Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community

Children of Evil


Nightfire
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chapter 12 - Teeth and Toxins

Perspective of Slate

20211107080955_1.thumb.jpg.57826ea7caadc8319ce91c5b6bbe4340.jpg

Nibluis and Slate were stopped in their tracks as a bearyena charged from the grasses. Its teeth glimmered with hunger and its eyes gleamed a distant red hidden in pure darkness.

Nibluis immediately leaped away. Slate sliced its flank, to no effect. He jumped backwards, before remembering that Nibhui was right behind him.

Turning, brown and dark red fur streaked past him.

20211107081031_1.thumb.jpg.bdcd9e9a2bc0b097bdb7f269f8e3abce.jpg

Looking back, Outrage and Sanity tore into the bearyena's fur, Outrage full of emotion but Sanity without.

Outrage ripped into its foreleg, slicing it with hind claws and grabbing its shoulder with their forepaws. They roared into the bearyena's face, before biting into its eye.

Sanity leaped, spinning midair, and slashing its back. They kicked their hindlegs against it and leaping off, backwards, crouching upon landing and kicking its hindleg. It toppled down as it turned to try and grab them.

The duo both leaped onto the fallen bearyena, blow after blow against every inch of its face, throat and stomach. The bearyena broke free, kicking off Outrage and turning to run. As soon as Outrage was hit, Sanity shrieked and roared at the same time, emotion surging over every inch of their face. They leaped onto the bearyena's back, climbing through its rough mane to reach its head, of where they sprayed its entire face with venom at point blank range. The bearyena shrieked, and Sanity hit it with a series of blows against its face.

The bearyena finally fell, clawing at its face, and shrieking bloody murder. Sanity turned after falling off its back, their face in a distorted emotionless smirk before fading back into emotionless.

Slate sucked in a breath. He'd never seen a Sanity fight with Obsession before, and it scared him to his core.

Would he really be safe here?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chapter 13 - In the Dust

Perspective of Slate and Nibluis

20211107081448_1.thumb.jpg.c5fda0c466b052fc640502ce4b162fac.jpg

Nibluis was constantly agitated.

Slate had betrayed her! The mere existence of Nibhui made her scowl. She kept her distance from her disgraceful creation, despite Slate and Common wanting them to interact.

Slate had talked to Nibluis quite a bit about changing Nibhui's name. It was accurate to Nibluis; but Slate thought she was a monster for naming her child as a curse.

I've been his friend nearly his entire life, and yet he'll fight me for that stupid child that he's barely known!

So much for loyalty.

Nibluis sighed, approaching Common. This had to be done.

"Common, I'm leaving. I can't deal with this crap anymore." Nibluis didn't hide her emotions in her voice again.

"Wait! Really?" Common looked so pathetic with that look in his eyes.

"Yes." Nibluis swiped a few berries out of Common's hands, who didn't fight back. "Keep that stupid excuse of a child."

Nibluis' gems glittered. Green. How poetic, I'm like a Sanity without horns.

The Children are really strange. They're like split versions of actual nichelings. Nibluis had anger, ambition, manipulation and sanity, although she hid them all. Everyone only shows either the Commons or all of the Evils, it's what makes us nichelings.

The Children aren't nichelings.. they're just created for whatever sick games the gods make us play.

20211107081543_1.thumb.jpg.133db5e6e5f2832ed6908faae340aa23.jpg

Before Common could respond, Nibluis stomped off into the seas.

But Slate raced over.

"Nibluis! Where are you going?"

"Ah! Glad you could join me. Out of here with these stupid monsters, coming with?" Nibluis grinned with teeth.

Slate watched Nibluis from the shores.

"No. You're the stupid monster." He seemed to let out a thousand emotions at once.

The words struck Nibluis like an arrow. Did he really think that?

"The Children aren't inherently bad, they're made to be bad." Slate reasoned. "They're not monsters, they're nichelings created to be monsters. You're a nicheling who has made themselves a monster through their horrible actions."

