Stray Fawn Community

More save file slots (maybe 10 or so)

RubyDreams

8 replies to this post

You can only have 5 saves available in-game at a time, but you can store away saves in your computer and switch them out when you want to play whenever you want, you just gotta learn a bit about your computer:

^^especially check out the video linked in a comment, its very old but still accurate!

32 minutes ago, RubyDreams said:

i already knew how to do this, and this was the whole problem.

i recently angerly ranted to someone about the state of niche's development and i swear i am going to riot if yet another thing spits in the face of niche's community and its completely wasted potential. we all know you don't care about your own game, even though you used to.

Really? Do you know how much it takes to develop even the simplest of programs? Hours. If they didn't care, then why are they still updating the game, porting it to other consoles, LISTENING to the community? If you want an example of someone who doesn't care for their games, look at EA, not the  indie company that cannot thrive on only one game.

1 minute ago, Polly said:

wow, just wow.

it takes HOURS to code even the simplest of programs, stop acting like a spoiled brat that can't get what they want. and indie company CANNOT thrive on one game, they need to make new ones!! 

POLLY, we resolved the issue

22 hours ago, RubyDreams said:

i recently angerly ranted to someone about the state of niche's development and i swear i am going to riot if yet another thing spits in the face of niche's community and its completely wasted potential. we all know you don't care about your own game, even though you used to.

(Just an FYI — I'm not in any way involved with the development of the game, any more than you are.)

As Philo said in her reply to you in another topic, work involving Niche is proceeding. They obviously care about their game if they're porting it to Xbox, Epic, and PlayStation, as well as releasing a mobile game. Philo is even working on a prototype for a new version of Niche. They even have three other games, including one not released yet! All of this work involves lots of time, which takes away from being able to update Niche. However, it's unclear whether the game will have new updates (disregarding essential patches). Though everything "essential" is already added, like Sandbox Mode.

@Philo (sorry for the ping!), I call upon you not only so that you may make your own reply if you so wish, but to ask you a related question: Are there any plans to update Niche again? (just the possibility — no dates are needed)

I think a couple new features (genes or otherwise) would be a good refresh. It would likely bring in new players, as youtubers would pick up the game again. However, I think the game is well-rounded as it is, and though I do want more updates I'd be alright if there weren't any.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 3:13 PM, Sky said:

You can only have 5 saves available in-game at a time, but you can store away saves in your computer and switch them out when you want to play whenever you want, you just gotta learn a bit about your computer:

^^especially check out the video linked in a comment, its very old but still accurate!

• Like 1