Stray Fawn Community

I can't breed my nichelings?

Chiyanna

The breed icon won't even show up! Not even with nichelings who should be compatable! I'm on the island Long Winter. The breed icon did show up before, but there is multiple things I've done since. I used the increase spawn command on rabbils and ramfoxes. I also used the changeberrycount command. I recently freed a nicheling from the ice. The only thing I have off in sandbox settings is rogue males, but I was able to breed before. Only the banish icon shows up, as you can see.

20210730211637_1.thumb.jpg.e1eb925d3fcc36acc5354875e25a1bc2.jpg

20210730211642_1.thumb.jpg.bd17f004df65d5ac7b5f07d793008609.jpg

20210730211629_1.thumb.jpg.e9eaad14092d0a7916825fa43e52673d.jpg

20210730211647_1.jpg

20210730211635_1.jpg

I had this once, also in a snow island. I thought it was because I passed Home Island without inviting them. Does exiting the save fix it? Maybe use the console to change their fertility, it might "update" their breeding status. Or use increaseage to turn into teens and then back to adults.

• Paw up 1

Thank you @MOD PUMPION for all you've done to help already! Did you try changing their fertility/age and it didn't work? If so, I'll jump right to spawning in home island animals, if not, I will try those first. It would make since if I could use spawn commands to fix it since spawn commands probably broke it.

16 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Thank you @MOD PUMPION for all you've done to help already! Did you try changing their fertility/age and it didn't work? If so, I'll jump right to spawning in home island animals, if not, I will try those first. It would make since if I could use spawn commands to fix it since spawn commands probably broke it.

Fertility and age didn't work

• Paw up 1

5 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(But if I use playeranimal they will be home island animals??)

Some might be, you could alternatively send them to home island and recruit a creature there. Though you might have to delete the save instead. Did you make it over a story mode save?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MOD PUMPION said:

Some might be, you could alternatively send them to home island and recruit a creature there. Though you might have to delete the save instead. Did you make it over a story mode save?

No, I don't think so. My storymode save has always been slot 1 (or 0). I don't remember all the saves that have been in this slot, but I don't think a storymode save ever was because I've only ever made one. Unless I downloaded and played a storymode save of someone in that slot, but I don't remember doing so. I will try the playeranimal command and hope it works.)

Well, it worked! Actually, apparently it didn't even have to be a home island animal, just one spawned in with the command. Though home island animals did spawn as well. I couldn't invite one in so I killed them. I still don't know if I could invite one in after that, but I found a wanderer and I just decided to try it and right away it was fixed. Unfortunately I killed a beautiful home island baby, and Fang died of old age in the process. Also Run got sick from a wanderer and got others sick too but they are all cured now. I had Run breed with a wanderer and will probably say he was a sort of rogue male....same one she got sick from. I know that's low but Fang was dead and I can't imagine she'd ever love anyone else. At least I don't have to delete the save now, and we have a new member.

54 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Well, it worked! Actually, apparently it didn't even have to be a home island animal, just one spawned in with the command. Though home island animals did spawn as well. I couldn't invite one in so I killed them. I still don't know if I could invite one in after that, but I found a wanderer and I just decided to try it and right away it was fixed. Unfortunately I killed a beautiful home island baby, and Fang died of old age in the process. Also Run got sick from a wanderer and got others sick too but they are all cured now. I had Run breed with a wanderer and will probably say ....same one she got sick from. I know that's low but Fang was dead and I can't imagine she'd ever love anyone else. At least I don't have to delete the save now, and we have a new member.

There are kids on the forums!

• Paw up 1

Just now, MOD PUMPION said:

Maybe she mated with him out of necessity

(That's sort of the reason, but she didn't even know Fang was dead yet so...Imma say he was a double clawed rogue male, he was sick too so that explains why he'd be a rogue