Nibluis snarled. "Fine. Stay with your lovely criminals and that stupid waste of breath kid. I don't care."

Guess you're a monster and a liar, you lovesick freak.

20211107081701_1.thumb.jpg.eab9e012ca8472f6a1d240e951976ef6.jpg

Slate watched Nibluis fade into the distance. The sun was setting slowly.

What a jerk, leaving behind their own child. I wonder why I ever stayed around her.

Even this Evils group is better.

Slate felt a tug on his tail, and turned.

"Slate? When is mother going to come back?" Nibhui asked quietly.

"She'll.." Slate couldn't respond, a lump in his throat. "She's going off on a mission to courageously save us from.. a whale.. she won't be back. It will take her entire lifetime. You're lucky to be the kid of a hero."

Nibhui's shoulders dropped. "Oh."

"Wellll. Since she's gone.. we can do what we want." Slate grinned, dying inside. "You could even rename yourself!"

"I can?"

"Of course. I'd say Nibshubi. Would fit you. Know what it means?"

"No. Mother never taught me."

"It means Red Blessing." Slate's new grin was genuine. "Want it?"

"Yeah! That's a lot nicer than Nibhui."

Nibshubi, the Red Blessing Kid of a Hero.

She doesn't need a monstrous mother when she's got me and Common.

We'll be fine.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chapter 14 - Processing

Perspective of Common

20211107081807_1.thumb.jpg.1efe1508430faff7b12d62c8d283ac4d.jpg

Common had gone out to the shores. Partially to search for Nibluis, hoping that she regretted leaving Nibshubi, and partially to think about everything that had happened lately.

Patience, Trickery had told him before. That's a good trait. You have a lot of that. And forgiveness, and kindness, and you can make anything brighter just by being around.

Common wondered if he would forgive Nibluis. Probably. At least, that was what he was supposed to do.

..Wasn't it?

Common shook his head. Of course he would forgive Nibluis! Why wouldn't he?

If Nibluis comes back, whispered the back of his brain.

Common rubbed his head. A small rabbit curled beneath his paws, before noticing Common, and running off.

Before it left into the grasses, however, the rabbit looked back at Common. It seemed to search his eyes.

And then it vanished.

Is it possible to ignore what I was made to do?

20211107081927_1.thumb.jpg.a465ac9de31bb29e7972b985830465fc.jpg

Common came back to the camp soon enough. She had some small talk with Nibshubi and Slate, before Nibshubi ran off.

"Slate, I have something to- ask you." Common tried to smile, but for once, it was a struggle.

"What is it?" Slate seemed to be caught off guard by that.

"Is it possible- for- the Evils to act against their- purpose- I guess?" Common asked quietly.

"I'm not sure. The only instance I've seen it happen is if either the Common dies, or the rest of the Evils die. By then, their gems become black, and- they're pure nicheling, now." Slate responded. "Evils can't die of old age, just from bearyenas and poison and whatnot. Basically any death but old age."

"Huh. That's.. weird." Common felt a strange lump in her throat. "Has anyone tried it, at least?"

"Not that I know of. Why?" Slate raised an eyebrow.

Common sighed. "I don't think I can forgive Nibluis. Although I'm supposed to."

Slate looked at Common wonderingly, when a small glimmer of light in Common's chest faded.

One of her gemstones had become black.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 15 - Inner Troubles

Perspectives of Trickery and Ambition

(sorry about the late post)

20211219120652_1.thumb.jpg.b1f9582d705324982c5c8c655ea915b5.jpg

Trickery went over to the south edge of the camp, hearing a flurry of shouts of anger coming from that direction. Zircon was trying to stay calm as he sent a bombardment of insults at Outrage, while Outrage was matching them perfectly if not better. Trickery sighed.

"Just give me your berries! You don't need them anyways, your gems barely glow!" Outrage bristled.

