount based on that. This would have many variables, ask as many questions as possible so I can flesh it out.

pokedex alternative: you would have observing sections in the game where you would document things not documented, depending on your actions in the game, your character will write things down that correspond to what choices you made. This could only be tested in a demo if there was a quiz section.(I have demo plans but I don't know how to code and would rather art or music, or both)

attack types: this would be the alternative to the special or physical attack system. There would be:                     

Sound: this would have ties to certain battlefields, and do many things. It is based off of the pokemon community's Idea for a sound type. Maybe have all creatures that use these attacks have a multiplier for them. Maybe even have attacks become available if a creature that doesn't usually have ANY sound attacks by training. 

physical: these would be pretty normal, and just be physical and be affected by things that relate                         

Ranged: like physical, but instead of effecting the creature, it would effect the projectile.

Battlers:

Optional trainers: when you talk to these, they well ask if you would like to battle, you can politley decline, or move on to the next step. Sometimes they'll just battle you, but usually they'll ask you if you want to multibattle and if you would like to use battlefield modifiers, along with if items are allowed.

Creature areas: these and Goons can harm you, the trainer. Whenever you walk in a creature area A creature will have a chance to pounce you if you walk in grass, or if you stand around for too long.

Goons: Also called aggresive trainers, these will function as the trainer does in Pokemon.

Battle Mechanics:

Multi battles: like multi battles in pokemon, but there would be many support moves. ask as many questions as you can so I can flesh this out.

Battle minigames: you the trainer would sometimes help your creature fight, and sometimes you would have to command your creature to dodge and/or block attacks so that you, the trainer doesn't get hurt. Trying not to get yourself hurt is priority.

Commanding Creatures: You will command your creatures to dodge, block you, and do various things. This will be based on the creature affection. sometimes the will protect you without you asking so you'll have to command them not to, and sometimes you can command them to do a Trainer assist

Trainer assists: (filler text)

Magic and Stamina: so this would function like power points in pokemon. Unlike the pp in Pokemon these would be one bar for each pokemon. But they would recharge with time or some items and some moves. Stamina would be the creature's energy to do stuff, some foods would recharge or unlock it. Some creatures would have second wind, which would recharge stamina. Some wouldn't have stamina, and just use magic. Some magic moves would recharge stamina, though I'm not sure about vice versa.

Magic: some attacks would use Magic, these attacks would sometimes use player interaction, sometimes to increase damage, and other times to make the attack work. Sometimes they would choose how the attack works.

Stamina: (filler text)

Improvisation with creatures: so you when a pokemon would get Injured or ran out of stamina/magic they would use certain attacks differantly, effecting how they would use attacks and do certain things.

Affection: T

Ask as many questions as you can so I can flesh this out, also make ideas cause I need those too

3 minutes ago, Paincake said:

Jokes on you I already have a Pokémon ripoff 😌

???

please tell me what it is?

also this wouldn't function like pokemon very much.

though it is based on it so I can't say I blame you

17 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

*tries really hard not to giggle like a 5-year-old*

(my sense of humour is terrible)

17 hours ago, Polly said:

why have you done this

16 hours ago, Paincake said:

Jokes on you I already have a Pokémon ripoff 😌

this has been updated A BUNCH.

and be sure to check back because it's gonna update a bunch

it's mostly gonna be in the main post

3 hours ago, gamingcookie said:

*doesnt notice*

*blackhole appears*

Ok seriously though I actually need questions, it makes it easier to fill in the subjects.

Also pitch Ideas because it needs more.

47 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

can you get mashed potatoes

explain.

If you're asking if there will be a food section, I don't see why not, so might as well.

25 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

explain.

If you're asking if there will be a food section, I don't see why not, so might as well.

wait forgot to make food section.

1 hour ago, gamingcookie said:

can you get mashed potatoes

4 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

wait forgot to make food section.

and now if you reread it you should see that there is an eating section.