Stray Fawn Community

can you move a save file to somewhere else for temporary storage?

RubyDreams

i always have all my save slots full, but i want to start a new save, and all my current ones are pretty good, and i don't want to delete them.

can i safely move save files to somewhere else on my computer, and if so, can i rename the files so i can better manage them?

• Like 1

was kind of expecting the moving of the .nichesave of my choice to empty the slot but ok its still there and it isnt solving the problem of all my save slots being full

39 minutes ago, RubyDreams said:

was kind of expecting the moving of the .nichesave of my choice to empty the slot but ok its still there and it isnt solving the problem of all my save slots being full

did you still have the game open when you moved it? thats been a problem for me before, and if youve already moved it, its safe to just delete it in the game to free up a slot-it will still be where you moved it

1 hour ago, Katumai said:

did you still have the game open when you moved it? thats been a problem for me before, and if youve already moved it, its safe to just delete it in the game to free up a slot-it will still be where you moved it

game was closed when i moved it, and also i decided to delete it ingame to free up the slot. save is still there elsewhere.

11 hours ago, RubyDreams said:

game was closed when i moved it, and also i decided to delete it ingame to free up the slot. save is still there elsewhere.

Yes, you can only copy them, then you have to delete them still. But the copy is still there wherever you copied it to and just as good as the original save. Don't rename them though, I would suggest naming the folders

On 7/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, Chiyanna said:

Yes, you can only copy them, then you have to delete them still. But the copy is still there wherever you copied it to and just as good as the original save. Don't rename them though, I would suggest naming the folders

This is what I do - put everything in its own folder inside a folder and rename them. Make sure you only have one save for each slot. Numbers start with 0, then 1, etc. (You can have no saves for a slot, it'll just show an empty slot in-game and you can make a new one.)

Note that you can also copy saves, as well as deposit them on the forums to share with others (and put them anywhere else you want them to be, like Google Drive perhaps). Same with sandbox settings.

• Paw up 1