"Absolutely not. I got them myself, you can get yours. You do have that paw for a reason." Zircon's eyes were cold.

Trickery went beside the middle of the duo, but they barely noticed. "Hey there guys. Let's just calm down and sort this out peacefully, before I go get Common."

"What's he gonna do?" Outrage tore up grass, dirt ripping free. "Zircon should just give me the berries, and that'll be a peaceful solution."

Zircon groaned. "Your berries will be back by tomorrow anyway. So get away from me, mudcoat."

Outrage jumped forwards in a flash of dark brown fur. Their claws tore into Zircon, aiming for the face, but Zircon reacted quickly as if experienced in dealing with anger outbursts. Zircon poised his horns downward and speared Outrage's claw on the end.

The horn tore through a portion of Outrage's pad, impaling just on the edge of a toe, before ripping fully through to cause a tear. Outrage shrieked, their claws slicing down and hitting Zircon's upper head and, with a quick turn, sent Zircon reeling away.

Trickery snapped their jaws at Outrage's ear, and as Outrage turned to slice back, Trickery poised their scorpion tail at Outrage's neck. Outrage let out a startled squeak. Trickery weaved between the two nichelings.

"I said; peacefully. You deaf warthogs." Trickery's teeth clenched. Wait until I tell Common about this; he'll love me for keeping the peace!

But all the commotion had caused Common and Ambition to come over and see what was happening.

20211219120911_1.thumb.jpg.7cb5088cb8e5956e4c8d63b952801d52.jpg

"What happened over here?" Common sounded spooked as Zircon and Outrage glared at each other, Trickery purring and leaping away.

"Outrage tried to mug me." Zircon stepped backwards, eyes locked with Outrage, and grabbed a berry off of a bush, grinning smugly.

"Zircon doesn't think sharing is caring." Outrage tried to do the same, but almost ate a toxic berry. They still forced a smug grin.

Common looked on the edge of facepalming, but Ambition's eyes gleamed with curious interest. They slithered closer to hear what would happen next, casually eating berries and being grateful nobody could read minds.

"Alright, tell me exactly what happened." Common wiped blood off a rock, gagging and looking away while doing so. So weak.

"Well you see. I was minding my own business." Zircon popped another berry into his mouth. "And Outrage came over, asking for my berries. I, of course, reasoned that there were many other berry bushes Outrage could pick from-"

"- they had not berries." Outrage interrupted. "And you just snarled at me and said 'piss off mudcoat'." Sounds like Outrage.

"Nonono, they had berries, you just didn't look-" Outrage opened their mouth. "-Shut up and let me finish. Outrage then threatened me for the berries, and I then responded with the 'mudcoat' comment. Because you look like you rolled in mud a lot."

Outrage growled. "And then Zircon attacked me. The end."

"Nonono. You attacked me! Trickery saw it, right Tricke-" Zircon looked around, but the beige nicheling was nowhere to be seen. Threatening stealth.. need to keep an eye on them.

"Alright. Next time, Outrage, take no for an answer, and Zircon, don't be so rude and don't insult anyone." Common sounded a bit uncertain and a bit too optimistic after 2 tribe-members literally tried to maul each other over a few berries.

Ambition itched, and a plan formed in their head.

With a fast leap, Ambition reached the stump, and called out, "Let's hold our election, everyone! We've put it off for way too long!"

Danger glinted in their eyes and Ambition felt their gems pulse with light and power.

It's time to live up to my name.

.

.

.

Bonus screenshot; Slate being a good adopted father.

20211219120829_1.thumb.jpg.5addd29476ed61b975b70503776e72d4.jpg

Nibshubi can't move on land that well (1 tile per movement) so Slate moved to the berry bush by the bay so Nibshubi can move around freely and still be near her to keep her company.

