Stray Fawn Community

Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods Mods

w1ngz

This game is dead, and will remain dead without modding capability

Please let us have it. We've waited really patiently. It would also continue your sales.

Commercializing kids toys is not a good alternative if you are in the business of making video games as opposed to inevitable Goodwill donations

So please give us modding capability

3 replies to this post

@w1ngz Unfortunatly, this is not a question of us not being willing to let people have modding access. The game wasn't programmed in a way to allow modding. This projects started as my personal project (I'm not a very good programmer) and it still has the same code-base. I never exspected the game to be this popular, so modding capability was never a point I focused on back then. To allow modding, we would need to rewrite most of the game's code, re-programming it pretty from scratch, which would take months of work. Same with multiplayer. As an indie studio, we need to either have an amazingly successful game that we keep updating or we need to keep releasing new games to keep going. And Niche has been a success for us, but definetly not so big that we can just sustain our studio with it.
I hope you understand!

• Like 2
  • Paw up 6

Multiplayer and Mod suggestions have already been stated by the developers will not be implemented as of now.

-from the rules topic of this board

• Like 2

1 hour ago, w1ngz said:

This game is dead, and will remain dead without modding capability

Please let us have it. We've waited really patiently. It would also continue your sales.

Commercializing kids toys is not a good alternative if you are in the business of making video games as opposed to inevitable Goodwill donations

So please give us modding capability

2 minutes ago, Polly said:

Multiplayer and Mod suggestions have already been stated by the developers will not be implemented as of now.

-from the rules topic of this board

ALSO! They are working on the Niche Mobile Game and a new game The Wandering Village so they can't update this rn.

• Like 2