Stray Fawn Community

Zebras of Nissaana

Chiyanna

Welcome to the island of Nissaana I just made that up by squishing together Niche and savanna. 

The zebras of this island were few and far between, especially after disaster struck, bringing those harems that had developed to ruin. But a new harem has just arrived at the southern port.

• Eek! 1

Copied from this thread:

20210713201940_1.thumb.jpg.c898354ec595ff139001894d5032f3b1.jpg

The starters start on a penninsula and quickly decide to go inland in search of berries. They are led by lead mare, Isisana. The lead stallion stays in back to protect the harem as they move.20210713202014_1.thumb.jpg.58fba4529414797c965abeaf1152f577.jpg

We find a berry bush! It's picked clean quickly, providing quite a bit of food. Then, we search for more bushes, moving in our migrating pattern.

20210713202138_1.thumb.jpg.05c8af0b9a2613aee815ce4c72998bfc.jpg

20210713202608_1.thumb.jpg.bcd3b3f60d2a6cef07d979c796952ea0.jpg

We breed for the first time, all compatable females the same day. Elana finds a nest first, but she is disturbed by young Grace who has curiously wandered over. She contemplates chasing the female off, but they are close in age and kind-of friends. Grace occupies herself with picking berries.

20210713203129_1.thumb.jpg.4ea83284f630a4354c0404e9892274d9.jpg

Our first foal is born! A male, though. The lead stallion is not too pleased...

20210713203424_1.thumb.jpg.3fc194265cdf186ec93c289a482e1401.jpg

After chasing off a rogue male I forgot to get a screenshot of, the stallion comes over; determined to do something about this. Elana stands her ground, protecting her infant son, refusing to move. Meanwhile, the other two females have nested in preparation for their foals.

Description contains spoilers! Hilight it by selecting the text to unhide it (it is written in white text).

In this video I introduce the main harem of zebras. They are led by the lead mare Isisana, who has had two female children so far and is the eldest. Tanopri is the lead stallion, and he hates other males, even his own sons. So he attacks his first son, child of Elana, and though I only meant for him to take damage, he dies cause apparently when you don't specify the cause of command damage the game treats it like predator damage which babies can't survive. After this, Elana hates Tanopri and will not breed with him again and avoids him. Grace leaves her male child with Stripes' son Kirnuku, and thus our first bachelor herd is formed.

• Like 1

Description contains spoilers! Hilight it by selecting the text to unhide it (it is written in white text).

In this video, Elana finds a wanderer called Kirduk. He is an odd sort, having a claw, and liking to be in the dry desert grasses of the savanna. But he is willing to defend Elana and to accept her unborn child of another male. Elana thinks she may have found a good stallion, but to her dissapointment, he is infertile (or impotent). Meanwhile, the main herd migrates and breeds for what is probably the last time before Tanopri dies. The bachelor herd to the south migrates into a small swamp where they discover poison berry bushes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

(I think the pic is grainy cause it's a snip that was enlarged in order to fill the whole vid showing area. It isn't this grainy on actual youtube?)

I'm so sorry about the sound quality! You may need to turn it up really loud to be able to hear me talk. Then the music gets really loud. I'll try muting the music and a different sound setting next time. Isisanna finally gives birth to a male. On her last day of life she convince Tanopri to keep him. He begins training him to be a stallion in preparation for his own death, but he dies before the foal grows, leaving his herd in danger of being taken by another stallion. Two yearlings attempt to run away together, but the other one comes back when a mare needs help watching their cubs. The other finds a strange new male and befriends him.