Common also visits when not stopping the tribe from falling apart every 2 minutes. Parents of the year everyone

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

Chapter 15 - Inner Troubles

Perspectives of Trickery and Ambition

(sorry about the late post)

20211219120652_1.thumb.jpg.b1f9582d705324982c5c8c655ea915b5.jpg

Trickery went over to the south edge of the camp, hearing a flurry of shouts of anger coming from that direction. Zircon was trying to stay calm as he sent a bombardment of insults at Outrage, while Outrage was matching them perfectly if not better. Trickery sighed.

"Just give me your berries! You don't need them anyways, your gems barely glow!" Outrage bristled.

"Absolutely not. I got them myself, you can get yours. You do have that paw for a reason." Zircon's eyes were cold.

Trickery went beside the middle of the duo, but they barely noticed. "Hey there guys. Let's just calm down and sort this out peacefully, before I go get Common."

"What's he gonna do?" Outrage tore up grass, dirt ripping free. "Zircon should just give me the berries, and that'll be a peaceful solution."

Zircon groaned. "Your berries will be back by tomorrow anyway. So get away from me, mudcoat."

Outrage jumped forwards in a flash of dark brown fur. Their claws tore into Zircon, aiming for the face, but Zircon reacted quickly as if experienced in dealing with anger outbursts. Zircon poised his horns downward and speared Outrage's claw on the end.

The horn tore through a portion of Outrage's pad, impaling just on the edge of a toe, before ripping fully through to cause a tear. Outrage shrieked, their claws slicing down and hitting Zircon's upper head and, with a quick turn, sent Zircon reeling away.

Trickery snapped their jaws at Outrage's ear, and as Outrage turned to slice back, Trickery poised their scorpion tail at Outrage's neck. Outrage let out a startled squeak. Trickery weaved between the two nichelings.

"I said; peacefully. You deaf warthogs." Trickery's teeth clenched. Wait until I tell Common about this; he'll love me for keeping the peace!

But all the commotion had caused Common and Ambition to come over and see what was happening.

20211219120911_1.thumb.jpg.7cb5088cb8e5956e4c8d63b952801d52.jpg

"What happened over here?" Common sounded spooked as Zircon and Outrage glared at each other, Trickery purring and leaping away.

"Outrage tried to mug me." Zircon stepped backwards, eyes locked with Outrage, and grabbed a berry off of a bush, grinning smugly.

"Zircon doesn't think sharing is caring." Outrage tried to do the same, but almost ate a toxic berry. They still forced a smug grin.

Common looked on the edge of facepalming, but Ambition's eyes gleamed with curious interest. They slithered closer to hear what would happen next, casually eating berries and being grateful nobody could read minds.

"Alright, tell me exactly what happened." Common wiped blood off a rock, gagging and looking away while doing so. So weak.

"Well you see. I was minding my own business." Zircon popped another berry into his mouth. "And Outrage came over, asking for my berries. I, of course, reasoned that there were many other berry bushes Outrage could pick from-"

"- they had not berries." Outrage interrupted. "And you just snarled at me and said 'piss off mudcoat'." Sounds like Outrage.

"Nonono, they had berries, you just didn't look-" Outrage opened their mouth. "-Shut up and let me finish. Outrage then threatened me for the berries, and I then responded with the 'mudcoat' comment. Because you look like you rolled in mud a lot."

Outrage growled. "And then Zircon attacked me. The end."

"Nonono. You attacked me! Trickery saw it, right Tricke-" Zircon looked around, but the beige nicheling was nowhere to be seen. Threatening stealth.. need to keep an eye on them.

"Alright. Next time, Outrage, take no for an answer, and Zircon, don't be so rude and don't insult anyone." Common sounded a bit uncertain and a bit too optimistic after 2 tribe-members literally tried to maul each other over a few berries.

Ambition itched, and a plan formed in their head.

With a fast leap, Ambition reached the stump, and called out, "Let's hold our election, everyone! We've put it off for way too long!"

Danger glinted in their eyes and Ambition felt their gems pulse with light and power.

It's time to live up to my name.

.

.

.

Bonus screenshot; Slate being a good adopted father.

