Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community

can you move a save file to somewhere else for temporary storage?


Recommended Posts

i always have all my save slots full, but i want to start a new save, and all my current ones are pretty good, and i don't want to delete them.

can i safely move save files to somewhere else on my computer, and if so, can i rename the files so i can better manage them?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

was kind of expecting the moving of the .nichesave of my choice to empty the slot but ok its still there and it isnt solving the problem of all my save slots being full

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RubyDreams said:

was kind of expecting the moving of the .nichesave of my choice to empty the slot but ok its still there and it isnt solving the problem of all my save slots being full

did you still have the game open when you moved it? thats been a problem for me before, and if youve already moved it, its safe to just delete it in the game to free up a slot-it will still be where you moved it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Katumai said:

did you still have the game open when you moved it? thats been a problem for me before, and if youve already moved it, its safe to just delete it in the game to free up a slot-it will still be where you moved it

game was closed when i moved it, and also i decided to delete it ingame to free up the slot. save is still there elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RubyDreams said:

game was closed when i moved it, and also i decided to delete it ingame to free up the slot. save is still there elsewhere.

Yes, you can only copy them, then you have to delete them still. But the copy is still there wherever you copied it to and just as good as the original save. Don't rename them though, I would suggest naming the folders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, Chiyanna said:

Yes, you can only copy them, then you have to delete them still. But the copy is still there wherever you copied it to and just as good as the original save. Don't rename them though, I would suggest naming the folders

This is what I do - put everything in its own folder inside a folder and rename them. Make sure you only have one save for each slot. Numbers start with 0, then 1, etc. (You can have no saves for a slot, it'll just show an empty slot in-game and you can make a new one.)

Note that you can also copy saves, as well as deposit them on the forums to share with others (and put them anywhere else you want them to be, like Google Drive perhaps). Same with sandbox settings.

  • Paw up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This helped me out a lot. It's old, so it's a bit different now (like number of savefiles, and names of them) but still useful. Especially to find where the niche saves are located to copy them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...