Stray Fawn Community

Kat's Niche Mythology

Katumai

what is this, like, the third time I'm doing this?

Anyway, a big ol masterpost for all of the wack lore I've got-and trust me, it's. weird

I'll keep updating it once I remember more info and stuff

This won't just be my gods/goddesses/spirits and stuff, but also just some notable nichelings I've had who made an impact on history

i've only got a few in there right now because my fingers can only take so much but i'll add more later

time to get this over with so I can s l e e p

The One of Hope

God of Creation

image.thumb.png.1e83e8453065a8569c2b38154dcf67bb.png

(art by my super awesome and swaggy friend Flower which I finally get to use)

Parents: ???

Siblings: The Rotting One ⧬

Mates: ???

Children: Quosine ⧬, Adabrie ⧬, Casti'n♂️

Physical Attributes: An absolute behemoth, said to be several worlds long with paws that could crush the entire sea, almost always a lot smaller on the rare occasions he visits the mortal world, a pair of massive and elegant wings that are usually folded against his back, a radiant and peaceful glow that shines around him and is said to fill any living creature nearby with trainquility

Deaths: None that are known

Brief History:

The one of hope is a creature that seems to have been made by nothing but the universe itself, having simply come into existence one day along with his sister, The Rotting One. After a history that nobody has managed to uncover, a chain of events led to the two siblings splitting and forming two separate worlds. The One of Hope made a place where his creations could live fairly nice lives-but he didn't create a perfect world. He created a fair one. 

Not everyone is happy in his world, but what can be done about that?

The Rotting One

Goddess of Creation

image.thumb.png.4e7e42d46d5555cb701cdb3148195a62.png

(art was also made by Flower)

Parents: ???

Siblings: The One of Hope ♂

Mates: ???

Children: Esho'tso ⧬, Doxikao ♂, Dyutsati ♂

Physical Attributes: Absolutely massive just like her brother, described as a constantly rotting yet still alive entity, covered in dried blood with the stench of death constantly coming from her fur

Brief History:

Same as her brother, nobody knows what brought her into this world. After her fallout with her brother, she split off to create a world full of despair and suffering. The polar opposite to the one her brother had made.

Her unbridled rage and hatred was poured into this world, leaving it's residents with nothing but sadness and envy in their hearts. This world eventually came to be known as Bekatu, and the residents of The One of Hope's world were sent off there in the case that they committed disgusting, heinous acts.

The Rotting One isn't too fond of her world being used as a garbage can.

Shark

God of The Sea

image.png.05da008c51f14b55ee88baecb3596af5.png

Parents: Sand ♂, Unknown Parent

Siblings: Several Unknown Siblings

Mates: Several Unknown Mates

Children: Bloodstone ♂, Bloodlust ♂

Physical Attributes: Very sturdy and muscular, quite large, has more fins and a shark tail in his god form

Deaths: Razorania (First life), Old Age (Second life)

Brief History:

Shark was born in a time where Nichelings as a species hadn't existed for very long, and so became the first god to have ever started out as a mortal.

The area his tribe lived in was completely plagues by razorania, and Shark was well known for being the only one able to catch them. They say it was fascinating to watch him wrestle with the fish, killing the creatures in a single snap of his great jaws. He protected his tribe for many, many seasons, and he died as he lived-saving his sister from one of the razorania.

Blade

God of Plague

image.png.d9b19e6200fe69443664bbe5de396ac0.png

Parents: Ceda ♀, Vannil ♂

Siblings: None

Mates: Penelope ♀

Children: None

Physical Attributes: Pretty lanky and scrawny, fur is almost always sticking up everywhere

Deaths: Sickness (First Life), Old Age (Second Life)

Brief History:

Blade was born in quite a large tribe, made up of hundred of nichelings. Quickly though, he was outcasted and feared for his illness, being the only one to actually have anything of the sort. Nobody would go near him for fear of catching his disease-even his mother failed to acknowledge him much, and with his father dead before he was born, he grew up lonely and bitter.

He found love in an outspoken and hardheaded female named Penelope, who hung around him and accepted him for who he was. It was the first time someone had shown basic levels of decency to him. He was...infatuated. The feelings he had quickly became obssessive in nature, and the plan brewing in his mind wasn't going to spare even her.