20211219120829_1.thumb.jpg.5addd29476ed61b975b70503776e72d4.jpg

Nibshubi can't move on land that well (1 tile per movement) so Slate moved to the berry bush by the bay so Nibshubi can move around freely and still be near her to keep her company.

Common also visits when not stopping the tribe from falling apart every 2 minutes. Parents of the year everyone

ah yes wholesome parents in a tribe where u can get murdered over some berries and everyone is trying to take advantage of everyone else

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chapter 16A - Election

Perspective of Common

unnamed.thumb.jpg.28c025b61a3c9abb388cd1e1c19b1317.jpg

(ignore gemstone colors)

"Alright! Let's get this thing started!" Ambition grinned widely as they leaped onto the stump. "Who else wants to run?"

Common was about to settle into the crowd, when Trickery grabbed her arm. "Let's run! It'll be fun."

"You uh-" Common tried to smile. "You sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course! It'll be fine." Trickery jumped next to Ambition, who gazed down at them with cold eyes.

Common was spooked.

"We'll split into three different groups." Ambition continued. "Stand by whoever you vote for. Or nobody at all."

20211227123543_1.thumb.jpg.e295ae48673cead766f14d8dc6301a98.jpg

Koreko shuffled beside Ambition, patting the ground warily. Zircon glanced around briefly before settling beside her aswell; Outrage looked at Ambition for a moment before sitting beside Trickery and Sanity, not looking at anyone in particular; Nibshubi and Slate instantly went to Common, who murmured her thanks. It was a 3-way tie between all the parties.

Ambition looked at their followers in disbelief, before snarling and stepping towards the Trickery followers. Sanity and Outrage backed up as Trickery stared at Ambition in confusion.

Then, Ambition leaped forwards towards Trickery. Trickery leaped back, blood trickling down their cheek. Their tail swung forwards and struck Ambition in the chest. Ambition gagged and tore the stinger out, a dark substance leaking from the wound. Common gasped and jumped forwards to stand between the two.

20211227123800_1.thumb.jpg.9f1a77bc5298bbec3fc1e540da011c66.jpg

"Ambition! Calm down!" Common looked desperate as Ambition gazed down at Common as if she were an ant defending her ant mound, in Ambition's way.

"I deserve to be the leader!" Ambition snapped their jaws around Common's shoulder, and threw her towards the beach. Common rolled over the sand, blood soaking it into her fur and making her gag.

Suddenly, something grabbed her off the ground and dragged her up, holding her off her feet.

Chapter 16B - Battle for the Throne

20211227123906_1.thumb.jpg.793cf299ba7a653606632b6d6262c441.jpg

"I don't need you! I don't want you and I don't like you. You're just in my way." Ambition's arm trembled as their face was morphed in expressionless horror.

Darkness crept at the sides of Common's vision, and her throat hurt as though it was sucked out of her body. Trickery and Slate were shouting muted things, Outrage and Sanity were somewhere.. and Niblu-Nibshubi was running away, into the waters. Her mind stung and her memory flared dangerously blank.

Suddenly, a thud was heard and a flash of coral fur sent Common flying backwards, and she fell into the waters below.

20211227124023_1.thumb.jpg.9e14453c54027ea5157a1a8be1cfff88.jpg

Water filled Common's lungs and eyes as she coughed hoarsely, seeing the light return to her world. Slate helped lift her up and brushed sand off her coat, as salty water sent stings of pain through her body. She cried out at a lash of pain, and tried to pull onto the shore, when her paw hit something- or someone.

"Ambition! Quit it." An unlikely voice called.

Her savior was none other than Koreko; an invisible refugee of her own crimes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Chapter 16A - Election

Perspective of Common

unnamed.thumb.jpg.28c025b61a3c9abb388cd1e1c19b1317.jpg

(ignore gemstone colors)

"Alright! Let's get this thing started!" Ambition grinned widely as they leaped onto the stump. "Who else wants to run?"

