Stray Fawn Community

Divergent Evolution: Community Challenge

Speedyscout

Just now, Chiyanna said:

41 sounds good! Though maybe you should expand the number of days till the challenge ends to be 120 or something like that since generations will be longer and you want more of them for adaptation. Or maybe just make it so you have to reach gen 10

Those are both good ideas! However I want to make sure @Modiano is okay with it, since she already finished the challenge so I want to make sure she's okay with the requirements and settings being majorly changed after. :)

• Paw up 1

2 hours ago, Speedyscout said:

Those are both good ideas! However I want to make sure @Modiano is okay with it, since she already finished the challenge so I want to make sure she's okay with the requirements and settings being majorly changed after. :)

Sure, though maybe 40 or 45 days for adult. (I didn't see the notification somehow)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

7 hours ago, Modiano said:

Sure, though maybe 40 or 45 days for adult. (I didn't see the notification somehow)

I think I'll make it 42 days, then they can have exactly 13 children (14 is very lucky) each. :) And I think I'll change it to Reach Generation 10 for the win-goal, that's probably better. (But people will have to document it on their own without a win condition because it WILL act as if you're on gen 10 at like gen 3.)

7 hours ago, Modiano said:

I'll probably redo it, maybe all genes unlocked?

Hm... It's not really a completion so you can turn that on if you want but I'll leave it off in the challenge rules. The goal is to evolve naturally so it may take a while for those things to be unlocked... But then again it will help make the evolution more obvious... Okay, maybe I'll do that but then I might put in either one of these rules, say which one you prefer? I think I like (1) the best, personally, but idk..

1.  Breeding pairs must share at least 1 mutation to have a maximum of 3 unique mutations per offspring.
  2. OR, each generation must only pick from a pool of 4 mutations (so gen 1 nichelings can only mutate big ears, black fur, spots, or velvet paw; gen 2 can only mutate stinky tail, derp snout, lean body, and stripes. Something like that) Either this could be for both their slots, or you could use one slot to mutate eyesight, fertility, blood clotting, or another flaw they have with a basic replacement.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedyscout said:

I think I'll make it 42 days, then they can have exactly 13 children (14 is very lucky) each. :) And I think I'll change it to Reach Generation 10 for the win-goal, that's probably better. (But people will have to document it on their own without a win condition because it WILL act as if you're on gen 10 at like gen 3.)

Hm... It's not really a completion so you can turn that on if you want but I'll leave it off in the challenge rules. The goal is to evolve naturally so it may take a while for those things to be unlocked... But then again it will help make the evolution more obvious... Okay, maybe I'll do that but then I might put in either one of these rules, say which one you prefer? I think I like (1) the best, personally, but idk..

1.  Breeding pairs must share at least 1 mutation to have a maximum of 3 unique mutations per offspring.
  2. OR, each generation must only pick from a pool of 4 mutations (so gen 1 nichelings can only mutate big ears, black fur, spots, or velvet paw; gen 2 can only mutate stinky tail, derp snout, lean body, and stripes. Something like that) Either this could be for both their slots, or you could use one slot to mutate eyesight, fertility, blood clotting, or another flaw they have with a basic replacement.

For the mutation rules i think 2 is good

• Paw up 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...