Stray Fawn Community

The Niche Wiki needs help

CatYarn

I tried to update the Niche Wiki a few days ago, but I hit a roadblock. I wanted to update some pages, like islands, genes, and the nichelings page with a tab so you could switch betwen the PC type and the Mobile one. I eventually discovered that what I was looking for was a template. All the information on how to add a template to a wiki page has been confusing at best, and completely unhelpful at worst. I managed to make a template, with a page called button, but any more and I break the page that I try to edit. Could anyone explain how templates work, or help the pages, some island mobile info and all the Niche Mobile genes are already on the wikia.

• Like 2

I have no idea how to edit webpages or anything about the niche wiki so I'm not very helpful. I don't know if you can make a button/tab to switch between versions of a website. Were you trying to edit this for everyone or just yourself?

14 hours ago, CatYarn said:

I tried to update the Niche Wiki a few days ago, but I hit a roadblock. I wanted to update some pages, like islands, genes, and the nichelings page with a tab so you could switch betwen the PC type and the Mobile one. I eventually discovered that what I was looking for was a template. All the information on how to add a template to a wiki page has been confusing at best, and completely unhelpful at worst. I managed to make a template, with a page called button, but any more and I break the page that I try to edit. Could anyone explain how templates work, or help the pages, some island mobile info and all the Niche Mobile genes are already on the wikia.

That's a fandom problem, not caused be stray fawn. 

If you need info about Niche just ask the community, the wiki isn't really a good place of info for niche  

I was trying to improve the wiki for everyone, if someone comes from mobile it might be hard for them to find these forums, and a wiki is designed to give players easy information about a game. I beat the game already, but it would've been helpful if I had known what genes there were and what skills and skill levels the islands required.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

On 7/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, CatYarn said:

I was trying to improve the wiki for everyone, if someone comes from mobile it might be hard for them to find these forums, and a wiki is designed to give players easy information about a game. I beat the game already, but it would've been helpful if I had known what genes there were and what skills and skill levels the islands required.

That's a good goal. I just don't have the know-how for it. I wish you luck