Common was about to settle into the crowd, when Trickery grabbed her arm. "Let's run! It'll be fun."

"You uh-" Common tried to smile. "You sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course! It'll be fine." Trickery jumped next to Ambition, who gazed down at them with cold eyes.

Common was spooked.

"We'll split into three different groups." Ambition continued. "Stand by whoever you vote for. Or nobody at all."

20211227123543_1.jpg

Koreko shuffled beside Ambition, patting the ground warily. Zircon glanced around briefly before settling beside her aswell; Outrage looked at Ambition for a moment before sitting beside Trickery and Sanity, not looking at anyone in particular; Nibshubi and Slate instantly went to Common, who murmured her thanks. It was a 3-way tie between all the parties.

Ambition looked at their followers in disbelief, before snarling and stepping towards the Trickery followers. Sanity and Outrage backed up as Trickery stared at Ambition in confusion.

Then, Ambition leaped forwards towards Trickery. Trickery leaped back, blood trickling down their cheek. Their tail swung forwards and struck Ambition in the chest. Ambition gagged and tore the stinger out, a dark substance leaking from the wound. Common gasped and jumped forwards to stand between the two.

20211227123800_1.jpg

"Ambition! Calm down!" Common looked desperate as Ambition gazed down at Common as if she were an ant defending her ant mound, in Ambition's way.

"I deserve to be the leader!" Ambition snapped their jaws around Common's shoulder, and threw her towards the beach. Common rolled over the sand, blood soaking it into her fur and making her gag.

Suddenly, something grabbed her off the ground and dragged her up, holding her off her feet.

Chapter 16B - Battle for the Throne

20211227123906_1.jpg

"I don't need you! I don't want you and I don't like you. You're just in my way." Ambition's arm trembled as their face was morphed in expressionless horror.

Darkness crept at the sides of Common's vision, and her throat hurt as though it was sucked out of her body. Trickery and Slate were shouting muted things, Outrage and Sanity were somewhere.. and Niblu-Nibshubi was running away, into the waters. Her mind stung and her memory flared dangerously blank.

Suddenly, a thud was heard and a flash of coral fur sent Common flying backwards, and she fell into the waters below.

20211227124023_1.jpg

Water filled Common's lungs and eyes as she coughed hoarsely, seeing the light return to her world. Slate helped lift her up and brushed sand off her coat, as salty water sent stings of pain through her body. She cried out at a lash of pain, and tried to pull onto the shore, when her paw hit something- or someone.

"Ambition! Quit it." An unlikely voice called.

Her savior was none other than Koreko; an invisible refugee of her own crimes.

the images are broken

  • Paw up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 17 - Yesterday

Perspectives of Koreko

20220109115757_1.thumb.jpg.aa1855cb872ba99f761dc78725e19062.jpg

Ambition hesitated, staring at Koreko with an expressionless face but eyes that had a glitter of something within telling Ambition to stop attacking. It was strange to Koreko, as she remembered none of that herself. But she took the opportunity to lift Ambition away with the help of Zircon, as Slate helped Common out of the water.

Koreko grabbed Ambition's paw and practically dragged them along with her. Ambition let her, staring down into nothingness with wide, shocked eyes, but with a set jaw and no particular expression. Trickery's voiced concerns over Common faded out in the background, and Outrage was still nowhere to be found. But Koreko didn't care.

20220109115949_1.thumb.jpg.8797f3c38f75b9835aa6fad50a33a042.jpg

"Calm down. It's not a very big deal, that silly election." Koreko looked back at the tribe, Sanity gazing in her direction with icy interest. Koreko shuddered, remembering Fossil, and her mind reminded her Yesterday's screams of pain and the river stained in scarlet blood. Koreko shoved memories back, and focused on her task.

I have a second chance to stop it now.