Slowly, and intentionally, Blade spread his illness. It spread fast, jumping from nicheling to nicheling and soon infecting the entire tribe of many, many nichelings. They all slowly succumbed, coughing and hacking as Blade watched quietly. 

Penelope wasn't spared, he wanted her to feel what he felt and join him in death so they could truly be together. He sat by her side and whispered words of love and comfort in her ear as she passed, and soon, he was the only one left.

Genevieve

Goddess of Misfortune

image.png.1148e785ab7df877988969c9d29dc21a.png

Parents: Unknown♂, Unknown♀, Lareko ♀

Siblings: None

Mates: Unknown ♂

Children: None that are known

Physical Attributes: Quite short, very prickly fur, a little fang that sticks out from the left side of her mouth, covered in several scars from her misadventures

Deaths: Caught in Her Own Trap (First life), Bearyena (Second life), Old Age (Third life)

Brief History:

WIP (aka im just too lazy to type it right now)

Carrion

Goddess of Revenge

image.png.5d1148eae0bf1f50719d4d54b8c709dc.png

Parents: Ria ♀, Jenka ♂

Siblings: Unknown ♂

Mates: Nutalie ♀

Children: None

Physical Attributes: Very, very large, wears the cracked skull of a nicheling with ram horns (I always forget to draw them-), covered in nasty burns

Deaths: Drowning (First life)

Brief History:

Carrion was born with the name Akriah, in a savannah tribe that had no place or tolerance for her. She had very thick fur and wasn't suited in the slightest for such heat, and so she was left to her own devices, intended to be bait for the bluebirds so the tribe could hunt some-but her father defended her and refused to let her die without a chance to prove herself.

But it all went to waste after a devastating fire broke out, leaving Akriah trapped inside. She almost died that day, but luckily she was rescued and survived her many disfiguring injuries. Her mother Ria gave up on her almost immediately after, renaming her Carrion in an act of pure cruelty and cold bloodedness.

After her brother was born, nobody cared enough to even acknowledge her, too busy doting on the perfect little boy to care about the scarred and emotionally damaged child. And so, when she was supposed to be watching him, she left him, watching as a bluebird snatched him up and carried him off.

Not long after, yet another fire arrived, engulfing the savannah in it's flames and trapping Carrion's parents inside. Instead of helping them, she watched them burn, cold and emotionless, taking her mother's skull and wearing it as a keepsake in the aftermath.

The whole story would be too long to tell here, but let's just say her revenge plans went on for a very, very long time.

Doxx

The Prince of Peril

image.png.43977b8da54a726b2e99af32cf20c69e.png

Parents: The Rotting One ♀, Unknown Parent

Siblings: Esho'tso ♀, Dysutsati ♂

Mates: Southend ♂, Voice ♂

Children: Kudufrn ♂

Physical Attributes: Very short, looks scrawny-ish until you actually fight him, three sets of horns, two sets of ears, three yellow diamond shapes in his eyes (most of this is only in his true, his mortal form is much less threatening)

Brief History:

True name Doxikao, he's the Rotting One's third-born, an odd sort of creature with a love of tricks and psychological warfare. He often shows up in the mortal world and messes with people's heads just for fun, driving them to the brink of insanity and occasionally driving them to do unspeakable things. Most known for the way he can lay every detail of someone's life out in front of them without them speaking a word.

It's not completely clear what his motive is or what he's really been up to considering his scattered history, but a few things are clear-he's up to no good, and he seems to have gotten quite the soft spot for a couple of mortals in particular.

So much so, that he's dragged one back to Bekatu with him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Katumai said:

Anyway, a big ol masterpost for all of the wack lore I've got-and trust me, it's. weird

mine involves:

-time travel
-a clone
-a goddess that nobody's really sure about the existence of (+ she lives in space, is like the tooth fairy but with gems, and is the mate of the time traveler)
-a nicheling that was born ordinary but convinced her tribe that she's a goddess thus creating her own monotheistic religion that's more of a cult because they make regular sacrifices to her
-Adam and Eve have their own story where Eve is trapped in an eternal circle of reincarnation and Adam willingly joins her because she's his true love
-Meringue hands out brochures and convinces nichelings that they should get sick and pay him berries for his "service"
-and MORE

...WELCOME TO THE WEIRD NICHE MYTHOLOGY CLUB : D /hj

• Like 4