"I know. But why did I.." Ambition looked down at their claw, seemingly confused by the blood, or lack thereof. ".. why did I stop? I could shred you! I could destroy everyone here and Outrage would just sit by and do nothing. I did mean to kill Common, I'm supposed to. But why didn't I.."

"You're an Ambition. Like I was." Koreko glared into the distance. "I wanted everything. You want everything. You attack and you shred your Evils groups in your own selfishness, and you forget to save the thing that made you." She choked on the words, seeing Fossil's dangerous eyes and Zircon running, and the entire world slowing as everything changed.

She remembered the feeling of wonder, of fear, of the sudden lack of selfish desire. The sky falling and her gems fading into darkness. Her horns unraveling and opening her heart. At the cost of Yesterday's life.

And then she remembered running, running from her group, from her crimes, from her past, running from herself and all she'd done, but most of all, running for redemption.

And the redemption was right here. Right in front of her eyes.

"You need to find a way out of your Ambition. Out of your horrible thoughts. Out of your desires. I was always stopped myself before I did anything horrible, especially to Yesterday. But when Fossil killed Yesterday, I was freed." Koreko admitted. "But Yesterday didn't deserve to die. Yesterday was amazing, and brilliant, and was everything great.. everything we aren't."

Ambition stared at Koreko in wondering, anger, confusion, but most of all, a pleading want to reach this impossible future. Koreko sudden noticed a flicker on their chest, and watched as a gemstone fought against fading into black and staying that lively orange Koreko was so familiar with.

"I don't know what stopped me." Ambition admitted. "But I saw someone. A black nicheling, with no features, but gleaming eyes, and broken gemstones. Bubbles leaked from their mouth, and they rose from the water. I heard their memories."

Koreko remembered that invisible face. A great, beautifully simple laugh. A build of nothing special, but a heart of gold. A pair of bright, blue eyes, and fur darker than the night sky. A common look, but a legendary personality.

Yesterday.

20220109120209_1.thumb.jpg.81c64fbccea9f7cba481a9b79977882c.jpg

Koreko grabbed Ambition, and dragged them into the grasses on the other side of the river.

"Tell me about him. I want to hear about Yesterday once again." Koreko's voice was raw and pleading.

Ambition stared at Koreko in temporary disbelief, but then grinned. "Sure."

Tomorrow is on the horizon. Yesterday is a memory. The present is a Common thing, but it's so sacred and valuable, we never appreciate it until we lose it and we're in someone else's yesterday.

Ambition is in their yesterday, I am their tomorrow, and the present is the gift they will receive once the night passes.

Neither nicheling noticed the black spot of light on Ambition's chest in the dim light, except for a memory that Koreko began to relive.

  • Like 1
  • Eek! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 18 - Slate's Last Travel

Perspective of Nibshubi

20220123131538_1.thumb.jpg.0e3353609be8f8a4c42cb9927c8f9a38.jpg

The rain beat down by the time the entire tribe had regrouped. Nibshubi was on the brink of adulthood, and she felt hopeful that the tribe would work out well.. Ambition even had one of those black gems now, like Common! That must be good, right?

The tribe was awkwardly silent, but Slate tapped Common. "talk to me and Nibshubi for a moment?"

Common nodded, glancing back and saying something to Trickery before jumped down to the shore. Slate led them away from the rest of the tribe, and Nibshubi felt a bit uneasy.

20220123131614_1.thumb.jpg.b9ed1e3ceb23c07d11ee9822261b345a.jpg

"I'm an old man, you both know." Slate frowned. "And it seems my days are running low."

Nibshubi blinked, surprised. She'd forgotten how old Slate really was. "You're going to.. leave us..?"

"I will never leave, no. I will always watch you both." Slate rubbed Nibshubi's head, and Common was frozen in shock. "Just one more journey. One final travel. And then I will rest forever, and keep you safe." 

Nibshubi folded her head into Slate. "Really?"

"Really. Would I lie to my favorite nichelings?" Slate smiled a sad grin. His eyes were wet. "Let's go tell the rest of the tribe, 'kay?"

Common nodded sadly. It was the first time his demeanor was so quietly melancholy.

But was there anything really happy in this situation?

 

20220123132014_1.thumb.jpg.8f8d524eacf1937263832e2225bbccda.jpg

The tribe had said their goodbyes. And rain began to singe the fur of Nibshubi, making her cold. A drizzle had started up.

Slate had said what he'd needed to; that every spirit of the island never rests until those it cares for will be safe in their futures. That he would never leave Nibshubi and Common, even after death. That he would help them however he could, to make sure Common didn't die for the Evils to be free from their curses.

That everything would be alright.

And most of all. Nibshubi had asked him what really happened to Nibluis. He finally responded truthfully; that she had left Nibshubi because Nibshubi has half rogue. That she hated the Evils.

Nibshubi didn't feel sad. She never knew Nibluis. She did, however, know Trickery and Common and Slate. She knew Koreko and Zircon, Ambition and Outrage and Sanity, and she had found a family without Nibluis.

Even if they were cursed to be horrible and bad, she knew that they could become good.

And as the rain tore into a thunderstorm, Slate vanished into the mist, never to be seen alive again.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eek! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightfire said:

Chapter 18 - Slate's Last Travel

Perspective of Nibshubi

20220123131538_1.thumb.jpg.0e3353609be8f8a4c42cb9927c8f9a38.jpg

The rain beat down by the time the entire tribe had regrouped. Nibshubi was on the brink of adulthood, and she felt hopeful that the tribe would work out well.. Ambition even had one of those black gems now, like Common! That must be good, right?

The tribe was awkwardly silent, but Slate tapped Common. "talk to me and Nibshubi for a moment?"

Common nodded, glancing back and saying something to Trickery before jumped down to the shore. Slate led them away from the rest of the tribe, and Nibshubi felt a bit uneasy.

20220123131614_1.thumb.jpg.b9ed1e3ceb23c07d11ee9822261b345a.jpg

"I'm an old man, you both know." Slate frowned. "And it seems my days are running low."

Nibshubi blinked, surprised. She'd forgotten how old Slate really was. "You're going to.. leave us..?"

"I will never leave, no. I will always watch you both." Slate rubbed Nibshubi's head, and Common was frozen in shock. "Just one more journey. One final travel. And then I will rest forever, and keep you safe." 

Nibshubi folded her head into Slate. "Really?"

"Really. Would I lie to my favorite nichelings?" Slate smiled a sad grin. His eyes were wet. "Let's go tell the rest of the tribe, 'kay?"

Common nodded sadly. It was the first time his demeanor was so quietly melancholy.

But was there anything really happy in this situation?

 

20220123132014_1.thumb.jpg.8f8d524eacf1937263832e2225bbccda.jpg

The tribe had said their goodbyes. And rain began to singe the fur of Nibshubi, making her cold. A drizzle had started up.

Slate had said what he'd needed to; that every spirit of the island never rests until those it cares for will be safe in their futures. That he would never leave Nibshubi and Common, even after death. That he would help them however he could, to make sure Common didn't die for the Evils to be free from their curses.

That everything would be alright.

And most of all. Nibshubi had asked him what really happened to Nibluis. He finally responded truthfully; that she had left Nibshubi because Nibshubi has half rogue. That she hated the Evils.

Nibshubi didn't feel sad. She never knew Nibluis. She did, however, know Trickery and Common and Slate. She knew Koreko and Zircon, Ambition and Outrage and Sanity, and she had found a family without Nibluis.

Even if they were cursed to be horrible and bad, she knew that they could become good.

And as the rain tore into a thunderstorm, Slate vanished into the mist, never to be seen alive again.

DUDE YOUR TOO GOOD AT THIS 🙏

 

I wanna write like this so bad but my eyes need colour, and colour makes me unfocus 😭

 

But I'm very curious for the next chapter! And Nibshubi my beloved < 3 She is precious.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...